Artwork for Tournaments Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I would like to request an artwork for this tournament (signups are scheduled next December 16th):

Tournament Name: DPP OU Tournament
Host: The Quasar (ofc)
Deadline: Signups are scheduled next December 16th
Format: DPP OU
Tournament Rules: Standard DPP OU
Art Direction: well, DPP will no longer be played in Smogon Tour, so something which remembers it (e.g. a DPP pokemon as Infernape (?) with a bindle!)

Thanks in advance!

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Tournament Name: BST OU Tournament II
Host: Crestfall
Deadline: Signups will be up on December 11th/12th but Round 1 (when I'd ideally want the art done by) won't be up until a few days after that.
Format: SM OU
Tournament Rules: I will give a value every round - a player's team may not exceed this total when the 6 members of his/her team have their BSTs added up. I.e. Round 1's limit is 2500, therefore, a team of Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Victini/Manaphy/Shaymin would be illegal as the total would be 3600.
Art Direction: I honestly have no idea, perhaps just a banner would be enough. Don't necessarily need 'pokemon art' but I leave it up to the discretion of whomever decides to tackle this.

As always, thanks to the artist(s) in advance!

Hi everyone. I would like to request an artwork for this tournament (signups are scheduled next December 16th):

Tournament Name: DPP OU Tournament
Deadline: Signups are scheduled next December 16th
Format: DPP OU
Tournament Rules: Standard DPP OU
Art Direction: well, DPP will no longer be played in Smogon Tour, so something which remembers it (e.g. a DPP pokemon as Infernape (?) with a bindle!)

Thanks in advance!

I started working on this, i'll try to finish it soon

I like it. Remember to draw something on the right (at the end of the picture, a long way out) that it's concerned with Smogon Tour like that

Thanks in advance

i didn't really get what you meant, so i made this :) if it has to be different, just tell me and i'll change it!

i didn't really get what you meant, so i made this :) if it has to be different, just tell me and i'll change it!
Well. I thought would be nice add at the top right of the draw (very little) a sign with Smogon Tour banner. Then if you design a hillside route from this ST sign and Infernape and you modify the DPP sign with a fingerpost, I think it's perfect!

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Tournament Name: BST OU Tournament II
Host: Crestfall
Deadline: Signups will be up on December 11th/12th but Round 1 (when I'd ideally want the art done by) won't be up until a few days after that.
Format: SM OU
Tournament Rules: I will give a value every round - a player's team may not exceed this total when the 6 members of his/her team have their BSTs added up. I.e. Round 1's limit is 2500, therefore, a team of Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Victini/Manaphy/Shaymin would be illegal as the total would be 3600.
Art Direction: I honestly have no idea, perhaps just a banner would be enough. Don't necessarily need 'pokemon art' but I leave it up to the discretion of whomever decides to tackle this.

As always, thanks to the artist(s) in advance!
unbumping, a user has PMd me about doing art for this tour. Sorry in case anyone already started!

E: feels wrong for him to not receive credit so I'd like to say thanks to Killua kun for the art!

here it is:
BST Tour II art 1.png

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Tournament name: Little Cup Training Camp
Host: Conni
Projected Deadline: 20th of January 2017
Format(s): SM LC (With various additional rules each round)
Tournament Rules: Standard SM LC rules with additional tweaks each round
Art Direction: You can either pick up the following ideas below or create anything that follows the concept of a Pokemon training camp:

• Mudbray jumping over a hurdle
  • Pawniard sharpening its claws
  • Vullaby cleaning its feathers
  • Timburr carrying multiple logs
  • Mienfoo doing martial arts exercises/warm-ups

Tournament name: Little Cup Training Camp
Host: Conni
Projected Deadline: 20th of January 2017
Format(s): SM LC (With various additional rules each round)
Tournament Rules: Standard SM LC rules with additional tweaks each round
Art Direction: You can either pick up the following ideas below or create anything that follows the concept of a Pokemon training camp:

• Mudbray jumping over a hurdle
  • Pawniard sharpening its claws
  • Vullaby cleaning its feathers
  • Timburr carrying multiple logs
  • Mienfoo doing martial arts exercises/warm-ups
This seems really fun, but i have exams next week so i can only start working on it next friday if that's ok?

Conni

katharsis
What do you think of this?
That looks perfect, I'd probably be the Munchlax in that picture hehe. Although I have one suggestion if you're willing to take it. Maybe you can draw a hurdle or something for Mudbray to jump over? It looks very nice already but I feel like if Mudbray jumps over something like a puddle or hurdle then it would look really cool and more sense as a training camp. Other than that, superb work!

edit: just noticed the brown patch of grass, (or hay), I thought that was just grass lol. So just ignore what I said, this is perfect now :)

Gilbert arenas

Rex rhydon
is a Tiering Contributor
Tournament Name: Just like old times
Host: Marcop
Projected Deadline:February 19
Formats: SM OU,UUand Uber's
Rules:A bo3 tour in the respective tiers
Art Direction:Maybye Hydriegon, Lando/Tapu lele and Groudon Fighting and in a mirror or reflection have Infernape, Venusaur Gira-o. And try to fit the tour name somewhere in the picture:)
If someone could do this id be really grateful.

Last edited:
Tournament name: LC Spring Seasonal
Host: OP
Projected Deadline: March 4th
Format(s): SM LC
Tournament Rules: Standard Little Cup
Art Direction: I think something related to Spring time would be neat. Here's a couple ideas:
  • Sun team themed with Pokemon like Vulpix / Bellsprout / Bulbasaur, but that might feel a little too much like summer?
  • An Easter vibe with Bunnelby / Buneary and Togepi looking like the easter bunny + egg
  • When I think about Spring flowers, grass, and birds come to mind. Snivy, Cottonee, Torchic, Doduo, Spritzee, etc. could be good inclusions
I'm pretty open to anything, just make it cute! n_n

Tournament name: LC Spring Seasonal
Host: OP
Projected Deadline: March 4th
Format(s): SM LC
Tournament Rules: Standard Little Cup
Art Direction: I think something related to Spring time would be neat. Here's a couple ideas:
  • Sun team themed with Pokemon like Vulpix / Bellsprout / Bulbasaur, but that might feel a little too much like summer?
  • An Easter vibe with Bunnelby / Buneary and Togepi looking like the easter bunny + egg
  • When I think about Spring flowers, grass, and birds come to mind. Snivy, Cottonee, Torchic, Doduo, Spritzee, etc. could be good inclusions
I'm pretty open to anything, just make it cute! n_n
i'll do this :)

edit: done!
cutev3.png

Last edited:
Tournament name: PU 1v1 Tournament
Host: EnemyJurist
Projected Deadline: passed, I'm starting the tour, but if you feel like doing this then just let me know :]
Format(s): 1v1 based, but with only PU mons
Tournament Rules: Bring 3 PU pokemon to team preview, choose one to battle. Bo3.
Art Direction: I was thinking two PU pokemon squaring off similar to the art in this thread. other than that, mostly free reign. for any inspiration on what mons to use, here is PU's viability rankings.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Tournament name: Ubers Premier League V
Host: Fireburn
Projected Deadline: 3rd April (date of player signups, manager signups are earlier on the 27th, but this deadline isn't necessary)
Format(s): Ubers, generations ranging from ADV to SM
Tournament Rules: Team tournament with a draft, very similar to SPL
Art Direction: UPL III had Xerneas + Yveltal, UPL IV had Primal Kyogre + Primal Groudon. UPL V should probably feature Zygarde-C, Lunala, or Solgaleo in some arrangement. Our SM viability thread currently features Arceus, Lunala, and Solgaleo in its artwork, so a focus on Zygarde-C would be great. Something that grabs the idea of powerful mons facing each other. I had the idea of a Zygarde-C overlooking Xerneas and Yveltal, as it also shows some progression between UPL III and UPL V, but we're down to have some artist ideas too.

Hi everyone. I would like to request an artwork for this tournament (signups are scheduled next March 14th):

Tournament Name: BW Constrain
Deadline: Signups are scheduled next March 14th
Format: BW OU
Tournament Rules: Standard BW OU but at every round, three OU pokemon are drawn and not available to build team and play
Art Direction: well, a policeman (a pokemon dressed like a cop?) with his red paddle stopping some BW OU pokemons could be a good idea

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone. I would like to request an artwork for this tournament (signups are scheduled next March 14th):

Tournament Name: BW Constrain
Deadline: Signups are scheduled next March 14th
Format: BW OU
Tournament Rules: Standard BW OU but at every round, three OU pokemon are drawn and not available to build team and play
Art Direction: well, a policeman (a pokemon dressed like a cop?) with his red paddle stopping some BW OU pokemons could be a good idea

Thanks in advance!
Signups are running. But an artwork for this is always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)