Dark Horse Project v 2.0 (see Post #83)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations!

To me, it seems that you're hinting towards some rain abusers (kingdra, ludicolo etc.). While it is a cool idea, I'm uncertain whether the teams would vary much, as many successful rain teams already consist of low usage mons (tornadus, said abusers).

To me, half the fun is seeing how the horses can be supported(/supporting the team) in multiple ways.

I would suggest (despite it being more fitting in autumn) the various ghosts that fall underused, such as jellicent, froslass, hoopa and even mega banette.

OP has been updated! So, go on out there and try out the featured Dark Horse!

Also, as a note; the choice and commentary for Dark Horse no way reflect my views, or the views of Smogon. It is just good ol' fun! :-)

Doom-M : 3,12% (Featured DH)
Granbull : 0,38% (DH)
Shaymin : 4,58%
Tentacruel : 7,43%
Bronzong : 1,49% (DH technically)
Krook : 8,96%
Total : 25,96%/28%

Alt : L0poman

Attachments

Patrick1088 Just a sidenote, the usage stats should probably be updated as well, the link takes me to the stats of last December/January. I couldn't find gyarados in the stats, for instance.

Patrick1088 Just a sidenote, the usage stats should probably be updated as well, the link takes me to the stats of last December/January. I couldn't find gyarados in the stats, for instance.
Hmm, I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. The OP was giving me a little trouble when I updated it. Thanks for the heads up.

So, I forgot to post before the month changed but here we go. Note that even if this post is made in May, the replays are around two weeks old. I've been too busy between organizing half-a-week long scout event, doing group projects in university (practically consulting) and celebrating first of may (a huge event in Finland, especially for engineering students). Let's just say I've been able to edge only a handful of games this past two weeks.

Not much to say about the team, I built one (nothing special, no incredibly niche sets and so on) and here it is:
Houndoom-Mega 2,736 DH
Doublade 6,049
Qwilfish 0,301 DH
Gligar 5,132
Slurpuff 3,951
Machamp 5,740
Sum 23,909

Replays:
1300: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-358031012
1400: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-358860428

So yeah, was playtesting and the team felt alright, not good but not so interesting I would have found time to make it much better. I usually test a bit before registering, I hope this is alright.

Onto dark horses:

Houndoom-Mega: I had higher expectations of this. It fell short on power and its general frailty discouraged be from setting up. I tried many sets but was never quite satisfied. Maybe it's just that I was hoping for much more.

Qwilfish: Between intimidate, taunt, thunder wave and spikes this little fish was very good at walling a plethora of physical fire/fighting types. It also did its job in setting up spikes very well. Pretty straightforward mon but very good at what it does.

Attachments

Last edited:
FrozenMan is the winner for April! May has given us some pretty big changes overall; no more Zapdos, while Celebi, Conk and Sylveon dropped. I will be updating the DH for this month, as well. Please note that any new drops are not allowed since they don't have any usage for last month.

Edit: I updated the original OP with the new DH for the month. Wedding is next Saturday, and I will be in Mexico for my honeymoon, but will be checking on this every couple of days. I can't wait to see how this new meta evolves!

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Project being locked until SuMo revamp. Contact me if you wish to lead this project.

Reactions: Mq
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)