Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

A small question: when are the usage statistics for the months of November and December? This is because there have been new games (USUM) that delay the publication of stats?

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
Why is blaze baziken banned from UU/OU ?
speed boost isn’t broken on other pokemon like ninjask and yanmega, so there isn’t a reason to ban the ability like with arena trap. because of this, if blaze blaziken was to be allowed in ou, there would have to be a complex ban on blaziken + speed boost, which smogon tends to avoid

I'm aware showdown has a multiple alternative URLs such as sim.smogon.com-80.psim.us (I think that was one).
Could someone list all of them?

Also is there a way to connect to a showdown server not through psim.us? (for partially offline coding, blocked psim.us)
Specifically, I'd could use Pokemon-Showdown-Client-master's testclient.html instead of psim.us I think, but any server not localhost automatically goes through psim.us.

Thanks! ^-^

Last edited:
Also is there a way to connect to a showdown server not through psim.us? (for partially offline coding, blocked psim.us)
Specifically, I'd could use Pokemon-Showdown-Client-master's testclient.html instead of psim.us I think, but any server not localhost automatically goes through psim.us.
You can use testclient.html with other servers if you know their configured address (for long .psim.us names I think this is just the name without .psim.us but for registered servers you'd need to find it out another way); if you add ?~~ and the server's address to the URL then it will connect to that server instead. Note that it's possible that there are features not supported by the test client.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I laddered extensively under the alt "till i collapse" circa ~2013 and used it as my main suspect alt for uu/ru/ubers tests. I tried to log into it for the first time in several years last ru suspect round, but received the following message:

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 11.48.55 PM.png

I'm not quite sure what it means; idk if old/inactive alts are archived, but if I could get the username back that'd be fantastic :blobthumbsup:

e: thank you friend!!

Last edited:
Hi, I laddered extensively under the alt "till i collapse" circa ~2013 and used it as my main suspect alt for uu/ru/ubers tests. I tried to log into it for the first time in several years last ru suspect round, but received the following message:

I'm not quite sure what it means; idk if old/inactive alts are archived, but if I could get the username back that'd be fantastic :blobthumbsup:
That means the account has been disabled, you will have to make an admin request in order to reclaim it.

Faime

Banned deucer.
Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to obtain a name on Showdown if the account has been inactive for years? I've always gone by this name, but unfortunately it's taken. They haven't been on in about 5 years.

Raidx

Banned deucer.
Being able to view roomlogs would make roomauth promotions a lot easier since we'll be able to check activity levels and such, so why is it restricted to global + and up?

Being able to view roomlogs would make roomauth promotions a lot easier since we'll be able to check activity levels and such, so why is it restricted to global + and up?
Room logs will eventually become part of the PS client, the same way /modlog already is. It might take some time, but that's a planned feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)