1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO Battle Spot Singles / VGC 17

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Plus, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Jio

Jio welcome back mahmz :]
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    VGC Co-Leader

We're pretty limited with VGC and BSS tutors right now, but we have one BSS tutor available for anyone in or near the Oceania/Asia timezones
  2. Dwreak

Dwreak

Username: Dwreak
    PS! Username: Name Not Taken Yet
    What format do you want to learn: VGC 2017
    Your timezone: CST (GMT - 5)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I competed in two regionals many years ago, and one LCQ in Worlds 2013 where I made it to Round 3. I don't have any substantial accomplishments other than getting second place at one Premier Challenge long ago (which would be irrelevant now). I'm mainly looking to learn and improve teambuilding, as I think I'm very deficient in that regard. But other education will help as well, so long as my name isn't taken yet.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype and Discord.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I'm aware of how it works.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  3. Nimbus-x

Nimbus-x

assigned to cant say

Username
    : Nimbus-x
    PS! Username:oReaxcion
    What format do you want to learn: Battle Spot Singles
    Your timezone:
    EST (GMT -5)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Monday-Fri After 12 P.M. Noon Weekends(Saturday & Sunday)
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started about a year ago on Showdown and I enjoyed every bit of it. I played the OU ladder on ORAS and got 1407 going 41-3 and couldn't get any higher than unfortunately because of unnecessary plays. I'm mainly looking to improve my battling skills and build on that experience I can get from here.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
    Yes
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
    Plus likes this.
  4. a0161613

a0161613

assigned to Hulavuta

Username
    : a0161613
    PS! Username: a0161613
    What format do you want to learn: BSS
    Your timezone: GMT
    Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I stumbled onto BSS when i rediscovered Smogon a couple of years ago. I liked the friendly nature of that room and the WiFi section, which both being cart based shared a lot of characteristics. I did an RMT last year and ran the CCaT but have lost a bit of enthusiasm this gen which I've put down to a lack of real knowledge and i want to get it back.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
    Hulavuta and cant say like this.
  5. tankmonx

tankmonx

assigned to NOVED

Username:
    Tankmonx
    PO/PS! Username: Tankmonx, and starfoxfalco
    What Format do you wanna learn BSS
    Your timezone: GMT -5
    Usual Hours of Availability: 3pm-5pm Est on weekdays, Friday all day after 3 pm, All day Saturday, and all Sunday Morning
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing competitively on showdown since the summer of 2014. Since joining I’ve laddered, and ask for advised. I’ve always found myself to be weak of team building. The RMT room and RMT forum sections have always been a help. I finally at the end of the ORAS OU metagame I was able to break 1600 which I’m super happy about. Over my yeah and a half at Smogon I’ve played mainly singled formats like ubers, Anything goes (which my favourite tier by far), LC, Ru, UU(2nd fav tier) and some Monotype . With the release of SuMo on showdown, I instantly dove right into Anything goes,ubers and Ou. I didnt playuch BSS cause I had a hard time choosing the right 3 mons. Hopefully with a tutors help I can improve teambuilding , battling, decidng the best 3 nons to use and be able to enjoy the tier.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have both
  6. Saurav the great

Saurav the great

Username: Saurav
    PS! Username: Yo Sunny
    What format do you want to learn: Battle spot Doubles and VGC 2017(BSD if one only)
    Your timezone: GMT+5:30
    Usual Hours of Availability: Till 21st April, From 2:00 to 10:00(need prior notice)
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I joined Pokemon in
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype? but didn't stat building teams till 2015. I made two VGC teams and a BSD team but I'm failing to use the right moves and select the right mons. Team building wise, I need some help with assisting mons but else I'm Fine.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?:NO
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Skype only
  7. WallaceTheChampion

WallaceTheChampion

assigned to Solerme

Username
    : WallaceTheChampion
    PS! Username: WallaceTheChampion
    What format do you wanna learn: BSS
    Your timezone: GMT +1
    Usual Hours of Availability: 4 PM until 10 PM, and sometimes more
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive when Sun and Moon got released, i mostly played Ubers,Anything Goes and VGC'17, but i also competed in the Battle Of Alola, Alola Friendly and kanto X Alola Regional Rumble but i did pretty bad in them so it would be very cool if someone can tutor me the ins and outs of BSS! I also participated in the LC Seasonal and DOU Seasonal, and I learned from that experience a lot!
    I reached 1300 at the Anything Goes ladder (I know its low) and i readed a lot of teambuilding guides and guides about VGC and BSS to learn a lot!
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
    Yes
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
  8. Quote

Quote Cautiously Optimistic
    is a Global Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnus
    LC Co-Leader

assigned to cant say

Username
    : Quote
    PS! Username: Quote
    What format do you wanna learn: BSS
    Your timezone: UTC +7
    Usual Hours of Availability: Most days and evenings unless something comes up
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing on and off competitively since ADV. I made a full-time return at the beginning of XY and have been around since. I'm currently the LC Tier Leader and as such play a lot of that, but I've been looking to expand and play some other metagames. BSS caught my eye recently, and after playing some matches of it I've been having a ton of fun. I also feel like I've been in a rut lately and perhaps BSS can help shake that and give me a different perspective on Pokemon.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Prefer Discord but can use Skype if needed.
  9. The Squash

The Squash

Assigned to chemcoop

Username
    : The Squash
    PS! Username: The Squash
    Your timezone: GMT -6
    Usual Hours of Availability: This Wednesday-Friday I'm available from 12pm to 3pm, but starting Saturday I'm free from 10am to 9pm for most of the summer.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing battle spot last year, participating in some on cart competitions such as Flash Clash and Johto Classic. I didn't really get into battle spot until Sun and Moon were released, and since then I've gained a fair bit of knowledge about team building and the metagame. I'm still having some difficulties and I feel as if I've learned as much as I can by myself and need help to get even better.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I prefer Skype, but I can use Discord if necessary.
    Solerme likes this.
  10. Luthier

Luthier formerly Dull Ladder UU

assigned to cant say

Username
    : Dull Ladder UU
    PS! Username: Dull Ladder U_U/HarmonicBoomBurst
    Your timezone: Eastern Time Zone (GMT -4)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly after 3 PM
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing for a while now. I usually hang out in the tournaments room and I finally qualified for my first competitive tournament this cycle and will be playing BLT with the Hariyamas. However, I still do ladder pretty often in select tiers. As of late, I have been focusing on RU and Ubers.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yup
    Also, I'd really appreciate it if cant say can be my tutor n_n.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  11. Stan Soojung

Stan Soojung

assigned to Solerme

Username
    : stan soojung
    PS! Username: stan soojunng and many other alts lol
    What format do you want to learn: SM Battle Spot Singles
    Your timezone: GMT
    Usual Hours of Availability: I'm quite flexible and don't have a specific time, although i'll usually be available at around 8pm - 12am
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive mons for about a year now, and i enjoy exploring different tiers and metas and i like to think i can adapt myself to most tiers ~
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, although i much prefer typing over speaking (throat surgery x_x)
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Ye
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2017
  12. Mikaav

Mikaav

Username
    : Mikaav
    PS! Username: Mikaav
    Your timezone: +5.5
    Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly evenings 6pm to 1am
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing for more than 3 years now. Im kind of ok in lc. I have never played bss and would like to learn
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both
  13. TheMadManiac

TheMadManiac

Username: TheMadManiac
    PS! Username: TheMadManiac
    Your timezone: UTC-03:00
    Usual Hours of Availability: From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing smogon metagame OU since XY, but started with screwed up teams in XY battlespot. Not good at building teams, im an intermediary at playing, but i don't do much predicts sometimes.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: only chat
  14. Broken Phobias

Broken Phobias

assigned to chemcoop

Username
    : Broken Phobias
    PS! Username: Broken Phobias
    Your timezone: CST (I live in Wisconsin)
    Usual Hours of Availability: From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): CAP and PU main. I've hosted a tour in RU and I won a UU tour once. I've been playing OU for a long time since gen 5
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: only chat
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yea
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:06 AM
  15. keelhauled

keelhauled

Username: keelhauled
    PS! Username: very yucky
    Your timezone: GMT (i live in england, united kingdom)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Whenever my tutor needs me
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I once beat a guy at pokemon who challenged me when he was with his girlfriend at the darkrai event, he did it to show off but i beat him and he looked silly. I also once came in the top 32 at an international pokemon event but lost to an italian. I also once represented my nation internationally as part of the World Cup of Pokemon, a highlight being a huge victory over the nation of spain. Low points include every time I lose. I also am undefeated at VGC in the smogon premier league (played 1 won 1)
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, prefer video call
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
    I hope to learn the current game as a lot has changed now since there are new games that have come out such as pokemon sun and moon.
    Thank you ^_^
    B R A I N L I C K E R likes this.
  16. IronBullet

IronBullet Astronomy Domine
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

Two 1 VGC spot available for American timezones
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017 at 10:33 PM
  17. Oshni

Oshni

assigned to NightLight26

Username
    : Oshni
    PO/PS! Username: Oshni
    Your timezone: Gmt -8
    Usual Hours of Availability:
    Available near any time
    Format: VGC
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):

Play in local premier league, have made top cut each time. Won a tournament at a con, but feel like my strategy is lacking in a lot of areas. Would like to learn the finer points of team building, and general strategy.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord, but could probably download skype if needed.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)