Blue Frog's Thread Spam

You said you used gimp for the first time in that manaphy piece. What were you using before?

Also the basic lighting structure looks fine. Things only sorta fall apart at the bottom where we see the shadow overlapping the hands and feet. I do like the boldness of this work.

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
You said you used gimp for the first time in that manaphy piece. What were you using before?
I was using Photoshop mostly, although I did use Paint Tool SAI for its vector tool in a couple pieces and also Sketchbook Pro way back, on an Android Tablet. On my earliest pieces I used an Android version of PS that came with the device.

Also, Happy New Year everyone! The following image has nothing to do with the occasion, just so you know.

I dislike Aromatisse's design, but I find it endearing in a way because it reminds me of the kind of person who tries way too hard to look pretty and fails at it. It's so ugly it's great. In terms of the piece itself, I like the rough lines as in the Hawlucha piece and I like the texture, although I need to figure out how to draw and shade fur better. I also probably should have refined the coloring a bit more, but I suppose it looks OK alongside the gritty linework.

Do goodm ons in LC together PLS <3333
btw its basically pawniard, murkrow, gligar and the a-rankers you can find in the lc subforum viability rankings
Also pls yamna and tangela with a red cross-out saying ban? Thanks, wow havent requested art in ages XD

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Do goodm ons in LC together PLS <3333
btw its basically pawniard, murkrow, gligar and the a-rankers you can find in the lc subforum viability rankings
Also pls yamna and tangela with a red cross-out saying ban? Thanks, wow havent requested art in ages XD
done!

first request:

I feel bad for pawniard :/

second request:

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I've been practicing portrait drawing a lot, and so I drew Ellie Goulding again to try and see if I've gotten better since the last time I posted a face here, and I think I have:

I may color and refine this more, I don't know. Plain sketching is fun though!

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
good job on your smog art and article that you wrote! very good :]
Thank you so much! It was awesome to be able to contribute to The Smog once again. I actually only did one piece this issue (for the XY RU article), seen in its full page-stretching glory right here:

I also participated in the CAP 6 Pre-evo Art Submissions, and got fourth place! I'm really happy with how it went; this is the best I've done in any CAP design poll. I'll treasure this design as the first design I submitted without getting disqualified or dead last in the polls :P

Also it appears that I have not yet posted my Secret Santa piece, so there's that:

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll be able to draw something else on my own time later.

Your Smog article was amazing, Blue Frog! I also really like the piece you drew this issue ^^

The CAP design is such a cutie

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Your Smog article was amazing, Blue Frog! I also really like the piece you drew this issue ^^

The CAP design is such a cutie
Thank you so much! I can't believe I'm getting compliments from such an amazing artist like yourself ^.^ I'd say great things about your art too, but I really have no place to start; everything you do is so mind-bogglingly incredible!

Also, I checked out the Smogon Facebook page today, and my Smog Art was the banner image! Thanks a lot to the Facebook staff for putting it up there :D Also I should thank user Bummer right now because he's been quality checking my work for the last several issues of The Smog. I really can't take full credit for the contributions I've made, since he's provided me with unbelievable critiques and advice on how to improve my drawings and my art skills in general.

I hate to bump my thread without any actual art, so here's something quick I did for Art for Articles:

Your lines and art in general are getting better, but don't be afraid to experiment once in a while with shading, form and poses. But I really love the Vivillon, it's amazing!

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Wow that tyranitar is so cute! ^-^
^.^

Your lines and art in general are getting better, but don't be afraid to experiment once in a while with shading, form and poses. But I really love the Vivillon, it's amazing!
Yeah, I've been experimenting a bit but it isn't very adventurous, mostly just shading styles and line thickness. I'm still struggling with lighting and anatomy and stuff.

Anyway, in honor of the winter season, here's an image that has absolutely nothing to do with winter at all:

It may not look like it, but this is a pretty experimental piece in itself—I used thinner lineart and gradients as part of the shading, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I like how bright the image is, and the style in general; here's another image that I used gradient shading with, my fairy type Registeel retype for the PS! art room contest:

So yeah, I'm probably going to use this style a lot more now—it's really cool to discover new techniques!

^.^

Yeah, I've been experimenting a bit but it isn't very adventurous, mostly just shading styles and line thickness. I'm still struggling with lighting and anatomy and stuff.

Anyway, in honor of the winter season, here's an image that has absolutely nothing to do with winter at all:

It may not look like it, but this is a pretty experimental piece in itself—I used thinner lineart and gradients as part of the shading, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I like how bright the image is, and the style in general; here's another image that I used gradient shading with, my fairy type Registeel retype for the PS! art room contest:

So yeah, I'm probably going to use this style a lot more now—it's really cool to discover new techniques!
That floatzel is FABULOUS! XD So is fairy-regi, very creative! :3

Blue Frog

It's lucidity. So clear!
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Here's my submission for the MAC:

Blue Frog loving the art so far! Wondering if you could draw me anything Zelda X Pokemon stuff for my Smogon Profile?
Sure! Is there anything in the image you'd want in particular? I haven't played any of the Zelda games so I'm not really sure what to draw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)