Battle Frontier TEAM

This is my team for the BATTLE FRONTIER. I would be happy to take any suggestions for new pokemon or even a competely new teamt. However, I have the following limitations. It's main limitation from what I see is that a gyrados a fire and electric move could totally screw it.

1. I only have pokemon emerald. This means no trading, and I can't catch some pokemon such as zangoose or pokemon from any other region. Also, there are many moves learned by pokemon only by breeding, such as hypnosis for milotic, that i cannot teach it because i can't get the right pokemon to breed it with. Finally, I haven't got the starf berry or the other one you get from scott yet.

Ninjask@ ????????
Jolly natured
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 SpA

Baton pass
silver wind
swords dance
substitute/protect, i don't know which

Basically, this pokemon's goal is to baton pass its jacked-up speed and attack(sword dance) to my next physical sweeper(Metagross). It also takes care of physic and dark pokemon to some extent with silver wind. i don't know what to give it to hold, however.

Metagross@ choice band
Adamant natured
252 Hp, 236 Atk, 12 Def, 8 Spe

Meteor mash
Rock Slide
EQ
Explosion(or thunderpunch, i dont know which)

Hopefully, I can baton pass ninjask's speed and attack to this one.

Meteor Mash is for STAB, Rock Slide takes care of a weakness, fire, and also those annoying fire and flying types I can't take out with EQ, along with the ice type. EQ takes care of electric, most fire, poison, and is overall a great move anyway. Explosion I use to abuse Meatagross's great attacking stat and take out pokemon I don't have an effective type matchup with.

Milotic@leftovers
bold natured
252 HP, 224 def, 32 spA

Surf
Toxic
Recover
Ice Beam

Surf is for stab, and takes out many types I haven't covered yet. Toxic is to outlast fellow walls as well as waitng for a pokemon to die while i recover off damage. Recover is obvious, and ice beam takes care of dragon and grass types. This is my tank. I've stalled entier teams many timew with this guy,

For Metagross, you may want to use a different item. You're passing +1 or +2 speed and most likely +2 Attack with it. Why lock it into one move that may or may not OHKO, or even miss?

Hi I want to be honest I have never rated a battle tower team, but I am trying to do my best for you :)

About Ninjask's item, I think you should go for Leftovers to get some health why you set up SD's, sub's/protects. Also silver wind is a good option I think, since with some luck you can raise all your stats and pass it to another poke. You might also want to consider Aerial Ace for STAB and because your attack stat is way higher than your special attack stat. I understand that raising all your stats is important for you, but a 10% chance is still pretty small. On last slot you might want to choose Sub since I don't know if you really need protect since you're almost sure you outspeed everyone. You really need SD for Meta and Baton Pass is a must too. You also need an attack for some damage if Ninjask is your last left. Sub might help, since with a bit of luck you can pass is to your Meta or even your Milotic to give them some boosts.

On Metagross I think you might want to try a different item, since with some attack and speed boosts from Ninjast you definitely want to switch between your attacks. Maybe something like Brightpowder or Leftovers. Sadly this isn't 4th gen, bc you could have something like an Expert Belt or Life Orb attached on your Metagross. About the moveset I think I would go for:

Meteor Mash| ThunderPunch| Earthquake| Explosion

Milotic looks okay!

Hope I helped!

i can't give ninjask leftovers becuse milotic already has it, and you can't give the same item to more than one pokemon.

i think I will keep rock slide over explosion for gyrados and other flying types like salamence.

I think I can give a few suggestions. First I would take off ninjask because its so frail, and being that you only have 3 pokemon and ninjask can't do much with only one attack move, it would be pretty bad in a situation where you only have ninjask left (the brains also have a lot of pokemon that supereffect it.) I would replace it with something like:

salamence@sitrus berry (or something else, I don't know what though.)
naive nature/modest
252 speed/200 sp.atk/52 atk
-flamethrower/brick break
-dragon claw
-aerial ace
-hydro pump/dragon dance

this set basically covers all your weaknesses and gives you power to sweep a lot of opponents. Hydro pump takes care of fire types that hurt metagross, flamethrower kills grass types that hurt milotic and dragon claw and aerial ace get stab and can 2KO almost any thing (including electric types)that doesn't resist them with salamence's high attack stats. It also has shared weaknesses with your other two pokemon.

Also metagross probably wants explosion instead of thunderpunch, it can kill gyrados and anything else easily thanks to the defense lower. Shadow ball (possibly replacing rock slide) and EQ take care of anything that explosion can't kill like ghost types and steel types.

Thank you everyone. This should help a lot. I guess your right; with only 3 pokemon I can't afford to only have two that can absorb any sort of damage.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you remove Ninjask as GARCHOMPZILLA recommended and replace it with a Salamence, I would use an AgiliGross set over the current one. It has excellent coverage (especially without pesky Rotoms in 3rd gen) and can easily sweep.

Salamence looks good with the set above; however, I would use Hidden Power Flying over Aerial Ace. Although it may be harder to get (near impossible without serious time and effort [or Pokesav :P]), it is 12.5% stronger, which could be useful in the long run.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 168 HP/252 Atk/88 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk) / Lonely nature (+Atk,-Def)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Shadow Ball / Thunderpunch / Explosion

The 88 Speed EVs allow Metagross to outspeed base 130s after an Agility, the Attack EVs are maximised, obviously, and the 168 HP EVs are a dump to increase bulk. If using Thunderpunch, you can place the Health EVs into Special Attack. Explosion allows you to beat nearly anything in a pinch.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There's no forced downlevelling?

Anyways, in that case you could use a 4 Attack moveset for Metagross similar to the one you have. This has more bulk, as it no longer needs any speed to hit certain speed tiers. It can also punch holes through even Skarmory with a powerful Explosion. However, use Leftovers over the Choice Band to give slightly better recovery and the ability to switch moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)