Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psyshock
- Explosion
- Imprison
- Protect

Azelf HO Squad is 6 for 6 soooo time to spread the innovation
Never really got to use imprison but I guess it could be good, taunt / coverage also works
ANYWAYS Azelf is cute as fuck and also I guess you really have to just compare it to latios because the two are very similar so there's a simple pro/con list

pros of Azelf>Latios: less weaks, explosion momentum and switches (which is sexy as fuck and the reason I used it) , faster (no speed ties with diancie/gengar), interesting movepool

cons: less resists, no draco nuke (but dragon coverage is ass/10 anyways y/n), frailer to an extent, a little less damage

edit: I've found imprison to be of little use, skill swap is a better option imo

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Meow (Liepard) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play/Fake Out
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

It's pretty obvious what this thing does, it swaggers stuff, t waves things it doesn't want to swagger, and encores opponents into protect/fake out/other stuff. Fake out is also cool but I didn't need it on this particular set.

Stratosphere (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Here's a cool hydreigon set where we opt to drop any dragon STAB in place of tailwind, because on a team that is set up around the tailwind archetype we need as many setters as possible. Dragon coverage just isn't good at all and getting your STAB boost is just a waste of time. Use this in tournaments to catch your opponents off guard.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Protect

So I was seeking a Pokemon with a fighting move to take out kang, that can check Lando-T and resist ice; also with a mega slot available I preferred mega but only seemed like Keldeo fit that criteria and it was a bit too frail for my sand team considering sand + life orb damage. Singlethunder was the one that suggested Blastoise. Turns out it works great, does what I need it to do and has good bulk. I went with ice beam rather than a water move because I have Storm Drain Cradilly on my team, who like to stay out once stockpiled. This Blastoise is not the main attacker but more support to take out threats my main attacker can not and support with fake out. I have 2 ground types and Follow Me Magmar so Blastoise's weaknesses are covered.
I maxed the SpA for max damage but will probably reduce it since 236 is all need to OHKO kang. Rest will be bulk to switch in on threats. I dont think I need speed

Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Protect

So I was seeking a Pokemon with a fighting move to take out kang, that can check Lando-T and resist ice; also with a mega slot available I preferred mega but only seemed like Keldeo fit that criteria and it was a bit too frail for my sand team considering sand + life orb damage. Singlethunder was the one that suggested Blastoise. Turns out it works great, does what I need it to do and has good bulk. I went with ice beam rather than a water move because I have Storm Drain Cradilly on my team, who like to stay out once stockpiled. This Blastoise is not the main attacker but more support to take out threats my main attacker can not and support with fake out. I have 2 ground types and Follow Me Magmar so Blastoise's weaknesses are covered.
I maxed the SpA for max damage but will probably reduce it since 236 is all need to OHKO kang. Rest will be bulk to switch in on threats. I dont think I need speed
Blastoise is good. That set is ass tho.

EVs: 192 HP / 180 SpA / 136 SpD
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

^better set.
I think the spatk guarantees a ko on kang or something, the spdef makes hydreigon dark pulse a guaranteed 3hko. The evs have to be better because they look complicated. You can switch around the moves with follow me, fake out, hydro, or ice beam or whatever.

edit: Arcticblast input would be cool, i know he has a good blastoise squad

edit 2: always use water pulse>hydro pump because confuse hax is 4 gud players

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
o//

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

knock off Azu is good
Aegislash sometimes creeps diancie for tailwind
run lots of speed on azu to outspeed aegis
it's good because fuck aegis but also because if you haven't set up bd yet and they're in blade form they don't want to protect and give you a free bd so they just attack BUT NOPE BITCH I HAVE LOTS OF SPEED AND KNOCK OFF
Loses out on bulk obviously

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Fuck Kyurem and Ferrothorn, two of thundurus' (esp offensive thundurus) biggest problems. Still hits Rhyperior. OHKOs Heatran and Kangaskhan faster. While you can originally hit these things hitting them for 2x as much is crucial a lot of the time. Other threats include Bisharp and Terrakion and Hydreigon. Misses suck tho and Thundurus is often hard-pressed for slots (taunt fc hp ice) so yeah :/

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snarl
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This guy is cool. I decided that I only needed enough speed to outrun the 115s so I can add bulk. More bulk to Snarl through substitute Heatran, Kyurem, Aegislash, and Metagross. Obviously be aware of fighting moves on Metagross. Life Orb Snarl is a 2HKO; which is better than breaking sub then hitting again with dark plus. Will also 2hko Aegislash. Possible 4hko on the Heatran and Kyurem; but the will be so weakened after 2 snarls that they will likely switch out. 2HKO Amoongus and bulky Thundorus with Ice Beam. Dark Pulse does big damage when snarl is not practical and has a 1 in 5 chance to flinch. Watch out for fighting types, Togekiss is a great friend to Darkrai; Amoongus, Venu, and Breloom as well to take advatage of Bad Dreams. Dont try to snarl a Sylveon either.

This thread is always so dead aside from random n1n1 hippowdon/cradily/darkrai shit so here's something I've had lots of fun with lately

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

I love Taunt+Shadow Tag, it's literally the most fun thing I have ever had the pleasure to use. It's like the ultimate stop to Cresselia, Amoonguss, bad ladder strats, and n1n1 stuff and since I ran hella speed on this (I actually creeped a TON) I can Taunt Subtran and like switch in a Keldeo or something fun to just win. It also has Thunder Wave to be gay towards Latios and stuff. The EVs are just max HP a bunch of speed for Subtran and the rest in sdef, maximizing the sdef stat with what's left with the calm nature.
It also laughs at all the Leech Seed stally Ferro sets that think they can fuck with Gothitelle so yeah go use it :D

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 200 SpA / 52 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Here is a +SpA Hoopa I made to out run a no speed Rotom W and OHKO it; this also OHKOs Amoongus. With out the Attack boosting nature you still OHKO Aegislash and Jirachi. Benefits of being able to out run that Rotom W and OHKO is to avoid Will-o-Wisp. And the benefit of Special Hoopa over Physical is that when you use Hyperspace Furry your Defense drops by one, so basically any physical attack can OHKO after the drop. This Hoopa can take the Special Attack but it would rather not since its also taking lifee orb damage. Follow Me Togekiss makes a great partner, use Dazzling Gleam to take out Hydreigons. Togekiss will redirect physical attacks and threatening special attacks from guys like Keldeo. Energy Ball also does substantially more damage vs politoed and sucuine. So this is a pretty good Hoopa if you need grass coverage on your team particularly for Rotom Wash.

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor

/o/ (Bisharp) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Trick Room Choice Band Bisharp has been good af. In general, Bisharp on Trick Room is really cool because you get a solid Aegislash counter (this is huge, trick room struggles having pokemon that feel comfortable switching in on Aegislash AND can threaten it) and priority all in one. Knock Off / Iron Head coverage is generally amazing and it's incredibly difficult to switch into Knock Off, and once you get started the opponent can't recover cuz bop you can't switchin Landorus-Therian. Just like when Diancie-HO gets started with Diancie+Sharp momentum wrecking face, once Bisharp gets started under trick room it'll just practically OHKO all the switchins in many scenarios.

Priority is cool and the extra 252 hp evs let you live Diancie epower.

The problem with the set is that Trick Room pokemon generally want to be able to function outside of room but if something (read fighting types, fire types) is messing you up bisharp can't really help you. Since Bisharp has little/no mention-able resists and lots of weaks, this hinders its ability to function as a threat outside of Trick Room

Anyways it's a set I've been having fun with lately and thought I'd share.

Also have a replay

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-294424172

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.

Terrakion @ Safety Googles
Ability: Justified
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Taunt / Quick Guard
- Protect

Safety Googles Terrakion is p good. It allows Terrakion to completely ignore Amoonguss, who usually walls Terrakion. While Amoonguss Rage Powders, Terrakion can KO Kangaskhan or Taunt an Azumarill trying to Belly Drum. The Given EVs guarantee Terrakion lives a spread EQ from 252 Adamant Lando-T, and that Terrakion can OKHO 4 HP Kangaskhan at +0. The added bulk has came in clutch in many situations. I use Stone Edge over Rock Slide for the greater power and to bypass Wide Guard, but you can use Rock Slide if you prefer the chance to flinch. Taunt shuts down CM Cresselia, Amoonguss, Trick Room setters, and many others. Quick Guard is usable, but in most situations Terrakion will want to attack the priority user anyways (e.g. Kangaskhan, Bisharp, etc.) so I dislike running it on Terrakion. The main benefit of using Safety Googles Terrakion over Virizion is for the surprise factor and for the more reliable Rock coverage. Terrakion's biggest check is Landorus, so a bulky Water-type partner suits him well (such as Rotom-Wash or Suicune). Terrakion also fears Rain, so Charizard Y makes a good partner as well.

I'm actually not much of an EV guru so if someone finds a spread that hits the two above benchmarks but more efficiently, just let me know.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Protect

This Gyarados has been my favorite pokemon for the last two weeks or so. Its useful in so many ways and so splashable. I have not seen anyone else use dragon dance and tuant; because people may think that having only 1 attack with dragon dance is not worth it. This Gyarados lets you Taunt trick room setters and Amoongus, Jirachi; while deaing massive damage. I have been using Raichu with this Gyarados for lightning rod support and fake out to set up Dragon Dance. Many dragon dancers do not like to come out once set up but gyarados doesnt mind coming out since he isnt weak to everything like Ttar and can come back in for intimidate.

The speed is at 144 to out run 110s after one dragon dance and OHKO Diancie. The rest is bulk to survive rock slides, and stone edges which is his biggest threat if you can redirect electric moves. A -1 landoT only has 1.2% chance to 2hko with stone edge (if both hit). And has 95% chance to 4hko with rock slide. The biggest threat is actually fusion bolt from kyurem black since lightning rod can not redirect

Last edited:

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind / Taunt
- Protect

Okay, so 8/10 times there is no reason to use Tornadus-Therian over Talonflame, but there are a few.

• Not killed by every rock slide and physical attack ever. Therefore, it can surprise kill MKanga and Lando-T.
  • Can beat Tyranitar
  • Does not straight up lose to Quick Guard so it actually beats Keldeo
  • Really diverse offensive move pool for doubles, it gets Sludge Wave, Knock Off, Heat Wave, and Dark Pulse too
  • Regenerator gives it legitimate longevity
Again Talonflame is usually better and will perform more consistently, but if you're looking for some extra speed control and being less weak to Lando-T consider Torn-T.

PS: I only used this cause I wanted 3 Therians on one team. I'm sure my current spread is sub optimal.

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
o//

Venusaur @ Life Orb / Focus Sash / Wide Lens
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball / Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Timid Venu...

Been trying this thing out lately, have always wondered why I didn't run timid venu for out-of-sun functionality, the key thing this does is outspeed kyube outside of sun, which is pretty clutch because I don't want that thing getting free subs and it'll just sub before my miss powder OR it'll just ice beam my butt which isn't fun either. Obviously it outspeeds other things in the area ie breloom, Charizard, ties with Hoopa, etc. Just something I'd like to get some thoughts on n_n

kyub still outspeeds if you run an ass ton of speed. also, it's not all that useful outspeeding zard when sun isnt up for obvious reasons

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Encore/Helping Hand/Perish Song
- Protect

takes the two best aspects from politoed sets: ability to hit hard from specs and ability to use protect from the normal support sets. able to stay in the game longer than normal specstoed does, allowing your rain sweeper(s) to have another round in the rain if necessary. even without a boosting item of any sort, it does very respectable damage to most neutral hits w/ hydro.

252+ SpA Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield in Rain: 160-190 (49.3 - 58.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gengar in Rain: 241-285 (92.3 - 109.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 228 HP / 28 SpD Kyurem-B in Rain: 122-144 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- 47% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery - easily breaks the most bulky of kyurem-b subs, one of the major downfalls of the standard support set.

has worked surprisingly well for me, so if you're one of the people who think poli is always shit, give this set a try ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)