Resource Ask a simple question get a simple answer: RU edition

fletch loves them gone, tyrantrum was probably the staple check to it on offense and toxic / rock move steelix beat fletch as well. offense probably will have a much harder time with fletch now as a result of tyrants ban

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Choice Band Escavalier and Life Orb Druddigon are key offensive Pokemon that benefit greatly from Mega Lix and Tyrantrum being gone. Rhyperior and Diancie become the key Stealth Rock setters and Aggron the main Head Smash user.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Audino gets significantly better without lix since it doesnt have to deal with lix+it loses one of its biggest competitors for the role of: stall mega

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
your hp stat. LO numbers put your hp under a multiple of 10 (I believe accelgor goes 301 > 299)

its not actually that big of a deal in ru though, as it saves you a very minimal amount of hp compared to whats used, as you have to attack 3 times before it saves you 1 hp

edit: for accelgor it also saves you 1 hp from sr so there's that i guess

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also, accelgor isnt going to be taking too many hits, so you don't really need the most of all ten life orb rounds regardless since you're just going to take a few lives from the opposing team until accelgor is no longer valuable, at least that's the way that I use it.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's still something you should do (imo) with any mon using LO that you aren't counting on to take any hits as SR damage can sometimes make it to where you're able to get off one more hit by taking 1 less hp recoil from LO. Nothing you really lose by doing it unless the Pokemon is something like Venusaur that has reliable recovery and / or can take resisted hits pretty easily.

i didn't want to derail the viability thread, so ill ask here. why is druddigon ranked at B-? people have been saying that druddigon got better after mega steelix and tyrantrum were banned.

i didn't want to derail the viability thread, so ill ask here. why is druddigon ranked at B-? people have been saying that druddigon got better after mega steelix and tyrantrum were banned.
I honestly don't know, I think it is easily an A Rank mon in current RU - its Life Orb set has very few safe switch ins and it can run a great specially defensive set, capitalising on its useful resistances. My guess is that it's slow and not that bulky.

As for the new meta, what Pokémon would you say have gotten worse since M-Steelix and Tyrantrum were banned? Bronzong springs to mind, as between Registeel's bulk and Aggron and Escavalier's power, it's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I think the rise in fairies helps kind of deter it from moving up since Banded Drud can't just click Outrage and you also have to predict with a move with pretty bad accuracy for it work. I think it could be bumped up to B or B+

Mawile got worse not being a staple on ho

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the rise in fairies helps kind of deter it from moving up since Banded Drud can't just click Outrage and you also have to predict with a move with pretty bad accuracy for it work. I think it could be bumped up to B or B+
It still has Sheer Force boosted Iron Head, Iron Tail and Gunk Shot to deal with Fairies, and Life Orb was always a better set than Band IMO.

You have to understand something first. With Mega Steelix gone, Druddigon has arguably risen in viability, yes, but so have other pokemon, such as Fairy-types, the bane of its existence. It wants to click Outrage 100% of the time, and because of these fairy-types, it can't do that.

Fran

formerly Frania
is a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
is there anything outside of uxie/spiritomb that can switch into medicham on balanced teams

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
is there anything outside of uxie/spiritomb that can switch into medicham on balanced teams
Fat psychics and ghosts are the most effective way to check medicham in general. If it can take a high jump kick or make medicham not use high jump kick, you are fine against it.

So to summarize, adding what Kableye said, here is a list:

Psychic types like: Musharna, Hoopa, Slowking, Uxie, Sigilyph
Fairies like: Granbull, Aromatisse, (togetic manages to get 2hkod by zen headbutt after rocks)
Ghosts like: Cofagrigus, Spiritomb, Gourgeist, Jellicent

There is also fletchinder that fits really well on balance and can revenge kill medicham all the time but not a switch-in at all. Hoopa and sigilyph, even tho they arent fat, they can deal with cham thanks to their typing.

Good luck.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
It has pretty mediocre coverage, is easy to wall, and has its damage output is crippled by priority and stealth rocks. It also can't really run any items other that choice items or charcoal, which further limits it's ability to actually wallbreak.

You're usually better off with Delphox or Houndoom as a special fire, since they have ways around common walls.

EonX

Battle Soul
To add on to this, Typhlosion's primary answers, Slowking and Alomomola, have Regenerator to even thwart predictions with Hidden Power Grass and it also has other good checks in Diancie, Blastoise, Rhyperior, and Flygon that are somewhat easier to wear down, but still deter the use of Fire-type moves long enough to wear down Typhlosion or force it to make risky plays.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
When's the next major ru tour after summer seasonal? I'll be without technology for the next month as I'm going off to camp

When's the next major ru tour after summer seasonal? I'll be without technology for the next month as I'm going off to camp
If you want to participate its winter seasonals, proably, unless someone pulls a bw2 ru thing outta nowhere (dont expect this but it would certainly be a pleasant surprise).

if not just look at ldm's thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)