Deftones

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not big on anything that could be categorised as nu-metal, but I heard this band transcends it. I heard a song though and found it very mediocre.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I could never get into Deftones, something about them is just so bland it bores me. My good friend loves them though... Oh well, no accounting for taste!

I really like some of their songs, like Mx and and Headup, but there's nothing special about them that makes me want to listen to them more.

I liked Adrenaline and Around the Fur, but they tried going artfag on White Pony and later and IMO it just ruined their sound.

i love deftones. yeah they have some crappy stuff, but most of its good. they're not "nu-metal" goddammit, fuck i hate retarded terms like that.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Their early aggressive stuff fucking ruled. I half love White Pony (Feitceira, Passenger, Digital Bath, Knife Party), and the other half is pretty unamazing. Everything after has gotten a little off for them, I'm not digging it as much.

I really enjoy Adrenaline, Around The Fur, and their latest album is pretty kick ass. I'm buying tickets to their show in July.

chino (lead singer) really fucked up his voice a few years ago while working on his "Team Sleep" project, i think thats why they're a little "off" now. but yeah their early stuff was a big part of my teenage years so i'll always love 'em. however they look like a bunch of fat greasy mexicans these days, hehe.

Love Deftones, i love the aggressive sounds of Around the Fur and the experimental side of White Pony, nothing wrong with a band that likes to broaden its music stylings. I really enjoyed "Saturday Night Wrist," much better than i expected, but i had to give it more tahn one listen for it to grow on me, I like it more than the last one too.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I did like My Own Summer, only just remembered that I used to listen to that song. Although I was like 13 so I am not sure if I would still like it, it's been a while

I think the thing with the Deftones is that their sound is so unique that you either get complete haters, fans of either aspect of their sound (be it melodic or heavy) or fans of both. Their music isn't really conventional, but I guess thats what I like about them.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Pass. They played Nashville a few weeks ago and had a line around the block to get in to the midsized venue. Not worth it, but at least some people are getting enjoyment out of their music.

I loved 'Passenger' from White Pony. Chino has a pretty good voice IMO, but it was really outstanding paired with Keenan from Tool.

I also listened to Team Sleep a bit, it was pretty good I thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)