Changes from last team

Okay so I made some changes to my last team and I came up with some new pokemon in my team. Personally I think this team can work in competitive battles, my only concern is the lack of typing. Many of my pokemon are single typed or share a same typing with another one of my pokemon. But take a look and please give me improvements, suggestions, changes, and maybe even threats for this team.

Lead
Skarmory(M)@Leftovers
Ability:Sturdy
EVs:252Hp/16Atk/240Def
Nature:Impish
-Spikes
-Steel wing
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
Role: Skarmory is my lead for this team. His main role is to spike,stealth rock and to take physical hits for this team. Steel wing incase it gets taunted(I dont like brave bird because of the recoil and besides Steel wing is awesome:)) Skarmory also protects my pokemon from ground and poison moves.

Special Sweeper/Wallbreak
Houndoom(M)@Wise Glasses
Ability:Flash Fire
EVs:36Hp/220SpAtk/252Spd
Nature:Timid
-Overheat
-Dark Pulse
-Solarbeam
-Super Fang
Role: Even though Houndoom might not have the raw power to sweep with those stats, I still find him to be a useful special sweeper. So that is why I have Superfang on this set. Superfang can be used to cut the opponents Hp in half and then finish off with either overheat or Dark pulse. Its even better when you can predict a switch and use Superfang. And plus theres stealth rock and spikes support anyway which gives Houndoom an easier time to sweep. Now you might be wondering why the hell am I trying to use a solarbeam without sunny day, but I do have my reasons. Solarbeam will only be used when I predict a switching ground/water/rock pokemon which most resist overheat and all their stabs are super effective to Houndoom. And those types are naturally slower than my Houndoom anyway(Except for maybe Starmie) so he will get a chance to attack again after his recharge. Houndoom also saves my pokemon from fire attacks and psychic attacks.(Most notably my Breloom)

Bulky Tank
Gyarados(M)@Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
EVs:152HP/84Atk/20Def/252SpDef
Nature:Careful
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
Role: Gyarados is my bulky tank(more on the specially defensive side) Very little or no speed and attack investments are needed since he's going to DD anyway and he's bulky enough to survive some hits. Thunderbolt can destroy him but he's not meant to take electric moves in the first place and I already have electivire for bait. But otherwise he takes many special hits. Gyarados saves my pokemon from ground attacks along with Skarmory.

Mixed Sweeper
Electivire(M)@Expert Belt
Ability:Motor Drive
EVs:72Atk/252SpAtk/184Spd
Nature:Mild
-Thunder
-Flamethrower
-Cross Chop
-Ice Punch
Role: Electivire is my mixed sweeper for this team. He probably covers about 12-13 types and along with expert belt, it proves to be very useful. Electivire will take electric hits mainly for my Gyarados and Skarmory. This set can destroy the ever popular dragons, Blissey, Skarmory, and Scizor. He's the absolute wall destroyer.

Annoyer/Physical Sweeper
Breloom(M)@Toxic Orb
Ability:Poison Heal
EVs:156Hp/100Atk/252Spd
Nature:Jolly
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Focus Punch
-Stone Edge
Role: Yes, my sleeper. He has pissed off so many people in the past in my battles and made them go off track and resulted in me winning so many times. Spore is just so damn annoying. Sub support with Focus punch isn't needed because its highly unlikely that the opponent will wake up in one turn anyway and never did in any of my battles, this set has always worked for me. Breloom can also act as a status absorber.

Special Wall
Mismagius(M)Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
EVs:252Hp/252SpDef/4Spd
Nature:Calm
-Psywave
-Confuse Ray
-Thunder Wave
-Pain Split
Role: Yes this special wall isnt Blissey for christ sakes. Everyone uses Blissey for a special wall so I thought of using Mismagius as my special wall. Confuse ray and Thunderwave is my main strategy here to not make my opponent attack and use psywave to finish them off. Psywave seems risky but I dont want to be using shadow ball on an uninvested spatk(Its kinda like a seismic toss on Blissey where you dont have to rely on its offensive stat) Pain split to take advantage of his low Hp and to damage the opponent. He also protects my pokemon from ground/fighting/normal attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)