Gen 6 Creative / Underrated Ubers Sets: v4 (Gimmicks not welcome)

Does/Has anyone considered a CroCune version of Primal Kyogre. Admittedly, Primal Groudon has to be out of the match to begin with, and Zekrom does still OHKO it, but does anyone think it would be as useful in ubers as Crocune is in UU
It already exist and have more use than Primal Kyogre offensive...

I’m not certain if this classifies as “gimmicky” but it is fun and does have a definitive purpose.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Credit to edgar for using it in an uber live with joey at the beginning of oras. This is a fun mon that can do a lot of damage to balance once bronzong and other niche steels have been weakened or knocked out. The idea is obviously to come in on a mon that you scare out (arceus-dragon, yveltal, etc.) and set up as they switch, then try to break as much as possible. Ancient power kills ho-oh at +1 and can chip weakened opponents while potentially getting a game-breaking all-stat boost. Try it out, may surprise you :]

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I’m not certain if this classifies as “gimmicky” but it is fun and does have a definitive purpose.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Credit to edgar for using it in an uber live with joey at the beginning of oras. This is a fun mon that can do a lot of damage to balance once bronzong and other niche steels have been weakened or knocked out. The idea is obviously to come in on a mon that you scare out (arceus-dragon, yveltal, etc.) and set up as they switch, then try to break as much as possible. Ancient power kills ho-oh at +1 and can chip weakened opponents while potentially getting a game-breaking all-stat boost. Try it out, may surprise you :]
Diamond Storm is a better move for the last slot as it OHKOs Ho-oh anyway even with no investment, as well 2HKOing Blissey. Otherwise, CM Diancie is very underrated, it pretty much ends stall all by itself if you chip P Donner by about 30-40%.

Diamond Storm is a better move for the last slot as it OHKOs Ho-oh anyway even with no investment, as well 2HKOing Blissey. Otherwise, CM Diancie is very underrated, it pretty much ends stall all by itself if you chip P Donner by about 30-40%.
That's true, it's just fun to try to fish for boosts if you can afford to. But objectively DS is better.

~~ Magnet Rise Mega-Diancie ~~

Obviousilex (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 60 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Moonblast
- Magnet Rise

This set is unorthodox but surprises a lot. Magnet Rise Mega-Diancie has the capacity to shatter most Groudon-Primal Stealth Rock set.
You Protect vs PDonner then Magnet Rise in order to give a M-Diancie a Ground Immunity for 5 turns! Pdon cannot use anymore Precipice Blades on M-Diancie meaning it has to use a way weaker move such as Rock Slide or Lava Plume to weaken M-Diancie, while you can simply put a timer on Pdon with Toxic (+ Protect stall). No more early games Thunder Waves or Rocks problems after the turn 1 Protect. Toxic also annoys switch-ins such as support Arceus Forms, especially the Arceus-Ground one who get outspeed and can be Magnet Rise stall'd. Bar that, M-Diancie still acts as a Deoxys-S and Darkrai anti-lead as it always does.
Magnet Rise Mega-Diancie is walled by Steel types but it's not very problematic when you can use a P-Groudon to deal with them. Also Darkrai is a nice partner since it deals with Mold Breaker Excadrill leads. It's definitely a really cool set to build around.
Just a little replay to show how it works : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-439965755

Last edited:

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a set that MM2 and I were using in XY (MM2 came up with it) but is still pretty fun to use in ORAS at the moment:

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Nature: Quiet
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Gyro Ball
- Head Smash / Shadow Sneak

Specs Aegislash pumps a lot of common switch-ins really hard. You 2HKO bulky Primal Groudon with Shadow Ball, which is really awesome. Most of the stuff that regular passively do jack shit Aegishit you can still check, although you need to be more careful with switch-ins and health conserving without Leftovers and max SpD investment. You can still take on GeoXern and Gyro Ball it for 85%+, but you'll definitely need to be more careful about conserving its health.

You only have 2 special moves since Aegislash doesn't have any other options outside of Hidden Power (which is useless unless you want to use HP Ice for Mega Mence), so you may as well use Gyro Ball and one of Head Smash (for Ho-oh) or Shadow Sneak (for picking off shit like Deo-A)

657 Atk vs 266 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 211 - 250 (52.23% - 61.88%) - vs 248/200 Groudon
657 Atk vs 216 Def & 393 HP (80 Base Power): 262 - 309 (66.67% - 78.63%) - vs 248/0 Mega Salamence
657 Atk vs 236 Def & 404 HP (80 Base Power): 240 - 283 (59.41% - 70.05%) - vs 248/0 Dialga

Last edited:
Water Spout Primal Kyogre

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

In regards to sets from Primal Kyogre, this set is used frequently than you think and deserves to be posted. In the rain at full HP, Water Spout easily rips through bulky mons - OHKOs Lugia after rocks, 2HKOs Gira-O, 2HKOs Support Waterceus after rocks. Thunder is use for opposing Primal Kyogre, Waterceus plus 30% chance of spreading paralysis. Ice Beam OHKOs Salamence, Rayquaza, 2HKOs Gira-O, Latios, and hits PDon in the sunlight. Origin Pulse serves as a fall back STAB move to Water Spout after its HP is below 73%.

Timid nature is mandatory to make POgre fast as possible to potentially clean pokemon below max base 90 speed tier. This also allows Pogre to outspeed support arceus forms with 56EVs in speed, Adamant Rayquaza, Mega Salamence when it just mega-evolved. The Blobs (Blissey and Chansey) walls this set, so a Pokemon that can remove the Blobs is highly appreciated. Mons that can prevent rocks on the field to prevent Water Spout's power from being diminished also makes a great partner.

Last edited:

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Does/Has anyone considered a CroCune version of Primal Kyogre. Admittedly, Primal Groudon has to be out of the match to begin with, and Zekrom does still OHKO it, but does anyone think it would be as useful in ubers as Crocune is in UU
tread lightly there dude, the ubers mods will ban you for mentioning it.

Muk @

Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab
- Haze
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Muk not taken into account because one does not think. But it proves to be a powerful anti Xerneas. If you see a Ubers team is a sign that it is safe to stop it. With this set the Geomancy / Scarf fit enough damage versions whenever you try not Gunk Shot and Poison Jab. Fall two strokes. But there is always the problem of poor accuracy. Moreover, defensive sets are more complicated, but we have to win. It is a matter of more time. There is also possibility of poisoning. Haze is indispensable, it is practically hand. Overrides the characteristic movement Xerneas - Geomancy. If you sense, use it. Sleeptalk is to have stamina and can last. You need support.

Last edited:
Oxovo

You're right, and I have already explained. Yes, it's just to Xern and end, has no way out. Anyway, I think this issue is to put creative sets, and wanted me to put me one with a little Pokemon used / seen.

Greetings friend.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Muk @

Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab
- Haze
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Muk not taken into account because one does not think. But it proves to be a powerful anti Xerneas. If you see a Ubers team is a sign that it is safe to stop it. With this set the Geomancy / Scarf fit enough damage versions whenever you try not Gunk Shot and Poison Jab. Fall two strokes. But there is always the problem of poor accuracy. Moreover, defensive sets are more complicated, but we have to win. It is a matter of more time. There is also possibility of poisoning. Haze is indispensable, it is practically hand. Overrides the characteristic movement Xerneas - Geomancy. If you sense, use it. Sleeptalk is to have stamina and can last. You need support.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Protect

i started promoting this at the beginning of ubers open and i think it gained a decent amount of traction. imo by far and away one of the best gengar sets. often u will get two shots to hypno b/c you force a swap so the odds increase to about 84% of hitting at first instead of 60%. shadow tag + hex + sleeping = can win games by itself. if ur behind u can cheese a W pretty easily and it's just way more threatening than any other set. wisp doesn't really do much in comparison and i'd argue wisp is vastly inferior.

--

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

with ho-oh + klefki on the decline, this set becomes way more potent. ppl rly hinge on sleep talk a lot to check darkrai so you can abuse that by subbing on switches and forcing mindgames. pretty good at counterstyling dudes and being annoying

--

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Explosion

use on sticky web. checks mence which is one of the biggest threats b.c. its immune and fast. click boom to cock-defog-block and kill pretty much anything.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Substitute

Despite not too creative or anything new, I rarely see people using this, when they should. Regular bulky Ho-Oh spreads with the two spammable STABS in Brave Bird and Sacred Fire. Recover is that much more crucial on this set since this mon will be taking Brave Bird and/or Life Orb recoil, substitute damage and even possibly rocks damage, meaning it must use it to bolster it's unreliable longevity, aided by Regenerator. The spreads allow it to take a +2 Thunder from Xerneas. These also allow it to take Moonblasts from an unboosted Xerneas without having it's substitute broken.

What's so enticing and useful about this set is it's capability of capitalising on switches and thus breaking down it's checks upon switch-in. I cannot stress enough how underrated this set is in the current meta. The bird forces a switch almost every time it comes in, meaning it gets a free substitute and fires off Adamant 208 Atk Brave Birds/Sacred Fires, which severely hinders any form of check the opponent may possess. Substitute also means it can avoid status, which is a huge bonus, and since it is blessed with an enviable ability in Regenerator, it can switch out after dishing out hard hits and regain the Life Orb + Substitute health after coming back in. It does everything a regular Ho-Oh does but is also able to dodge the crippling status that annoys other builds as well as being able to fire hits into it's checks without dealing with the following retaliation.

Aforementioned Calcs:​
  • 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 75-89 (18 - 21.4%) -- possible 5HKO
  • +2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 350-414 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Double-Dance Facade Mega Salamence

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Iron Defense
- Facade
The premise of this set is a tad situational, I'll admit, but the situation itself isn't too uncommon. DD Refresh sets are primarily a check to Ho-Oh and Lava Plume Primal Groudon, coming in on Sacred Fires and Lava Plumes, respectively, and when burned, clicking Refresh and start to DD or Roost off the damage. However, when I used the set, it felt annoying to have to waste a turn clicking Refresh when I'd rather just start getting the ball rolling right away, especially when I knew that GeoXern was gonna come in knowing it's essentially getting a free turn. So with this Double Dance set, I actually want Sacred Fire and Lava Plume to burn me. That stupid deer (Xerneas) gets 2HKOd by Facade when I'm burned, making it no longer a safe switchin when it didn't care too much about the refresh set. Iron Defense then comes in to turn Mega Salamence into Ekiller's worst nightmare, especially when burned. Extreme Speed users do shit-all to this set after a boost. Iron Defense also takes advantage of Foul Play users such as Mega Sableye (especially Sableye as it loves to click Will-o-Wisp <3) and defensive Yveltal, as you actually begin to use both as set-up fodder. Foul Play from Yveltal also only does 39% maximum to my given spread, and less and less as you click Iron Defense.

I'm considering switching to a more offensive EV spread so Facade does more damage when un-boosted because you'll need multiple boosts for non-burned Facade to do anything damage-related (but tbf, DD Refresh with Return/Frustration needed multiple boosts anyway while you also had to click Refresh every now and then), but for now, I'm rolling with the presented spread. 216 speed is meant to naturally outpace positive base 100s like Mega Kangaskhan post-mega. Everything else goes to physical bulk to come in on the likes of Ekiller, Pdon, Ho-Oh and most of the other physical threats in the tier.

This set needs T-Wave and phasing users dead as well as a Defogger to remove Rocks, which isn't too outlandish to ask for as many teams have answers to those anyway.

Last edited:

Palkia @ Custap Berry
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Endure
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast

Palkia has a great range of movements, but they are always the same. It becomes very predictable and pivot before him. That's why I came up with this set, which with these small changes can make a difference. It has an incredible surprise factor, you can get out of an impossible situation thanks to the combo Endure + Custap Berry, either using its double stab or Fire Blast by cover and steels. Controlled situation. It is a little used pokémon that is being lost, but it can be taken advantage to him.​

HO Lugia!

Lugia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: No
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Aeroblast
- Ice Beam / Psyshock / Earth Power / Roost
- Trick

It's fast, hits hard, and actually quite bulky. Just make sure Stealth Rock is gone, as this thing will need to switch in and out a lot. Trick can get rid of pokemon you hate, just make sure they are physical attackers.

252 SpA Choice Specs Lugia Ice Beam vs. 132 HP / 0- SpD Yveltal: 260-306 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Lugia Aeroblast vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas on a critical hit: 291-343 (66.2 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Lugia Psycho Boost vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 229-270 (59.9 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Lugia Psycho Boost vs. 152 HP / 44 SpD Groudon: 277-327 (73 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Lugia Psycho Boost vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 177-208 (42.6 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Lugia Aeroblast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal on a critical hit: 190-225 (49.4 - 58.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)