Battle of ??? (you pick!) Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new to wifi. I would like to participate in this tournament and my vote goes to sinnoh but when is this tournament starting and where will we find the matchups? Also, how do you send someone a private message?

Last edited:

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
aniravjain , welcome, and thanks for signing up!

to send a private message, click the users name under their avatar and hit "start a conversation". you can also search the user's name in the search box on the top right. scroll all the way down and you will see the list of users, and then follow the same directions for clicking the name/starting convo.

soon, i will post a thread called "Battle of Sinnoh Round 1". there you will see your opponent and be able to PM them and set up a time for your battle. if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and ill gladly point you in the right direction.

aniravjain , welcome, and thanks for signing up!

to send a private message, click the users name under their avatar and hit "start a conversation". you can also search the user's name in the search box on the top right. scroll all the way down and you will see the list of users, and then follow the same directions for clicking the name/starting convo.

soon, i will post a thread called "Battle of Sinnoh Round 1". there you will see your opponent and be able to PM them and set up a time for your battle. if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and ill gladly point you in the right direction.
alright thank you :)

Last edited:
sadly yes :( haha this should be very fun though. sinnoh arguably has the best competitive mons
Sinnoh does have some very good competitve mons (dont all the regions do?) Honestly wouldve been happy with any other region besides sinnoh, since i chose sinnoh in locoghouls monogen tourney

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
Sinnoh does have some very good competitve mons (dont all the regions do?) Honestly wouldve been happy with any other region besides sinnoh, since i chose sinnoh in locoghouls monogen tourney
i really wouldve liked kalos because it would be so chaotic. unova was my second choice (for the same reason as you not wanting sinnoh)

i really wouldve liked kalos because it would be so chaotic. unova was my second choice (for the same reason as you not wanting sinnoh)
True it wouldve been very chaotic (like u said with avalugg being the only rapid spinner) the only good thing that came out of this is i have a ton of sinnoh BR mons lol

Well, this is unfortunate for me, seeing as sinnoh has no rappid spinners and very few defoging pokemon that can be gotten outside of pokebank, which I don't have atm. It's gunna be a rough ride :/.

Just a quick question regarding the rules. You said that if a pokemon evolves in a later gen, we could use the fully evolved form in the gen that its base form was introduced. You used the example of togekiss being used in Johto because that's when togepi was introduced. Is the reverse of that true? For example, can I use snorlax in a sinnoh battle because his pre-evolution was introduced in gen 4. Pretty sure the answer is yes, but I want to be absolutely sure.

Is it too late to join this? If not, I'd like to participate.

FC: 3926-5258-7103
IGN (AS): Riku

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
Just a quick question regarding the rules. You said that if a pokemon evolves in a later gen, we could use the fully evolved form in the gen that its base form was introduced. You used the example of togekiss being used in Johto because that's when togepi was introduced. Is the reverse of that true? For example, can I use snorlax in a sinnoh battle because his pre-evolution was introduced in gen 4. Pretty sure the answer is yes, but I want to be absolutely sure.
yes, snorlax is okay to use.
Is it too late to join this? If not, I'd like to participate.

FC: 3926-5258-7103
IGN (AS): Riku
since we are at 16 people, i will put you as a substitute. if anyone drops out at any point up until semifinals, you will get to replace them.

Well, this is unfortunate for me, seeing as sinnoh has no rappid spinners and very few defoging pokemon that can be gotten outside of pokebank, which I don't have atm. It's gunna be a rough ride :/.
There is Magic Coat all over the place. Also Defog Pelipper, Mantine, Yanmega, Tropius, Empoleon, Togekiss and Staraptor (bulky raptor ftw).

I would have chosen Kalos if I had joined.

There is Magic Coat all over the place. Also Defog Pelipper, Mantine, Yanmega, Tropius, Empoleon, Togekiss and Staraptor (bulky raptor ftw).

I would have chosen Kalos if I had joined.
The thing is that I said outside of using pokebank, which I don't have atm. All those defoging options only work if you transfer something that learned the move via hm and used it, or if you breed a pokemon with something that that learned the move with the hm and get it as an egg move. I'll grant you the point of magic coat though. Kinda forgot that was a thing.

Last edited:
I have another question, this time regarding the evolution/pre-evolution rule. Since i can use Snorlax, because its pre-evo was introduced in gen 4, does that mean i can use evee? It is a pre-evo of two mons introduced in dpp, so the link to sinnoh is there. And, if i can use evee, would i be able to use all the other eveelutions, including sylveon, even though glaceon and leafeon themselves can never evolve into these? That doesn't completely explain itsself with the snorlax example, imho.

I'm looking forward to this tourney :)

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
I have another question, this time regarding the evolution/pre-evolution rule. Since i can use Snorlax, because its pre-evo was introduced in gen 4, does that mean i can use evee? It is a pre-evo of two mons introduced in dpp, so the link to sinnoh is there. And, if i can use evee, would i be able to use all the other eveelutions, including sylveon, even though glaceon and leafeon themselves can never evolve into these? That doesn't completely explain itsself with the snorlax example, imho.

I'm looking forward to this tourney :)
good question. eevee, glaceon and lefeon will be allowed, but no others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)