Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Just a visual thing again. Z Moves are not affected by -Ate abilities. Yet it appears as if it is boosted. Damage output is correct as is the calc. It's just the fact the simulator shows a boosted and type-changed move as a Z.

Edit:

Apparently !rank displays this message. Whereas /rank works as it is supposed to.

Last edited:
Found a weird thing in a Shedinja Metronome battle where one of my Shedinja's got Fly, but for seemingly no reason, it failed.Not miss, but failed. After looking at the Bulbapedia pages for both Fly and Ingrain (the move one of the opposing Shedinja's used that turn), I found nothing that would cause this to happen.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-597022976 (Turn 5)

Shedinja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Metronome
Sorry for posting again so soon, but as a follow-up to this, all of a sudden, Fly decides to work, on the Turn 9-10, for no apparent reason. This is especially weird as Sky Drop, another two-turn move, failed in an earlier battle like it was supposed to.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-597368162

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Sorry for posting again so soon, but as a follow-up to this, all of a sudden, Fly decides to work, on the Turn 9-10, for no apparent reason. This is especially weird as Sky Drop, another two-turn move, failed in an earlier battle like it was supposed to.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-597368162
Well, Bulbapedia is not a reliable source for good reason: people who have no idea what's going on can edit any page. The actual mechanic that's happening is Choice locking is different in Gen 7, and your earlier Shedinja was Scarfed and this latest one had Focus Sash. On the second turn your move is the two-turn move and not Metronome calling something, so it fails while Choice-locked into Metronome.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-597549737

Turns 15 and 18.
Why is Alakazam being out sped?
Gen 1 maxs Stat Exp and DVs, Alakazam has higher base speed than Zapdos and Jynx, all 3 pokemon are paralyzed, no special drops are currently in play (which can affect speed in gen 1), and reflect does not affect speed to my knowledge (or does it?!).

What gives? I thought I was familiar with every gen 1 mechanic in existence. Did I suddenly miss something after thousands of matches?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-597549737

Turns 15 and 18.
Why is Alakazam being out sped?
Gen 1 maxs Stat Exp and DVs, Alakazam has higher base speed than Zapdos and Jynx, all 3 pokemon are paralyzed, no special drops are currently in play (which can affect speed in gen 1), and reflect does not affect speed to my knowledge (or does it?!).

What gives? I thought I was familiar with every gen 1 mechanic in existence. Did I suddenly miss something after thousands of matches?
The stat modification glitch is not only applied to drops on your side, but also if the opponent raises their own stats. Note for future reference that it's not only special drops/raises but all stat stage changes (not reflect). On turn 10, this happened.

Turn 10

The opposing Snorlax used Amnesia!
The opposing Snorlax's Special rose sharply!

Alakazam used Thunder Wave!
The opposing Snorlax is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

From that point forward, Alakazam was working at 1/16th speed, not 1/4th. You see this reflected moving forward on turn 11, where Snorlax would have outsped but was paralyzed, and then you dropped its special so it was also at 1/16th speed, making you faster. Similarly you outsped Jynx on turn 16 and not 15 because you got the drop again, making Jynx at 1/16th as opposed to 1/4th speed again. Zapdos meanwhile was working at 1/4th compared to your Alakazam's 1/16th making it significantly faster.

Off Topic: From above. Gen1 was really a mess of random bugs. It's a small miracle pokemon survided it

On Topic:

There should be an option to change the order of the whole team. It might seem minor, but things like Dragon Tail will be affected by team order, and it might be important to be able to have different pokemon second when facing a Garchomp so they get sent right away. For example, let's suppose you send a non HP Ice Landorus T vs Garchomp. You use Stealth Rock, he uses Dragon Tail.

Depending on the enemy team, it might be better to have in second place Scizor/Zapdos to remove the rocks, or Clefable if it is more important to knock out Garchomp as fast as possible.

Also PLEASE, for once, take a page from that wretched hive of noobism and terribleness known as Pokemon Online: Their teambuilder allows to modify Hidden Power type and IVs separately, giving a warning if the combination is illegal. This is something we need to have, for Ditto and for the Trick Room setters at the very least.

There should be an option to change the order of the whole team. It might seem minor, but things like Dragon Tail will be affected by team order, and it might be important to be able to have different pokemon second when facing a Garchomp so they get sent right away. For example, let's suppose you send a non HP Ice Landorus T vs Garchomp. You use Stealth Rock, he uses Dragon Tail.
You can do that. You just need to go to the teambuilder, click on the team you want to edit, and then click "move".

I do agree that fighting type hidden power should be illegal on the newer legendaries, as well as the Type: Null family and the Tapus, because fighting hidden power requires more than three imperfect IVs.

You can do that. You just need to go to the teambuilder, click on the team you want to edit, and then click "move".

I do agree that fighting type hidden power should be illegal on the newer legendaries, as well as the Type: Null family and the Tapus, because fighting hidden power requires more than three imperfect IVs.
But you might want to move them right before battling, depending on the enemy Dragon Tail user. Or when using Zoroark or other Illusion pokemon (In Hackmons) if you feel like it. And there is in general no reason to NOT inlude a mechanic that exists on the base game.

And I meant to able to choose 1 to 30 IVs for certain Hidden Powers, because you might want to have either lower stats for Download, to minimize passive damage, to get 201 HP on Duggy, to get X Hidden Power on Trick Room pokemon and pokemon requiring low Attack, etc etc. Again, it makes zero sense how IVs work right now.

But you might want to move them right before battling, depending on the enemy Dragon Tail user. Or when using Zoroark or other Illusion pokemon (In Hackmons) if you feel like it. And there is in general no reason to NOT inlude a mechanic that exists on the base game.
I didn't know the team order can be changed during the team preview.

I didn't know the team order can be changed during the team preview.
You can. On Wifi, you can select the pokemon you want to use, in the order you want. Sadly, this often leads to noobs using only 1 or 3 pokemon instead of 6, even tough there is a clear indicator at the bottom of the screen saying how many pokemon you can select...

In fact, on the old BW Zoroark analysis there was a note detailing how to mount the team on Teambuilder and how to shuffle it around before battle. This is never seen now as Zoroark is easy to spot anyway thanks to the minifigures that track the HP and status of the pokemons, but that's besides the point.

By the way, it would be cool to enable an option to use less than 6 pokemon (which you can also do when selecting either of the stantard 6 vs 6 rules on Wi-Fi), and get bonus points for winning with incomplete teams; but that's another question entirely.

Plus, even tough it may sound incredible, there might be times you prefer to not have certain pokemon, normally on teams that only can prevent your main wincon, let's say Volcarona, from sweeping by setting up Stealth Rock and phazing it out until it is too weakened to sweep. In this case, you go solo with Volca and win.
Similarly, let's say you face a full stall team. You have a fragile scarfer like a physical Greninja Protean that won't be able to do anything there, and if it comes out on a phazer like Skarmory, the stall team gets a free turn that can cost you a lot of time, thus you better bench him.

A good option to enable Team Shuffle and <6 pokemon teams would be: have the six images of the pokemon in a row, from left to right as usual. You can drag them left or right, and by moving it over another pokemon, they switch places. Below the pokemon, there are six squares. You can tick or untick them to select the pokemon you want to use. To prevent the Wi-Fi problems, the squares are ticked by default, and to be able to use them, you must enable it in "options".

Another option that should be enabled, is to be able to have less than maximum PP on moves. It might sound absurd, but there ARE some situational moments where this might have some use, ranging from gimmicky (Trump Card on low ladder troll teams) to legitimate (being able to use Struggle earlier to get a last second kill on a pokemon carrying a way to recover HP passively and high attack like Poison Heal Swords Dance Gliscor, luring a Dugtrio with choiced Thunder)

Last edited:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
In fact, on the old BW Zoroark analysis there was a note detailing how to mount the team on Teambuilder and how to shuffle it around before battle. This is never seen now as Zoroark is easy to spot anyway thanks to the minifigures that track the HP and status of the pokemons, but that's besides the point.
When you have a Zoroark on your team, you get to pick the order of all 6 Pokemon.

I can get behind everything else, though.

Sondero

If it is ALREADY coded, then why restrict it only to Zark?
Seems like a random and pointless restriction.
Because it's a lot more easy and convenient to only select the lead, when that's the only part of the order that matters.
So I suppose a better way to implement the more accurate team select would be to have an option for it in the settings menu or having a checkbox for it around the ignore spectators checkbox or below the team select.

I'm pretty sure that's already a thing. Only type null is still valid with HP fighting it seems :/

Sondero

I checked on the Showdown! teambuilder. At least the teambuilder says fighting hidden power is legal on the new legendaries.
From what I recall, the team validator doesn't reject plkemon for having wrong hidden powers, the HP types are just changed once the battle starts.

I checked on the Showdown! teambuilder. At least the teambuilder says fighting hidden power is legal on the new legendaries.
did you click validate? Yes, you can put it on, but then click to validate the team. It will usually say nope.

He guys im new here and im confused about my last battle,
I used a ditto with transfom and it dindt change the stats of the target to my ditto
I got some screenshots
https://puu.sh/wzgoC/ac36d2bea1.png
https://puu.sh/wzgoI/7f916a5faf.png
https://puu.sh/wzgn0/036bccff34.png

Is this a bug or is this normal, Bulbapedia says :Transform changes the user's current type, current stats, current stat modifications, current moves, current species, and current cry to that of the target's.

It was slower against his entire team
please help me

He guys im new here and im confused about my last battle,
I used a ditto with transfom and it dindt change the stats of the target to my ditto
I got some screenshots
https://puu.sh/wzgoC/ac36d2bea1.png
https://puu.sh/wzgoI/7f916a5faf.png
https://puu.sh/wzgn0/036bccff34.png

Is this a bug or is this normal, Bulbapedia says :Transform changes the user's current type, current stats, current stat modifications, current moves, current species, and current cry to that of the target's.

It was slower against his entire team
please help me
I think its to keep it in check with the game. otherwise, you could get the exact EVs, whereas in the games, you can't see the stats. You should still have the right stats, but its not shown

I think its to keep it in check with the game. otherwise, you could get the exact EVs, whereas in the games, you can't see the stats. You should still have the right stats, but its not shown
But it was slower then a hypno and venusaur, a aerodactyl is definitely faster.
Check the last screenshot u will see that the venusaur is faster

There are way too many people posting here because they don't know certain things about battle mechanics. Someone should edit the OP so it says to ask about a bug-like battle mechanic in an SQSA thread before posting it here.

Speaking of Ditto, Transformation should give away the enemy Ability, as you can see it by checking Ditto's stats on SM. (On the screen that shows stat changes).

Bug report -- Tangrowth Egg Moves
Egg moves in question:
Powerswap (swap ATK / SpA changes with target)
Leaf Storm
Swagger

Egg Chain instructions: Using Pokemon Heartgold
>Male Espeon lv78 with power swap
>Female Seedot / Nuzleaf / Shiftry
>Male Seedot with powerswap.
>Lv Male Seedot with powerswap to lv48 keeping swagger, evolve him into shiftry learning leafstorm at lv50
>Male Shiftry with Powerswap / Leaf Storm / Swagger + Female Tangela
>Tangela with Powerswap / Leaf Storm / Swagger
>Heart Scale to teach Tangela Ancientpower, lv up evolve to Tangrowth.
>Now Tangrowth with Leaf Storm / Powerswap / Swagger + any TM / HM / LvUp / Move Tutorable move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)