Ubers BW Ubers Cup I - Round 2 (POST YOUR REPLAYS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader

Awesome art by Jaeck

Welcome to the BW Ubers Cup!

This is the third and last tournament that will be part of the Ubers Classic this year.
More information about classic can be found here.
Information and resources about BW Ubers can be be found here.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a standard BW Ubers tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Post replays or I don't count your match. I would strongly encourage you to play your games on the Smogon Tournaments PS! Server since it automatically saves replays.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.
This tournament is included in the Smogon Championship 2017 season as :

/!\ Only the playoffs phase at the end of the 3 separate Cups (BW, DPP and ADV) will grant Smogon Championship Points (on a basis that will be adapted to the number of entries).
Arthurr pendragon vs Evuelf
Haruno vs CaCaTuA
Pohjis vs Randomnick
EviGaro vs Highlord
Stan Soojung vs Earth
UA leoPARDO vs My Thunder
Santu vs Hamhamhamham
Caetano93 vs Star
steelskitty vs byronthewellwell
Mindnight vs March Fires
double switches vs neomon
Mysterious M vs CKW
elodin vs TSR
EternalSnowman vs The Trap God
DeltaRott vs Marshall.Law
FLCL vs Kebabe
p2 vs Akashi
KoldKappuccino vs Hack
Edgar vs Manaphy
We Three Kings vs Slurmz
Lycans vs Jhonx~
Hassin627 vs I Shuckle
SiTuM vs didi
AuraRayquaza vs Britania

Deadline: 11 October

Act/Coinflips
EternalSnowman vs. Matame - act
SiTuM'parleT'mort vs. Kiyo - act
p2 vs. clefi - act
double switches vs. Gunner Rohan

My Thunder vs. A Hero's Destiny - given the win
Santu vs. Chill Shadow

UA leoPARDO vs. Mr. Uncompetitive - given the win
Slurmz vs. Avaricity - given the win
Stan Soojung vs. Rex69 - act
Marshall.Law vs. TraceofLife - act

0Nl vs. DeltaRott
Acsel vs. KoldKappuccino
Luispeikou vs. Earth
You guys apparently scheduled but game didn't happen. Make proper act call or play today, or I'll flip these games tomorrow.

Last edited:
U give me a sub on deadline day after i got the win and that's fine, but 2 days later as we try to schedule a time somehow he gets to r2?
He literally didnt even know he got subbed in until i told him.
He can have the win idc it was just rly weird to see people get subbed in on deadline day and just carelessly pick a winner

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
U give me a sub on deadline day after i got the win and that's fine, but 2 days later as we try to schedule a time somehow he gets to r2?
He literally didnt even know he got subbed in until i told him.
He can have the win idc it was just rly weird to see people get subbed in on deadline day and just carelessly pick a winner
There was no contact for me to see, neither of you had made the effort to contact. That's very much the same as with your previous opponent, where neither of you had sent a VM and there's only a log from PS. This should be obvious to you by now that if you're scheduling via means other than VMs, let the host know, cos from my view neither your two opponents nor you put in any effort to get the games done at all. I was, and still would be, willing to give proper extensions (specially considering I had to extend the overall round by 2 days due to a large number of games still left to play) had I seen even minimal effort from both sides. So no, I didn't "carelessly pick a winner", you were careless with scheduling twice.

I dont need to be told how to contact my opponents at this point tyvm because i always get contacting done. It was careless of u because u didnt even bother to find out if we did on discord or main or whatever and i didnt report anything to u because in my experience, when ppl get subbed in late ( never on deadline day fwiw) they get extra days and no 2 isnt enough when its weekdays and ppl have work or school

SparksBlade

Community Leader
I dont need to be told how to contact my opponents at this point tyvm because i always get contacting done. It was careless of u because u didnt even bother to find out if we did on discord or main or whatever and i didnt report anything to u because in my experience, when ppl get subbed in late ( never on deadline day fwiw) they get extra days and no 2 isnt enough when its weekdays and ppl have work or school
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...post-your-replays.3615965/page-3#post-7530368
That's me "bothering to find out" cos I can't go personally to every player to ask in PMs. I'm already checking at least 48 walls, the least you could do is get off your elitist tour-experienced ass and make a post in the thread when you're tagged explaining what the status of your pairing is. I'm not asking you to get your games done in 2 days - 3 pairings haven't had a coinflip or act call cos they were scheduling properly. I'm asking you to either make a VM, or tell me you're in contact with your opp via other means, but since you failed to do both those things, I flipped a coin.

Oh im aware of how bothersome it is to check 40 vms the poorly run part is u treating my pairing like the other pairings that had 9-10 days, when this happens hosts automatically give some extra time or at least @ us to ask what happened with this matchup cuz its only a couple of them, my elitist ass is in at least half a dozen tours at any point in time i dont intend on having every tour host informed of what i do when i always do my part

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Oh im aware of how bothersome it is to check 40 vms the poorly run part is u treating my pairing like the other pairings that had 9-10 days, when this happens hosts automatically give some extra time or at least @ us to ask what happened with this matchup cuz its only a couple of them, my elitist ass is in at least half a dozen tours at any point in time i dont intend on having every tour host informed of what i do when i always do my part
I tagged you in the post I linked earlier so??? And as I said the, coinflip is due to you being incapable of sending a VM in 2 days, or telling me you're scheduling on discord/whatever else. I'm sure 2 days is enough time to do that at least.

Stop posting about things I've already answered now. You were earlier given a win and now you're giving away a win, without sending a single VM or bothering to inform the host when tagged. I've told you everything in the previous posts, read them carefully.

Activity call for R1.Opp hasn't been properly responding and I could never find him online on ps despite me searching for him a good amount of time during his evenings

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
This is some major bullshit, I don't know why the game was flipped when my opponent made absolutely 0 effort to get the game done. I at least tried to contact him on PS and messaged him to no receive no response - which I pm'd you as well SparksBlade. It's sad that this guy was completely inactive when we were paired, but as soon as this new round came up he's finished his games. Why am I literally being robbed of even competing in this tournament when the hosts are not taking active measures to make sure what activity decisions are called? Completely unfair decision lol

edit: The shocking part is that you as a host do not have time to even remind the players that no scheduling has taken place when it's round 1 of a tournament, but you have time to post this:
"Sorry for the delay in subs, this shoulda been done yesterday but I was tired and quite unwell. Proper extension will be given so don't worry.
I Shuckle vs HNBL
TistieyZ vs TSR - Use VMs please"

You literally mentioned that proper extensions will be given, however you make a special exception in my case and not only not inform me, but also proceed to flip my game unfairly when I made some effort to complete my game. I mean I was not only informed that my game was prone to being flipped, but I wasn't even given the chance to appeal the flip call (which other hosts of Ubers Classic have implemented). My opponent just proceeded to finish his games which makes no sense. I need a proper explanation as to why this has happened - it's the principle behind the fact that I was deprived off any chance to compete in a tournament which is utter nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)