Call of Duty: Black Ops

I can consistently get to 22+ by myself on the theater map. Its quite easy to be honest. I stay in the begining room for 3 rounds and get all the kills with a knife to get some points. Then I unlock all the doors along the route of the MP40, grabbing it along the way, and I usually have just enough to get into the room and turn on the power. After a few kills I can afford Quick Revive (which is amazing in solo, which, in my opinion, is the easiest way to get up to higher rounds. I will explain why I think this later). I save up for Juggernaut and then toy box until I get some good guns, and usually have a pack-a-punched gun with a good side arm by wave 16-17. I don't get Sleight of Hand until I'm on my third quick revive (or have none left) because my strategy relies more on running around and I am hardly ever pressed into a corner reloading. After I get my third Quick Revive I will usually take Sleight of Hand, though. Double Tap is cool, but hardly essential.

My "strategy" is pretty much running around from the theatre to the starting room, down to the room with the mp40, and then back into the theatre, rinse and repeat; using the pack-a-punch room to rain grenades whenever there is a massive swarm. The electric fences obviously play a key part too, and in the later waves, they usually get most of the kills in a round to conserve ammo. In my opinion, the upgraded thundergun and Ray Gun is the best combo, one good for picking off individuals and one destroying crowds. This "strategy" really relies on running around, and its a lot easier by yourself, as 2 people increases the amount of zombies by quite a bit. Its also harder to run around as the whole draw of this is that the majority of the zombies will be behind you, which will not be true with someone else unless you both run in pretty much the same direction at the same time.

I rarely die to swarms, its often those 2 zombies that are there when I round a corner :|.

My current record is half way through wave 27; I haven't really been playing solo zombies for that long (about 3 days maybe?).

@folg: I like kino better. It's a lot easier to run around there in my opinion, and a lot less corners....

Hmm I sort of do the opposite, I knife the first 3 rounds, run into the alley on the end of the 3rd or 4th round, buy the ak74u as my first gun, finish the 4th wave, kill all but one zombie in the 5th wave, then run into the theater. Then use the box until I get a decent weapon, chill in the teleporter until I get overrun, warp, and then rain grenades down from the pack-a-punch room. Once i'm out, I run to the alley to take on the rest of the wave until about wave 16-17, after that I run upstairs to handle them, I hold out there in the room with the pm63 and that overlooks the theater, and never open the three doors leading from that room through the dressing room to the theater, which yeah means I never get sleight of hand, but it's necessary. I then activate the trap in that room, letting it kill all the zombies coming up, while I handle the zombies entering from the ceiling and back, rinse and repeat.

I no longer use the lmgs, ray gun, thundergun, etc. They are way to boring to use, and just take the fun out.

Also on the round that I went to 28 by myself I only used one quick revive, but I died because I activated a trap from the outside right when I got downed, so when I got back up I no longer had juggs to get me through my own trap and was killed lol.

also I much prefer kino der toten to five.

PrimaryM16 w/Reflex Sight
Secondary Python w/AGOC scope
Lethal Frag
Tactical Claymore
Willy Pete
Perks Hardline/Steady Aim/Last Stand

That's my set up though sometimes I switch between hardline and ghost, idk I just think I play better with ghost on since I like to go after people and I dont have to be paranoid or retreat because someone just called in a spyplane.
Yes I use last stand, but I mean it just works :o. I dont use it so I can be revived, mostly just in case I'm one kill away from chopper gunner or something I dont want my KS to be ruined just because of the spawn system causing someone to shoot me in the back

Anyone on Smogon wanna play? It'd be nice playing with the same people once in a while. People of any skill level are welcome, and im pretty good myself. I mostly play Search and Destroy and Domination but I could be convinced to try something else.
Anyway my gamertag is thecrazylazyguy, note though I dont have a mic only because I dont like talking while im playing video games, just feels weird :x

Fucking treyarch get your game fixed so I can finish a goddamn match once in a while. I have been getting constantly dced from matches, the host migration never works, and sometimes it takes a while just to find a match. I've had these problems on 3 different networks, and my home network is damn good, starting to not want to play this game anymore.

So bored of this game, there's nothing to keep me on it, apart from doing this Ulysses thing.

Actually gone back to H3. Damn I'm rusty at it though.

Yeah I went back to mw2 with my friend for a little bit today. Basically everyone good at that game left long ago, and retards are the only people left. I was able to go 33-0 on rundown on one of my first matches in months lol.

BO is good, but I have literally no motivation to play, I only play wager matches with friends now, because sticks and stones is where it's at. I'm still rank 43 and I haven't prestiged, where as in mw2 I was already prestiged by now, and it was a lot harder to get prestige in that game.

im starting to get kind of bored/frustrated with this game. i kept getting 8 kill streaks and then for my 9th kill ill get a fucking assist and then i die to a stupid rc car or random grenade its really frustrating.

i prestiged for the first level earlier today but i dont know why i just wanted a extra class. ill probably go to third prestige and get completely bored. i think i might go back to mw2

My friends already devised a new BO drinking game. Basically if you're not in the money at the end of a sticks 'n stones match, you're taking a shot lol. We're pretty good so it's a slow drinking game, and when we feel up to it we change the rules so if you come in 4th you take one shot, 5th place gets you two shots, and last place three shots.

Anyways just unlocked the commando, so i'm using it, and it's pretty damn good, although I mainly play wager matches now so I don't think I'm going to ever prestige.

Ok so after playing a bit today and testing shit out here is what I have concluded:

1. Spy Plane / Napalm Strike / Blackbird. Best killstreak setup for team games/objective modes imo. Easy to obtain and you put work in with this. Get to 3/4 kills (depending on hardline) call in the spy plane, get your napalm strike put it over the enemy spawn and pretty much hold them. Blackbird makes it hard to die unless lag wants to fuck you. Who cares about chopper gunners? I have much more fun being in gun fights than using a chopper gunner and going easy mode :l

2. Sniping is BACK. Sniper patch made the sway delay on snipers only .25 seconds.

3. Commando easily best assault rifle but we already knew that.

Finally back from my break.

Fav class atm.

Aug extended mags,Reflex
Magnum snub nose

Frag
Motion Sensor
Willy pete

Flak Jacket
Warlord
Ninja

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Oh my fucking lord the olympia is fun. I never used it until last night/earlier today. I'm not entirely sure on the whole steady aim vs slight of hand argument, but I think slight of hand is better than steady aim. It didn't seem like steady aim improved the range all that much, whereas having quick reload made getting back into the fight that much easier. Particularly on domination games, there were so many times when people would cap a flag because I couldn't reload fast enough. Obviously not a problem with slight of hand.

Oh my fucking lord the olympia is fun. I never used it until last night/earlier today. I'm not entirely sure on the whole steady aim vs slight of hand argument, but I think slight of hand is better than steady aim. It didn't seem like steady aim improved the range all that much, whereas having quick reload made getting back into the fight that much easier. Particularly on domination games, there were so many times when people would cap a flag because I couldn't reload fast enough. Obviously not a problem with slight of hand.
HELL YES

Sleight of Hand is about 5000x better than Steady Aim with the Olympia. I would know, the Olympia is my favorite gun. And when I say favorite, I mean I'm level 50 and have 1300 kills with it. But looking down the sight with the Olympia is actually very effective for netting longer range kills.

Favorite class:
Olympia
Ballistics Knife/Strela-3
Semtex
Concussion
Tactical Insertion
Lightweight Pro
Sleight of Hand Pro
Marathon Pro

I'm a steady aim man myself for the olympia. I used it almost exclusively in S&D all last prestige, for the simple fact that in my experience with steady aim you can kill someone in one shot, leaving the other shot for one more person. Since you almost never see more than two people together, you can just hide in a corner to reload. Winning ensues.

Started running this class

Kiparis w/ grip & rapid fire
Python w/ Dual wield

Tomahawk
Flash
C4

Scavenger
Warlord
Marathon

Basically just mass tomahawking, because after playing the amount of sticks 'n stones I play, the tomahawk is preferred over grenades now, and with warlord pro and scavenger I almost always have one. The kiparis is ridiculous but its held back a little by its 20 round clip. This class works very well in FFA.

AK74u with grip is just fantastic. and I just unlocked the FN FAL(Effin FAL) but will have to wait till tomorrow to use it. AUG with a brilliant red dot sight design is really good too, although a bit too much recoil. I had some great games today with that AUG, just got a cobra 2 games ago after my friend started dicking around and trapped my entire team in hanoi in a small room and I was the only one outside. I managed to get 7 kills, use my cobra and get the final killcam(couldn't use the rolling thunder)

I also got a great killstreak with a PM63(I think... it's one of the SMGs with 20 bullet mags) in a FFA in Nuketown where everyone I saw, just pressed R1 and killed him with ease. Only works on small maps though.
which reminds me, what killstreaks do you guys recommend?

Update 1.04

Issues Addressed:

• Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
  • Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types. (PS3 only)
  • Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch. (PS3 only)
  • Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
  • Addressed issue that prevented the “Load MP by Default” option from saving when other specific option combinations were set. (Xbox 360 only)
  • Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
  • Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
  • Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
  • Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
  • Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
  • Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
  • Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
  • Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
  • Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
  • Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.
Gameplay Tuning:

• Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
  • Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
  • Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
  • Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
  • Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
  • Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
  • Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.
Source: http://www.ripten.com/2010/12/14/call-of-duty-black-ops-patch-1-04-for-ps3-is-live-mauler/

And the update included a load of new contracts which are worth mentioning I suppose. Definitely the biggest part of the update other than the contracts is how you can no longer randomize the crates from a SAM turret or sentry gun, which means no helicopter gunners/pilots, helicopters, or dogs for 3 kills with Hardline Pro

I like practically everything from the new patch. I can't wait to get my surround sound back, cause I was messing around in a Local match with bots, and I could abuse Ninja Pro with just Stereo coming from my TV.

I'm not sure why it felt so good, but going 33-25 in the Gun Game with only knifing in the lowest tier was immensely satisfying.

I'm not sure why it felt so good, but going 33-25 in the Gun Game with only knifing in the lowest tier was immensely satisfying.
What a dick haha

But am I the only one who really wants Wager Match challenges? I've been level 50 and I'm not prestiging but it would still be fun and add more to the somewhat empty Wager Match playlist

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Well my two days of live after getting this game have ran out.
Most used guns are the olympia 114 kills then the M1911 with 69 or something and a kd of two.
I'm honestly astounded anybody uses any other pistol. I picked up a snub nose revolver one time and it took me four shots to kill a person, then another four shots for the next guy. I can consistently get three shot kills with the m1911.

Also fucking pissed that NOBODY plays the objectives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)