Tournament AXPL I: Manager Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundays

tired dreaming
is a Tiering Contributor
hosted by sundays and Muralik29, approved by Rage

art by Hydroflorix
Hello everyone, welcome to the inaugural Apex Premier League! AXPL is an A Place to Hangout discord server-based event. It is a team tournament with unique formats. Teams are formed through an auction where the chosen captains of each team buy the registered players that they desire. First, there will be a round robin between the eight teams for seven weeks to qualify for the playoffs, where the top four teams battle to determine who will be tournament's champion. This tournament is part of the APTH Circuit!

The main rules and structure of the tournament are as follows:
  • Each Team shall ideally have 8 starting players and atleast 2 substitutes.
  • The auction budget for each team is of 100k.
  • Both Managers can self-buy. If only one manager self buys it'll cost 10k. If both decide to play it'll cost 25k.
  • Each team can have a maximum of 14 players.
  • The top 2 players with the best win percentage from the teams that didn't qualify for playoffs will get randomly migrated to one of the qualifying teams.
  • Correspondingly, the playoffs will be played with 10 starters i.e. 10v10 playoffs.
  • The general forum tournament rules will loosely apply to this tournament.
  • It is heavily recommended for every participant to join the A Place to Hangout discord server for timely updates!
  • Reminder that there is no CA prize to this tournament!

The Tiers for this iteration of AXPL are:
  • Ban for Ban Random Battle: Unique Bring 10 Pick 6 Random Battles Best of 3 where from a players team one pokemon is randomly banned and one pokemon is manually banned by the opponent. Example Game.
  • Auction: Draft of 8 Pokemon with one tera captain formed through Auction pre-tournament to be used throughout in 6v6 singles battles.
  • Limit Break: Battle in a new tier every week with teams needing to be formed under a given cumulative BST limit. More info.
  • Same Solo: Best of 3 with three unique Pokemon in a Monopoke 1v1 style.
  • Same SolOM: Best of 3 with three unique Pokemon in a Monopoke 1v1 style with the tiers being Almost Any Ability, Camomons and Alphabet Cup.
  • Same Duo: Best of 3 with three unique pairs of Pokemon in a 2v2 doubles style.
  • Same Six: Battle with same team of Pokemon in singles.
  • Doubles Same Six: Battle with same team of Pokemon in doubles.
  • Bonus Formats for Play-offs: Same Trio (triples 3v3) and SV OU Cloak And Dagger (protect given pokemon).

If you wish to manage a team in AXPL I, make a post using the below format. These are open sign-ups, meaning any pair of users is eligible to sign-up. These pairs will be vetted and chosen by the hosts along with APTH staff.
Code:
Team Name:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Why would you make a Good Manager?:
Sign-ups end whenever we find suitable 8 pairs before April 14th, 11:59 PM GMT-5
pEace.

Team Name: [REDACTED] Rowlets
Manager: DragonPhoenix333
Assman (Assistant Manager): bleahey
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Hello, we are back from managing and winning HGPL III and we're hungry for more. I'm sure our players can attest that we fostered a good environment in the server (hopefully....), and we're hoping to do it again. The Foot Doctor is also a commonplace sight in TMG, hmmm, I wonder how many of these tiers are related to TMG... I think that me and bleahey would be well-prepared for managing, again, proven by winning HGPL III. And to quote the GPT, "we will strive to create an engaging and enjoyable experience for all participants while upholding the integrity of the competition."

Last edited:
Team Name: Feet Pic Finos
Manager: DragonPhoenix333
Assman (Assistant Manager): bleahey
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Hello, we are back from managing and winning HGPL III and we're hungry for more. I'm sure our players can attest that we fostered a good environment in the server (hopefully....), and we're hoping to do it again. The Foot Doctor is also a commonplace sight in TMG, hmmm, I wonder how many of these tiers are related to TMG... I think that me and bleahey would be well-prepared for managing, again, proven by winning HGPL III. And to quote the GPT, "we will strive to create an engaging and enjoyable experience for all participants while upholding the integrity of the competition."
confirming

Team Name: Divine Pulse Dialgas
Manager: ionnss
Assistant Manager: Lechen
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Somebody has to stop the "Feet Pic Finos"

also iirc (correct me if im wrong) (which i might be) i *think* Lechen is goated. i'd also love to be given the opportunity to improve on my managing performance from hgpl iii, since i might not be able to manage for 4. basically, let us in and we're both guaranteed to do our best to help our team win.

Team Name: Mega Ray Rays
Manager: Kanha Greninja
Assistant Manager: Shivam_Z
Why would you make a Good Manager?: played in RBTT. playing in MSPL. Reached Finals in AGWL. Played in 1v1 OGPL. Meanwhile Shivam z can be the perfect support role with his spirit and motivation he has the power of friendship.

Last edited:

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff
Team Name: Iron Walrein of Date Tech
Manager: Cyril tbh
Assistant Manager: seroo
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We have a ton of managing experience, spanning over tons of different tours. I have managed a few off site team tours, as well as the last APTH team tour, that being HGPL III. I also managed HGPL I and did very well. I consistently do okay as a manager and I know how to run a team. Seroo has heaps of experience managing, having managed several tours, such as TPP, UWC, UMPL, DWC, NDWC and is managing the current ADVPL. Clearly he has managed big tours, and knows how to run a succesful team. We are also experienced with the formats, Seroo having been tmg staff for a good while and me having played in a bunch of the tours hosted by Sundays. I've been in the APTH server for a while and am former staff.

TLDR: We are no strangers to how a team should be run , we think we have a decently good understanding at the tier at hands and we know the community base pretty well
1712167448659.png

seroo

c'est la vie
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name: Iron Walrein of Date Tech
Manager: Cyril tbh
Assistant Manager: seroo
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We have a ton of managing experience, spanning over tons of different tours. I have managed a few off site team tours, as well as the last APTH team tour, that being HGPL III. I also managed HGPL I and did very well. I consistently do okay as a manager and I know how to run a team. Seroo has heaps of experience managing, having managed several tours, such as TPP, UWC, UMPL, DWC, NDWC and is managing the current ADVPL. Clearly he has managed big tours, and knows how to run a succesful team. We are also experienced with the formats, Seroo having been tmg staff for a good while and me having played in a bunch of the tours hosted by Sundays. I've been in the APTH server for a while and am former staff.

TLDR: We are no strangers to how a team should be run , we think we have a decently good understanding at the tier at hands and we know the community base pretty well
View attachment 621690
si

Team Name: Blue Lock Blacephalons
Manager: Uta The Clown
Assistant Manager: Da Pizza Man
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Skilled team builder, Long time comp player, made it to finals of HGPL III and I hunger for a W. involved in MSPL, well rounded in om’s looking to improve my managing skill. i can promise a chill environment while also cooking the opps. Me and the goat Dpm will help lead our team to victory.

Last edited:

Lechen

scorched by flames
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name: Divine Pulse Dialgas
Manager: ionnss
Assistant Manager: Lechen
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Somebody has to stop the "Feet Pic Finos"

also iirc (correct me if im wrong) (which i might be) i *think* Lechen is goated. i'd also love to be given the opportunity to improve on my managing performance from hgpl iii, since i might not be able to manage for 4. basically, let us in and we're both guaranteed to do our best to help our team win.
confirming. im also comaning in mspl and have played in other team tours like blt and tpp (where i mained same six) before.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Team Name: Blue Lock Blacephalons
Manager: Uta The Clown
Assistant Manager: Da Pizza Man
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Skilled team builder, Long time comp player, made it to finals of HGPL III and I hunger for a W. involved in MSPL, well rounded in om’s looking to improve my managing skill. i can promise a chill environment while also cooking the opps. Me and the goat Dpm will help lead our team to victory.
Confirming

Team Name: The Power Up Punching Ledians
Manager: Flodsire
Assistant Manager: aaassssman ihbst (ihavebestsandteam)
Why would I be a good manager?: Because, I can show my full power, I will show my strength in battles, we can power-up punch our way to the finish line. Oh, and Ihbst was a former lobby bitcoin leaderboard winner.

Last edited:

Kinzo

formerly Kinzo Ketchum
Team Name: Giggling Gyaradosites
Manager: Kinzo
Co-manager: Spcplayzz
Why would we be good managers: spc managed hgpl 2 and 3. I managed ndotpl, ispl and several off site tours while hosting the recent mspl etc. We know how to manage a team and know the playerpool to draft a well functioning and productive team. We can ensure that there will be a good environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm.
E99-s8RWQAorccp.jpg

sundays

tired dreaming
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name: Giggling Gyaradosites
Manager: Kinzo
Co-manager: Spcplayzz
Why would we be good managers: spc managed hgpl 2 and 3. I managed ndotpl, ispl and several off site tours while hosting the recent mspl etc. We know how to manage a team and know the playerpool to draft a well functioning and productive team. We can ensure that there will be a good environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm.
View attachment 621870
Confirming and I def did not post anything b4 this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)