Dewpider, Araquanid Discussion

Specs Wishiwashi would be a better choice. Include rain for even more murder :P

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi Hydro Pump (220 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 478-564 (74.4 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Wouldn't Wishiwashi need Schooling to stay a badass, though?

Specs Wishiwashi would be a better choice. Include rain for even more murder :P

252+ SpA Choice Specs Wishiwashi Hydro Pump (220 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 478-564 (74.4 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Doubt you can use Entrainment on Wishiwashi, considering other abilities like Schooling.

Oh, right, forgot that Schooling cannot be removed.

Then yeah, Keldeo.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump (220 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 409-483 (63.7 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Who needs Sacred Sword?

Reactions: Edu
There's nothing righter
Than saying dew-PI-der,
But there's nothing stupider
Than likening Dewpider
To the planet Jupiter
I can't be the only one that is disappointed by this failing to be a limerick :heart: Unless you don't know how to pronounce Jupiter lmfao

>Is a spider

>Does not learn Sticky Web in any form or fashion.

If Motherfuckin' Surskit can learn it yet a spider doesn't then what even?

At least Water Bubble is a good ability, makes up for its offensive stats.

Last edited:
Can someone do the calcs on Golisipod with water bubble? I'd imagine he'd love to have it, and his liquidation would hit much, much harder than almost anything else. Emergency exit has its uses, allowing golisipod to first impression repeatedly, but he'd extremely hard if entrained with water bubble. Probably wouldn't be a great idea to lead with two mons with the same ability, I'm just curious just how hard he'd hit

I can't be the only one that is disappointed by this failing to be a limerick :heart: Unless you don't know how to pronounce Jupiter lmfao
I can't be the only one that is disappointed it was posted at all. I guess I have too much faith in the future of humanity.

Also I agree that Araquanid will be seeing some usage in doubles formats at least. Entraining Water Bubble onto Keldeo or something would be great for Rain teams.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one that is disappointed it was posted at all. I guess I have too much faith in the future of humanity.

Also I agree that Araquanid will be seeing some usage in doubles formats at least. Entraining Water Bubble onto Keldeo or something would be great for Rain teams.
You could honesty just use a fast helping hand user and get the same effect. One of them will die after 1-2 turns ruining the strategy.

Can someone do the calcs on Golisipod with water bubble? I'd imagine he'd love to have it, and his liquidation would hit much, much harder than almost anything else. Emergency exit has its uses, allowing golisipod to first impression repeatedly, but he'd extremely hard if entrained with water bubble. Probably wouldn't be a great idea to lead with two mons with the same ability, I'm just curious just how hard he'd hit
Maybe you could use that in doubles as araquanid is faster than golisipod.

252+ Atk Life Orb Water Bubble Golisopod Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 175-208 (86.6 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Surprised that this thing has so much discussion on it. My impression is that it's basically worthless in every tier, what is there to discuss about it?

Surprised that this thing has so much discussion on it. My impression is that it's basically worthless in every tier, what is there to discuss about it?
People found out that Water Bubble also doubles the power of the user's Water moves, as well.

I don't think a Pokémon whose Water-type moves hit for double damage any time it attacks is "worthless."

The synergy with Oranguru is incredible between trick room, instructed liquidations and telepathy surfs, I'm loving every single battle tree battle with these two.

Not trying to be rude but all you guys have to do is take 2 minutes to read the last few pages to figure that out. I think someone said "it doubles it's damage on water attacks" on every other page at this point in their hypothetical Araquanid sets.

252+ SpA Politoed Hydro Pump (120BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus in Rain: 214-253 (56 - 66.2%)
252+ SpA Politoed Surf (95BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus in Rain: 171-202 (44.7 - 52.8%)

+2 252+ SpA Araquanid Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 204-241 (53.4 - 63%)
+2 252+ Atk Araquanid Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 163-193 (42.6 - 50.5%)

252+ SpA Politoed Hydro Pump (120BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus in Rain: 214-253 (56 - 66.2%)
252+ SpA Politoed Surf (95BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus in Rain: 171-202 (44.7 - 52.8%)

+2 252+ SpA Araquanid Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 204-241 (53.4 - 63%)
+2 252+ Atk Araquanid Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 163-193 (42.6 - 50.5%)
What's this strange calc supposed to prove?

Prior to Gen VII, only Ice-type Pokémon could learn Frost Breath. In Gen VII, Toxapex, Araquanid, Golisopod, and Bruxish all learn it. Of these, Araquanid has the lowest SpAtk (it's 50, though Toxapex is close at 53).

The point is that a non-STAB, low SpAtk Frost Breath can activate your ally's Anger Point without doing much damage to them. It could even activate a Maranga Berry in the bargain. And Araquanid has a lot of space for gimmicky stuff like this since the only attack it really needs in doubles is Liquidation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)