Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Round 99 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

This round will end on August 29.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Username: jacob
PO/PS! Username: jacob
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -6 and im free most times
What tier do you want to learn?: oras nu
Tell us a little about yourself: when im not playing counter strike im sucking at pokemon
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: zinho80

PO/PS! Username: zinho80

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Italy GMT+2, afternoon and, most of times, after dinner (in my timezone)

What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a student and, of course, a battler. I like football and chess

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both

Username: Mistaken

PO/PS! Username: Mistaken

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4pm-12am

What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU

Tell us a little about yourself: So I am 15, and I joined this site last summer. I recently came back from a break and want to improve at pokemon.

Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yep Yep Yep

Also, Zamrock has agreed to tutor me.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: LeoLancaster
PO/PS! Username: LeoLancaster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, available pretty much all day on weekdays, weekends are hit-and-miss.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a 19 y/o business finance student who is proficient in classical piano. I’ve been involved in UU since January or so after I got sick of OU and liked it enough to stay and actually participate in the community (moreso on PS than smogon, but I lurk a ton). Because of this, I’d like to actually get somewhere with the tier.
Yes

Requesting priority this round because my tutor was inactive last round

Username: esca
PO/PS! Username: escalope
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CEST (GMT +2)/ on weekdays 7 PM-11 PM, weekend anytime.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 19 years old and i like Anime and bad jokes.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: either is fine. preferring skype though.

Username: EdwardElric15
PO/PS Username: VentusAwakening
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1(2 rn), I'm usually available all days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16 years in high school. I like watching anime/film/series and playing video games
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

Username: Blane
PO/PS! Username: Najn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 - From 3 PM to 10-11 PM. Sometimes it can be a bit earlier than 3 PM and also ends a bit before 11 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: A college student at summer break with a lot of free time. I've been playing Pokemons ever since its beginnings, and OU competitively since BW, with some breaks.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Skype.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Ugh, I guess I should mention I supposedly do have priority as my tutor was inactive the whole last round.

Username: cactusest
PO/PS! Username: cactusest (both Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: My timezone is UTC + 1. For Monday to Friday I am usually availible from 11 AM - 22PM, From Saturday to Sunday 7AM - 23PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a fan of Pokemon since Ruby/Sapphire, which stayed my favorite game over time. I have been wanting to get into competitive Pokemon since a year. but sadly self-study never worked for me(It rarely does.) I want to get into ORAS RU because Rarely Used seems like a very interesting tier (thats just a laymans opinion through, I hardly know anything about Competitive Pokemon.)
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I am able to use both.

Username: Sticky Webs
PO/PS! Username: Sticky Web
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (NY&Canada); Available during most nights and afternoons throughout the week.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU, focusing on advanced teambuilding and becoming a more competitive player.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon competitively since Gen 4! I didn't start acquiring a skill for it until Gen 6. I really like OU. Bulky Off is my favorite play style. Kyu-B, Gengar, and Mega Scizor are among my favorite mons to use. I've won several tournaments with teams other people have built, but only one of my own. I'd like to become more active on the Smogon forums including posting cores, teams, and hopefully one day ratings.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both.

Username: micahclay
PO/PS! Username: micahclay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Timezone; Next week I'm essentially free at all times. Once school starts the next week, afternoons and nights will be best, with some morning times on Tuesday and Thursday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old college senior, on the path to (hopefully) becoming a doctor. I enjoy hanging out with my family, and my favorite hobbies are frisbee, Pokemon, and Smash, and writing. Pokemon wise, I'm pretty solid at making reads/plays, but my teambuilding is entirely amateur. I hover in the 1450-1550 range, but have never been able to get higher, and I think a large part of it is issues with teambuilding and overanalyzing plays.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I should be able to use either (although I'm not entirely familiar with how they work).

Username: deoxys speed
PO/PS! Username:
deoxys speed lol
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
gmt -7, pretty much anytime, but after the 18th I go back to school so only in the afternoon :x
What tier do you want to learn?:
oras ou
Tell us a little about yourself:
I’m a senior in highschool, I like to procrastinate in everything I do.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Both
I sure do

Uh my tutor kind of quit/was relieved of his duties in round 97 idfk so priority? Im not sure.

Username: EliteSlacker
PO/PS! Username: EliteSlacker
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST 4PM - 1AM
What tier do you want to learn?: Preferably RU. UU Is my second choice though.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sixteen years old. Have been playing OU for a while and want to try out some more tiers.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes both. Prefer skype.

I was passed up in round 98.

Username
: PSDuckie
PO/PS! Username: PSDuckie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern; Mon-Fri 7PM-3AM
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: This is my second time on Battling 101. The first time was for BW2 OU (thanks Jirachi!) and I learned a lot. Now that XY and ORAS are out, I'd like to switch to VGC. However, when I made a VGC RMT, I realized that I still need to learn a lot about the format. Thus, I'm here again.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes.

Username: Tynoo
PO/PS! Username: Tynoo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm CEST (so I think GMT+1 ), I usually play from 10.30 P.M./11.00 P.M. to 02.00 or 03.00 A.M, when my parents do not take my touchpad. I can play during afternoon too, from 02.00 P.M. to 06.00 P.M. I will try to let my tutor know each day if I can play and when. However, because I am on holidays, I can adapt my shedule to my tutor's needs. (So keep in mind that the hours listed before are just the hours I prefer)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU/ORAS OU/BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I think I am a kind person, but also disorganized, and I really need to improve my teambuilding and my tendency to rely recklessly on mindgames (I also need to improve my english, but it's not the goal of B101 >_>). I also like making people proud of me, so I will do my best during the apprentice program !
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yeah.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah.

Last edited:
O/PS: Tkamb67
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Monday – Sunday 3pm – 10pm (EST)
What Tier do You Want To Learn? BW2 OU
Tell Us About Yourself: I 'm 19 year old Male and I'm currently attending college right now. I learn a lot about Oras from my last two tutor, so now I’m trying to expand my horizon toward older OU gen so I can hope to compete in smogon tour. I am hoping to learn BW because the last time I play it, I thought it was quite fun.

Last edited:
1. Username: SilverWhiteBlue

2. PO/PS! Username: SilverWhiteBlue

3. Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+2 , from 8 am to 12 am, from 2-4 pm to 10 pm . Very flexible so I can stretch if needed

4. What tier do you want to learn?: Doubles OU

5. Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 17 years old and goin into summer. hobbies include football(soccer) and playing the guitar. Real big anime fan (favorite is naruto shippuden) and same with videogames. I love pokemon and already have decent experience so I wont be startin from 0, but I definitly could use improvement.

Username: Puralux
PO/PS! Username: i use various alts, but my main is Puralux
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, often in the afternoon from 17:00 to 19:00, sometimes after 20:50 up to 23:00
What tier do you want to learn?: Oras OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a battler who started from a room in PS! and then took battling seriously only from september 2014, where i began to play smogon tour; and to lurk a lot in the overused section, posting rarely there. I.. how can i say?.. tried to improve with the help of friends. I improved a lot in some things, especially teambuilding, but i still need to learn something that i missed, something that not even my friends found, something that gives me inconsistent results against other battlers regardless of how i improved. Like.. for example, i tend to win more against Medium (or against Medium-high level players when i'm mentally focused) than Low-mid level players, suggesting me that i am far ahead in some things and too far back in others, likely i am sometimes in real life. That's why i think only a tutor with experience can find these things that i missed.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: only skype

Last edited:
Username: Jariibo
PO/PS! Username: Jariibo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 1PM-4PM and 7PM-10PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 19 hobbies football (soccer), anime fan, Driver in the Tournaments room. I am really interested in NU.
iplaytennislol agreed to tutor me.

Last edited:
Username: Sun Wukong
PO/PS! Username: Sun Wukong
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4/ EST. It’s finally the summer!!! I’m free to meet with my tutor any day from 2PM-2AM.
What tier do you want to learn?: I want to learn ORAS OU. To better practice battle strategies and teambuilding.
Tell us a little about yourself: Unfortunately, I have one more year left in college so thats’ fun. I’m a fangirl of Chinese culture and want to live in Hong Kong after I graduate. I love to draw whether that be illustrations or digital artwork. I began playing Pokemon when FRLG came out on the GB Advance. I heard about Smogon/Showdown through the YouTube user, Shofu, and decided to get my feet wet in the competitive side of battling.

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Twix
PO/PS! Username: Twix
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, Most days
What tier do you want to learn?: Smogon Doubles (DOU) or ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Global Voice on PS, PU Driver, sucks at Doubles, Unfezant fan.

Last edited:
Username: Hector Hard Mode
PO/PS! Username: Hector Hard Mode
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -8, 8PM - 12 AM are best most days)
Tell us a little about yourself: OU vet since DPP from Canada entering college, want to make that jump to becoming a great player. Was in Round 98 but had a somewhat inactive tutor. Looking for a tutor with strong teambuilding abilities.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both are fine. Skype is preferred.

Username: noved
PO/PS! Username: noved
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: est, almost all day unless i have work which is monday, tuesday, thursday, saturday. I can get on before 3 on those days and after 10
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 18 y/o. I normally play battle spot but dpp looks fun
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, preferably irc but skype's fine too

Last edited:
Username: ChronusGreed
PO/PS! Username: ChronusGreed
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, Mon/Wed after 8:30pm (9:30 EST), Sat/Sun variable, other days I'm free all time (mostly).
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a cooker, my fav game is DooM (Brutal DooM as well), I'm little bit shy that's the reason I don't post much in the forum... I train kung fu for almost 5 years now... And I eat a lot, so prob I gonna be eating while learning XD
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes (skype pref)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)