Averagemons

MAMP

MAMP!
Hi everyone! Sun and Moon are only a few weeks away, which means it's probably a good time to talk about the next generation! Here's what I was thinking for the initial banlist:

Code:
Soul Dew
Thick Club
Deepseatooth
Deepseascale
Light Ball
Eviolite
Mawilite
Medichamite
Gengarite

Smeargle

Huge Power
Pure Power
Shadow Tag
Arena Trap

Chatter
Same as the current banlist except without Kangaskhanite and Sableye -- Parental Bond has been nerfed in SM so Kanga should be more manageable and I think that Sableye is worth retesting at the very least. What do you all think?

SM is bringing a lot of cool new stuff that will no doubt shake up the metagame. I'm really looking forward to Z Moves and the island guardians personally, but theres lots of cool stuff besides -- what are you all looking forward to in SM Averagemons?

Hi everyone! Sun and Moon are only a few weeks away, which means it's probably a good time to talk about the next generation! Here's what I was thinking for the initial banlist:

Code:
Soul Dew
Thick Club
Deepseatooth
Deepseascale
Light Ball
Eviolite
Mawilite
Medichamite
Gengarite

Smeargle

Huge Power
Pure Power
Shadow Tag
Arena Trap

Chatter
Same as the current banlist except without Kangaskhanite and Sableye -- Parental Bond has been nerfed in SM so Kanga should be more manageable and I think that Sableye is worth retesting at the very least. What do you all think?

SM is bringing a lot of cool new stuff that will no doubt shake up the metagame. I'm really looking forward to Z Moves and the island guardians personally, but theres lots of cool stuff besides -- what are you all looking forward to in SM Averagemons?
I mostly agree with this, but why would Deepseascale be banned? Yes, it doubles special defense of Clamperl, bu Clamperl isn't walling anything specially thanks to its lack of recovery and the existence of Serperior. I suppose that it let Clamperl set up more easily, but it's almost certainly still not going to be good. Furthermore, its not a case of "all unique items banned", as Lucky Punch and Stick are legal.

One thing I'm looking forward to is Magearna. It'll obviously depend on its movepool, but it has the same great typing as Mawile and Klefki. Ideally it'll have recovery, but some kind of boosting+Earth Power would also be nice.

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
I mostly agree with this, but why would Deepseascale be banned? Yes, it doubles special defense of Clamperl, bu Clamperl isn't walling anything specially thanks to its lack of recovery and the existence of Serperior. I suppose that it let Clamperl set up more easily, but it's almost certainly still not going to be good. Furthermore, its not a case of "all unique items banned", as Lucky Punch and Stick are legal.

One thing I'm looking forward to is Magearna. It'll obviously depend on its movepool, but it has the same great typing as Mawile and Klefki. Ideally it'll have recovery, but some kind of boosting+Earth Power would also be nice.
That's a good point about DeepSeaScale, it was banned since before I took over and I never really looked twice at it. I think you're right that it probably isn't broken, I'm happy to try unbanning it at the start of next generation.

Another thing I just realised is that Extreme Evoboost, Eevee's signature Z Move which gives it +2 in every stat, is probably broken as all shit. Eevee is already decent in Averagemons thanks to Adaptability and I feel that Extreme Evoboost will just be too difficult to deal with. Do you think it's worth giving it a chance or should it just be banned from the start?

I'd say it's at least worth testing. It's got an opportunity cost(only one Z move per battle), and Eevee while it DOES have adaptability, it also lacks any reasonable coverage options and is completely reliant on someone giving it a free turn. It'll still probably get banned but I'd at least like to see whether it would really be as broken as people think.

That's a good point about DeepSeaScale, it was banned since before I took over and I never really looked twice at it. I think you're right that it probably isn't broken, I'm happy to try unbanning it at the start of next generation.

Another thing I just realised is that Extreme Evoboost, Eevee's signature Z Move which gives it +2 in every stat, is probably broken as all shit. Eevee is already decent in Averagemons thanks to Adaptability and I feel that Extreme Evoboost will just be too difficult to deal with. Do you think it's worth giving it a chance or should it just be banned from the start?
At a geuss, I would say its probably banworthy, but not the extent it shouldn't be tested. It seems to be a wrose types, less predictable Xerneas- Fairy Aura vs. Adaptability, +2/+2/+2 vs +2/+2/+2/+2/+2, etc. Xerneas,however, has the better movepool, and while Eevee does get Quick Attack,Sing, and Wish there isn't much else of note.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Gen 7 will probably add some new threats to this meta.
Here's some ideas.

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z / Life Orb
Adamant Nature
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Ability: Technician
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Spectral Thief
- Bulk Up

Basically the classic set.
Spectral Thief and Shadow Sneak + Technician is fantastic.
And with Close Combat, you get a perfect STAB coverage.
Bulk Up is here for setup, you don't really need speed because you have Shadow Sneak.
You can also run a Hidden Power to hit your checks.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
- Play Rough

Another dangerous Shadow Sneak user.
Play Rough is your main STAB, Leech Life is here for coverage and recovery, and Shadow Sneak for everything else.
Disguise will make you able to set up very easily.

Araquanid @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Leech Life
- Entrainment
- Stockpile
- Liquidation

Let's just say...
252+ Atk Life Orb Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 175-207 (84.5 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
You think you can block this deadly creature with your Primal Groudon ? Think again. Araquanid have Entrainment. You know what's the best part ? Araquanid is immune to your Will-O-Wisps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)