Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malamar Contrary with Z-Happy Hour bug?(Turn 9)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pualpha-613976878

Why do stats go up? Should not you lower the stats to -1 because of Contrary?
Not a bug, intended behavior.

Contrary does not reverse Z move stat boosts.
Or to be more specific, Contrary only reverses stat modifications that trigger the usual stat change animation. Status Z-Moves don't do that, so they are not reversed. Same logic with things like Baton Pass. Same logic with Simple.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Haze, Pressure and PP are interacting oddly. I was always under the impression that Haze did not trigger pressure, as it is a non-targeted field effect; however, in testing on PS, it does. Also, the counters are inaccurate, as the hover-over counter only shows PP going down by 1, but the actual button shows it going down by two:

Replay where this was tested: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-613654353

On my pokemon showdown app for android when i press the import button for my pokemon teams, it crashes. And that happens forever then when i press the teambuilder. The only thing that works for me is deleting the app and reinstalling.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
On my pokemon showdown app for android when i press the import button for my pokemon teams, it crashes. And that happens forever then when i press the teambuilder. The only thing that works for me is deleting the app and reinstalling.
The mobile app is not officially supported by PS! developers. Try reporting bugs about the app in this thread instead: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-moves-showdown-app-for-android-beta.3526473/

In the meantime, I would recommend using the browser on your phone to go to http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/. As the site does work on phones (though obviously, some phones may not be powerful enough to have it run as smoothly as a good laptop would).

Whenever you challenge someone using the alias of a meta, you can't select teams from the drop down menu or hit the accept button. There is a way around that (using /accept), but if accepting it would give an error popup after clicking on the accept button itself, the popup goes below the button instead of in the center of the screen.

Secret Power is unaffected by Serene Grace when it should be. SP is on the list: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Serene_Grace_(Ability) whereas Pokemon showdown mistakenly states secret power: "Has a 30% chance to cause a secondary effect on the target based on the battle terrain. Causes paralysis on the regular Wi-Fi terrain, causes paralysis during Electric Terrain... The secondary effect chance is not affected by the Ability Serene Grace."

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Secret Power is unaffected by Serene Grace when it should be. SP is on the list: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Serene_Grace_(Ability) whereas Pokemon showdown mistakenly states secret power: "Has a 30% chance to cause a secondary effect on the target based on the battle terrain. Causes paralysis on the regular Wi-Fi terrain, causes paralysis during Electric Terrain... The secondary effect chance is not affected by the Ability Serene Grace."
Thanks for pointing this out, but in fact the server has it implemented properly. It's just that the description was written in Gen 5 when that part was true, and no one updated it during Gen 6 when it changed.

Electro ball only takes in consideration the native speed stat of pokemons when calculating damage, but not any modification to the speed stat, items or paralysis

Wait, you can't post any bugs about Zoroark? There was an issue with a Zoroark that was used in the random battles tiers for me. I just want to be clarified about that before I post the bug.

And yes, it is related to the Illusion ability.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait, you can't post any bugs about Zoroark? There was an issue with a Zoroark that was used in the random battles tiers for me. I just want to be clarified about that before I post the bug.

And yes, it is related to the Illusion ability.
The Zoroark note in the OP is to prevent reports in the vein of "The Beedrill used Night Daze, it can't learn that!". You can post a possibly actual bug involving Zoroark, but be aware that:
-certain graphical quirks (like a Pokemon's sprite apparently being duplicated) are to prevent the simulator from giving you information you wouldn't be given in-game.
-if zoroark is the last pokemon in your party, or if all other mons are fainted, Illusion doesn't activate
-pokemon that Trace Illusion don't actually get to utilize it as per game mechanic

I hope that this is the right place for the report:
On ROM, the Arceus Metronome Battles are marked as [Gen7], include new Gen7 moves like Z-Moves (Arceus-Normal has a Normalium-Z and can use Z-Metronome) and the terrains, but otherwise use Gen6 mechanics - this means Burns do 1/8 damage per turn, Dark Void works etc.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I hope that this is the right place for the report:
On ROM, the Arceus Metronome Battles are marked as [Gen7], include new Gen7 moves like Z-Moves (Arceus-Normal has a Normalium-Z and can use Z-Metronome) and the terrains, but otherwise use Gen6 mechanics - this means Burns do 1/8 damage per turn, Dark Void works etc.
this thread is for bug reports on the main server.

ROM is urkerab's server, try VMing him.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've had it happen twice now where my opponent DC's on the team select screen, but when the timer hits 0 it starts the match using the top 4 Pokemon on their team, and they only use the top slot move of each Pokemon when the timer runs down to 0 again. Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-615402478
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-614937682
i'm pretty sure this is what happens on in-game battle spot and vgc if you don't respond in time.

having to wait every turn is annoying tho

Whoops, oversight on my part. Fixed. (I tried writing a check for that and the good news is that it turned up some other mismatches but the bad news is that it broke stuff so I had to comment it out again.)

The Zoroark note in the OP is to prevent reports in the vein of "The Beedrill used Night Daze, it can't learn that!". You can post a possibly actual bug involving Zoroark, but be aware that:
-certain graphical quirks (like a Pokemon's sprite apparently being duplicated) are to prevent the simulator from giving you information you wouldn't be given in-game.
-if zoroark is the last pokemon in your party, or if all other mons are fainted, Illusion doesn't activate
-pokemon that Trace Illusion don't actually get to utilize it as per game mechanic
Ah, okay. One of those I was gonna report, but alright.

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
It's unclear from your post but if this is your first turn of Outrage against a Fairy type then you don't get locked in.
Zygarde-10% doesn't even learn Iron Tail, just wanted to point that out even though the OP is reporting some other bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)