Dark Skin/Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new on these parts, but has a Dark Skin or Theme been considered for the forums at least? Dark Background on White/Light Text is much better on the eyes.
If there is one already, how can I activate it?

Smogon doesn't have any forum themes as there's been very little demand for this sort of thing over the years. I suppose an admin could implement one if there was enough interest, but this is the first I've heard of demand for it and our admin's time spent is generally more focused on larger projects for the site.

I'm pretty sure you have things backwards. A pure white background with black text would be hardest on the eyes but our theme is a very pale blue which reduces strain. I find it much easier to read http://google.com results compared to http://blackle.com results. Also very dark pages like that screw with my backlight when I switch back over to a lighter page

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you have Google Chrome, there's an extension called Stylish and you can add this theme which is Dark Blue to Smogon. It's not the greatest, but if you're looking for a darker forum it fits your bill.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also, this article is a really interesting read if you're looking to get into some of the science of it all. The comments are a good read too (the author has a presence there), so if you are interested in this stuff, I highly recommend you read the article and its relevant comments.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I like having resolution to Suggestion Box threads, so excuse the bump.

User Eszett created a Smogon CoolBlue DARK theme for anyone to download. You can read more about it here. I dunno how this differs from Solace's suggestion, but it does seem more geared towards Smogon specifically. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)