Are Nike Elite Socks still popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
upload_2017-11-12_15-7-8.jpeg

Are Nike Elite Socks still popular?

Nike Elite Socks have had cultural relevance in Men's Fashion since the late 2000's into the early and mid 2010's. For both basketball players and non-basketball players alike, Nike Elite Socks have opened up the world of color to the bottom half of guy's clothing. As time has went on, new models such as Nike Elite 1.5s, Nike Hyper Elites and Nike Versatility have tried to sweep the athletic sock market with as much success as the original Nike Elites.

Do you own (or Have you owned) any pairs of Nike Elite Socks over the last 10 years? Do you think Nike Elite Socks are still as popular as they were 5 to 8 years ago? Would you still buy this product today?

Yes, I own about 8 pairs of Nike Elite Socks. Although I do not think Nike Elite Socks are as popular today as they once were, I think they are still fairly popular. Yeah, I probably would still buy this product today. They're really comfortable to wear and match a lot of my outfits.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I owned a couple pairs bc I needed some throw ins to get a discount on a nike hoodie, pretty comfy pair of socks. Definitely beats the champions and pumas i used to rock.

i had probably 10 pairs and yes my username is based on the trend at my high school of people to wear two pairs of nike elite socks. i would not buy again cause i am not trendy but they were comfortable. they suck to run in if you wanna go fast though

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I mean I would only wear Nike Elites if I was wearing bball shorts while working out or if I was wearing something like cuffed chinos + flyknits. Heck, lowcut socks are probably better looking if you're going cuffed anyways. If you wanted jeans that showed off a little more ankle + boots or hightop kicks, then there are better sock pairing options, heck most cheaper options probably look better.

Tbh if your aesthetic is lazy af like bball shorts + nike elites or the 'im a privileged douche but my dad will sue u if u fuck with me' look and rock the elites with colored shorts and sperrys or some shit, then more power to you.

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
they're not as popular as they used to be, but a lot of hoopers like myself still rock them. i have a stupid amount of pairs and they're basically the only sock i wear regardless of if i'm wearing jeans/pants or shorts. a couple questions though, why are you asking a bunch of pokemon players about fashion, and why is the picture of four white kids lmao.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
why are you asking a bunch of pokemon players
It's a somewhat less embarrassing question to ask in front of complete strangers on the Internet.
about fashion
Because I live in rural Midwestern United States and it can take years for trends set on either the West or East Coast to eventually reach the Midwest. We're lucky to even have things like 4G, lol.
why is the picture of four white kids lmao.
Best picture I could find.

Last edited:
Lmao i was going through old threads but I actually work at Nike, and other than shoes they’re far and away our best seller, mostly among 13-16 year old boys though. Sorry for bumping this but i really wanted to pitch in

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
This thread is so refreshing that I have to log in after my long hiatus.

I've never heard of these socks.
Are they extra comfy or specially designed for sports or anything?

Theyre like extra cushiony and dri-fit, primarily used for basketball. I think theyre largely used for fashion with socks + basketball shorts cause theyre pretty cool looking (for a sock).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)