CapTT 3 Finals

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

CapTT 3 FINALS

Choice Band Revenankhs(2) vs Sunny Side-Up Sunkerns(0)
Tiebreaker​

SM: GMars vs Ming549
LC Slot 1: Jox vs ItzViper482
LC Slot 2: PD vs Infamy

Banlists:
CapLC: Regular LC Banlist + Cawdet
New megas are allowed in this round.

All games are default Bo1, however if both players agree to a Bo3 I will be accepting Bo3s. Goodluck to all.

Let's get this going swiftly, 24th of october is the deadline.

All games need replays.

Note: I'll be editing this again if any more information changes so keep an eye out.

DO NOT AT ANY TIME MAKE ANY COMMENT IN A MATCH THAT COULD HELP EITHER PLAYER MAKE A STRATEGIC MOVE. GHOSTING IS NOT ALLOWED. Don't be a dick, follow basic tour guidelines. Because of this, Modchatting your games is encouraged.
(How the matches went before the tiebreaker)
SM: cbrevan vs Jho
SM: PD vs SHSP
ORAS: Rat With Wings vs Snorlax in the way
LC: Jox vs ItzViper482
DUBS: Yellow Paint vs Demantoid

Last edited by a moderator:
YEET LETS GET THIS GOIN
If I literally didnt have the confidence to say I will win, I shoulda quit a few weeks ago
In my time in CAP, offler is possibly one of the best players I have actually met. Although he likes to frequent memes, I think thats a testament to his skill how he somehow makes them work. With his level of skill, knowledge of meta, and overall offlerness, I can convincingly say he will cop this dub. cb also beat me in seasonals tho so likeeeeeeeee go offler get me some revenge
Ok, so like, I'm sry SHSP but PD might actually just be the don father. I literally don't think I've watched this man drop a game live yet its wild. But I'm not necessarily tryna say dad sunkern will absolutely get throttled, just that this will be a tough matchup I think leaning in his favor.
Dont bench me Snor can be a salty bitch. No shade, just facts. But that doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's doing. Throughout this CAPtt, my first CAPtt snor has proven to be a pretty good player who has years of experience to fall back on. Overall his performance has been mostly positive and I believe that he can pull this one out. This mu also happened b4 and he came out on top so theres that.
I can't decide. I really just can't. These two have known each other for ages, both of whom I believe have a very solid understanding and skill level of the CAP LC meta. Like week one, I believe this is truly a tossup
MISH MISH.
Demantoid ended his win streak. Week one. The player who we thought was untouchable. And Demantoid brought him down. Demantoid has put his best foot forward every week and has done this matchup b4 which I think warrants enough to be given this win.

So uh, yeah thats my take on things in 100% honesty. I'm looking at a 5-1 possibly 4-2 win for the sunkerns. The journey has been hella lit. Lgi sunkerns #UltimateCAPttExperience​

Time to wrap this up boys, lets end CAPTT with a bang. #TheUltimateCAPTTExperience

benched ITZ UR BOIIII PEEEEETWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. In all seriousness, I have my man ming going over. Talent, check, team intact, check, winning record, check, and the best underrated talent drafted? Double check

Mans team fell apart so hard he had no choice but to play himself. Played himself to lose as well; Jho wins this in my book, as he is a great player who is much more active. But then again, who wouldn't choose their brother?

SHSP is just about the only person regularly started on this team that isn't a large individual. A solid talent and a solid help to the team, I expect him to win this set. On top of this, he also beat the second best player in the tier this CAPTT, so that's a plus

ITS A NEW DAY, YES IT IS!! This will be our second time playing this CAPTT, and I don't intend to lose. I'm a new player, different than the one you played last time we faced, and considering how that one played out, doesn't look too good for the resident aussie. A N O I N T E D

Viper has stopped being a big boy, and he's gonna win his match this time. For his safety, I suggest that he win. Anyway yeah, I have faith in viper, as of course I drafted the best talent in every single tier; LC is no exception. gettem viper

MISH MISH
. Demantoid is the GOAT for a reason, he's just the single best doubles talent in this tournament. He will take this set just like he took it the first time. The Sunkerns will reign victorious

Lookin like a 6-0 to me fellas

I'd like to give a special shoutout to SHSP the boy. He has been a great help this tour and I'm really happy to have drafted him onto my team. One of the best guys you can get to know in this community, and if you haven't already, I suggest you do.

I hope everyone enjoys their sets, and has had a great time during CAPTT 3. I personally will be dedicating my match to a very important person in my life who has passed away, and I will put on a good set for the finals. I hope all the spectators enjoy these thrilling sets as much as I will.

#TheUltimateCAPTTExperience

I typed up this big long fancy letter, named out all my players, thanked them. Posted my replays and talked about drap's decision which will be tomorrow, and it all got erased. So instead im going to say THANK YOU TO ALL THE SUNKERNS, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR TIME ON THE TEAM, AND I THANK YOU FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME, AND WORKING TOGETHER AS A UNIT. WE COULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN INTO FINALS WITHOUT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. There we go, isnt that nice?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6cap-650441307
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6cap-650449815
"https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6cap-650478908"

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I just want to publicly apologize for turning off the timer. I was under the impression that Rat was lagging and I had a very short time period to react. I made a judgment call in the heat of a very narrow window of time, believing that lag and DCs were functionally similar and would have similar recreate rules. I turned the timer off to avoid the hassle of recreating the battle and to let it continue without laggy timer outs. This assumption was quick and dubious when scrutinized further. Additionally, after digging deeper into tour precedent (something I could not have done in the small window I had access to) I believe that the precedent states that a player can only get a recreate for a "true DC" if they had more than a minute left on their timer clock and otherwise it would just be considered a true timer loss. Rat had less than a minute left, and therefore there was no chance of him getting a recreate if had actually DCed and timed out.

So, the timer was turned off when it should not have been and that is entirely my fault. I made a bad judgment call in the heat of a stressful moment

However, after talking to both players, it is now uncertain if Rat actually was going to time out. Rat told me that he was sure he clicked his move before the timer was turned off. Snorlax is claiming the same thing and that he only hit cancel after it was turned off. One of the problems is that the replay and battle logs are not able to tell us what actually happened. Turn 22 shows that snorlax had 40 seconds left and that rat had 10. We can't even tell how much AFTER rat's 10 second warning the timer was turned off at. It is possible that Rat clicked his move any time between the 10 second timer and when he would have timed out and that snorlax didn't click his move and that's why the turn hadn't occurred. It is also possible that Rat really was about to time out and that the timer being turned off saved him. The sad thing is that we cannot know for certain. I've tried talking to the admins and there's really no way to see anything beyond what we can see in the replay.

To the revs, I'm sorry if my mistake ends up costing you this tour. But as it stands it looks, from an outsider's perspective, as if the timer was likely turned on to stop Rat from timing out, and so this will probably be ruled as if Rat did time out. Please stay tuned for Drap's decision later but I imagine it will echo this sentiment.

Sorry :c

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
First of all I'd like to apologise for how long it took me to make this post.

On the topic of the game 3 between Rat With Wings & Snorlax in the way, I've come to the decision to void the game and have them redo it. The timer had been bellow a certain threshold leaving Rat With Wings with a true timeout in the chance he did timeout, however within those 10 seconds rat could have clicked a move. There's no way to say for certain he was actually going to timeout.

Another force which has driven me to this decision is the fact that there's no way I can fairly side with any team without there being fair and even points on both sides of the argument.

In the future I'd like to remind everyone that the timer is completely up to the players, and a timeout is a win regardless of value.

Also reminder for cbrevan , Jho, GMars, Ming549 get your games done and get them done sooner rather than later.

Animus Majulous

On the topic of the game 3 between Rat With Wings & Snorlax in the way, I've come to the decision to void the game and have them redo it. The timer had been bellow a certain threshold leaving Rat With Wings with a true timeout in the chance he did timeout, however within those 10 seconds rat could have clicked a move. There's no way to say for certain he was actually going to timeout.

Another force which has driven me to this decision is the fact that there's no way I can fairly side with any team without there being fair and even points on both sides of the argument.

In the future I'd like to remind everyone that the timer is completely up to the players, and a timeout is a win regardless of value.

Also reminder for cbrevan , Jho, GMars, Ming549 get your games done and get them done sooner rather than later.

Animus Majulous
Cbro has coursework n shit to do this weekend as do I sort of so will be early early next week maybe for our game

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor

Animus Majulous
Sorry to be a little confrontational, but I don’t 100 percent understand the rationale behind this decision. You say that you voided the game because it was unknown if RWW was going to time out, but to me that seems irrelevant. Someone turned off the timer before that occured, which is the major sticking point to me. That’s inherently rule-breaking, as the official smogon tournament guidelines state, saying timer is completely up to the players and cannot be interfered with by an outside person unless requested by both parties. Sure, it’s unknown if RWW was to timeout, but it was never an issue to begin with because of the timering off. By turning the timer off, the game was turned from a timeout loss to a voided remake, which means that by timering off, RWW was given a completely fresh game from one where it was arguable he would lose on the spot- if I remember correctly, within ten seconds the timer was turned off, not at the ten second mark, leaving RWW little time to click a move in general. You also mention how you cannot side with either team despite there being clear precedent in the matter of turning off the timer, see the following examples:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/official-decisions-thread-wcop-x.3541363/#post-6297132

Here’s the closest precedent I could find, although it is a different situation. Jsaok true DC’d, evident by the timer, and forcing a recreate, but the bottom most section is the most applicable. Staff are not allowed to turn off timer, and if it is turned off by staff, it must be immediately turned back on. The timer being turned off broke this in the first place, leading to this situation where if these rules were followed and the timer turned back on immediately would have likely avoided this whole situation minus the blatant abuse of turning the timer off. It is also mentioned this is not a standard case that affects precedent, but the situation fits ours the closest and as such is viable to be used.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/season-5-administrative-decisions.3494712/#post-5175465

This is a commonly used precedent case regarding timeouts. Going through the options, it’s likely that neither player had a win completely secured, ruling out 1 and 2 from this. Moving to 4, I am under the impression neither player submitted teams, rendering this option impossible, leaving us with 3. removes the “timer haziness” mentioned in this case, as it correctly ticked down until it was stopped.

EDIT: found a little bit more that applies to the situation, as well as a very recent change to precedent:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/spl-6-administrative-decisions.3526165/#post-6024522

This is a similar sort of issue as the current case, based around outside interference in a battle. Joining a battle in a players stead follows a remarkably similar line of thought to the current case: the game was directly interfered with by someone who was not one of the two players, without one of the two players consent. The idea that no one should join the battle in anyone else's place, else fear the consequences, can be carried over to this case: no outside interference should effect the game.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-snake-draft-i-administrative-decisions.3614029/ and http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/grand-slam-vi-administrative-decisions.3610662/#post-7536608

Here's a very recent ruling that indicates the method of DC/Timeout losses is A. changing and B. indicative of the time left allotted in any regard. Soulwind(grand slam) and Arii Stella both DC'd visibly, but the timer being low renders that null and void regardless. The idea of turning the timer off was based around a possible DC/Lag situation that these two recent precedents overrules.

Last edited:
Time for me to be the bearer of bad news. A recreation between me and rat is impossible due to the nature of our schedules being so busy, and the fact that he is 15 hours away. Furthermore, I'd like to point out that the fact that the timer was turned off by healndeal, a global driver who was supposed to not be involved in the match, is against the tournament rules.

So the decision really boils down to, a full creation, not a void of the game, up until the point at which the timer was turned off. As I spoke with cbrevan and said that I just hurried up the match after that point to get it over with. The other option is to give me the win due to timeout/outside interference. If a recreation is chosen once again after review of what SHSP said, I would like there to be a coinflip for the match, as me playing versus rat again is not feasible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)