SM Ubers Bandi. [Peaked #8]

B R A I N L I C K E R

Banned deucer.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share a team with you that i've found great success with on the ladder. I set myself the challenge to use one of my favourite Pokemon which has rarely been used in Ubers before, as well as a couple of standard Pokemon with some not-so-standard sets. The aim of this team is to use surprise sets and lures in order to overwhelm my opponent's Pokemon. You could probably call this an anti-meta team, as it handles most of the top threats really well through unconventional means. The RMT is named after one of my favourite songs ever.

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hypnosis
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

May as well start with one of the most unusual sets on this team. Unfortunately, Darkrai fell victim to the nerf bat this gen and his signature move was gutted. What was a great set back in Gen 6 is sadly not as good anymore but still puts in a lot of work and if your opponent hasn't prepared for it, can easily sweep teams on it's own. The idea is to lead this vs teams where you expect them to lead with something slower, hit a Hypnosis on a predicted SR (lead Dialga, P-Don, Exca) or anything you're faster than and then to use Sub + 2 attacks to put in some nice early damage on their team. Dark Pulse hits pretty hard and Sludge Bomb is good coverage for the many non-Magearna fairies in the tier, especially Xerneas who switch in only to get 2HKOed by it.

Xerneas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Talk

Personally, I find GeoXern/Zeomancy overrated but it's popularity somewhat works in my favour as it makes people unprepared for SpecsXern. You'll want to click Moonblast 90% of the time even vs teams that carry things like P-Don, Magearna and whatever other checks there are because sometimes this thing can even 2-3HKO them. The idea of this is to break slower, balance builds with Moonblasts that hit stupidly hard off the bat without needing to set up. Like Darkrai, if there is anything slower on the opponent's team that you can safely bring Xern in against, chances are something is either dying or being severely weakened. The other moves are for coverage but honestly I never use them. Sleep Talk is for last ditch sleep absorbing but since Darkrai's popularity has dwindled this gen it probably isn't as useful.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 230 SpD / 24 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Sigh. If you want your Ubers team to be competitive in any way then this thing is mandatory. What do you say about this? It checks about half of the tier, is the best mon in the entire tier and is unrivalled in it's sheer utility and role compression. Set is standard - rocks are essential, EQ because P-Blades sucks when you miss it, Plume is good coverage and hits surprisingly hard and Toxic nabs stuff like Lugia/Xern/Gira-o and puts in work against stall.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

One of the better things to come out of Gen 7 was a surefire Xern counter, perhaps the best one in the entire game. Heart Swap Magearna is one of the best sets out there, and despite being a special wall has swept countless teams by stealing GeoXern/Zeomancy boosts and using against the other team. The only thing that might not be so common is Flash Cannon on this set, I use it because killing Xern after stealing it's boosts without reducing my Sp.A with Fleur Cannon is quite handy sometimes.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 204 HP / 192 Atk / 12 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab

How can you not love this guy? Newly dropped to the UU tier but surprisingly great in Ubers, Buzzwole (like Darkrai) uses the surprise factor to set up subs and proceed to punch holes into the opponent's team in order to facilitate a sweep for the below mon. Leech Life hits the many psychics around for super effective damage + heals me while Poison Jab is really only for Xern and the rare Arceus-Fairy. This guy can 2HKO some P-Don sets that don't invest much into defences and generally acts as a really nice lure/breaker.

BANDI [Arceus-Ground] @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

And finally, the sand god himself. Named after Bandi, this is the main event of the team and my late game wincon. If the rest of the team has done their jobs, then this guy should be able to come in an pick up the pieces with it's strong coverage and great power. Arc-Ground is pretty underused in the current metagame in my experience, but it's as useful as it was in Gen 6 and can sweet unprepared teams easily. Gengar losing levitate this gen was also fun this guy, who can smack it on the rare occasion that it has yet to evolve.

Proof of peak:

Importable:
Darkrai @ Leftovers
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

Xerneas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Talk

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 230 SpD / 24 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 204 HP / 192 Atk / 12 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab

BANDI [Arceus-Ground] @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Thanks!!!!

Hi man, great team.

've given you like to just take Buzzwole, haha. It is not a joke. Honestly I like it in general, but here in addition to a creative team it makes sense. Buzzwole has a lot of bulk and covers well of one of the most common types (Ground) I see that when carrying Magearna you have security in Toxic PDon to press pokemon passive or very defensive. You should be careful about any version of PKyogre if it enters PDon or if it falls. You have no change to fit it. Also say that every version of Lunala, especially Specs can give you problems. Anyway you can appreciate that you did well, congratulations for that top in the ladder. It should not have been easy, but I suppose everything with good support is capable of everything. That said I do not think I can contribute much, and I mentioned that it is difficult to change something, good team once again.

Well, maybe one / several details that can improve above. You're free to try, you rule. Part by part:

·
-> It's fine as well, but I think its set Darkium z by adding Nasty Plot by Hypno. In most cases it usually fails. This version will lead you to better results, especially vs passive pokemon like Arceus forms. Calculating above with z move +4 + stealth rock you can eliminate Blissey or leave him in low health.

·
-> Perfect, I can not think of anything better than xern specs. It ensures you good match up against offensive and sticky teams. But I think because of the low use of Darkrai precisely, I do not see that SleepTalk necessary. Well, in my opinion options like Thunder or Psyschock are better.

·
(Ground)
-> Several things here, you can do it WaterCeus or leave it thus changing your special set Defog. I honestly see it's a suicide against sticky or teams with hazards. You do not have anything to eliminate that so the team is weak to that. With Waterceus you would have more resistance to PKyodre apart from fitting better vs Ho-Oh among others. You can preset with status (Toxic) and have both Ice Beam vs Mence, Quaza, and so on.

Analyzing at a glance this is all I can offer or contribute. But I hope it does not stop at anything and you dare to try, maybe it will be better although it is difficult. Ladder ubers is not easy and with this team it seems, is what has everything of quality, haha.

Greetings and gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)