BW2 changes

So Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 was officially released today in Japan, and with it, we're getting a bunch of new moves, items, released Dream World abilities and a few new formes.

The question that's been on a lot of people's minds has been when will our simulators catch up?

The answer for PO is that you can expect the move tutors, items and released DW abilities to be updated on July 1 (but not before then, due to the usage-based tier update). You will be able to use them on your version of PO without having to download a new client by employing a method similar to the one you use to get V-Create Rayquaza. As for formes, we'll have to wait and see how quickly Pokemon Online implements them. That WILL require you to download a new client, most likely.

You mentioned that there is a work around. So lets say Gliscor officially gets roost, how soon can I do the work around and use it on the server? As soon as its legit, or until the PO updates come out. I really want to use it but don't want to get kicked/banned from the server.

You mentioned that there is a work around. So lets say Gliscor officially gets roost, how soon can I do the work around and use it on the server? As soon as its legit, or until the PO updates come out.
Technically it's "legit" now.

idk how fast PO is going to move, but as soon as I get a reliable list of the distribution of the new moves, I'll code them in myself (assuming PO hasn't already done so). Then, come July 1, I'll make the changes live so that you can use the moves on our server. In order to create teams with those moves, you'll need to either use the movemachine.exe executable that comes bundled with PO or you'll have to download a patch I intend on providing.

I really want to use it but don't want to get kicked/banned from the server.
You're not going to get kicked or banned from anywhere--the server is just not going to allow you to use those moves.

We are adding the new formes and moves into PO as soon as someone publishes a good list / sprites somewhere. For the new formes to work, I will help to download the new client, otherwise teambuilder won't show them

breh

強いだね
If you don't mind my asking, why is this going to take more than a week? aesoft already has the moves / forms up...

There are absolutely no incompatibility problems (only level up and tutor moves (and apparently tm for klinklang?)), as far as I see. Bar implementing the formes (of which there are a whopping... 5), there doesn't seem to be much to do. Why can't this be done faster?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you don't mind my asking, why is this going to take more than a week?
Antar said:
but not before then, due to the usage-based tier update
However, I don't think there is a point to releasing new tiers this month. The usage lists for this month will reflect a metagame that no longer exists because BW2's changes have thrown a wrench into, well, everything. Might as well just use last month's tiers and throw the new Kyurems into uber, and the new formes into OU for the time being.

However, I don't think there is a point to releasing new tiers this month. The usage lists for this month will reflect a metagame that no longer exists because BW2's changes have thrown a wrench into, well, everything. Might as well just use last month's tiers and throw the new Kyurems into uber, and the new formes into OU for the time being.
If this is the case what do we do with Thundurus-Therian? It's main forme was considered broken (although the circumstances behind it are still questionable) so does that mean it should go Uber, too? Or should we test both of them in OU again since it's basically a brand new metagame?

This is something that should be discussed by the staff and NOT in a public setting.

But just briefly--I actually think this is the PERFECT time to generate new tiers. The WORST time to generate new tiers would be NEXT month, when everything is in flux as everyone explores the multitude of new options. Anything that's "broken" can be banned to the BL tiers by the suspect councils.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If this is the case what do we do with Thundurus-Therian? It's main forme was considered broken (although the circumstances behind it are still questionable) so does that mean it should go Uber, too? Or should we test both of them in OU again since it's basically a brand new metagame?
Should point out that this is a matter for the OU Council (or whatever we have now) but imo just because a pokemon has its previous forme banned does not mean it should be auto banned. (Look at Shaymin / Skymin). Personally, I believe Thundurus-Therian will be (and should be) tested in OU (it might have gotten a power boost, however its dropped 10 base speed) and then we can move on to its other forme.

Found PO's thread on the subject. Basically, it sounds like they've got the alpha all ready, and they'll be releasing "1.0.60" in the coming days.

Time frame remains fixed, however: we will not be upgrading until July 1 at the earliest.

1.0.60 has been up since Monday morning, though all the moves were added at Saturday night, fixed on Sunday when they were coming into nets :)
I was confused by this still showing 1.0.53.

But okay, then!

db gets upgraded July 1.

Edit: you can't use it as in the client refuses to connect? Or you can't use it as in you can't use the new moves?

Worse, the server refuses the new forme or moves, and they get deleted when battle starts. Server thinks you are cheating when you send unknown stuff to it.

Worse, the server refuses the new forme or moves, and they get deleted when battle starts. Server thinks you are cheating when you send unknown stuff to it.
But if you DON'T use the new formes, it's fine, right?

Anyway, issue will be fairly moot, since I *will* be upgrading Smogon PO to 1.0.60 on or around July 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)