Boiling Water: Sun Teams in UU

I really enjoyed this article. Sun isn't something I really consider for any tier, and I liked how this article gave an informed view of the playstyle's viability in the tier. One thing I was somewhat surprised by was mentions of Wish and Heal Bell but none of Healing Wish or Lunar Dance. Healing Wish and Lunar Dance combine the effects of Heal Bell and Wish, but they allow you to bring in your sweeper almost immediately, which is great for late-game. On Cresselia for example, you can run a set of Moonlight / attack move / Sunny Day / Lunar Dance, which allows you to keep your general fat-ness and weather setting abilities, but at the same time helps you keep momentum for your team. Additionally, it potentially opens up another slot on your team that would otherwise be a Wish / Heal Bell user. Other Pokemon for this role are Shaymin, Gardevoir, and hell even Pokemon like Clefairy or Lilligant.

I really enjoyed this article. Sun isn't something I really consider for any tier, and I liked how this article gave an informed view of the playstyle's viability in the tier. One thing I was somewhat surprised by was mentions of Wish and Heal Bell but none of Healing Wish or Lunar Dance. Healing Wish and Lunar Dance combine the effects of Heal Bell and Wish, but they allow you to bring in your sweeper almost immediately, which is great for late-game. On Cresselia for example, you can run a set of Moonlight / attack move / Sunny Day / Lunar Dance, which allows you to keep your general fat-ness and weather setting abilities, but at the same time helps you keep momentum for your team. Additionally, it potentially opens up another slot on your team that would otherwise be a Wish / Heal Bell user. Other Pokemon for this role are Shaymin, Gardevoir, and hell even Pokemon like Clefairy or Lilligant.
Agreed

No weather team is willing to forfeit such tremendous amounts of momentum by using Wish or Heal Bell; Healing Wish and Lunar Dance are the only practical ways of restoring HP on such momentum-dependent teams like Sun teams. Weather-based offensive teams, with the exception of Sand Balance (which is pretty much exclusive to OU), rely heavily on offensive momentum and would not function very well by being dependent on Wish or Heal Bell. I am surprised Wish or Heal Bell was not edited out before this article was posted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)