Birdytrans: idiotfrommars vs Eo

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello esteemed members of the Smogon community, I am idiotfrommars, or as seen during this warstory IFM. This was a very close battle I had with Eo during the quaterfinals of one of the Tournaments on PO. I was running a team that had been fairly successful peaking, at #1 on the Wifi ladder on the Beta Server. I was forced to retire this team due to PO’s banning of Skymin, but now that Smogon has allowed I was able to reopen this team break it out of the unsuspecting members of Smogon University. This seemed like a great opportunity to write my first warstoy so don't go to hard on me. Due to Pokemon Online does not including health percentages in the logs your going to have to go without them, but without further ado the teams and then the battle.

Mine:

Eo:

Battle between Eo and IFM started!

Tier: Standard OU
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
Rule: Self-KO Clause

IFM sent out Kyuremu!
Eo sent out Gliscor!
Kyuremu is exerting its Pressure!
IFM: well looks like this is as far as ill go
IFM: gl hf

Well this is a good match up for me as Gliscor is most likely going to switch. I hit frozen world to KO Gliscor if he decides to stay in and if he switches to lower the speed of the switch in.

Start of turn 1
Eo called Gliscor back!
Eo sent out Burungeru!

Kyuremu used Frozen World!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Burungeru lost 11% of its health!
The foe's Burungeru's Speed fell!

The foe's Burungeru restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Eo: same to you

And Eo sends in Burungeru to take the frozen world. I could hit it with shadow ball but instead I decide to switch out to my Breloom to cripple something with sleep.

Start of turn 2
IFM called Kyuremu back!
IFM sent out Breloom!

Eo called Burungeru back!
Eo sent out Nattorei!

Breloom's Toxic Orb activated!
Breloom was poisoned!

And another double switch that leaves me in a favorable position. Once again I have forced Eo into a position where he is most likely going to switch. With the new sleep mechanics a Pokemon that is asleep is as good as dead, so I use spore to cripple a member of Eo’s team.

Start of turn 3
Eo called Nattorei back!
Eo sent out Jirachi!

Breloom used Spore!
The foe's Jirachi fell asleep!

Breloom restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Jirachi decides to grace us with his presence and takes the spore from Breloom. Now I am safe to start throwing around Focus Punches that will hurt even a resist coming off of Breloom’s base 130 attack.

Start of turn 4
Breloom is tightening its focus!
Eo called Jirachi back!
Eo sent out Gliscor!

Breloom used Focus Punch!
Chispy is watching the battle.
The foe's Gliscor lost 36% of its health!

The foe's Gliscor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

I had seen Gliscor earlier in the match and should have seen this coming. Breloom is still able to deal over 1/3 damage to Gliscor but its time to make another switch. Kyuremu can take anything Gliscor can throw at it with it’s massive stats and can threaten to KO with frozen world.

Start of turn 5
IFM called Breloom back!
IFM sent out Kyuremu!

The foe's Gliscor used Earthquake!
Kyuremu lost 124 HP! (31% of its health)

And Eo predicts my switch and takes Kyuremu down to about half health taking Life Orb recoil into account. I know he isn’t going to stay in and I don’t want Life Orb to take even more of a toil on my icy dragon so I switch to my scarf skymin who can hit almost all of Eo’s team SE.

Start of turn 6
Eo called Gliscor back!
Eo sent out Burungeru!

IFM called Kyuremu back!
IFM sent out Shaymin-S!

The foe's Burungeru restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Our double switch leaves my Skymin against Burungeru who it threatens to KO. With Seed Flare’s SpD drops it can deal substantial damage to almost the entire metagame and can easily knock out Burungeru. This move seems like a no brainer so I blast off a Seed Flare hoping for hax.

Start of turn 7
Eo sent out Nattorei!

Shaymin-S used Seed Flare!
The foe's Nattorei lost 11% of its health!

The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Nattorei absorbs the Seed Flare taking pathetic damage and now Skymin is locked in. I am forced to switch and Roobushin seems like a logical so I can begin stacking Bulk Ups on Nattorei.

Start of turn 8
IFM called Shaymin-S back!
IFM sent out Roobushin!

The foe's Nattorei used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of IFM's team!

Nattorei begins setting up hazards and Roobushin can begin to setup.

Start of turn 9
Eo called Nattorei back!
Eo sent out Gliscor!

Roobushin used Bulk Up!
Roobushin's Attack rose!
Roobushin's Defense rose!

Gliscor rears it’s ugly face but it can’t do anything to Roobushin leaving me free to use Bulk up one more time.

Start of turn 10
The foe's Gliscor used Toxic!
Roobushin was poisoned!

Roobushin used Bulk Up!
Roobushin's Attack rose!
Roobushin's Defense rose!

Roobushin is hurt by poison!

GUTS ACTIVATE… leaving me with skyhigh attack. I payback which should KO the gliscor easily and will severely dent any switch in.

Start of turn 11
The foe's Gliscor used Aerial Ace!
It's super effective!
Roobushin lost 72 HP! (17% of its health)

Roobushin used Payback!
The foe's Gliscor lost 88% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!
KO
Roobushin scores the first knockout of the match leaving me up 6-5 with a Roobushin ready to blow threw Eo’s team(or will it?).

Chispy: Dem Guts
Eo sent out Burungeru!

Burungeru is back leaving me with a tough choice. Do I payback to KO Burungeru or do I predict a switch and use Drain Punch to get back my lost HP.

Start of turn 12
Eo sent out Nattorei!

Roobushin used Payback!
The foe's Nattorei lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts Roobushin

I choose Payback as it would deal damage to a switch in which is exactly what happened. Unfortunately it doesn’t do as much as I would have liked and I am left in the exact same situation as before with the toxic damage beginning to build up.

Start of turn 13
The foe's Nattorei used Protect!
The foe's Nattorei protected itself!

Roobushin used Payback!

And Nattorei unloads the passive hurt on Roobushin through Toxic damage and I am once again in a tough situation. Should I drain punch or payback?

Start of turn 14
Eo called Nattorei back!
Eo sent out Burungeru!

Roobushin used Drain Punch!
It had no effect!

Eo responds with another great prediction and now Roobushin is down to 5 HP primed to be taken out by the pringle man.

Start of turn 15
The foe's Burungeru used Boil Over!
Roobushin lost 5 HP! (1% of its health)
Roobushin fainted!
KO
IFM: well played
Eo: thanks
IFM sent out Weavile!
Weavile is hurt by spikes!

Weavile is exerting its Pressure!

I give him the compliments that he deserves and send in Weavile to trap Burungeru with Pursuit.

Start of turn 16
The foe's Burungeru is being sent back!
Weavile used Pursuit!
It's super effective!
The foe's Burungeru lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Burungeru fainted!
KO
Eo sent out Nattorei!

The other member of the Burungeru/Nattorei combo is in facing off against the ferocious Weaville. Heatran seems like a good switch into Nattorei giving me a chance to get rocks up.

Start of turn 17
IFM called Weavile back!
IFM sent out Heatran!
Heatran is floating on a balloon!

The foe's Nattorei used Leech Seed!
Heatran was seeded!

Heatran's health is sapped by leech seed.

That was not what I was expecting and I don’t want to give him a chance to get back any more HP so I switch to Breloom to threaten his Nattorei.

Start of turn 18
IFM called Heatran back!
IFM sent out Breloom!
Breloom is hurt by spikes!

But it failed!

Breloom is back in safely and can threaten Eo’s Nattorei with Mach Punch or Focus Punch.

Start of turn 19
Eo called Nattorei back!
Eo sent out Starmie!

Breloom used Mach Punch!
The foe's Starmie lost 16% of its health!

I probably should have focused punshed there, but now I am faced with a Starmie that is ready to force Breloom back out again as it most likely outspeeds and I don't want to lose breloom just yet.

Start of turn 20
Eo called Starmie back!
Eo sent out Heatran!
The foe's Heatran is floating on a balloon!

IFM called Breloom back!
IFM sent out Kyuremu!
Kyuremu is hurt by spikes!

I switched in Kyuremu who could have taken any of Starmie’s attack’s but instead am met with a Heatran. Focus Blast will hit Heatra SE and will dent any switch in so I begin to focus my Kyerumu’s sights right on Heatran’s ugly mug.

Start of turn 21
Eo called Heatran back!
Eo sent out Nattorei!

Kyuremu used Focus Blast!
The attack of Kyuremu missed!

And the focus does pay off with the Focus Blast flying well wide off it’s intended target. Now that he knows that I have focus blast I expect him to switch so I use Frozen World to cripple the switch in.

Start of turn 22
The foe's Nattorei lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei's Speed fell!

The foe's Nattorei used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of IFM's team!

Unfortunately Eo out predicts me once again and gets up another layer of spikes, reducing my capacity to switch even more. This Nattorei is beginning to piss me off so Kyuremu prepares to take it out once and for all.

Start of turn 23

RAWR RAWR RAWR… My plan is foiled by his sill protect and I am sure he will switch now, so it is once again Frozen World time.

Start of turn 24
Eo called Nattorei back!
Eo sent out Starmie!

The foe's Starmie lost 31% of its health!
The foe's Starmie's Speed fell!

Yes, I actually predicted right, and Kyuremu can now finish off Starmie with Shadowball if it decides to stay in.

Start of turn 25
Eo called Starmie back!
Eo sent out Nattorei!

Kyuremu used Shadow Ball!
The foe's Nattorei lost 11% of its health!

Chispy: Oh Curem
Chispy: You try so hard

The tryhard Kyuremu fails to do anything once again and its time to try my luck with focus blast one more time.

Start of turn 26

The foe's Nattorei used Leech Seed!
Kyuremu was seeded!

Kyuremu's health is sapped by leech seed.
The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Eo: sorry :/

BREAKING NEWS: Eo pioneers new brightpowder Nattorei set.

That didn’t go as planned but Nattorei is still within focus blast KO range and maybe my luck will be better this time.

Start of turn 27
Eo called Nattorei back!
Eo sent out Starmie!

A critical hit!
The foe's Starmie lost 51% of its health!
The foe's Starmie fainted!
Kyuremu fainted!
KO
KO
My beloved ice dragon final gets a kill but is taken out by life orb recoil leaving a very important double switch.

IFM sent out Heatran!
Heatran is floating on a balloon!

Eo sent out Heatran!
The foe's Heatran is floating on a balloon!

I send Heatran in as he is able to deal super effective damage to the rest of the team, but low and behold Eo's Heatran is staring me right in the face and both are Birdytrans.

Start of turn 28
Heatran used Dragon Pulse!
The foe's Heatran lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Heatran's Balloon popped!

The foe's Heatran used Dragon Pulse!
Heatran lost 47 HP! (14% of its health)
Heatran's Balloon popped!

I use dragon pulse to break the balloon and seeing as he also dragon pulsed he was obviously thinking the same thing. I don’t want to risk another speed tie here so I switch to my Skymin who can take out Heatran with an earth power of his own.

Start of turn 29
IFM called Heatran back!
IFM sent out Shaymin-S!

The foe's Heatran used Earth Power!
It had no effect!

Perfect! Skymin gets in safe and can now threaten to KO with earth power.

Start of turn 30
Eo called Heatran back!
Eo sent out Nattorei!

Shaymin-S used Earth Power!
The foe's Nattorei lost 22% of its health!

Nattorei still isn’t with in earth power KO range so I decide to switch back to my Heatran to put the offensive pressure back on.

Start of turn 31
IFM called Shaymin-S back!
IFM sent out Heatran!
Heatran is hurt by spikes!

Eo called Nattorei back!
Eo sent out Heatran!

And Eo reads my mind sending his Heatran back into the fray for one final battle. I choose to leave this up to chance, as even if I lose the speed tie it still gives me a chance to get Weavile in safe.

Start of turn 32
The foe's Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 183 HP! (56% of its health)
Heatran fainted!
KO
IFM sent out Weavile!
Weavile is hurt by spikes!

Weavile is exerting its Pressure!

Touche, other Heatran you have succeeded in defeating your counterpart but now you must face the wraith of Weavile.

Start of turn 33
Eo called Heatran back!
Eo sent out Nattorei!

Weavile used Low Kick!
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 63% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts Weavile

As Weavile prepare to knock the stuffing out of Heatran, Nattorei enters the battlefield to absorb the blow taking a hefty amount of damage from it.

Start of turn 34

Weavile used Low Kick!

I prepare another Low Kick as Nattorei covers behind his protect waiting for the end.

Start of turn 35
Eo called Nattorei back!
Eo sent out Jirachi!

Weavile used Low Kick!
The foe's Jirachi lost 7% of its health!

And once again he gets out of their in the nick of time switching in Jirachi to take the pathetic blow. I don’t want to give Jirachi a chance to wake up so I switch to Breloom to threaten his team.

Start of turn 36
Eo called Jirachi back!
Eo sent out Nattorei!

IFM called Weavile back!
IFM sent out Breloom!
Breloom is hurt by spikes!

Breloom restored HP using its Poison Heal!

I guess Eo isn’t going to allow Jirachi a chance to try and wake up so he switches in Nattorei once again to face off against Breloom.

Start of turn 37
Breloom is tightening its focus!
The foe's Nattorei used Power Whip!
Breloom lost 83 HP! (31% of its health)

Breloom used Focus Punch!
Breloom lost its focus!

I go for the Focus Punch here hoping he doesn’t attack, but instead he fires off a power whip severely denting Breloom.

Start of turn 38

Breloom used Mach Punch!

Mach Punch seems like the next best move as it will still deal SE damage to Nattorei it just won’t KO it, but the damn Protect gets in my way again.

Start of turn 39
Breloom used Mach Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts Breloom

The foe's Nattorei used Power Whip!
Breloom lost 87 HP! (32% of its health)

Mach Punch one more time as he power whips. Thank God he is now within Mach Punch KO range.

Start of turn 40
Breloom used Mach Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Nattorei lost 22% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts Breloom
The foe's Nattorei fainted!
KO

Finally Nattorei goes down leaving Breloom at critical health.

Eo sent out Heatran!

Start of turn 41
Breloom used Mach Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 48% of its health!

The foe's Heatran used Fire Blast!
It's super effective!
Breloom lost 149 HP! (56% of its health)
Breloom fainted!
KO

Breloom gets off once last punch before succumbing to the flames. Victory is now within my grasp all I need to do is have Skymin finish Eo off.

IFM sent out Shaymin-S!

Start of turn 42
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 36% of its health!
The foe's Heatran fainted!
KO
Earth Power FTW. Just Jirachi left.

Eo sent out Jirachi!

Start of turn 43
It's super effective!
The foe's Jirachi lost 63% of its health!

The foe's Jirachi is fast asleep!

He takes the first Earth Power but he won’t be able to survive the second.

Start of turn 44
It's super effective!
The foe's Jirachi lost 28% of its health!
The foe's Jirachi fainted!
KO
And Jirachi goes down leaving me with a 2-0 victory and a ticket into the next round. Thanks for the great game Eo!
IFM won the battle!
Eo: gg
IFM: gg

Props:
Eo’s Nattorei for walling me to death
Roobushin for being very threating
Skymin for finishing the game off
Eo’s prediction skills
Little Hax!

Slops:
Jirachi… Nuff said
My Heatran for sucking a ballsack
His Starmie for doing nothing

Rate, hate, thanks for reading.

Eh, I liked it. While the comments weren't particularly insightful, there were a lot of good double switches and predictions in general. The format was nice as well.

8/10

I enjoyed the warstory! While your comments were only slightly better than average, the level of play on both sides was pretty fantastic, your opponent especially (sorry). It seems like it's hard to find good warstories on this sub-forum so good job, 8.5/10.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for all the postive feedback! I know I need to work on my comments, but after I had this battle I just thought "I need to make this into a Warstory."

@Smith Eo played fantastically this game and I think the team advantage I had was the only reason I won, as I feel he outplayed me by quite a bit.

Once again thanks for the feedback and I will try to work on the commentary if I ever decide to write another warstory.

Not too shabby- good battle and decent insight. The comments could use a little more depth but it was otherwise very nice. Keep up the good work.

8.5/10

Nice to ee a battle by a highly ranked player. the format could have been more appealing but the battle more than made up for it. 8.5/10

Holy crap, it's a warstory with actual commentary, not just a copy and pasted log! *is in shock*

I thought that was awesome, both of you played quite well. 8.5/10! =)

P.S. This is also further proof of Focus Blast being the worst move ever, I hate it so much. >_>

There were plenty of good predictions and smart plays that kept this warstory entertaining and suspenseful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to see more of your work in the furture.

The formatting and battle itself were great. Your comments however should be more about what you're planning on doing rather than reiterating what already happened. Overall though, one of the better war stories. Your opponent was a worthy and intelligent foe. You're lucky you put his Jirachi to sleep earlier.

Wow this was pretty great.Your comments were a bit meh but holy shit there were some great predictions from both sides.You did seem to have a good team match up though...But w/e.
8.5/10.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Nice battle! As others have said, Eo outpredicted you a bit. However, you used your team advantage nicely and played solidly yourself, good warstory.

Great battle, excellent predictions for Eo who manage to defeat a guts activated ropushin by simple intelligent switching. Good Warstory, congrats both of you.

This was a pretty darn good battle. You got outpredicted in the beginning and the hax didn't go your way with all those focus blast misses, but you managed to win.

BTW, was that a choice-banded Weavile? I was surprised that Eo didn't see that pursuit coming, although I'm not sure he could have done anything else.

Great battle, my fights usually consist of "who can revenge kill the most pokemon?" so it was nice to see your thought process behind your decisions.

I thought the Heatran vs Heatran double Dragon Pulse was hilarious for some strange reason o_o"

Much better than most of the B/W Warstories out there.
Good battles, interesting teams, and a decent look into the new metagame.

8.9/10

Great battle with an okay warstory. The formatting was so-so, and even though there were plenty of comments, they didn't really explain the thought process well enough. I also really would have liked percentages or even a score, because it was hard to keep track of Nattorei or Kyuremu's health.

But even still it was a good warstory

8/10

Excellent battle. I really liked how suspenseful it was, your choice of moves and eo's predictions and your use of the ice dragon. Keep up the good work :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)