Creative sets in the BH metagame. BAD GIMMICKS ARE NOT PERMITTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
So does anyone remember Prankster Zekrom with Soak?

Ability: Storm Drain (or Dry Skin)
Item: Leftovers/Lum/Life Orb
Nature: Timid
- Soak
- Substitute
- Thunder/bolt
- Ice Beam

Soak the foe, Sub and if they attack you get the Storm Drain boost or HP recovered with Dry Skin, and if they switch you still get a free sub. Keep Soaking things and hit them with SE STAB Thunder/bolts. Taunt can go somewhere to stop phazers. Ice Beam is nice versus Giratina and Lugia, who often will carry a move to force you out.

Ability: Storm Drain (or Dry Skin)
Item: see above or Meadow Plate/Icicle Plate
Nature: Timid
- Soak
- Substitute
- Giga Drain/Judgment
- Hurricane/Earth Power/filler

Same idea as Thundurus, but it's faster and stronger. Giga Drain is kinda weak, so Judgment works but you don't get HP recovery (duh.) Judgment can also work with Icicle Plate to stop Imposter crap, and since Soak is Water-type, BlissChan can't Soak you and you can hit them with Ice-type Judgment.

Dry Skin is an option because you can use it for obvi HP recovery during the Rain and to abuse Thunder and Hurricane, respectively.

Use Contrary Mega Mewtwo X. I just got destroyed by one, as even unaware users fall to its STABs or its insane attack in tandem with strong weather boosted attacks. Just be sure to run a shedinja or something so imposters do not revenge you and sweep your team.

Last edited:
We've all seen offensive arceuss before, but what about something that can stall? I'm introducing magic guard arceus. Have a toxic/flame orb and psycho shift with recover for instant health. Cosmic power helps with the stalling. The last move can be any move you like, I prefer judgment for stab and it isn't affected by burn.

This set is good in this meta due to all the spore users. Status orb blocks spores, and can cripple the opponent with psycho shift. Cresselia is also a good poke to take advantage of this set, but I like that arceus is weak to only fighting and burns cripple most fighting types. Giratina or lugia make great defensive synergy, and lots of entry hazards + whirlwind/dragon tale are good on other team mates as i feel arceus could be set up on. or even a prankster encore team mate would fit well.

Let me know what you think. If you think a different pokemon could fit this role better let me know :).

I've been thinking about how to counter Imposter Chansey, and I think I've found the best possible set.

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Tail Glow/Quiver Dance
- Aura Sphere
- Magic Coat/Recover

With this set, Aegislash forces Chansey to trap itself, makes it absolutely helpless without a Plate and allows it to get to +6 without even trying. Judgement and Aura Sphere provide perfect coverage, and although Quiver Dance is better against Chansey, Tail Glow can be more useful in other matchups. Magic Coat and Recover are both good support moves. It's important to note that Recover and Quiver Dance should not be used together, or or Chansey will PP stall you to hell and back.

Also here's a cool calc:
+6 252+ SpA Spooky Plate Aegislash Judgment (Ghost) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 606-714 (120.47 - 141.94%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Aren't ghosts immune to trap?

So if Chansey transforms, she escapes from Magnet Pull.

Anyway, even if it works, Acunpressure over Tail Glow and Baton Pass over Magic Coat would be an option.

Aren't ghosts immune to trap?

So if Chansey transforms, she escapes from Magnet Pull.

Anyway, even if it works, Acunpressure over Tail Glow and Baton Pass over Magic Coat would be an option.
Ah, you're right. I thought ghost-types could only escape Shadow Tag and Arena Trap. Alright, let's try a different set.

Dialga@ Fist Plate
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance
- Shadow Ball
- Magic Coat

Same principle, same coverage. I'm not running Acupressure because there's a chance that Chansey/Blissey can hax me with evasion and I'd rather not risk it now that it can actually sorta damage me. Also I'm not running BP because there isn't much that can abuse this better than Dialga.

+6 252+ SpA Fist Plate Dialga Judgment (Fighting) vs. +6 252 HP / 252 SpD Imposter Chansey: 252-298 (35.29 - 41.73%) -- 86.33% chance to 3HKO
+6 252+ SpA Dialga Judgment vs. +6 252 HP / 252 SpD Dialga: 53-62 (7.42 - 8.68%) -- 9HKO at best

Please do not discuss about gen 6 sets, this is a gen 5 thread and I will probably make a new creative sets thread for gen 6 once we have a ladder and the metagame stabilizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)