Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
How can I get a private group chat on the main showdown server to invite people to? Ive been looking all over, I can't seem to find an answer anywhere

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
RoakOriginal looks like PS is currently undergoing some bug regarding Random Battles with pokemon getting random stat buffs. They're a known issue.

EDIT:
[17:10:46] %Wally~: the stat bug is now fixed, everything should be fine if new battles

How do I change a Pokemon's stats? I can so far only change its EVs and IVs. I am trying to change its HP, ATT, DEF and stuff.
The stats are, like in the games, based on evs and ivs.

At level 100, they're calculated like this: Stat = 2 * base + 5 + ivs + evs / 4.

This means that a Mew (100 base attack), with 252 evs and 31 ivs, will have an attack stat of 2 * 100 + 5 + 31 + 63 = 299. If it has adamant nature, that is increased by 10% to 299 + 29 = 328.

For HP, the formula is Stat = 2 * base + 110 + ivs + evs / 4 instead.

Acast

Why is Latios-Mega listed as OU rather than OU by technicality, given that it didn't receive enough usage to make it to OU?
(attached a screenshot of this)
Because the fact that it's a technicality is unimportant. "OU by technicality" is a lot of unnecessary characters to say that Mega Latios is essentially OU.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Because the fact that it's a technicality is unimportant. "OU by technicality" is a lot of unnecessary characters to say that Mega Latios is essentially OU.
but mega garchomp is in ou by technicality (which is abbreviated by "(ou)")

Acast

but mega garchomp is in ou by technicality (which is abbreviated by "(ou)")
Ah, to be honest I was unaware they used parentheses to indicate it was a technicality. Sorry for that. In the case of Mega Latios, I'm sure it's just because it was only recently released and they haven't gotten around to updating it yet.

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
dumb question but how long do other admin requests generally take? i posted one a month ago today regarding a ps namechange and haven't heard anything back.

so I have a problem with my background on ps, I upload it and the width is cool, but the height is messed up, It happens to every image.
My monitor is 22 inches, my res 1920:1080 if this helps.

Last edited:
If, "/roomauth room" shows online room staff by using bold formatting why isn't it the same for "/auth" or "/globalauth"?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
If, "/roomauth room" shows online room staff by using bold formatting why isn't it the same for "/auth" or "/globalauth"?
Global staff are much more limited compared to the userbase of the entire server than roomauth are to userbases of rooms. Whenever an issue pops up, it's more often than not a scenario where a global staff member doesn't need to be involved, as a roomauth would direct to a global if necessary.

It would also be difficult for global staff to have privacy if they could be spotted from the /auth list as online, even when they're not in a public room.

It would also be difficult for global staff to have privacy if they could be spotted from the /auth list as online, even when they're not in a public room.
This. Note that /roomauth only shows the staff members who are currently in the room (and thus available for moderation). That allows them to close the room and focus on other things on the site, rather than receiving PMs about moderation at all times.

With global auth, this isn't feasible. The closest thing to this behavior would be bolding the globals who are currently in the help room.

Is it possible to clear my alt list? I know i can logout to not leave a trace on .alts, but it happened and i want to delete that list

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)