SM OU Ban THIS and THAT and BUMMO! (Supreme Hazardless Setup Boosting team) [1950+]

Which is your favorite BanDisnDatnMe's team thus far?

• Kyurem Hyper Stall

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Druddigon BP

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Kommo-o Belly Drum HO

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • BUMMO - Supreme Setup Boosting team

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Double Blob Hyper Stall

Votes: 10 10.2%

• Total voters
Bummo official picture.png

Mega-Charizard_X_icon.png
tapu koko  lil tumbnail.png
quag lil tumbnail.png
clefable lil tumbnail.png
espeon lil tumbnail.png
necrozma lil tumbnail.png

Hi Smogon!

First off, I apologize for all of the suffering I've been causing on the ladder by introducing Setup Boosting-based fat teams. I understand that this strategy is aggravating to face and only worsens the match-up issue we already deal with on a regular basis. That being said, I'm honestly surprised that there have been a few dominating forces on the Setup Boosting spectrum with looming eyes in the darkness, waiting for a decided player who believes in what they are capable to bring to the table and not disregard them just for how complicated it seems to handle them in hard-fought battles. For what they're worth, Setup Boosting pokemons have always been one of my favorite pokemons and their unique types/stats/abilities have always been intriguing to me.

1950.png

The Team

Mega-Charizard_X_XY.gif
tapukoko.gif
quagsire2.gif
clefable2.gif
espeon2.gif
necrozma.gif

This team fares pretty well against all kinds of teams ranging from full stall to cancer rain teams to hyper offense, while being particularly effective against both TR offense and Balanced teams without Dark types. Like any team it has a fair share of weaknesses and most likely has room for improvement, so rates and feedback are always appreciated. Even with the team's shortcomings, I've managed to stay on high ladder for a chunk of time and get many accounts to 1900's. I'd even go far enough to say that the combination of Tapu Koko Screens, Espeon Electric Seed, Necrosma Rest, Clefable Stored Power + Charge Beam, Mega Charizard X Belly Drum and Quagsire Waterium Z is borderline broken, but that's a discussion for another time.

Team Building Process
The idea of creating a foundation for a team using Setup Boosting didn't come spontaneously. There is this very good friend named Aurella. I remember that by that time I was running a lame Sun team when I got to face Aurella. She was using a team that ultimately became what today's called Bummo. The team went like this:

lele.png
venusaur.png
quag lil tumbnail.png
reuniclus.png
96px-038Ninetales-Alola.png

A few weeks after that I reached out to her and told her that I believe in Setup Boosting being the next big thing in the OU tier. She agreed and inmediately we began testing the team from above to see how it went. It turned out not to be very effective for the following reasons:

1. Mega Venusaur was kind of passive for what the mega slot was demanding.
2. The Clefable set she was running by that time was a Stored Power/Flamethrower which isn't as effective as the Charge Beam set.
3. Reiniclus was running a Kee berry which was very luck dependant considering you had to wait for a physical move to hit you.
4. The Lele set: Psyshock/Draining Kiss/Calm Mind/Iron Defense was as amazing as it is awful.

However, not everything was wrong about this team. Both Ninetails-alola as Quagsire were putting some work. The inspiration for the Quagsire Waterium Z I run on this team came out from Aurella's Quagsire. The only difference is that mines runs Aqua Tail and hers was running Waterfall by that time.

quag shuffle.png
nine shuffle.png

In the wake of all this, we went back to the drawing board and I informed Aurella that the Clefable set must be changed to the Stored Power/Charge Beam set for good as it performs much more efficiently.

Also, I introduced to Aurella this fire Necrosma's set: Necrosma Iron head/Calm Mind/Rest/ Stored power set, and suggested to replace Reuniclus for it.

quag lil tumbnail.png
necrozma shuffle.png

As the time was passing by we soon came to realization that we should a thrid Stored power user. So after further research I introduced Aurella Sigilyph Stored Power/Charge Beam/Roost/Cosmic Power.

quag lil tumbnail.png
sigi.png

At this point, we weren't pleased by Ninetails as our screen setter, so I employed Tapu Koko.

quag lil tumbnail.png
sigi2.png
koko1.png

With this acquisition, Electric Terrain was crippling Sigilyph and so that I was forced to replace Sigilyph for a much better but forsaken Stored Power user: Espeon. At first I thought that Kee Berry was cool on Espeon, but after multiple battles I discovered Electric seed + Electric terrain was better on so many levels.

quag lil tumbnail.png
espeon1.png

Next, just when I thought I had it all, I was trying to look for a pokemon that can bring offensive presence to cripple Toxapex Haze and Amoongus Clear Smog. Reason being is that I added Mega Pinsir.

quag lil tumbnail.png
espeon lil tumbnail.png
pinsir1.png

Unfortunately, the team did go high ladder but just not enough and eventually dropped from 1900's to 1600's. So I came to a realization that something is not right about this team. Reason of why I added Mega Sableye CM.

quag lil tumbnail.png
espeon lil tumbnail.png
sab1.png

Here is when things get scary, because it was becoming obvious that Mega Gyarados Taunt, Toxapex Haze and Amoongus Clear Smog
were detering my team. For instance, I was reminiscing a Mega Charizard X Set I used to run in the beginning of Kommo-o Belly Drum, so I thought it would an amazing idea to incorporate it on the team, plus I knew how well it performs behind screens.

quag lil tumbnail.png
espeon lil tumbnail.png
cha1.png

-------------------------

Team Breakdown

Mega-Charizard_X_XY.gif

Mega Charizard X
Bag_Charizardite_X_Sprite.png

Item:
Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Flame Charge
Roost
Belly Drum
Dragon Claw

This Hyper Offensive pokemon metaphorically signals the End of Days; the rest of the team takes advantage evenly from its capabilities. Its ability Tough Claws and high attack makes it a strong wallbreaker, but taking into consideration that it gets outsped by commonly used Choice Scarf users such as Greninja, Keldeo, and Garchomp, as well as many offensive Pokemon before getting the +1 Spe boost from Flame Charge, only makes you wanna wonder if it's worth the mega slot.

Roost - Improves Charizard's longevity, eases setup, and allows it to stay out of range of revenge killers.
Flame Charge - You will often choose to set up Flame Charge depending on the makeup of your opponent's team. Flame Charge works best against offensive and slower, bulkier teams without Unaware users.
Dragon Claw - Reliable secondary STAB move that hits most Pokemon that resist Fire for solid damage and has the benefit of not making Mega Charizard X suffer recoil damage, unlike Flare Blitz. While situational,
Belly Drum - While situational, maximizes Mega Charizard X's Attack stat by raising it to +6 stages, that combined with the +1 stage gained from Flame Charge, the supportive Reflect and Light Screen screens, Dragon Claw as a safe option to use against Water-types and Roost to increase survivability and extend your sweep, can only make a legitimate argument about it being paired with screens is what's next.

EV Spread - Maximum Attack investment is used to hit as hard as possible, and a Jolly nature is used to outspeed Jolly Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Jolly Choice Scarf Excadrill, Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, and Modest Choice Scarf Keldeo. This spread also allows Mega Charizard X to outspeed neutral-natured base 100 Pokemon such as Mega Gardevoir and Mega Medicham as well as most Kyurem-B before a Dragon Dance.

Resistance
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X through Light Screen: 132-156 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X through Light Screen: 126-149 (42.4 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X through Light Screen: 56-66 (18.8 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X through Reflect: 136-162 (45.7 - 54.5%) -- 53.9% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X through Light Screen: 93-110 (31.3 - 37%) -- 78.5% chance to 3HKO
Offensive Prowess
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 468-552 (154.4 - 182.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+5 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flame Charge vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 289-342 (75.6 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flame Charge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 186-220 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 322-380 (83.4 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flame Charge vs. +1 152 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 360-424 (107.4 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 293-345 (102.8 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko
Bag_Light_Clay_Sprite.png

Item:
Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Reflect
Light Screen
Taunt
Defog

Tapu Koko's purpose on this team is to provide the team with the defensive boost they need by setting up screens and patch up the team's weaknesses to Toxic Spikes, Roar/Whirlwind users and Taunt/Encore users since it runs Taunt and Defog. Its swiftness to set up screens, hazard removal, and prevent opposing Taunt/Encore users from crippling the sweepers, makes it a go-to facilatate stuff for the Setup Boosting pokemons on the shelf.

quagsire2.gif

Quagsire
Bag_Waterium_Z_Sprite.png

Item:
Waterium Z
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Aqua Tail
Recover
Curse
Amnesia

Quagsire is my most important line of defense against potent special wallbreakers including Zard Y and LO Tornadus-T. The utility it provides between Boosting moves and Boosting negation in Unaware makes it an essential member of the team for shutting down opposing Setup Boosting pokemons, as well as picking off frail attackers like Weavile, Alakazam and Gengar when it's not fully boosted. Although Waterium Z may seem redundant unlike Leftovers, it gives Quagsire a way of punishing Mega Gyarados, Ash-Greninja, and almost anything else that would normally make Quagsire a dead weight. Increasing your Defensive stages at +6 on opposing offense teams makes them incredibly easy to wear down. This set notoriously cruel to opposing TR teams and teams without Grass type pokemons, usually turning the match-up in my favor.

clefable2.gif

Clefable
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Item:
Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Stored Power
Soft Boiled
Cosmic Power
Charge Beam

In terms of negating Taunt, this set of Clefable is an absolute necessity for Status condition and Recoil Damage control and keeping momentum in the presence of common Taunt setters like Tapu Fini, Greninja and Heatran. Considering the majority of Steel type pokemons with the exception of Magearna, Heatran and Magnezone are physical attackers, I figured a physically defensive spread would make Clefable's job as easy as possible. This set has to facilitate Boosting in the face of strong special attackers Taunt users, all while needing partners that can take on these powerful threats if Clefable is in distress. The Stored Power Clefable hype seems to have died down and people are beginning to realize how much of a nuisance Clefable is with Stored Power/Charge Beam.

Stored power - Gets stronger and stronger as Clefable obtains boosts, becoming incredibly powerful and eventually OHKOing most of the metagame.
Soft Boiled - Keeps Mega Latias healthy over the course of a match, allowing it to survive powerful hits like Landorus-T's Supersonic Skystrike and Mega Pinsir's Return.
Cosmic Power - Boosts Clefable's Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage each, preparing it for a sweep and making it near unbreakable after several boosts.
Charge Beam - Mostly used for strengthening Stored Power and neutral coverage to hit Steel- and Dark-types such as Greninja, Celesteela, and Jirachi while also hitting Pokemon such as Mega Pinsir, Mantine, and Tornadus-T harder initially.

EV Spread - Leftovers increases Clefable's longevity and allows it to check many Pokemon much better. The given Special Defense and HP investment along with a Calm nature allow Clefable to, most of the time, avoid the 2HKO from Mild Life Orb Kyurem-B's Ice Beam, Thundurus's Thunderbolt, Mega Diancie's Moonblast, and Mega Manectric's Thunderbolt. The given Defense and HP investment allow Clefable to avoid the 2HKO from Jolly Mega Lopunny's Return, Latios's Psyshock, and Jolly Mega Gyarados's Waterfall, as well as the OHKO from Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Resistance
8 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. +1 252 HP / 84 SpD Clefable through Light Screen: 73-87 (18.5 - 22%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 94-112 (23.8 - 28.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 90-106 (22.8 - 26.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 55-66 (13.9 - 16.7%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 113-134 (28.6 - 34%) -- 98.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 67-81 (17 - 20.5%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

espeon2.gif

Espeon
Bag_Electric_Seed_Sprite.png

Item:
Electric Seed
Ability: Magic Bounce
Stored Power
Morning Sun
Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam

Espeon is my magic bouncer of choice, as it counters most common hazard setters such as: Heatran, Ferrothorn and Landorous-T. It seems that standard and common Heatran teams are fully prepared to deal with Espeon, whether by being paired with Ash-Greninja or running Firium Z. In the latter situation, Espeon has nothing to fear and becomes a Dazzling Gleam-spammer on Dark type pokemons. When I am forced to use Dazzling Gleam on Dark type pokemons, I can get the kill while leaving Espeon in distress so that the next member of the opposing team gets to reliably revenge kill Espeon, often clearing a path for Necrosma to do whatever it wants now that the opposing team doesn't include a Dark type pokemon. Espeon is also a reliable check to Magma Storm Heatran and plenty of other physical and special attackers Hippowdon and Magearna. Considering my team cannot simply plow through opposing stall, Magic Bounce support is an absolute necessity making it very difficult for the rest of the team to be worn down. Espeon in itself is actually a fairly decent stall-breaker with nothing more than an uninvested Stored Power.

Stored Power - Allows Espeon to OHKO Mega Pinsir after two boosts.
Morning Sun - Great move to recover any HP Espeon lost due to residual damage and allows it to stall out opposing special attackers.
Calm Mind - Boosting move of choice, as it allows Espeon to boost its Special Attack and Stored Power's strength simultaneously. It also has the nifty bonus of making Espeon more specially bulky, and if it is passed a few Defense boosts, it becomes extremely hard to take down.
Dazzling Gleam - Gives Espeon a way to check Tyranitar and hit every Dark-type in OU at least neutrally.

EV/IV Spread - The EV spread provides Espeon with as much physical bulk as possible, as it will have to switch into Pokemon like Hippowdon and Skarmory to avoid phazing moves.

Resistance
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Espeon through Light Screen: 154-183 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers
recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon: 154-183 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon in Grassy Terrain: 190-225 (56.8 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon: 136-162 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon: 174-205 (52 - 61.3%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon: 204-242 (61 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Offensive prowess
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pinsir-Mega: 354-417 (130.6 - 153.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 160 HP / 28 SpD Zygarde: 328-387 (82.6 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 390-459 (102 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 339-399 (120.6 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 258-304 (75.2 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 366-432 (87.1 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 146-172 (40.4 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Weavile: 248-292 (88.2 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+1 0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 286-338 (100.3 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 172-204 (57.1 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

necrozma.gif

Necrozma
Bag_Chesto_Berry_Sprite.png

Item:
Chesto Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
Stored Power
Iron Defense
Rest
Calm Mind

Although the team is primarily built around Setup Boosting, the rest of the team benefits equally from Necrozma's stats and ability. For example, common threats like standard Excadrill Hazard Setter, Greninja Sash Lead, Mega "unresisted stab" Pinsir, Latias CM and Gengar LO would otherwise be difficult to wall. Other common threats such as Mega Mawile and Mega Alakazam have to choose between Dark/Ghost coverage and/or setup moves which means that my team would be able to handle any given set. I chose Chesto Berry/Rest over Leftovers/Moonlight, and I believe the latter option is too situational considering the structure and weaknesses of the team. The most common terrain setter at the moment is Tapu Koko, who also happens to be one of the best Taunt users in the tier, thus mitigating Necrozma's ability to deal with Tapu Koko regardless. Tapu Koko and its ability Electric Terrain, however, is really the only prevalent downside to running Chesto Berry, though seeing Tapu Koko on the opposing team doesn't necessarily make Necrozma useless. More often than not, Chesto Berry allows me a free turn to have Necrozma reinvent itself. Furthermore, Chesto Berry ensures that my HP are back to 100 which eases up setup boosting.

Stored Power - Stored Power is Necrozma's sole attacking move, allowing it to hit harder with every stat boost from Calm Mind.
Iron Defense - Forgoes coverage in order to boost Necrozma's Defense, making it nearly impossible for boosting physical attackers to break through it, particularly Swords Dance Bisharp and Dragon Dance Mega Charizard X.
Rest - Rest gives Necrozma a form of instant recovery that not only heals it to full HP but also removes any status conditions.
Calm Mind - Lets Necrozma hit harder and set up freely versus opposing special attackers.

EV/IV Spread - 252 HP EVs and 192 Special Defense EVs, in conjunction with a Calm nature, maximizes Necrozma's special walling prowess. While this may seem like a futile attempt at making Necrozma as bulky as Chansey, it actually allows Necrozma to handily wall various special threats, such as Life Orb Gengar and Greninja, and eventually defeat them.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. +1 252 HP / 192+ SpD Prism Armor Necrozma through Light Screen: 91-108 (22.8 - 27.1%) -- 48% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +1 252 HP / 192+ SpD Prism Armor Necrozma through Light Screen: 81-95 (20.3 - 23.8%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. +1 252 HP / 192+ SpD Necrozma in Rain through Light Screen: 97-115 (24.3 - 28.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +2 252 HP / 64 Def Necrozma in Grassy Terrain through Reflect: 113-133 (28.3 - 33.4%) -- 95.9% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Necrozma through Reflect: 175-207 (43.9 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Prism Armor Necrozma through Reflect: 176-209 (44.2 - 52.5%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO

Threats

gren.png

Ash-Greninja

I normally don't allow Greninja to transform into Ash-Greninja, but if by any chance it does, make sure to gamble pretty well the Screen/Setup Boosting gimmick. Most of the times, Ash-Greninja will be choice-locked into Dark Pulse, which clefable can certainly take advantage of and set up boosting . Quagsire can handle Ash-Greninja when already augmented by +2 stages os special defense. Espeon can also handle it behind screens by using dazzling gleam. Charizard X can also dispatch Ash-Greninja if it has its Spe stage augmented. All in all, Clefable is the one to be sent out to make front to Ash-Greninja.

kart.png

Sword Dance Kartana

I highly recommend to keep Necrozma on the shelf because it can potentially cripple Kartana and disrupt its augmented attack by using Iron Defense. If Kartana is being coupled with a Grassy Terrain Tapu Bulu, your best asnwer is to set up screens beforehand, this way you can set up Iron Defense as well as your Stored power benefits from the boost and so that you can wear down kartana due to its lackluster Special Defense.

gya.png

Taunt Mega Gyarados

In this case, it is suggested that you manage to make as much damage as you can to shorten Mega Gyarados's HP, so that you cripple Mega Gyarados with moves like Charge Beam from Clefable, Dragon Claw from Mega Charizard X. Once all of that has passed, in a 1v1 match the pokemon to switch in to is Quagsire, as its 252 HP / 252 Def investment and its Boosting move Curse would allow it to wall Waterfall-spam so that Quagsire can pick off Mega Gyarados with ease using Waterium Z Hydrop Vortex. Espeon would be useless against Mega Gyarados as Mold breaker Taunt gives the opposing Mega Gyarados the jump on Espeon.

muk.png

Muk-Alola
The way I handle Muk-Alola is I would normally send out Tapu Koko and try to set screens up. After that, the Mega Charizard X Belly Drum set would get the job done. Other way to finish Muk-Alola up is to take advantage and set up boosting on Clefable as Magic Guard negates Poison status condition.

Replays

Mega Charizard X Belly Drum Offensive prowess [XX Juggernaut]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728271630
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728273644
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728291812
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728282433

Necrosma Chesto Berry Rest [A flight of fancy]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728277261
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728277750
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728284805
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728304985

Clefable Stored power/Charge Beam [But then what's left of me?]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728278926
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728303379

Espeon Electric Seed [Hate you to the Sun and back]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728300854
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728299933
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728292872
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728290964
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728287246
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728295844

Quagsire Curse/Amnesia [I can't never turn my back on you, Ditto's there xD]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728296458
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728307516

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Roost
- Belly Drum
- Dragon Claw

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Defog

Quagsire @ Waterium Z
Impish Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Recover
- Curse
- Amnesia

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam

HateU2TheMoon&Back (Espeon) (F) @ Electric Seed
Shiny: Yes
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Necrozma @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind

Aurella

Essence

DianaZaldivar❤

CamilaCruz

Storm Zone

manols

Crime♡

AnnaKartana

dia_sre

Fantastic_fuego

ilosetostalloroffense

Idud

nintendonoah

ZombieFriedChicken

Predator 30

Dark Elegy

hkjjljih

Austin Whitaker

StayHighAllTheTime

BUMMO is an expression that 100% defines what a Hazardless Setup Boosting team stands for. Exuberantly disgusting to the naked eye, this team does not leave a good taste in the mouth, either giving the jump on this team or just straight up losing. It's head scratching not to get a crit on this boosted pokemons, but I always emphasize players that it's now 1/24 for a crit to occur, being 1/16 in past times. This team is intended to spread fun, but that intent is seemingly taking another direction. I've seen players running this setup boosting team, and one of them confessed me that it felt nauseating beating someone this manner. Someone even told me that this is a team for try-hards, and it was minutes later that I realize that that very same player, not only it kept on joing my battles, but also it was critiquing me out of distaste. More players started labelling this as something you will only see once a month, that adjustments are not needed to be made because facing this team is just as same as facing a Magikarp, it just takes you nowhere. Then after that I was thinking to myself that those players might be running Taunt/Encore/Trick/Dark type pokemons in the upcoming weeks. Furthermore, it's good to know I've always loved the termination ending in "UMMO", reason being is that I added a "B" in the commencement, to represent in the coolest way possible the "B" as in Boosting everywhere it is being used, because I consider Boosting to be a very prevalent playstyle that only needs a little more legitimacy from the players.

Kyurem Stall

Skarmory (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 194 Def / 62 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Substitute
- Earth Power

1998.png

Druddigon BP

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense

Scolipede (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Protect
- Substitute

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam

Espeon (F) @ Kee Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Druddigon (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Kommo-o Belly Drum HO

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Double Blob Hyper Stall
quagsire.gif
blissey.gif

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Proof of peak
1970 double blob.png

tapukoko.gif
clefable2.gif
espeon2.gif
necrozma.gif

Kommo-o (M) @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam

Espeon (F) @ Electric Seed
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Necrozma @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind

]
espeon2.gif
tapukoko.gif

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

Pinsir (M) @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

HateU2theMoon&Back (Espeon) (F) @ Electric Seed
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi, this isn't exactly a rate either, but only because I'm definitely not good enough as a player to accurately rate your team.

Firstly, I love it! I've been on the dual screens + setup sweepers hype train since DPP when it was Azelf with screens, 3 dragons, one steel type and one other. The playstyle is really fun and I now find it very hard to play anything else. That being said, my builds just didn't hold up in the current metagame due to the variety of threats and ways to stop me setting up. Having tried your team in about 100 games now, it has already done far better than anything I designed ever did. The bulky setup mons allow more flexibility than the HO shell I usually went for.

That said, I feel like maybe there's a bit of redundency between Clefable, Necrozma and Espeon...Stored Power is quite easy to wall and I often find myself priced into using Quagsire in a less than favourable situation simply because Charizard went down and the other 3 are all Stored Power users....

There's every chance I'm just playing it wrong, I tend to do that without realising, but I feel maybe Necrozma is the redundent weak link that could be replaced maybe? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

First off, I wanted to let you know that I appreciate you going out of the way to let me know that you love the team. Secondly, I comprehend what you mean by saying that Necrozma is the weakest link on this team. It may be crippled by Electric terrain and Dark type pokemons, but it can also serve as a late-game cleaner when dark type pokemons have been picked off by Dazzling Gleam Espeon, Belly Drum Cha X or Clefable Charge beam. It's ability Prism Armor gives it the jump on Musharna which also gets the same set plus has amazing bulk as well. My standpoint is that Quagsire helps repel boosting but it is too passive and most of the time it gets crippled by commoon Grass type pokemons like Ferrothorn or Kartana. Quagsire is also the one to get less kills from the team. Charizard X Belly Drum is also a very cool and dangerous set but one as a player gotta know when and how to set it up smoothly, so it ends up being kind of complicated to run, but if you master it you can take advantage of it and repel threats like amoongus Clear smog and Toxapex Haze. The team does have a problem when it comes to facing Taunt users, Espeon helps solve that but rather than Espeon then Clef could come up and cripple Taunt users with Charge Beam. My bottomline is, if quagsire is not giving the team results, I would suggest to run Ditto over it, and if Cha X is not sufficiently reliable it is recommended to run another physical potent attacker up to the player's decision.

All in all, thanks a whole lot for taking the time to write down on this articule, since you're a huge fan of Dual Screens, I'm open to make changes to this team or maybe rebuild another one, more offensive oriented, so please lemme know friend.

Hey man, no worries, I felt compelled to say something as it's the first RMT I've seen in months that appealed to me!

So in my run of games, I've found Charizard to be very very good, Espeon performs very well on a special switch in and Moonlight is so strong, especially in Electric terrain with a Seed boost. Quagsire is fine, but I do find him a bit lackluster so I might try your suggestion of Ditto! Clefable has more limited switchins I find, but when you get a few Cosmic Powers off and then a good couple of Charge Beams, I get she's good. Necrozma as I say I haven't found a good niche for yet, and so much Knock Off running around kills his recovery... I'm planning to try Bisharp in his place and see what happens.

I'd love to see a more offensive screens setup team, there's one in the sample teams that's pretty good but I feel like more could be squeezed from it! If you put out a Hyper Offensive setup team, I'll totally jump on board and try it

View attachment 109847

View attachment 109671View attachment 109678View attachment 109679View attachment 109696View attachment 109694View attachment 109714

Hi Smogon!

First off, I apologize for all of the suffering I've been causing on the ladder by introducing Setup Boosting-based fat teams. I understand that this strategy is aggravating to face and only worsens the match-up issue we already deal with on a regular basis. That being said, I'm honestly surprised that there have been a few dominating forces on the Setup Boosting spectrum with looming eyes in the darkness, waiting for a decided player who believes in what they are capable to bring to the table and not disregard them just for how complicated it seems to handle them in hard-fought battles. For what they're worth, Setup Boosting pokemons have always been one of my favorite pokemons and their unique types/stats/abilities have always been intriguing to me.

**Brand new version of the team: BUMMO 2.0** [DO NOT MISS OUT!]
View attachment 110717 View attachment 109754 View attachment 109758
View attachment 109759

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Defog

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam

&Back (Espeon) (F) @ Electric Seed
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Necrozma @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind

The Team

View attachment 109730View attachment 110717 View attachment 109753 View attachment 109754 View attachment 109758 View attachment 109759

This team fares pretty well against all kinds of teams ranging from full stall to cancer rain teams to hyper offense, while being particularly effective against both TR offense and Balanced teams without Dark types. Like any team it has a fair share of weaknesses and most likely has room for improvement, so rates and feedback are always appreciated. Even with the team's shortcomings, I've managed to stay on high ladder for a chunk of time and get many accounts to 1900's. I'd even go far enough to say that the combination of Tapu Koko Screens, Espeon Electric Seed, Necrosma Rest, Clefable Stored Power + Charge Beam, Mega Charizard X Belly Drum and Quagsire Waterium Z is borderline broken, but that's a discussion for another time.

Team Building Process
The idea of creating a foundation for a team using Setup Boosting didn't come spontaneously. There is this very good friend named Aurella. I remember that by that time I was running a lame Sun team when I got to face Aurella. She was using a team that ultimately became what today's called Bummo. The team went like this:

View attachment 109778View attachment 109777View attachment 109697View attachment 109680View attachment 109779View attachment 109782

A few weeks after that I reached out to her and told her that I believe in Setup Boosting being the next big thing in the OU tier. She agreed and inmediately we began testing the team from above to see how it went. It turned out not to be very effective for the following reasons:

1. Mega Venusaur was kind of passive for what the mega slot was demanding.
2. The Clefable set she was running by that time was a Stored Power/Flamethrower which isn't as effective as the Charge Beam set.
3. Reiniclus was running a Kee berry which was very luck dependant considering you had to wait for a physical move to hit you.
4. The Lele set: Psyshock/Draining Kiss/Calm Mind/Iron Defense was as amazing as it is awful.

However, not everything was wrong about this team. Both Ninetails-alola as Quagsire were putting some work. The inspiration for the Quagsire Waterium Z I run on this team came out from Aurella's Quagsire. The only difference is that mines runs Aqua Tail and hers was running Waterfall by that time.

View attachment 109716View attachment 109715

In the wake of all this, we went back to the drawing board and I informed Aurella that the Clefable set must be changed to the Stored Power/Charge Beam set for good as it performs much more efficiently.

Also, I introduced to Aurella this fire Necrosma's set: Necrosma Iron head/Calm Mind/Rest/ Stored power set, and suggested to replace Reuniclus for it.

View attachment 109683View attachment 109720View attachment 109699View attachment 109707

As the time was passing by we soon came to realization that we should a thrid Stored power user. So after further research I introduced Aurella Sigilyph Stored Power/Charge Beam/Roost/Cosmic Power.

View attachment 109684View attachment 109721View attachment 109700View attachment 109708View attachment 109722

At this point, we weren't pleased by Ninetails as our screen setter, so I employed Tapu Koko.

View attachment 109685View attachment 109701View attachment 109709View attachment 109723View attachment 109724

With this acquisition, Electric Terrain was crippling Sigilyph and so that I was forced to replace Sigilyph for a much better but forsaken Stored Power user: Espeon. At first I thought that Kee Berry was cool on Espeon, but after multiple battles I discovered Electric seed + Electric terrain was better on so many levels.

View attachment 109686View attachment 109702View attachment 109710View attachment 109676View attachment 109725

Next, just when I thought I had it all, I was trying to look for a pokemon that can bring offensive presence to cripple Toxapex Haze and Amoongus Clear Smog. Reason being is that I added Mega Pinsir.

View attachment 109687View attachment 109704View attachment 109711View attachment 109675View attachment 109691View attachment 109726

Unfortunately, the team did go high ladder but just not enough and eventually dropped from 1900's to 1600's. So I came to a realization that something is not right about this team. Reason of why I added Mega Sableye CM.

View attachment 109688View attachment 109705View attachment 109712View attachment 109674View attachment 109692View attachment 109727

Here is when things get scary, because it was becoming obvious that Mega Gyarados Taunt, Toxapex Haze and Amoongus Clear Smog
were detering my team. For instance, I was reminiscing a Mega Charizard X Set I used to run in the beginning of Kommo-o Belly Drum, so I thought it would an amazing idea to incorporate it on the team, plus I knew how well it performs behind screens.

View attachment 109689View attachment 109706View attachment 109713View attachment 109693View attachment 109728

Team Breakdown

View attachment 109731
CharizardView attachment 109739
Item:
Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Flame Charge
Roost
Belly Drum
Dragon Claw

This Hyper Offensive pokemon metaphorically signals the End of Days; the rest of the team takes advantage evenly from its capabilities. Its ability Tough Claws and high attack makes it a strong wallbreaker, but taking into consideration that it gets outsped by commonly used Choice Scarf users such as Greninja, Keldeo, and Garchomp, as well as many offensive Pokemon before getting the +1 Spe boost from Flame Charge, only makes you wanna wonder if it's worth the mega slot.

Roost - Improves Charizard's longevity, eases setup, and allows it to stay out of range of revenge killers.
Flame Charge - You will often choose to set up Flame Charge depending on the makeup of your opponent's team. Flame Charge works best against offensive and slower, bulkier teams without Unaware users.
Dragon Claw - Reliable secondary STAB move that hits most Pokemon that resist Fire for solid damage and has the benefit of not making Mega Charizard X suffer recoil damage, unlike Flare Blitz. While situational,
Belly Drum - While situational, maximizes Mega Charizard X's Attack stat by raising it to +6 stages, that combined with the +1 stage gained from Flame Charge, the supportive Reflect and Light Screen screens, Dragon Claw as a safe option to use against Water-types and Roost to increase survivability and extend your sweep, can only make a legitimate argument about it being paired with screens is what's next.

EV Spread - Maximum Attack investment is used to hit as hard as possible, and a Jolly nature is used to outspeed Jolly Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Jolly Choice Scarf Excadrill, Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, and Modest Choice Scarf Keldeo. This spread also allows Mega Charizard X to outspeed neutral-natured base 100 Pokemon such as Mega Gardevoir and Mega Medicham as well as most Kyurem-B before a Dragon Dance.

Resistance
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X through Light Screen: 132-156 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X through Light Screen: 126-149 (42.4 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X through Light Screen: 56-66 (18.8 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X through Reflect: 136-162 (45.7 - 54.5%) -- 53.9% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X through Light Screen: 93-110 (31.3 - 37%) -- 78.5% chance to 3HKO
Offensive Prowess
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 468-552 (154.4 - 182.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+5 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flame Charge vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 289-342 (75.6 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flame Charge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 186-220 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 322-380 (83.4 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flame Charge vs. +1 152 HP / 0 Def Hawlucha: 360-424 (107.4 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 293-345 (102.8 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

View attachment 110717
Tapu KokoView attachment 109734
Item:
Light Clay
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Reflect
Light Screen
Taunt
Defog

Tapu Koko's purpose on this team is to provide the team with the defensive boost they need by setting up screens and patch up the team's weaknesses to Toxic Spikes, Roar/Whirlwind users and Taunt/Encore users since it runs Taunt and Defog. Its swiftness to set up screens, hazard removal, and prevent opposing Taunt/Encore users from crippling the sweepers, makes it a go-to facilatate stuff for the Setup Boosting pokemons on the shelf.

View attachment 109751
QuagsireView attachment 109735
Item:
Waterium Z
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Aqua Tail
Recover
Curse
Amnesia

Quagsire is my most important line of defense against potent special wallbreakers including Zard Y and LO Tornadus-T. The utility it provides between Boosting moves and Boosting negation in Unaware makes it an essential member of the team for shutting down opposing Setup Boosting pokemons, as well as picking off frail attackers like Weavile, Alakazam and Gengar when it's not fully boosted. Although Waterium Z may seem redundant unlike Leftovers, it gives Quagsire a way of punishing Mega Gyarados, Ash-Greninja, and almost anything else that would normally make Quagsire a dead weight. Increasing your Defensive stages at +6 on opposing offense teams makes them incredibly easy to wear down. This set notoriously cruel to opposing TR teams and teams without Grass type pokemons, usually turning the match-up in my favor.

View attachment 109755
ClefableView attachment 109736
Item:
Leftovers
Stored Power
Soft Boiled
Cosmic Power
Charge Beam

In terms of negating Taunt, this set of Clefable is an absolute necessity for Status condition and Recoil Damage control and keeping momentum in the presence of common Taunt setters like Tapu Fini, Greninja and Heatran. Considering the majority of Steel type pokemons with the exception of Magearna, Heatran and Magnezone are physical attackers, I figured a physically defensive spread would make Clefable's job as easy as possible. This set has to facilitate Boosting in the face of strong special attackers Taunt users, all while needing partners that can take on these powerful threats if Clefable is in distress. The Stored Power Clefable hype seems to have died down and people are beginning to realize how much of a nuisance Clefable is with Stored Power/Charge Beam.

Stored power - Gets stronger and stronger as Clefable obtains boosts, becoming incredibly powerful and eventually OHKOing most of the metagame.
Soft Boiled - Keeps Mega Latias healthy over the course of a match, allowing it to survive powerful hits like Landorus-T's Supersonic Skystrike and Mega Pinsir's Return.
Cosmic Power - Boosts Clefable's Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage each, preparing it for a sweep and making it near unbreakable after several boosts.
Charge Beam - Mostly used for strengthening Stored Power and neutral coverage to hit Steel- and Dark-types such as Greninja, Celesteela, and Jirachi while also hitting Pokemon such as Mega Pinsir, Mantine, and Tornadus-T harder initially.

EV Spread - Leftovers increases Clefable's longevity and allows it to check many Pokemon much better. The given Special Defense and HP investment along with a Calm nature allow Clefable to, most of the time, avoid the 2HKO from Mild Life Orb Kyurem-B's Ice Beam, Thundurus's Thunderbolt, Mega Diancie's Moonblast, and Mega Manectric's Thunderbolt. The given Defense and HP investment allow Clefable to avoid the 2HKO from Jolly Mega Lopunny's Return, Latios's Psyshock, and Jolly Mega Gyarados's Waterfall, as well as the OHKO from Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Resistance
8 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. +1 252 HP / 84 SpD Clefable through Light Screen: 73-87 (18.5 - 22%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 94-112 (23.8 - 28.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 90-106 (22.8 - 26.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 55-66 (13.9 - 16.7%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 113-134 (28.6 - 34%) -- 98.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ Def Clefable through Reflect: 67-81 (17 - 20.5%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

View attachment 109756
EspeonView attachment 109737
Item:
Electric Seed
Stored Power
Morning Sun
Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam

Espeon is my magic bouncer of choice, as it counters most common hazard setters such as: Heatran, Ferrothorn and Landorous-T. It seems that standard and common Heatran teams are fully prepared to deal with Espeon, whether by being paired with Ash-Greninja or running Firium Z. In the latter situation, Espeon has nothing to fear and becomes a Dazzling Gleam-spammer on Dark type pokemons. When I am forced to use Dazzling Gleam on Dark type pokemons, I can get the kill while leaving Espeon in distress so that the next member of the opposing team gets to reliably revenge kill Espeon, often clearing a path for Necrosma to do whatever it wants now that the opposing team doesn't include a Dark type pokemon. Espeon is also a reliable check to Magma Storm Heatran and plenty of other physical and special attackers Hippowdon and Magearna. Considering my team cannot simply plow through opposing stall, Magic Bounce support is an absolute necessity making it very difficult for the rest of the team to be worn down. Espeon in itself is actually a fairly decent stall-breaker with nothing more than an uninvested Stored Power.

Stored Power - Allows Espeon to OHKO Mega Pinsir after two boosts.
Morning Sun - Great move to recover any HP Espeon lost due to residual damage and allows it to stall out opposing special attackers.
Calm Mind - Boosting move of choice, as it allows Espeon to boost its Special Attack and Stored Power's strength simultaneously. It also has the nifty bonus of making Espeon more specially bulky, and if it is passed a few Defense boosts, it becomes extremely hard to take down.
Dazzling Gleam - Gives Espeon a way to check Tyranitar and hit every Dark-type in OU at least neutrally.

EV/IV Spread - The EV spread provides Espeon with as much physical bulk as possible, as it will have to switch into Pokemon like Hippowdon and Skarmory to avoid phazing moves. 32 Spe to outspeed Jolly 252 Spe Heatran.

Resistance
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Espeon through Light Screen: 154-183 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers
recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon: 154-183 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
60+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon in Grassy Terrain: 190-225 (56.8 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon: 136-162 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon: 174-205 (52 - 61.3%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off vs. +1 252 HP / 224+ Def Espeon: 204-242 (61 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Offensive prowess
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pinsir-Mega: 354-417 (130.6 - 153.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 160 HP / 28 SpD Zygarde: 328-387 (82.6 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 390-459 (102 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 339-399 (120.6 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 258-304 (75.2 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0 SpA Espeon Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 366-432 (87.1 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 146-172 (40.4 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Weavile: 248-292 (88.2 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+1 0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 286-338 (100.3 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 172-204 (57.1 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

View attachment 109757
NecrozmaView attachment 109738
Item:
Chesto Berry
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
Stored Power
Iron Defense
Rest
Calm Mind

Although the team is primarily built around Setup Boosting, the rest of the team benefits equally from Necrozma's stats and ability. For example, common threats like standard Excadrill Hazard Setter, Greninja Sash Lead, Mega "unresisted stab" Pinsir, Latias CM and Gengar LO would otherwise be difficult to wall. Other common threats such as Mega Mawile and Mega Alakazam have to choose between Dark/Ghost coverage and/or setup moves which means that my team would be able to handle any given set. I chose Chesto Berry/Rest over Leftovers/Moonlight, and I believe the latter option is too situational considering the structure and weaknesses of the team. The most common terrain setter at the moment is Tapu Koko, who also happens to be one of the best Taunt users in the tier, thus mitigating Necrozma's ability to deal with Tapu Koko regardless. Tapu Koko and its ability Electric Terrain, however, is really the only prevalent downside to running Chesto Berry, though seeing Tapu Koko on the opposing team doesn't necessarily make Necrozma useless. More often than not, Chesto Berry allows me a free turn to have Necrozma reinvent itself. Furthermore, Chesto Berry ensures that my HP are back to 100 which eases up setup boosting.

Stored Power - Stored Power is Necrozma's sole attacking move, allowing it to hit harder with every stat boost from Calm Mind.
Iron Defense - Forgoes coverage in order to boost Necrozma's Defense, making it nearly impossible for boosting physical attackers to break through it, particularly Swords Dance Bisharp and Dragon Dance Mega Charizard X.
Rest - Rest gives Necrozma a form of instant recovery that not only heals it to full HP but also removes any status conditions.
Calm Mind - Lets Necrozma hit harder and set up freely versus opposing special attackers.

EV/IV Spread - 252 HP EVs and 192 Special Defense EVs, in conjunction with a Calm nature, maximizes Necrozma's special walling prowess. While this may seem like a futile attempt at making Necrozma as bulky as Chansey, it actually allows Necrozma to handily wall various special threats, such as Life Orb Gengar and Greninja, and eventually defeat them.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. +1 252 HP / 192+ SpD Prism Armor Necrozma through Light Screen: 91-108 (22.8 - 27.1%) -- 48% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +1 252 HP / 192+ SpD Prism Armor Necrozma through Light Screen: 81-95 (20.3 - 23.8%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. +1 252 HP / 192+ SpD Necrozma in Rain through Light Screen: 97-115 (24.3 - 28.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. +2 252 HP / 64 Def Necrozma in Grassy Terrain through Reflect: 113-133 (28.3 - 33.4%) -- 95.9% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Necrozma through Reflect: 175-207 (43.9 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Prism Armor Necrozma through Reflect: 176-209 (44.2 - 52.5%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO

Threats

View attachment 109854
Ash-Greninja

I normally don't allow Greninja to transform into Ash-Greninja, but if by any chance it does, make sure to gamble pretty well the Screen/Setup Boosting gimmick. Most of the times, Ash-Greninja will be choice-locked into Dark Pulse, which clefable can certainly take advantage of and set up boosting . Quagsire can handle Ash-Greninja when already augmented by +2 stages os special defense. Espeon can also handle it behind screens by using dazzling gleam. Charizard X can also dispatch Ash-Greninja if it has its Spe stage augmented. All in all, Clefable is the one to be sent out to make front to Ash-Greninja.

View attachment 109860
Sword Dance Kartana

I highly recommend to keep Necrozma on the shelf because it can potentially cripple Kartana and disrupt its augmented attack by using Iron Defense. If Kartana is being coupled with a Grassy Terrain Tapu Bulu, your best asnwer is to set up screens beforehand, this way you can set up Iron Defense as well as your Stored power benefits from the boost and so that you can wear down kartana due to its lackluster Special Defense.

View attachment 109856
Taunt Mega Gyarados

In this case, it is suggested that you manage to make as much damage as you can to shorten Mega Gyarados's HP, so that you cripple Mega Gyarados with moves like Charge Beam from Clefable, Dragon Claw from Mega Charizard X. Once all of that has passed, in a 1v1 match the pokemon to switch in to is Quagsire, as its 252 HP / 252 Def investment and its Boosting move Curse would allow it to wall Waterfall-spam so that Quagsire can pick off Mega Gyarados with ease using Waterium Z Hydrop Vortex. Espeon would be useless against Mega Gyarados as Mold breaker Taunt gives the opposing Mega Gyarados the jump on Espeon.

View attachment 109858
Muk-Alola
The way I handle Muk-Alola is I would normally send out Tapu Koko and try to set screens up. After that, the Mega Charizard X Belly Drum set would get the job done. Other way to finish Muk-Alola up is to take advantage and set up boosting on Clefable as Magic Guard negates Poison status condition.

Replays

Mega Charizard X Belly Drum Offensive prowess [XX Juggernaut]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728271630
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728273644
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728291812
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728282433

Necrosma Chesto Berry Rest [A flight of fancy]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728277261
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728277750
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728284805
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728304985

Clefable Stored power/Charge Beam [But then what's left of me?]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728278926
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728303379

Espeon Electric Seed [Hate you to the Sun and back]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728300854
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728299933
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728292872
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728290964
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728287246
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728295844

Quagsire Curse/Amnesia [I can't never turn my back on you, Ditto's there xD]
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728296458
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728307516

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Roost
- Belly Drum
- Dragon Claw

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Defog

Quagsire @ Waterium Z
Impish Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Recover
- Curse
- Amnesia

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam

Espeon @ Electric Seed
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Necrozma @ Chesto Berry
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind

Aurella

Essence

DianaZaldivar❤

CamilaCruz

Storm Zone

manols

Crime♡

AnnaKartana

dia_sre

Fantastic_fuego

ilosetostalloroffense

Idud

nintendonoah

ZombieFriedChicken

Predator 30

Dark Elegy

hkjjljih

Austin Whitaker

StayHighAllTheTime

BUMMO is an expression that 100% defines what a Hazardless Setup Boosting team stands for. Exuberantly disgusting to the naked eye, this team does not leave a good taste in the mouth, either giving the jump on this team or just straight up losing. It's head scratching not to get a crit on this boosted pokemons, but I always emphasize players that it's now 1/24 for a crit to occur, being 1/16 in past times. This team is intended to spread fun, but that intent is seemingly taking another direction. I've seen players running this setup boosting team, and one of them confessed me that it felt nauseating beating someone this manner. Someone even told me that this is a team for try-hards, and it was minutes later that I realize that that very same player, not only it kept on joing my battles, but also it was critiquing me out of distaste. More players started labelling this as something you will only see once a month, that adjustments are not needed to be made because facing this team is just as same as facing a Magikarp, it just takes you nowhere. Then after that I was thinking to myself that those players might be running Taunt/Encore/Trick/Dark type pokemons in the upcoming weeks. Furthermore, it's good to know I've always loved the termination ending in "UMMO", reason being is that I added a "B" in the commencement, to represent in the coolest way possible the "B" as in Boosting everywhere it is being used, because I consider Boosting to be a very prevalent playstyle that only needs a little more legitimacy from the players.

Kyurem Stall

Skarmory (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Chansey @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Substitute
- Earth Power

Druddigon BP

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense

Scolipede (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn
- Protect
- Substitute

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam

Espeon (F) @ Kee Berry
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Kommo-o Belly Drum HO

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Glare
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
- Hypnosis

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Double Blob Hyper Stall
View attachment 110024
View attachment 110025

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell

hey bro great rmt, cant really add much to the team however i would definitely recommend running u turn over defog on koko - you deny hazards / set up already with taunt and magic bounce on espeon and its just nice to have the pivoting ability. also, rather than copy pasting / inserting images into a post, drag it from another tab onto your post instead, that way you dont get the annoying attachment list on the bottom. p.s fuck you for beating my ass on ladder with rampardos trick room LOL

hey bro great rmt, cant really add much to the team however i would definitely recommend running u turn over defog on koko - you deny hazards / set up already with taunt and magic bounce on espeon and its just nice to have the pivoting ability. also, rather than copy pasting / inserting images into a post, drag it from another tab onto your post instead, that way you dont get the annoying attachment list on the bottom. p.s fuck you for beating my ass on ladder with rampardos trick room LOL
Thanks a whole lot about your suggestion, I'm conscious of the pivoting game, notice that Charizard X demands a hazardless field, with that being said, I opted to run defog over U-turn. Now if you get to run Bummo 2.0 then that would be another story... Now that I think about it, I'm gonna add U-turn over Defog on Bummo 2.0. Thanks bro! You've been helpful on this matter. Appreciate it! :)

Not rlly a rate, but dude, sick team! I tried it out and made some very sh*tty plays but still managed to win with necrozma. Some of my moves were asking for death, yet I still managed to come out as the victor, love the team now lol. Here's the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-740613316 I don't even know what I was doing there lol
Necrozma I would say is the best late-game cleaner this team has... and I'm overly glad that Necrozma has shown what it stands for... a Flight of Fancy! :)

musharna.gif

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 48 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Rest

This thing has better overall bulk than Necrozma, and Synchronize punishes Toxic users that aren't immune like Chansey, Mantine, and Zygarde. 64 Speed EVs is to creep 8 speed Toxapex. I just find it to be a bit better than Necrozma given the context of the team. Teams like Baton Pass liked Necrozma more because of its higher Speed, but bulk is more appreciated on this team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-743787068
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-743781628

Seems like you really like Charizard, but is there any Pokemon you would consider replacing it with?

I'd prefer to just run U-Turn on Tapu Koko and don't really want to deal with Rocks damage and not being able to consistently set up.

View attachment 114756
Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 48 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Barrier
- Rest

This thing has better overall bulk than Necrozma, and Synchronize punishes Toxic users that aren't immune like Chansey, Mantine, and Zygarde. 64 Speed EVs is to creep 8 speed Toxapex. I just find it to be a bit better than Necrozma given the context of the team. Teams like Baton Pass liked Necrozma more because of its higher Speed, but bulk is more appreciated on this team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-743787068
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-743781628
AK... you know what's funny? There was point that I was so into elevating the Boosting game, that actually did use this Musharna set. I was looking for a pokemon with a similar set to necrozma's. And it turned to be just these 2 pokemons are able to run stored power/+1sp.a +sp.d/+2Def/Rest...unfortunately i didn't save any replays cuz in the end i only used for a couple of battles but yeah I remember till this day but the only difference is that my set didn't have spe investment, i just went 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Sp.D Calm Nature. Now I commited a huge mistake, and it was the one to run both Musharna as Necrozma on the same setup boosting team, getting to run the same exact set on a team is kinda whack smh....But thanks for bringing that up you always happen to come up with interesting topics... btw still waiting on a BanDisnDatnMe & AnnaKartana rmt :D

Seems like you really like Charizard, but is there any Pokemon you would consider replacing it with?

I'd prefer to just run U-Turn on Tapu Koko and don't really want to deal with Rocks damage and not being able to consistently set up.
Thanks Doug the duggo! I am really considering running U-turn tbh.... but I will still run Defog over U-turn since T-spikes cripples both Espeon and QUAGSIRE ... but for the juggernaut sweeper.... If you want you can run Kommo-o BD ... bc i've realized that players have been expecting Cha X BD so bad they don't even allow it to set up properly that's how mad popular this team has gotten... but yeah idk there might another mon there but whether it might be able to function as well as Cha X is still yet to be seen :)

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
lol sup ban, while you already know what im about to say congrats for getting so high. This team is extremely weak to other setup mons ironically and defoggers, and ghosts mons (red card mons too). Im sure you know this - as we have played so many times and hoopa c averages like 4-5 kills a game vs this team. I'd suggest having a more whirlwind or setup remover on here. The strategy seems obvious to me at least, even without seeing the first time. It's also weak to strong hits and surprises. What about getting rid of the clef?

Last edited:
lol sup ban, while you already know what im about to say congrats for getting so high. This team is extremely weak to other setup mons ironically and defoggers, and ghosts mons (red card mons too). Im sure you know this - as we have played so many times and hoopa c averages like 4-5 kills a game vs this team. I'd suggest having a more whirlwind or setup remover on here. The strategy seems obvious to me at least, even without seeing the first time. It's also weak to strong hits and surprises. What about getting rid of the clef?
Well, first off, I want to clarify you sth real quick... This team has already been sorted out... the way you are describing it it's clear to see that them counter teams are real...trust me... when I first started laddering... you damn know for sure there weren't as many hoopas as now... I even got to see Clear Smog Amoogus on a Weavile stall... and that has never been seen before... Haze is being given more use... Roar/Whirlwind implemented as for late... but in the end, I cherish your suggestion about clef's removal... there may be a way to make this team better after all the adjustment the league has made... but that requires time and a lot of thinking... so if you wish we can get to discuss what kind of update could this team actually get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)