[Completed] Scolipede

Jabroni: It isn't really the bulkiest of things with points out of speed and into defenses, and it needs to outspeed normal Gengar with no boosts.
AJC: Done.

hey run poison jab over rock slide, it mauls fairy types which are a pain and hits flyers hard too, stone edge would be good but rock slide is weak.

Earthquake hits most fairies hard-enough anyways, and the one it doesn't hit hard (Togekiss) takes a chunk from Rock Slide anyway.

Iron Defense deserves to be mentioned, at least in other options or additional comments. It lets you set up in the face of physical attackers, and it allows whatever sweeper you pass your boosts to tank priority hits better, which they will need to do because of how common physical priority is right now. Iron Defense Scolipede also works well on full Baton Pass teams because it can function as a combination of Ninjask and Vaporeon, allowing you to open up another team slot.

Last edited:
I have an absolute hatred of pure Baton Pass teams, but putting that aside, it's not worth it on Scolipede. Simply put, even on a full Baton Pass team, he has no room. Swords Dance, Baton Pass, and Protect are requirements for him on full Baton Pass, and the fourth slot is usually reserved for Megahorn so he can do something in case of Taunt.

I have an absolute hatred of pure Baton Pass teams, but putting that aside, it's not worth it on Scolipede. Simply put, even on a full Baton Pass team, he has no room. Swords Dance, Baton Pass, and Protect are requirements for him on full Baton Pass, and the fourth slot is usually reserved for Megahorn so he can do something in case of Taunt.
Not really. Iron Defense / Substitute / Protect / Baton Pass with Speed Boost. Effectively a better Ninjask because of its bulk. Full Baton Pass teams just rely on Baton Passing to Espeon in case of Taunt; they do not run Swords Dance since none of the Pokemon on it even run physical moves. The whole goal is to pass to Espeon to make it invincible while it annihilates with Stored Power. Despite it being a strategy I DESPISE with a passion, it's good enough for a set on Scolipede.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
really intrigued by the sash spike/passer set. But whats the point in the speed evs? Wouldn't it be outspeeding most by the second turn anyway?
Understandably that would make sense on paper. However, a common mistake to make is to lower Speed on something that has access to a Speed-boosting ability or move, which is disadvantageous if the Pokemon doesn't actually have the Speed boost at any given time. Scolipede in this case would enjoy the ability to outrun/Speed tie with threats such as Mega Lucario and Hydreigon, then take them out before they can do the same to it. (In the future, this also applies to Latias, Latios, Terrakion, and Froslass.)

Hey so I'm not sure how this was overlooked, but there needs to be a dedicated defensive Baton Pass support set. I discussed this with other QC members and they wholeheartedly agreed. Please add this set in:

<p>name: Dedicated Baton Pass<br />
move 1: Swords Dance / Iron Defense<br />
move 2: Protect<br />
move 3: Substitute<br />
move 4: Baton Pass<br />
ability: Speed Boost<br />
item: Black Sludge<br />
evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe<br />
nature: Impish</p>

Scolipede is a phenomenal Baton Pass user, so this set takes complete advantage of its Speed Boost ability and Swords Dance/Iron Defense, depending on which boost you need. It's primarily used on Baton Pass chains as it basically outclasses Ninjask completely, but it can also be used on its own if you just want it to reliably pass boosts to your teammates. The EV spread is pretty basic, maximizing Scolipede's defensive capabilities due to its awesome physically defensive typing. The 16 Speed EVs allow Scolipede to outpace base 130s after one Speed Boost, such as Taunt Aerodactyl and Mega Gengar, and +1 positive base 115s after two.

Make sure to mention good teammates on Baton Pass chains and good recipients. Also mention that Sableye stops you cold with Prankster Taunt (a huge hindrance to BP chains in general), so mention teammates that can stop it.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to run Baton Pass, SwordsDance, Toxic Spikes and Megahorn/EQ

I would like to squeeze protect in there but is it necessary? If I invest in the bulk to survive long enough, with help from Sludge recovery, to set up two layers of spikes, an SD and baton pass three speed boosts and a swords dance to another, is that worthy of a baton pass, I think it should do well, I'll have to test it

That baton pass is new ._.
I have a quick feet scollipede waiting to be transfered to see if it becomes speed boost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)