SM UU bad luck charm

Introduction

So I've always loved playing Offense. It's an incredibly versatile playstyle, and it's just so aggressive that I end up loving how it plays in general. It forces me to think fast and hard, drive home the point, and go for the kill quickly. But with age comes experience, and I realize I can't always play so forthright, making ballsy plays to get the job done. I need more finesse. So naturally what I did to complement my new thought processes in playing was to create a new playstyle. I call this Hyper-Balance.

Being serious now, the entire point of this team is basically hard-hitting offensive pressure backed up by a couple of decently tanky mons. Entei and Nidoqueen are complementary breakers, both serving as aggressive wallbreakers with decently high-powered stabs. Both check Fairies, Nidoqueen helps to break down fat physical walls and Entei does the inverse. Hydreigon and Metagross both serve to check Dragons and new drops such as Xurkitree and Buzzswole, as well as provide a half-decent wincon late-game for when the mess can be cleaned up. Scizor is a mandatory hazard removal that facilitates a second decently strong priority, and can pivot in and out with Hydreigon to help whittle down things and potentially get dangerous pokemon into position to go for damage. The final addition is Mega Aerodactyl, which serves as a form of some speed control, outrunning the two new megas and Xurkitree wholesale, while being able to handle itself nicely with Hone Claws.

The Team

Entei @ Choice Band | Pressure
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
• Sacred Fire
• Flare Blitz
• Extreme Speed
• Stone Edge

Hey, I'm writing the Analysis for this thing. I wanted to get more practice with it, so I decided to make a team that could play to its strengths over things like Darmanitan and Infernape. The difference it distinguishes itself with is not just a great 50% burn chance, but also has fairly good bulk for an offensive wallbreaker, and as a tertiary characteristic it has access to in my opinion the best priority in the game in Extreme Speed. The EVs are nothing special, and as everybody is aware Entei is forced to be Adamant through event restrictions.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
• Draco Meteor
• Dark Pulse
• Fire Blast
• U-turn

Originally, I'd been planning to use Specs Hydreigon. It just had such a high-powered draw to it. But then I realized that this team would benefit from more speed that wasn't a single mega, and I needed a hit-and-run Pokemon that could do good in almost every game. So I turned to my ORAS days and came up with Hydreigon. It might not be the best dragon in the tier, and it might not be the fastest, but carrying a ground immunity, a knock off resistance, and an all-around general offensive check to anything that isn't a fairy is pretty good for this particular team.

Metagross @ Assault Vest | Clear Body
Brave | 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
• Pursuit
• Zen Headbutt
• Meteor Mash
• Grass Knot

Around here, I was searching for a part of a defensive backbone. I wanted something that could pivot in on Latias and co, take a hit, and Pursuit it out. Krookodile was out since it dies to a Z-Draco, and I wanted a way to at least halfway check a Swampert trying to set up rain in front of this thing thinking I'd switch out. So I went to an older fallback and ran Grass Knot on it to at least somewhat hit bulky waters, while carrying the dual stabs that would hit some of the things it'd love to check fairly hard.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb | Sheer Force
Modest | 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
• Stealth Rock
• Earth Power
• Sludge Wave
• Ice Beam

Around this point I'd been joking that this was beginning to look like ORAS Offense, but Nidoqueen has always been a favorite Pokemon of mine to use as a rocker. I run just enough speed to outpace neutral-natured base 55s such as Crawdaunt, and dump the rest in Special Attack and HP. Now, Nidoqueen can multitask pretty well. It checks things like Cobalion, can take a hit from non-adamant Gliscor and kill with Ice Beam, does the same with Sceptile and Beedrill, stops Xurkitree if it hasn't set up, maims offensive Scizor, murders Primarina, you get the point. Overall a great offensive and defensive glue which sadly doesn't get the usage it used to.

Scizor @ Leftovers | Technician
Impish | 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
• Defog
• Roost
• U-turn
• Bullet Punch

When I made Rules of Nature_ all those moons ago, I'd been a big fan of just hitting things until they died. Unfortunately, I saw the issue when hazard stacking caught up to me, and I made it a goal to never die as horrendously as I did to Life Orb Galvantula and Swords Dance Zoroark. Now, UU has a nice new toy in Scizor, which has fun in the tier already. Serving as a nice priority user and Mega Aerodactyl check, this covers a general hazard coverage, since Entei already gets worn down quickly and that's my main breaker.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite | Unnerve
Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
• Hone Claws
• Stone Edge
• Aerial Ace
• Aqua Tail / Earthquake

Mega Aerodactyl has fun in the tier when it's the fastest unboosted pokemon around. The Speed Buff also helped it immediately check things such as Sceptile and Beedrill post-mega, and they would otherwise run rampant. Sorely lacking a true dedicated wincon, I opted to go for Hone Claws as that boosts an impressive attack and more importantly, makes it much harder to miss its main stab in Stone Edge. 107% harder, actually. I also elected to run Aqua Tail to handle some annoying bulky grounds such as Krookodile, Gliscor, and Hippowdon, though if you really have issues with bulky steels for some reason Earthquake is an option.

Conclusion

So this is my Bad Luck Charm. Almost immediately after making this team, I managed to climb up to 1400 in ~15 games, which is unheard of success for me, so either I was on a hot streak or the team just functions effectively.

One big issue is I have an issue with bulky waters. I've considered Trick Band Metagross, but that somewhat neuters the ability to check some things it would otherwise, so I'm stuck on the issue. Overall though, I've been enjoying the team, and of course want to improve it.

Until next time,
Nightingales

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Grass Knot

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail

Hi, nice team but I tried it in ladder and this team has many problems against Rain+ Mega Swampert, Fight Sweepers such as Terrakion and Cobalion, Volcanion.
I tried to keep the roles that you've chosen and you could:
--->
Empoleon could be more useful because: can kill Fire types such as Chandelure or Entei, has Defog, can give problems to fairy types and can bate-kill Mega Swampert (thanks to combination of Shuca berry and Grass Knot)
--->
Buzzwole could be more useful because: can give problems to fatty pokemons such as Alomomola or Amoonguss, it better checks the Dark and Fight types such as Cobalion or Mega Absol and it can do more damages

Ice Fang
---> Aqua Tail
Buzzwole and Empoleon give a lot of help against ground types such as Hippowdon, so you can try to use Ice Fang to hit Ground and Dragon types

Empoleon:
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 84+ Def Empoleon: 294-348 (79 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 84+ Def Shuca Berry Empoleon: 184-217 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

120 SpA Empoleon Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Swampert-Mega: 324-384 (95 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Buzzwole:
I never play this Pokemon so I copy the main ou spread with a little change:
64 evs Speed ---> 100 evs Speed because speed is not so important, 64 evs to be faster than Adamant Crawdaunt

56 evs SpDef ---> 12 evs SpDef to resist Latias' Draco Meteor

252 SpA Soul Dew Latias Draco Meteor vs. 200 HP / 56 SpD Buzzwole: 342-403 (84.4 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 120 SpA / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Grass Knot
- Scald
- Flash Cannon

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 200 HP / 188 Atk / 56 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Life
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Fang

I hope my first rate will help you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)