BH BH7 Suspect #1: Crystal-Free Z-Moves - Voter Identification & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, CFZ's make the metagame unbelievably unbalanced, causing many teams to have specific counters (Unaware Yveltal w/Spectral Thief and Safety Goggles, for example) for it, in order to not get run over by a team of 6 Deoxys or a Mega-Mewtwo Y. In addition, the specific move, Genesis Supernova, may need to have a look into because of its raw power, and its ability to create Psychic Terrain at the same time. This move is what greatly allows for clean sweeps if the user isn't prepared with a counter. Because of this and the lack of skill it requires, I vote BAN

Attachments

I am going to be voting BAN on CFZ because of how easily it can be abused, especially with Deoxys-A. They are not ridiculously broken until people form teams around it, using 6 Deoxys-A and the such. I found it useful as something to break walls when nothing else would, despite the limited amount of exclusive z-moves typings.

cfz.PNG

EDIT: Also, the exclusive z-moves should be allowed on any pokemon given that they have the correct crystal. (can have mewnium+psychic on deoxys to use genesis supernova)​

I made an alt and laddered to reqs in one and a half hours using deoxys-a spam. Due to that my vote is probably clear
BAN BAN BAN

EDIT: picture didnt work on my screen, idk about everyone else. Regardless here is the direct imgur link.
http://imgur.com/a/qkqdI

fuck cfz's

This is my first post on these forums in several years. Unlimited CFZ is insanely broken and I am voting ban.
Untitled.png

Though if it were an option, I would want to consider allowing exactly one CFZ per team. Just food for thought.

Zygarde-Complete @ Mental Herb
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Topsy-Turvy
- Magic Coat

Deoxys-Speed @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind

Rayquaza @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Triage
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam
- Spore
- Tail Glow

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Taunt

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Overheat
- Moongeist Beam
- Magic Coat

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- V-create
- Dragon Ascent
- Ice Hammer

My god, the Deoxys-A spam is real with CFZ's legal, especially when combined with Leppa-Harvest, Comatose, and other prominent abilities/combos.

It's creating an unhealthy meta-game that's only really serving to cause rage then promote strategy.

Stance - Ban

proof: https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/19/59/67/20/screen10.jpg

I feel that there are plus and minus about CFZ. True, they are high powered, but without the leppa, they can be only used once. Including a move that can only be used once sure takes up a spot in the four moves. There are also some pokemon that can tank the CFZs, such as Registeel, Giratina-A and Zygarde-Complete. However, with the leppa/multiple pokemon with CFZs, it becomes very hard for even those tanks to take multiple hits. So, my verdict is:
If leppa is banned and only one pokemon has CFZ: do not ban
If leppa is not banned or multiple pokemon can have CFZ: ban

Last edited:
I got reqs again on SuperSkylake if anyone wants to check. I can't produce a reliable screenshot. But no one's hacked m account, I'm sure of it.

Illusio

Bold and Brash

I'm probably going to vote ban, since there's very little risk involved and easy reward (much like the team I got reqs with below: feel free to use it)

bob (Groudon-Primal) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- Dragon Tail
- King's Shield

bob (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Transform
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail

johnny (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail

sally (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Roar
- King's Shield
- Thief

johnny (Groudon-Primal) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Assist
- Circle Throw
- King's Shield
- Thief

fred (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Whirlwind
- Thousand Arrows
- King's Shield

Thanks to aesf for the original team! but seriously ban Assist this shit's just as OP as it was last gen

Last edited:
Got reqs, wading through the sea of deoxys.
Reqs 3.JPG

Also accidentally did the same on an alt.
Reqs 4.JPG

The CFZ are simply broken. I have lost so many giratina to random attackers with soul stealing strike or yveltal to 10M-pikacrit. Surefire counters turn into guessing games and chansey is somehow not quite tanky enough to scout it all. Deo-a spam is just the tip of the iceberg, and a very sharp but fragile tip at that.

Em

formerly Based Sexy Pants

Shoutouts to aki0s for the amazing team, and for being such a nice guy.
I'mma say ban CFZ's because they are simply too powerful, especially Genesis Supernova, but honourable mentions to that Electric one, and Oceanic Operetta. I'm assuming everyone knows why Genesis Supernova is broken, so I won't go too into detail about it. The power it grants Pokemon like Deo-A and MMY is ridiculous, and inhibits a healthy tier from fully functioning.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Friendly Reminder: One day left for getting reqs.

Please provide proof of reqs AND proof of ownership of the alt.

Recall:
Some important notes:
Congratulations on those who met reqs. Make sure to note that providing an image to your rank is good but you also need to provide proof that it's your alt, if it's not your smogon name. Make sure to edit it in by the deadline.
Some good examples:
1 2 3
I would greatly prefer if you use image hosters instead of links that I have to go and then download images of your rank from.
If you do not provide proof of ownership in an easily accessible way or your image is not clear, your proof will not be qualified to be able to vote.
Another example:
didn't need deoA spam nubs :^)
Make use of the little image button in the toolbar when making/editing your post.
To make things even easier for you I have included who should fix their proofs accordingly to show proof of ownership and/or fix their image:
GLIIISSCCOOORRR9 : proof of ownership (plus i'd like if you put a screenshot of the actual COIL if you can)
TheAzumaKiller : proof of ownership
arqto : proof of ownership
Blackoblivion : proof of ownership
Thanks and good luck.
Voting will likely begin soon afterwards, so keep a lookout for the official vote thread.

NabboCheTesta

Gniubbo come sempre
here you go
Cattura.PNG

after getting a decent feeling of the meta, I just started playing gimmicky teams, so my elo sucks. COIL is still good tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)