Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Talk / Eruption
- Blue Flare
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Whether this is creative is debatable, but scarfed Heatran is definitely underrated in STABmons.
Fast normal-resists are very useful in general, but Heatran really shines in this role thanks to how easily spammable Blue Flare is (it easily 3HKOs resists like Quagsire and Keldeo) and because people expect to it to be running more defensive sets with King's Shield.

I like running Sleep Talk on this set because it makes dealing with Sableye much easier, but if your team isn't too bothered by Sableye, Eruption is an extremely powerful STAB attack that is definitely worth considering.

Hard walled by Slowking and Jellicent so teammates with Pursuit are useful.

Mega-Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 232 Atk / 44 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Mega Aerodactyl outspeeds and OHKOs so many big threats with its great STAB coverage (Diggersby, Both Charizards, Talonflame, Thundurus, Landorus, Keldeo, Azumarill, Terrakion, Togekiss, Kyurem-Black, Gengar, Gyarados, etc).

The combination of Taunt and Roost allow it to easily beat a lot of annoying defensive pokemon too (Gliscor, Landorus-T, Chansey, Skarmory, Hippowdon).

232 speed EVs allow it to outspeed Thundurus before Mega Evolving. 44 defense EVs allow it to always survive 2 Choice Banded Brave Birds from Talonflame and allow it to tank priority better in general.

Mega-Aerodactyl is a good offensive Diggersby check:
252+ Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Diggersby Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 44 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 110-130 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
232+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Diggersby: 360-424 (115.7 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Earthquake is a decent alternative to Taunt if your team has trouble with Heatran or other Steel types.
I know Scarftran is a thing in OU but I just realized that I've never seen it in STABmons until you used it. It's really neat. I can tell you from using it in OU that it's pretty good, and I'd imagine its even better in STABmons. That ESPeed resist is cute too. Also the Mega Aero set is really neat too.
for both

Anyways I'm here to post my set

Braviary (M) @ Silk Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Brave Bird
- Fake Out / Superpower
- Baton Pass / Superpower

This thing is a monster. Think of it of Bisharp and Diggersby having a babby - it's a normal spam mon that also works as a defiant mon. Braviary can differentiate itself from the other Normal-types like Diggersby because of Defiant - it can switch into Defog and get +2, and it can't be checked by intimidate because its a free +1. What makes Braviary stand out from its Defiant friends is Baton Pass - if something like Skarmory comes in you can Baton Pass your boosts to something like Mega Abosl / Diance / Sableye or whatever if they have Whirlwind or any other physical attacker than can get over it if its not. Or if they go into Heatran you can Baton Pass to something like Landorus. The thing is you can easily pass +1/+2 with Baton Pass thanks to Defiant. Fake Out + Espeed is standard combo for physical normal-types that aren't set-up sweepers. Brave Bird is the "power STAB" and its fantastic. You can run Superpower anywhere to smack Rock-types and shit like Heatran. This is more underrated than creative, although I think it's pretty creative.

I know Scarftran is a thing in OU but I just realized that I've never seen it in STABmons until you used it. It's really neat. I can tell you from using it in OU that it's pretty good, and I'd imagine its even better in STABmons. That ESPeed resist is cute too. Also the Mega Aero set is really neat too.
for both

Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Brave Bird
- Fake Out / Superpower

This thing is a monster. Think of it of Bisharp and Diggersby having a babby - it's a normal spam mon that also works as a defiant mon. Braviary can differentiate itself from the other Normal-types like Diggersby because of Defiant - it can switch into Defog and get +2, and it can't be checked by intimidate because its a free +1. What makes Braviary stand out from its Defiant friends is Baton Pass - if something like Skarmory comes in you can Baton Pass your boosts to something like Mega Abosl / Diance / Sableye or whatever if they have Whirlwind or any other physical attacker than can get over it if its not. Or if they go into Heatran you can Baton Pass to something like Landorus. The thing is you can easily pass +1/+2 with Baton Pass thanks to Defiant. Fake Out + Espeed is standard combo for physical normal-types that aren't set-up sweepers. Brave Bird is the "power STAB" and its fantastic. You can run Superpower anywhere to smack Rock-types and shit like Heatran. This is more underrated than creative, although I think it's pretty creative.
Confirming that Braviary is awesome. I've been using it for my revenge killer for months.

for both

Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Brave Bird
- Fake Out / Superpower

You can also run roost to beat things like Ferrothorn, which is handy.

for both

Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Brave Bird
- Fake Out / Superpower

I like it not for the Baton Passing, but because of the pure attacking power it can get. It makes setting up hazards when your opponent has a defogger easy, since they don't want a +2 E-Speed Silk Scarf Braviary sweeping their team. :afrostar: to you my friend.

I have a set people might enjoy:

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Sp. Def
Jolly Nature
-Extreme Speed
-Swords Dance
-Knock Off
-Recover

Regigigas has the unfortunate fate of being completely unused in any tier higher than its own. The combination of its ability and the lack of any form of recovery apart from items makes it very hard for this pokemon to to live for 5 turns and have the HP to do any decent damage to the opponent. In STABmons, however, it gets access to recovery and stall moves like Recover, allowing it to tough it out for those 5 turns. After those 5 turns is when Regigigas turns from a staller to a sweeper. Just take a look at these calcs:
+2 252 Atk Regigigas Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 189-223 (53.3 - 62.9%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 218-257 (61.5 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
+2 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 201-237 (56.7 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

+2 Jolly Regigigas is 10% off the damage from a +2 Life Orb Adamant Arceus, and 4% off the damage from a +2 Silk Scarf Adamant Arceus. If that isn't power, I don't know what is.

I think it's a must for Regigigas to have Substitute to beat Sableye. I'd replace Recover for that. Now that I think about it, Regigigas could be a great Wish passer too.

Wait, how exactly would transform work on Regigigas?

Sometimes, my brilliance amazes myself. :toast:

I should try either Wishpassing Entertainment Regigigas or Transform Regigigas.

I'll post sets once I've actually used it enough.

I should try either Wishpassing Entertainment Regigigas or Transform Regigigas.
I've used Transform Gigas on my OML team (not that it, or my team for that matter, was any good) and have seen like one or two entrain Gigas during that time as well.

I think it's a must for Regigigas to have Substitute to beat Sableye. I'd replace Recover for that. Now that I think about it, Regigigas could be a great Wish passer too.

Wait, how exactly would transform work on Regigigas?
Ok, so Substitute is a better option, since I forgot all about Sableye, but Transform is pointless. Turning an offensive monster into a Sableye isn't really the set I want.

EV

Banned deucer.

Landorus @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake / Precipice Blades*
- Brave Bird / Dragon Ascent*
- U-turn / Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Rock Polish / U-turn
*unreleased

We know how scary Sheer Force Landorus is. Pretty scary. But that's almost always what the opponent thinks when they see this Pokemon. However, a physical Sand Force set can unleash its own hell thanks to the 120 base power of its (soon to be) STAB Ground attack, Precipice Blades. Until then, Earthquake will have to suffice, which still clocks in at a comfortable 100 BP. Unfortunately, its secondary STAB isn't boosted by Sand Force, but Brave Bird (or Dragon Ascent) is too powerful to pass up and the combination of STAB Ground/Flying is superb, granting it coverage only resisted by Skarmory, Thundurus, and Aerodactyl among the top-tier threatlist.

The damage output of Sand Force Precipice Blades over Sheer Force Earth Power is considerably more, as evident below:
252 Atk Life Orb Sand Force Landorus Precipice Blades* vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew in Sand: 231-274 (57.1 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
*120 BP Earthquake

Notice how I don't have Thousand Arrows listed. This is because 1) the damage output is less, 2) I'm assuming it will be banned. Otherwise, TA would allow Landorus to bypass the checks that rely on an immunity to Ground, like Skarmory and fellow Landorus-T.

An important drawback to mention when using physical Landorus is its susceptibility to burns, King's Shield, Rocky Helmet, and other related residual damage, all of which are common in such a physical-centric metagame. Plus, the choice of Brave Bird or Dragon Ascent leaves you with either self-induced recoil damage (potentially stacked with LO recoil) or -1/-1 defenses. Both are unappealing in a metagame filled with priority revengers like Diggersby around every corner. Sadly, the alternative is a much weaker Drill Peck.

Still, even with these drawbacks, Sand Force can be successful, especially once Precipice Blades is released. The surprise factor alone is a huge benefit. Keeping your sand support alive is something you need to consider with this set, however, since Landorus will not like freeing up a slot to run Sandstorm itself.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sunny Day
- Power Whip

Strategy: Sunny Day boosts your speed because of Chlorophyll, then use Gunk Shot on everyone except Steel types and switch out if your having a hard time with the Steel types!

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Head Smash
- Double-Edge
- Brave Bird
- Oblivion Wing

Strategy: Just use Rock Head effectively depending on the type you are facing, if you are low on HP use Oblivion Wing!

Diggersby @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Mean Look

Strategy: Use Belly Drum first time, then Extreme Speed unless you are fighting a Ghost type than you would use Earthquake, and only use mean look on Pokemon with the ability Intimidate so they can't switch in and out all the time to lower your attack!

Hope you liked them, please PM me if you tried them out I would love to know how it works for you!

I don't know how common this set is, if it's seen at all, but I just feel like mentioning this hazard setter I've been running:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

It may not be the most original of sets, but it definitely does its job well. Set up the amount of hazards you need depending on the other team, pressure things with eq, shuffle the things you don't like with dragon tail, and punish the mons who try to use fake out with your 27% recoil. The thing has a useful immunity to volt switch as well as extremely underrated bulk. It's generally a good way to take out sashed sweepers, especially those who spam priority move in bad situations.

:afrostar: to
1) Anttyaz 's Azumarill
2) w0rd 's Aerodactyl
3) The Reptile 's Braviary

EV

Banned deucer.
I don't know how common this set is, if it's seen at all, but I just feel like mentioning this hazard setter I've been running:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

It may not be the most original of sets, but it definitely does its job well. Set up the amount of hazards you need depending on the other team, pressure things with eq, shuffle the things you don't like with dragon tail, and punish the mons who try to use fake out with your 27% recoil. The thing has a useful immunity to volt switch as well as extremely underrated bulk. It's generally a good way to take out sashed sweepers, especially those who spam priority move in bad situations.

:afrostar: to
1) Anttyaz 's Azumarill
2) w0rd 's Aerodactyl
3) The Reptile 's Braviary
I've seen this bad boy in action. :afrostar:

Elemental Puncher Diggersby

Diggersby @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch / Earthquake

I intially suggested this set as a joke, but it does actually have some merit to it. And was somewhat successful when aesf tested it out on the ladder. The idea is to bait in any usual Diggersby switch-ins such as Gliscor, Scizor-Mega, Landorus-T, Gourgeist, Gyarados, and Aegislash and knock them out with a super effective attack. Until your opponent has seen the full set, the threat of ExtremeSpeed deters a lot of pokemon from coming in even though you don't actually have it.

While this set is outclassed by regular Diggersby sets in most situations, it can do a nice job of opening the way for a pokemon with similar checks and counters (such as Mega Lopunny or Stoutland) to sweep

Diggersby @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

I intially suggested this set as a joke, but it does actually have some merit to it. And was somewhat successful when aesf tested it out on the ladder. The idea is to bait in any usual Diggersby switch-ins such as Gliscor, Scizor-Mega, Landorus-T, Gourgeist, Gyarados, and Aegislash and knock them out with a super effective attack. Until your opponent has seen the full set, the threat of ExtremeSpeed deters a lot of pokemon from coming in even though you don't actually have it.

While this set is outclassed by regular Diggersby sets in most situations, it can do a nice job of opening the way for a pokemon with similar checks and counters (such as Mega Lopunny or Stoutland) to sweep
EQ is generally better than thunder punch from what I've used of it, but it's just a good feeling when you force a heatran out by bluffing it. I find it works very well with sticky web. Still, :afrostar:, because it works so well and is so funny.

Kingslayer2779 :]]]

Last edited:

The Almighty Cheek Pouches Diggersby

Diggersby @ Lum Berry/Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouches
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Def+ Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Sand Tomb
- Recycle

Works as a lure trap for most walls. Not particularly effective against Skarmory alone. Sitrus Berry is preferred, but Lum Berry works against Sableye.

This is entirely theorymon now, but I'm sure this is as far as Creative and Underrated a set can go.

Last edited:

Freeze-Dry Cloyster
AM REAL ENOUGH (Cloyster) @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Naughty Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Freeze-Dry
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear

Let's make a list of some checks/counters for the standard cloyster:

Azumarill, Mega Slowbro, Rotom-Wash, Quagsire, Jellicent......

EV

Banned deucer.

Freeze-Dry Cloyster
AM REAL ENOUGH (Cloyster) @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Naughty Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Freeze-Dry
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear

Let's make a list of some checks/counters for the standard cloyster:

Azumarill, Mega Slowbro, Rotom-Wash, Quagsire, Jellicent......
Now if only there were a way to take out Defensive Aegislash, Thick Fat Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, etc, too. Nah, just kidding. That's some solid innovation right there! (And I did happen to walk into a battle right after Freeze Dry was revealed. The opponent wasn't happy.) :afrostar:

Diggersby @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

EQ is generally better than thunder punch from what I've used of it, but it's just a good feeling when you force a heatran out by bluffing it. I find it works very well with sticky web. Still, :afrostar:, because it works so well and is so funny.

Kingslayer2779 :]]]
I testify to this sets rage inducing qualities. There is nothing that is more frustrating then trying to find a check to this thing.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Trait: Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Meloetta is usually considered to be a wall, and its offensive role is usually relegated to late game Shell Smash cleaner. However, Meloetta has one of the strongest Boombursts in the meta (even SpDef Melo does minimum 70% with it to a lot of offensive mons). With Specs and a bit of prediction almost nothing wants to switch into it, and its unexpected and can get a surprise KO when it reveals Specs.

Here's a wall of calcs for everything in the S, A, and B ranks that's a special wall, resists its dual STABs, or would otherwise want to switch into it:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 304-358 (78.9 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 484-572 (120 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Psystrike vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 354-417 (55.1 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 168-198 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 248-292 (74.2 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 202-238 (62.3 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 226-267 (55.9 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 326-384 (92.6 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jirachi: 282-334 (82.6 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 466-550 (143.8 - 169.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 288-339 (103.9 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 606-714 (167.8 - 197.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 447-526 (113.4 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 228-268 (58 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 187-222 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I skipped some things like Venusaur-Mega that are weak to Psychic or something along that, even if they otherwise fit that criteria. I might have otherwise missed some things, but I think you get an idea of this thing's power.

Last edited:

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Trait: Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Meloetta is usually considered to be a wall, and its offensive role is usually relegated to late game Shell Smash cleaner. However, Meloetta has one of the strongest Boombursts in the meta (even SpDef Melo does minimum 70% with it to a lot of offensive mons). With Specs and a bit of prediction almost nothing wants to switch into it, and it's unexpected and get a surprise KO when it reveals Specs.

Here's a wall of calcs for everything in the S, A, and B ranks that's a special wall, resists its dual STABs, or would otherwise want to switch into it:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 304-358 (78.9 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 484-572 (120 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Psystrike vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 354-417 (55.1 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 168-198 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 248-292 (74.2 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 202-238 (62.3 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 226-267 (55.9 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 326-384 (92.6 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jirachi: 282-334 (82.6 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 466-550 (143.8 - 169.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 288-339 (103.9 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 606-714 (167.8 - 197.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 447-526 (113.4 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 228-268 (58 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 187-222 (61.5 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I skipped some things like Venusaur-Mega that are weak to Psychic or something along that, even if they otherwise fit that criteria. I might have otherwise missed some things, but I think you get an idea of this thing's power.
:afrostar:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)