Pokémon Aromatisse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you do calcs for the possible follow-up moves those pokemon will use? Like Mega-Absol's Play Rough and Machamp's Stone Edge/Bullet Punch? Just curious.
+2 252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aromatisse: 212-250 (52.2 - 61.5%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aromatisse: 94-112 (23.1 - 27.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Well, it can just OHKO Absol W/o investment with Moonblast, and can take a few Bullet Punches from Machamp anyday, so that's still an accomplishment.

Oh, and here's Scizor:

Clefable:

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 210-248 (53.2 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Aromatisse:

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aromatisse: 210-248 (51.7 - 61%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You're making the mistake of championing Aromatisse instead of seeing it for what it actually is. Being Taunt/Confusion/Encore immune is nice, don't get me wrong, but would you rather be immune to a few situational effects you can remove by switching, or immune to all passive damage (also who the hell uses Heal Block)?

Also, I'm not sure what you're tying to prove with those calcs, since I don't think it matters that you're taking an absolutely miniscule amount less damage (you could've at least picked a situation where Clefable is KOed and Aromatisse isn't...) when you don't even have rocks in the calculations (Clefable wins every time there, I assure you), and as far as the offensive calcs go, again, there's next to no difference damage wise, and when you consider the fact that Clefable has flat out better coverage and the option to wield Life Orb without recoil if you choose I'm really struggling to see what your point is here exactly.

In response to this whole Clefable vs. Aromatisse debate going on right now...

As similar as they might be in typing and stats, they both have niches over the other because of their unique abilities. Aromatisse is leagues better in doubles than singles, but doubles is still a thriving metagame (I actually prefer it to singles, natch), which I think a lot of you guys forget sometimes.

Last edited:
As similar as they might be in typing and stats, they both have niches over the other because of their unique abilities. Aromatisse is leagues better in doubles than singles, but doubles is still a thriving metagame (I actually prefer it to singles, natch), which I think a lot of you guys forget sometimes.
This is the OU forum though. Not the Doubles/VGC one.

You're making the mistake of championing Aromatisse instead of seeing it for what it actually is. Being Taunt/Confusion/Encore immune is nice, don't get me wrong, but would you rather be immune to a few situational effects you can remove by switching, or immune to all passive damage (also who the hell uses Heal Block)?

Also, I'm not sure what you're lying to prove with those calcs, since I don't think it matters that you're taking an absolutely miniscule amount less damage (you could've at least picked a situation where Clefable is KOed and Aromatisse isn't...) when you don't even have rocks in the calculations (Clefable wins every time there, I assure you), and as far as the offensive calcs go, again, there's next to no difference damage wise, and when you consider the fact that Clefable has flat out better coverage and the option to wield Life Orb without recoil if you choose I'm really struggling to see what your point is here exactly.
:>

Well, you maybe right about me overhyping Aromatisse because Plague doctor-can can dancers are the weird kind of fucking cool, but the calculations don't lie unless I actually made a stupid honest mistake I'm bad at calculations sry m8.

Although I couldn't find a broad selection of Pokemon that could OHKO Clefable, nor Aromatisse in one go (Unless it was a strong Steel type like Scizor; and for gods sake man, they have the almost same stats! Atleast don't expect much from that, other than the higher SpA and HP), I found some that would prove a threat to teams themselves. Besides, despite what I said earlier about Aromatisse having stronger SpA, you are, for the most part, correct about Clefable being the superior Sp Attacker, but that's mostly because that isn't it's main job, and mostly isn't what it's supposed to be doing (Again, it can hit very hard if it wants to).

It was supposed to be an untauntable, more annoying version of Wish-Clefable and Blissey, with a slight bit more power and less speed to balance it out. While it's more useful in Doubles, it's niches are still present in OU regardless, because of the rising sun of Prankster Users (even if Sableye now has a weakness, Klefki and Whimisicott are giving some others some problems).

(btw: here some rocks you filthy rock loving casual):

Vs T-Tar:

Clefable:

252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Aromatisse:

252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aromatisse: 178-211 (43.8 - 51.9%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

(yay I actually found a pokemon who does a better job at dealing with Aromatisse than Clefable congrats4u)

Vs Barbaracle:

Clefable:

252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 150-177 (38 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Aromatisse:

252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aromatisse: 151-178 (37.1 - 43.8%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Nutshell: Clefable does a better role Offensively (somewhat) with a devastating Calm Mind + Life Orb set, while Aromatisse is for those who enjoy a more Defensive/Support Cleric that isn't easily KO'd by Fighting types, and isn't walled by Taunt and Confusion, thus making it more reliable to use than even the Happiny line (despite it having significantly less HP than Chansey + Blissey and not having the status and passive damage counters of Clefable).

Using both would just blow the universes to pieces with awesomeness.

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood me when I said rocks. I meant Stealth Rocks. As in, it doesnt matter the miniscule amount of damage less you take because you're not immune to Stealth Rock/Spikes like Clefable is.

I think you misunderstood me when I said rocks. I meant Stealth Rocks. As in, it doesnt matter the miniscule amount of damage less you take because you're not immune to Stealth Rock/Spikes like Clefable is.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh..........................so you're getting stingy about the rocks now, huh?

Well, in that case, here:

252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aromatisse: 178-211 (43.8 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, sandstorm damage, and Leftovers recovery.

252+ Atk Tyrantrum Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aromatisse: 166-196 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aromatisse: 210-248 (51.7 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aromatisse: 107-126 (26.3 - 31%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

Pretty much, Aromatisse would love the help of a Rapid Spin/Defog user to make it's life less hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)