Battle Tree Discussion and Records

It took far too long. Too many months of retarded AI, horrible matchups, and just plain bad plays. I had thought it was impossible, a fool's dream made by Trollfreak to make people like me suffer in hell. Time and again, i would go scout for new AI partners, only for them to make the stupidest mistakes, to screw me over at the last possible moment like Cynthia, or to just plain sabotage me from the start like Anabel. It had gotten to the point where I started to believe that the better the mon being used, the dumber it was going to play.

But at long last... I cleared Super Multis and got my stamp run, and got cut short at match 58, just below the cutoff mark to get on the leaderboards. (Because this game hates me)

Politoed @Fightinium Z
Modest 252 HP/252 SpA
Scald
Focus Blast
Protect
Ice Beam

Sharpedo @Sharpedonite
Adamant 252 Speed/ 252 Attack
Crunch
Waterfall
Protect
Psychic Fangs

Ace Trainer Levi

Rotom-W 4
Thunder
Hydro Pump
Will-o-wisp
Shadow Ball

Charizard-Y 3
Heat Wave
Solar Beam
Air Slash
Focus Blast

The team looks a little weird, but the logic for the leads is simple: Provide rain for Rotom-W to hit as hard as possible, and have 100% accurate Thunders to spam if possible. This helps alleviate the pressure from Politoed, while Poli can nuke the likes of Ferrothorn and Tangrowth, which Rotom-W struggles against. Protect helps me scout what might happen, and has been useful to block incoming Giga Impacts and thunder attacks, giving Rotom-W a free hit.

The backlines is where things get a little wonky. Sharpedo obviously benefits from the rain, and can make easy work of TR setters in the back (Frontliners tend to get double teamed by Poli and Rotom-W)Megazard Y with the sun is more helpful than one might imagine, as it makes Sharpedo much more safe from Thunder spammers, and prevents it from being outsped by swift swimmers like Ludicolo and Kingdra. Protect on Sharpedo is mandatory for getting off the speed boost, and Psychic Fangs gets rid of poison types and fighting types that I otherwise have to rely on Charizard's less than perfect accuracy to deal with.

Now I know you might be thinking, "Well, your partners are running inaccurate moves, so no wonder you lost before 60." But that actually wasn't the cause of my demise. But first...

J3HG-WWWW-WWW6-VJA9

the match against Red and Blue went rather well. Snorlax 4 is annoying to deal with, but I decided to leave it alone since it couldn't do much back when burned, and focused on Blue's team instead. All Out Pummeling was very helpful, allowing Politoed to pick up kills it otherwise couldn't in one turn, like Megatar boosted by sand. By the time Blue's lineup was down, Snorlax was nearly dead, and CharizardY cleaned up shop, with Politoed sitting on the sidelines watching.

QXEG-WWWW-WWW6-VJAC

Now, here is the match I lost in. I protected to scout out the Raikou, and when I saw how little damage it did, I knew it was Raikou-2, which made me happy... until I saw Carracoasta outspeed Rotom and flinch it with a rock slide. Thankfully, it died next turn, but Raikou surviving the All Out Pummeling (which was meant for Carracoasta in the event Rotom was flinched again or did something stupid) was unfortunate, as was the Ludicolo in the backline. Politoed died, and I was left with a horrible choice: Either try to go for the double protect and hope the Ludicolo perishes by Rotom's hands, attack the Ludicolo and pray I kill it, then hope Charge beam missed, or attack Raikou, and get mauled by Ludicolo. I chose option 3, since I realized Crunch on Ludi wouldn't kill it, and Sharpedo died from Giga drain. Once Tornadus used double team, and then got the confusion on Charizard, I knew it was over. It was the worst possible matchup, and nothing we could have done would have gotten us out of there alive.

Still, it feels great to finally get that stamp for Super Multi. Maybe I'll try for the leaderboard again, but not anytime soon... I'm drained.

Is there an issue with Slowbronite? I have it but Battle Tree is not allowing me to use it. I've tried restarting my game, taking Slowbro out of the battle box and putting him back in. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Is there an issue with Slowbronite? I have it but Battle Tree is not allowing me to use it. I've tried restarting my game, taking Slowbro out of the battle box and putting him back in. Any suggestions would be wonderful.
I've used it without any problems.

It's just
That's really odd. You're able to do it normally with other stones but not that one?
Yes. This is the first time I've encountered this problem. I tried switching battle boxes, changing the order of my pokemon. Equipping and replacing the mega stone but nothing has worked yet. Even google doesn't have an answer for me.

It's just

Yes. This is the first time I've encountered this problem. I tried switching battle boxes, changing the order of my pokemon. Equipping and replacing the mega stone but nothing has worked yet. Even google doesn't have an answer for me.
Is there anything unusual about the Slowbro?

Hi Everyone, Silvernickel here, wanted to share my team with you all, current streak is 153 wins for Battle Tree's Super Doubles
Credits to Josh C's Arcanine from Super doubles
Credits to Lazskini's Tapu Fini from Super singles

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
Modest 252 sp atk/ 252 speed / 4 hp
Scald
Ice Beam
Moonblast
Grass Knot

Kartana @ Focus sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly 252 Attack/252 Speed/ 4 sp def
Leaf Blade
Smart Strike
Sacred Sword
Protect

Salamence (M) ("Chaos") @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly 252 attack / 252 Speed / 4 sp def
Double Edge
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Protect

Arcanine (M) ("Cain") @Firium-Z
Modest Nature
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EVs: 228 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 20 SpD / 68 Spe
- Burn Up
- Snarl
- Protect
- Helping Hand

The main idea for this team is "Bait Kartana". AI's have a tendency to target something that they can kill on that turn, hence all Fire types are almost always targets Kartana first, giving free turn for Tapu Fini to deal damage the first turn. Kartana is essentially FEAR Aron that can fight back. Since Tapu Fini can move the 1st turn with choice scarf (assuming the opponent doesn't outspeed Fini), and with Kartana's good speed, usually we can defeat something and giving Kartana with that free attack boost, for example Moonblast on Mega-Latios and finishing it off with Smart strike.

An example on how to use this team; When the AI use fire types, predict a Fire move on Kartana and use Protect, Fini can check which one is a threat, proceed to either attack the fire type or attack the other one, and just simply switch Kartana to Arcanine. Sometimes double switching can be useful. For example Switching Tapu Fini into Salamence, predicting Leaf storm from Serperior, and switching Kartana to Arcanine from a Fire blasting Magmortar.

I replaced Toxic with Snarl for the extra damage and support so its not a complete Taunt bait or shut down from Flash Fire and Fire resist mons, plus the -1 special attack reduction is somewhat beneficial. Replaced Sitrus Berry with Firium-Z so that Arcanine can attack twice and also piercing through Protects.

I was mix-matching different Pokemons for a while and when i made this team i wasn't sure i would get this far but i did with relative ease too. There were only 2 close calls and both is because i predict wrong, Kartana protects and losing a turn as both enemies targets Tapu Fini, for example predicting an Overheat from Rotom-Fire but it Electrium-Z at Tapu Fini instead.

There are some threats that i would share if you decided to try this team out.
-Mega-Sceptile: This thing outspeeds Tapu Fini and usually ohko with Leafblade, also carries Earthquake. Switch Fini into Salamence. Kartana can either attack Sceptile or Protect against incoming fire move(I once had to fight Mega Sceptile and Emboar). Mega Mence ohko Sceptile while Kartana switches to Arcanine.
-Mega-Venusaur; usually will try to use Substitute or Sludge Bomb Tapu Fini, depending on the situation, either switch to Mega Salamence, or just focus the other one and give Kartana free boost. Kill Mega Venusaur later
-Garchomp; Usually carries Choice Scarf and Fire fang on kartana, best to use Protect and Ice Beam this thing.
-Rotom-Fire: This one is tricky, it can either carry Electrium-Z or Firium-Z. Either Scald and Protect or Scald and Switch to Arcanine.
-Fire Types: 1st turn Kartana Protects, Fini Scald them once. If Kartana can KO it, do so or simply switch to Arcanine. If the fire type move cant induce burn (Overheat), you can switch to Mega Mence
-Milotic: Usually targets Kartana with Ice beam, decide to either protect or Moonblast + Leaf Blade
-Virizion: Since Kartana outspeeds it by one, Ice beam + Smart strike for that free boost, otherwise Moonblast to ohko it. Some set it doesnt KO from Moonblast, just Moonblast + Smart strike.
-Terrakion: Leaf Blade ohko it
-Mega Charizard-Y: Scald it while Kartana Protects, Scald again while Kartana Switches to Arcanine. Note that if Fini faints solar beam, Mega Salamence outspeeds it.
-Infernape: this monkey carries Fake out and focus sash, most likely flare blitz on Kartana. Protect and switch is usually the answer.
-Slowbro/Mega Slowbro: Moonblast + Leaf Blade to shut it down before Trick room

Thank you for reading. This is a really good team for BP farming imo. I tried Josh C's team and failed miserably. Although i do acknowledge how wonderful this Arcanine is. So kudos Josh C on that amazing 1000 streak win and everyone else for the nice streaks.
Feel free to copy this team, i hope it helps you the way they helped me. I'll try to get more streaks and update everyone where this team will take me.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just broke the 100s for the first time in Doubles, and still going!

The team I've been using:

Mawile @ Mawilite
Brave Nature
Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Play Rough
Sucker Punch
Protect
Iron Head

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Atk / 92 SpD
Fake Out
Drain Punch
Knock Off
Ice Punch

Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpA
Hydro Pump
Protect
Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Relaxed Nature
Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Trick Room
Psychic
Ice Beam
Helping Hand

The starting lead is Cresselia+Scrafty, which will setup Trick Room. Then Scrafty proceeds to Knock Off opposing items or get kills with Helping Hand boost. If Cresselia is threatened, going for a switch is safer, but usually I found that the most promising strategy is just to double target everything until there's a X vs 1 situation.

For now the most troublesome teams/pokemons were bulky grass types, which I can't OHKO in any way, but when they are 1 against 2-3 of my pokemons, they usually die anyway lol.
I risked a lot against a Toxic-Rest-Stockpile Weezing that didn't want to die lol. Probably running Taunt on Scrafty (and changing AV to something else) might be worth a try.

Some replays if you are curious:

53rd: H6UG-WWWW-WWW7-WXNS
Here I went against a full legendary team. The thing I was angry about here was M-Mawile missing Iron Head (100% acc) on Cresselia. I then realized that there's that item which lowers accuracy of opposing moves when being targeted. ... >_>

82nd: ECUW-WWWW-WWW7-WXZ8
This is the fight where I thought I could lose (against that almost-unkillable Weezing).

100th: YTJG-WWWW-WWW7-WXNK
Went against Mirton (the black haired emo guy) which had a full Dark Team, so Scrafty put in a lot of work lol.

I'll keep you updated! :)

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The video wouldn't help in this regard...did you purchase the Mega Stone in you game or receive it via a trade?

So I bred the Slowbro (3 of them leveled together for 3 games) from a HA Slowpoke in a love ball I got on wondertrade. I've tried all 3 of them using a Slowbronite I bought from within the game vendor. It just doesn't give me the option to mega evolve.

When's the earliest any of you guys ever run into Anabel? I want to scout her so I can use her for Multi Battles, but I've never seen her.

Edit: And is it assumed that the Battle Tree Pokemon aren't PP Up'd?

Last edited:

Smuckem

When's the earliest any of you guys ever run into Anabel? I want to scout her so I can use her for Multi Battles, but I've never seen her.

Edit: And is it assumed that the Battle Tree Pokemon aren't PP Up'd?
I've gotten her at Battle #10, a couple of times. I'm assuming you know to finish the UB hunts (minus Necrozma) before you can see her in the Tree.

They are not.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And we're up to date again. Getting close to having to split the doubles and singles streaks into separate posts, we've got so many new teams. Good show! (And makes me very glad I reserved an extra post when I created the thread.)

Continued good luck with the streaks, all. Don't lose to an Azumarill! :P

Team:

Charjabug (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battery
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 118 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 28 SpA
- String Shot
- Iron Defense
- Bug Bite
- Protect

164/102/143/66/113/56

One of the main focuses of my team, and one of my leads. Once I learned about Battery, I really wanted to find a way to take advantage of it. EV Spread is kinda unique, I believe that it was EV'd to take a max Marowak-A Flare Blitz in rain, I don't really remember. I made that spread when I was messing around with Charjabug being in VGC. Eviolite helps increase the overall bulk of Charjabug

String Shot was meant to help slow down threats to the rest of my team, but I hardly ever used it. Electroweb is another option, but I bred this prior to Bank was released, and I didn't want to breed another one at the time. Iron Defense ended up being a waste, again a leftover from my VGC planning. I considered changing it to Substitute with a slight EV modification to get to an HP stat of 163, so I can get 4 Subs and have 1 HP left. Bug Bite was definitely my most used move, primarily eating away the Super Effective and Healing Berries that I noticed so many of the Pokemon carried. Gave Charjabug many random stat boosts from things like Liechi Berries and healing from Sitrus Berries. Taking away the Super Effective Berries also allowed my other lead, Porygon-Z, to get away with a much nicer sweep. Protect worked nicely for stalling and protecting itself from things like my Krookodile's Earthquake.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 6 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Conversion

161/79/90/187/95/156

My other lead, and primary sweeper. Abuses Battery, Adaptability abuses STAB even better, and Z-Conversion gives it an even bigger boost on power. EV Spread is pretty basic, to hit hard and hit fast.

Moves weren't too hard for me to decide. Shadow Ball for a decently good STAB after Z-Conversion, with the bonus of being immune to Fighting moves that commonly target Porygon-Z Turn 1. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam provide the standard BoltBeam coverage, and is almost never reduced in damage from things like various berries thanks to Bug Bite.

Salamence (M) @ Salamencite
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Tailwind Protect

171/126/100/178/100/152

Backup sweeper and another abuser of Battery. Intimidate is a great help at weakening anything that Salamence has to come in on, since it is usually switched in once on of the leads faints. Again, basic spread, could probably be optimized better.

Hyper Voice gives a nice spread attack, good coverage, Battery boosted, STAB. Dragon Pulse is another STAB move and is good for some things that resist Flying. Flamethrower is primarily to hit Steels that resist the other two moves. Tailwind was never used in my run, since Salamence usually could spend it's time better by hitting things. Probably would replace it with Protect, but I don't really want to breed up another one since I don't want to lose out on Tailwind on this Salamence.

Due to flight, Salamence also pairs well with Krookodile, with double spread attacks of Hyper Voice and Earthquake, walled only by Steel/Flying types, if I remember correctly. Double Intimidate from the two is also really nice, basically destroying the physical strength of the opponents.

Krookodile (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 18 SpA
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break

170/185/101/71/90/144

Final sweeper and balances out the team with a physical attacker. Choice Scarf because I wanted something really speedy on the team, although I am thinking about changing it to a Jolly Life Orb set. Intimidate really helps with switching in, although it's really frail, often getting OHKO'd.

Earthquake gives a STAB spread move, and Rock Slide makes a pseudo EdgeQuake combo of spread attacks. Crunch is a secondary STAB attack, and Brick Break helps round out the coverage.

Replaced with Aegislash

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

167/55/170/112/171/58

Sort of a Trick Room counter and switch in for Salamence. Shadow Ball and Flash Cannon are basic STABs, and lets Aegislash not worry about Intimidate. Wide Guard works greatly against Rock Slide and Earthquakes, letting me protect what is usually Salamence while it tears through teams. King's Shield changes Aegislash back to Shield Form, letting it take hits it weakening opponents. Weakness Policy was originally just thrown on there with no real reason, but it has come in handy when taking a hit, then countering back the same turn for a KO.

Threats

To be honest, at this run, I try to guess which Pokemon had what set, so I have no real clue as to what the threats to this team are. But, I do recognize these:

Ice-Types: With two weaknesses to Ice, these Pokemon can get a little bit scary, as they are generally able to one shot either Salamence or Krookodile. Unless I can one shot them myself the turn they come in, something on my side will probably go down. They are frail though, so most things can one shot them.

Rock-Types: Similar to the Ice situation, but slightly more tolerable because Krookodile can deal with it better. Plus, Porygon-Z often can cover many of the Rock types due to either a secondary typing or a lower Special Defense. Charjabug is also sometimes able to take a Rock attack thanks to it's bulk.

Both of these threats, while still bad, are now better thanks to Aegislash.

Things faster than Porygon-Z: While not the biggest issue, it just makes it a lot harder for Porygon-Z to set up properly while surviving a potential double target, something that it can sometimes do thanks to the added bulk from Z-Conversion.

New Threats:

Dark-Types: I really don't like leads carrying a Dark type move, as a Z-Conversion can put Porygon-Z at risk. Dark types in general I'm not a fan of, with the addition of Aegislash. I can generally take them, but I have nothing to hit them super effectively besides Charjabug.

Lead Thunder Wave: Always targets Porygon-Z, always slowing it down and risking paralysis. Just not a fan of hoping for the best.

Team Problems:

EV Spreads aren't optimized at all, and I don't really like my weakness to Ice. Currently considering a change of Krookodile to a Special Aegislash, but it then makes Fire Types an issue. I'm also not a big fan of a Choice item, so I really want to get rid of it. Tapu Lele has potential, but at the moment, I don't have one ready to use, otherwise it might take Porygon-Z's spot, opening up the Z Crystal again.

Final Notes:

Issues aside, I really liked this team. Clearly, based on my explanations, I think it's pretty clear that I'm really happy with Charjabug, and I think I'm gonna try out the Aegislash for my next run, with everything else the exact same, more or less.

Another 54 win run (Ugh...), just because I didn't want to risk a potential Critical Hit Earthquake. I doubt it's the AI adjusting, but an odd play by the AI did cost me the game, though it was mostly a misplay on my part.

Battles:

Battle 20: NK7W-WWWW-WWW7-WPAJ

Porygon-Z gets taken down early, but a little AI abuse with Wide Guard Aegislash slows Cynthia down to a crawl (literally), giving me a relatively easy game. I switch out Salamence when Milotic shows up in fear of an Ice Beam, but it Blizzards instead, allowing me to switch back in and keep Wide Guarding.

Battle 41: Couldn't be made public for some reason. Used Entrainment Durant, Choice Scarf Rotom-Fan, Icium Z Sandslash-A, and Toxic Orb Breloom. I'll try an upload the battle in the meantime.

Nothing too special to be honest, I just found it surprising that Durant would Entrainment it's own teammate (Rotom-Fan) Turn 1.

Battle 48: CNXG-WWWW-WWW7-WPBD

The Trick Room threat was really big here, right from the lead, so I didn't Z-Conversion, which might have been a bad idea. I double target Jellicent because I don't want Trick Room up, but it attacks instead, taking an unnecessary risk. Jellicent does go down next turn, but so does Porygon-Z. Then, Aromatisee comes in. Aromatic Mist Aromatisee, Fire Blast Audino, and Trick Room almost ruin my game. I finally do a decent amount of damage to Audino, but then Aromatisee Heal Pulses Audino and it gets a Z-Fire Blast on Aegislash, destroying it. Salamence is forced to come in, and Hyper Voice takes out the Aromatisee, revealing the Trevanent in the back, on the last turn of Trick Room. With the damage I was at, Shadow Ball + Hyper Voice was almost definitely a KO, but the AI misplays and Yawns me instead, giving me a win. Weird behavior. This battle is what finally convinced me to switch out Tailwind for Protect, and I did so right after this battle. Would have save me so much unnecessary grief.

Battle 49: BXRG-WWWW-WWW7-WPBT

Just a good game I liked. +4 Virizion Leaf Blade can't KO +1 Porygon-Z, somehow.

Battle 50: GY3W-WWWW-WWW7-WPC7

Exeggutor wasn't an issue, I knew Charjabug could chunk it badly, if not OHKO it. Tailwind proved to be a big issue, as I couldn't outspeed then. However, String Shot came in really handy, slowing them down enough that even in Tailwind, Salamence could outspeed Mega Pidgeot and Aerodactyl and take them out. A little AI trickery against the double priority into Charjabug worked out pretty nicely, and I get my 50 BP.

Battle 51: 6QAW-WWWW-WWW7-WPCL

More Wide Guarding. This time let Charjabug take down a Mega Latios, something that's cool to imagine.

Battle 55: L22G-WWWW-WWW7-WPCR
(Loss)

I liked everything I did in this game until the end. Landorus explodes itself and Entei, while doing nothing to Charjabug and Porygon-Z due to Protect and Z-Conversion. Heatran is much harder to hit with the Pokemon I have in the back, so it gets the Shadow Ball. Then, I mess up. Several times. Both at low HP, I let Charjabug and Salamence go down to a Rock Slide, thinking that Aegislash can 1v1 Terrakion due to AI wanting to hit super effectively. With Wide Guard, Aegislash can block every Earthquake, PP Stalling before taking out Terrakion. I check that an Earthquake has a roll in Terrakion's favor to OHKO Aegislash at +2, making this my only real play. However, AI messes me up, Swords Dancing up to +4 on one of my early Wide Guard turns, now guaranteeing the OHKO. I try to use King's Shield on my last turn, hoping to stall out the last Earthquake, it fails, and I lose.

At first I thought that Aegislash can always live a +2 Earthquake, but that was under the Doubles setting. In Singles, Terrakion has a 75% chance to OHKO. What I should have done is Protect Salamence on it's last turn, sacrifice Aegislash, the Wide Guard + Hyper Voice for the win

Gah, so many odd AI decisions. Another one that I didn't save was against Wally. Altaria + Magnezone vs Aegislash + something, if anything. Altaria has Earthquake, but never used it until Magnezone went down. Smart.

Team worked out just fine for me, really enjoyed it. Mainly making this post to show updates to my team and maybe helping out with AI mechanics, if these aren't already known. Totally not a rage rant.

So I bred the Slowbro (3 of them leveled together for 3 games) from a HA Slowpoke in a love ball I got on wondertrade. I've tried all 3 of them using a Slowbronite I bought from within the game vendor. It just doesn't give me the option to mega evolve.
This might be a silly question, and borderline better for a PM, but is this the only Pokémon you've tried to mega evolve? I only ask because it's possible to skip the event where Dexio gives you the Key Stone. Check to make sure you have that.

This might be a silly question, and borderline better for a PM, but is this the only Pokémon you've tried to mega evolve? I only ask because it's possible to skip the event where Dexio gives you the Key Stone. Check to make sure you have that.

That's exactly what I did. I have both Moon and Sun and I went straight to battle tree and skipped the Dexio event on my Sun cartridge. I'm an idiot. Thanks for the help :)

Smuckem

Another 54 win run (Ugh...), just because I didn't want to risk a potential Critical Hit Earthquake. I doubt it's the AI adjusting, but an odd play by the AI did cost me the game, though it was mostly a misplay on my part.

Battles:

Battle 20: NK7W-WWWW-WWW7-WPAJ

Porygon-Z gets taken down early, but a little AI abuse with Wide Guard Aegislash slows Cynthia down to a crawl (literally), giving me a relatively easy game. I switch out Salamence when Milotic shows up in fear of an Ice Beam, but it Blizzards instead, allowing me to switch back in and keep Wide Guarding.

Battle 41: Couldn't be made public for some reason. Used Entrainment Durant, Choice Scarf Rotom-Fan, Icium Z Sandslash-A, and Toxic Orb Breloom. I'll try an upload the battle in the meantime.

Nothing too special to be honest, I just found it surprising that Durant would Entrainment it's own teammate (Rotom-Fan) Turn 1.

Battle 48: CNXG-WWWW-WWW7-WPBD

The Trick Room threat was really big here, right from the lead, so I didn't Z-Conversion, which might have been a bad idea. I double target Jellicent because I don't want Trick Room up, but it attacks instead, taking an unnecessary risk. Jellicent does go down next turn, but so does Porygon-Z. Then, Aromatisee comes in. Aromatic Mist Aromatisee, Fire Blast Audino, and Trick Room almost ruin my game. I finally do a decent amount of damage to Audino, but then Aromatisee Heal Pulses Audino and it gets a Z-Fire Blast on Aegislash, destroying it. Salamence is forced to come in, and Hyper Voice takes out the Aromatisee, revealing the Trevanent in the back, on the last turn of Trick Room. With the damage I was at, Shadow Ball + Hyper Voice was almost definitely a KO, but the AI misplays and Yawns me instead, giving me a win. Weird behavior. This battle is what finally convinced me to switch out Tailwind for Protect, and I did so right after this battle. Would have save me so much unnecessary grief.

Battle 49: BXRG-WWWW-WWW7-WPBT

Just a good game I liked. +4 Virizion Leaf Blade can't KO +1 Porygon-Z, somehow.

Battle 50: GY3W-WWWW-WWW7-WPC7

Exeggutor wasn't an issue, I knew Charjabug could chunk it badly, if not OHKO it. Tailwind proved to be a big issue, as I couldn't outspeed then. However, String Shot came in really handy, slowing them down enough that even in Tailwind, Salamence could outspeed Mega Pidgeot and Aerodactyl and take them out. A little AI trickery against the double priority into Charjabug worked out pretty nicely, and I get my 50 BP.

Battle 51: 6QAW-WWWW-WWW7-WPCL

More Wide Guarding. This time let Charjabug take down a Mega Latios, something that's cool to imagine.

Battle 55: L22G-WWWW-WWW7-WPCR (Loss)

I liked everything I did in this game until the end. Landorus explodes itself and Entei, while doing nothing to Charjabug and Porygon-Z due to Protect and Z-Conversion. Heatran is much harder to hit with the Pokemon I have in the back, so it gets the Shadow Ball. Then, I mess up. Several times. Both at low HP, I let Charjabug and Salamence go down to a Rock Slide, thinking that Aegislash can 1v1 Terrakion due to AI wanting to hit super effectively. With Wide Guard, Aegislash can block every Earthquake, PP Stalling before taking out Terrakion. I check that an Earthquake has a roll in Terrakion's favor to OHKO Aegislash at +2, making this my only real play. However, AI messes me up, Swords Dancing up to +4 on one of my early Wide Guard turns, now guaranteeing the OHKO. I try to use King's Shield on my last turn, hoping to stall out the last Earthquake, it fails, and I lose.

At first I thought that Aegislash can always live a +2 Earthquake, but that was under the Doubles setting. In Singles, Terrakion has a 75% chance to OHKO. What I should have done is Protect Salamence on it's last turn, sacrifice Aegislash, the Wide Guard + Hyper Voice for the win

Gah, so many odd AI decisions. Another one that I didn't save was against Wally. Altaria + Magnezone vs Aegislash + something, if anything. Altaria has Earthquake, but never used it until Magnezone went down. Smart.

Team worked out just fine for me, really enjoyed it. Mainly making this post to show updates to my team and maybe helping out with AI mechanics, if these aren't already known. Totally not a rage rant.
I'm kinda interested to see how this team progresses (I'm assuming atm that you won't be satisfied with the Aegislash and will keep moving that fourth slot around for the perfect teammate). With that in mind, and in an effort to motivate you to keep pushing forward (whether with this team or with another), I hereby issue a friendly challenge...

Doobzi's Doubles stamp run team

I've mentioned using a reasonably close copy of this team a few times (Thunder Fang-->Crunch, standard 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe spread on Arcanine), but have never really found too much success with it since getting my Doubles stamp. I have used it mainly as a test team for Mock Replays of other Trainers' Battle Videos. Now, for whatever reason, I decided to give it another shot today, and it is now holding a new best of 55 wins.

I personally believe that your team is better equipped to handle extended Tree runs than this one:
- Battery-based teams are more flexible in dealing with a wider variety of opposing archetypes and lead matchups than those based around the KokoChu lead core; the latter is more matchup-dependent to succeed
- While the latter is better at preventing Trick Room from getting set, the former is better at withstanding it once it does set
- Bulkier overall, and I'm a strong advocate of having at least one clearly bulky, defensively-oriented mon for Doubles

Since your Doubles best is currently sitting at 54, I will place my new best with the team I've affection ally named 'Doobs' here, as a goal for you to beat, hopefully with Charjabug still in tow:

Battle #55, vs. Dustin (Manectric3/Incineroar3/Gyarados3/Salamence?) -- Stupid Meganectric tries to interrupt this team's usual strategy, but that's why the KokoChu has coverage...
FSMG-WWWW-WWW7-2XPS

Whether you accept or not, good luck and good fortune with your cool team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)