Gen 5 Bug/Dark Team

Hello! A friend challenged me to prepare a Bug/Dark team to battle and bet a Mew. There are some rules to make this harder.

Rules:
OU
No choice items (Choice scarf, etc.)

I have this team which I've been testing on showdown and I've been developing it. I had Absol instead of Zoroark, Pinsir instead of Forretress, etc. This ones are having a better performance but I can't win a single battle and I don't know how to get a better team.

Team:

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Explosion

Forretress is definitely the best lead to use in a dark/bug team because it has a great defensive stat, it can get both spikes hazards and has sturdy ability, with custap berry can set spikes and toxic spikes without any problem. Rapid Spin is also a great function to clean the field to let Pokemon like Volcarona switch in.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

I could use an offensive Tyranitar but I think my team already has enough of that so I chose a tanky one and it has awesome stats to do so. The moveset is pretty basic, Pursuit to kill those switch outs of common leads like Espeon and Xatu, Crunch if they choose to stay. One of the types that can bring a lot of trouble to my team is rock, Superpower covers that weakness. Stone Edge as awesome Stab with great power, can do a lot of damage to Pokémon that don't resist Rock. It lacks of accuracy but the power pays off. Also, ability is unnerve instead of Sand Stream because sandstorm would damage all my other pokes except Forretress.

Weavile @ Iron Ball
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
- Fling

I wanted to use Weavile as a kind of a scout and revenge killer. With 120 Atk and 125 Speed as base stats, I have the perfect conditions to do so. Fake Out is the best when it comes to be a move with priority+flinch. In case I face a ghost type, Ice Shard comes handy as STAB and priority. This are the moves to scout. With Brick Break and Fling it covers every single pokémon. Brick Break to phase screens also has 75 power. Fling combined with Iron Ball gets 130 power, Pickpocket ability will get a new item which can break an opponent pokémon aswell.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Night Daze
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Zoroark is my special sweeper in this team. Besides having the chance to trick him with Illusion, using Heracross as my last Pokémon will give me the chance to set up Nasty Plot and sweep thanks to Zoroark's natural talent to do so. It usually has Dark Pulse but I prefer to sacrifice 5% of accuracy to get those 40% chance of lowering opponent's accuracy. Focus Blast is a must have because of things like Snorlax and Umbreon that can sponge special attacks without any problem. Flamethrower brings cover to Bug type that resists Night Daze and is super effective against Zoroark. Nasty Plot brings it's special attack to a whole new level of power.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain

This Volcarona will be a surprise because it usually runs quiver dance sweep moveset. This is a special tank set. I'm not really sure about the EVs spread but this was the best idea I got. Quiver Dance has the objective of boosting special defense and also special attack. The speed isn't that important because it has 0 EVs on it, although it will help outspeeding some pokemons, mainly rock types which are slow and are huge threats. Bug Buzz is STAB, has 90 base power and 100% accuracy so I think it's the best here. Fiery Dance has the same conditions of Bug Buzz, except the power, but has 50% chance of boosting even more the Sp.Atk which is just great. Giga Drain gives recovery and covers rock and water types which can destroy it.

Heracross @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Atk / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Heracross is so strong, having a good typing and a good movepool with moves like Megahorn that are really powerful. EVs spread function is to give it longevity combined with hard hitting so it works like a physical tank. Close Combat and Megahorn are the standart Heracross moves which is justified by 120 Base power. Stone Edge will cover a huge weakness against flying and has a good base power aswell.
Night Slash is in here because ghost types are common switch ins having immunity against close combat and resistance against megahorn.

I hope you can help me in this situation, thank you :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)