Project Break This Team (Round 14 - Read Post #212)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
core 1 may beat dom's team but just doesn't look good in general

core 2 is more so "2 mons that together beat the team" rather than an actual core that threatens the team

core 3 might have good matchup vs dom's team but again not what a "core" is supposed to be imo(also has troubles vs ada luke, which dom has on that team)

core 4 i like cos it's actually a defensive core only threatened by hooh mostly(i think, maybe there's more but nothing stands out to me)

core 5 is fine except it's only 1 mon, not what i like for a core sry exiline :/

core 6 is very interesting with tonnes of offensive pressure and i like it

i'll go with safe Core 4 cos i was on pohjis' team for 7 weeks and am fat now

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Aright, I've decided to add another rule to for this project. It's not for Team Submission though but rather for votes. Stating a reason as to why you are voting for Core X is highly recommended and it also lets you persuade anyone reading the thread.
Anyways, lets move forward to Round 8. Here's the team!

The Trap God passed this Bulky Offense team featuring Choice Specs Yveltal+Mega Gengar, using Waterceus and Magearna as its defensive backbone, along with Primal Groudon as a Stealth Rock-er. To end it up, Choice Scarf Lunala gives the team a revenge-killer and a forme of Speed Control. Here's the Importable!

Deadline for submitting cores is 27th June 8pm GMT +0. Good luck!​

Last edited:

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
These kind of teams get usually beaten by pressuring the Arceus-Water. It's quite easy to get status/damage on it since its the only plausible switch-in against stuff like Ho-Oh, P-Don, Rayquaza and other Pokémon. And with that I decided to choose the Ho-Oh + Gengar core against this team. Ho-Oh is quite self explanatory. It walls like 5/6 Pokémon without getting too much damage and can hit everything quite effective in order to sweep with Mega Gengar afterwards. Looking at the team the Arceus obviously has to be Ice Beam, because of the dragon/flying weakness so Gengar can come in freely most of the time. Just include a good hazard remover and you should be fine. Alternatively you can just use Sticky Web and sweep with Lucario.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 56 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Toxic

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Nuzzle
- Taunt
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock

Zekrom @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Substitute

1. +1 252+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56 Def Groudon: 406-478 (100.4 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  2. +1 252+ Atk Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Lunala: 429-505 (103.1 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  3. +1 252+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Magearna: 343-405 (94.2 - 111.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  4. 252 SpA Choice Specs Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zekrom: 262-309 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  5. +1 252+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Yveltal: 810-954 (206.1 - 242.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  6. +1 252+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar: 583-687 (223.3 - 263.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  7. +1 252+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 248 HP / 92+ Def Arceus-Water: 560-660 (126.4 - 148.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
The calc show it All just get webs up and its Over

My core for this time is a combination of darkceus and sd rp pdon.

The presence of two ghost types makes the team weak to dark types (for which its ghost and dark resist is specs yveltal). Darkceus at +1 is able to take a few hits from each of the mons on the team (except magearna), recover from that damage and do a lot of damage to them with judgement at +1. With refresh, it is able to get rid of status spread by pdon, gengar and waterceus.

The only mon on the team which can switch in to it is magearna. Sd pdon can easily switch in to magearna, set up and sweep the rest of the team with +2 strong stab precipice blades, or can OHKO yveltal with stone edge. In short, not only does darkceus help to sweep, but also acts as bait for a magearna switch-in, giving pdon a chance to set up.
Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 104 HP / 240 Atk / 96 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Stealth rock is something which may be required in this case in order to get proper OHKOs using +2 pdon.

252 SpA Lunala Focus Blast vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 156-184 (35.2 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 8 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Shadow Shield Lunala: 432-510 (103.8 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Yveltal Hurricane vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 154-183 (34.7 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 240+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Arceus-Water: 381-448 (85.8 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 240+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Lunala: 603-709 (144.9 - 170.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 240+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Yveltal: 632-744 (160.8 - 189.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 240+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 56 Def Groudon-Primal: 696-822 (172.7 - 203.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And we all know what kind of damage it can do to gengar-mega and magearna. :D

GL to all the participants.

Last edited:
Reactions: ckw

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IMG_2887.GIF
+
IMG_2888.PNG

Sets:
Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 56 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Toxic

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 SpD
Brave Nature
-Clear Smog
-Pursuit
-Knock Off
-Shadow Sneak

This team can be easily exploited by A-Muk with both Gengar and Lunala on the team. Ho-Oh is able to also exploit Pdons lack of a rock type move as well as the lack of Judgement on Waterceus and wears down the team with Toxic. Specs Yvel can wear down this core somewhat well so be careful but if you can Knock Off the Specs it should be easier. Overall this core handles the team nicely as long as you can keep Rocks off the field which is why support Groundceus would be beneficial to the core.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)