Data Mentoring Program Signups [ZhengTann now in Charge!]

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi.

I am looking for people to manage the Starting ASB 101, and Reffing 202. Scope of assignment includes:
  • Keeping track of active tutors and inform me if recruitment is required.
  • Keeping track of ongoing programs to ensure tutors aren't falling behind, like me in AC424's Starting 101 :(
  • In the case of Reffing 202, keeping track of whitelisted people, their whitelisted periods, and if necessary inform them when said period is up for their reapplications.
People that can be, or already were, qualified as tutors may be given prioritised consideration, although this is not a requirement. Please reach me via Smogon PMs, and remind me once every 7 days minimum.

Thanks and regards,
Zt

Last edited:
Program: Reffing 101
Timezone: CST right now, MST when DST is off
Reffing Experience (if any): I did a bit when I played 2-3 years ago, but since then I've only reffed a couple small matches (read: flashes)
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to be able to ref more stuff so I can get more UC
Any extra comments about yourself: nope

QUEUE

Starting ASB Queue

-

Reffing Queue
epicdrill

WhiteList Queue
-

TLR Queue

Gym Queue
-

Battling Queue
-

Timezone: EST (GMT-5)
Reffing Experience (if any): None.
Why do you want to be tutored: UC seems great, and I love the flavor that refs add to some battles, even if it's minimal. I'd like to do that.
Any extra comments about yourself: :D

QUEUE

Starting ASB Queue

-

Reffing Queue
Granny Pie

WhiteList Queue
-

TLR Queue

Gym Queue
-

Battling Queue
-

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, I am here to announce that TheBisharpKing will be holding the position of Reffing 202's manager. Duties include tracking the applications / white-listed periods of R202 participants, reviewing and approving new/refreshing applicants, and recruiting new reviewers for aforementioned duties where necessary. I will still be manager for Startup 101 and Battling 101, until someone is willing to relieve me (let me know via PM).

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone: EST
ASB Experience (if any): I have only done one battle and I lost it.
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Standard
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: Because it looks likes a lot of fun! It would also let me meet some new friends. Battling is the only thing about the anime I am curious in, and I love imagining myself as a trainer in the world of Pokemon!
One random fact about yourself: Purple and Pink are my favorite colors.

Timezone: EST
ASB Experience (if any): I did a double battle with nightblitz42 and am currently in a singles battle with Solid Gold.
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Somewhere in between standard and fast.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: I like Pokemon, I like strategy and I like numbers.
One random fact about yourself: My school year just finished so I should be quite active for the next two months.

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Timezone: GMT+2
ASB Experience (if any): Absolutely none
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Standard
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: R O L E P L A Y B O I S (also I kinda suck at traditional competitive battling)
One random fact about yourself: I usually only use cute anime girls as Smogon avys
Any extra comments: s/o to Granny Pie

Suppose this is a good place to start.
Timezone: MST (GMT-7)
ASB Experience (if any): Zilch
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Standard, I guess?
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: All of the intricate mechanics and predicting what your opponent is going to do (and preemptively countering it with subs) add a different strategical layer vs normal battling that seems pretty interesting. The progression (the collecting and slowly training your Pokemon) also seems pretty rewarding.
One random fact about yourself: I've never been good at talking about myself!
Any extra comments: I've read through quite a few ASB battles/roleplays so I know the basic mechanics, the bare bones of substitutions, how switching and counterswitching work (generally speaking), things like that. I'm more looking for strategical and tactical guidance so I know what to look for when I play, if that makes sense.

Timezone: MST (GMT -7)
ASB Experience (if any): None, except the 2 current battles I am doing.
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Expedited.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: Because the concept of it is very appealing, and K would like to try it myself.
One random fact about yourself: I started playing Pokémon in 2013.
Any extra comments: Only joining for Battling 101 / FAQ

Timezone:
EST
Reffing Experience (if any): None
Why do you want to be tutored: Reffing looks fun and profitable
Any extra comments about yourself: idk man

Timezone: MDT, going back to PST in a few weeks.
Reffing Experience (if any): None.
Why do you want to be tutored: Because it will teach me better about the mechanics of the game.
Any extra comments about yourself: I am very active, so I would prefer a fast battle or a Flashbattle.

Timezone: EST (GMT -4)
ASB Experience (if any): I successfully registered
Preferred speed (Expedited, Standard, or Slow): Expedited
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: It seems pretty fun to play
One random fact about yourself: My brother has webbed toes (basically 2 of his toes on each foot are fused)
Any extra comments: I'm a very fast learner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)