Apprentice Program: Round 103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Round 103 of Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

This round will end on January 25.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Happy New Year and Tutoring Folks :)

Username: GreasyXSpoon
PO/PS! Username: GXS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: im GMT +10 but i have work during the day throughout the week, So from 1600-2200 Tues-Friday No Mon, And Sat and Sun are Free Range.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 23 year old bloke you just wants to learn more about the finer points of UU
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Skype

Username: Based Lord ATG
PO/PS! Username: ADMB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm gonna be free at almost any point of the day for the rest of the month (due to winter break) and I'm GMT-5:00
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old first year college student who enjoys playing football, basketball, golf, and most importantly mons!

Username: maimslap
PO/PS! Username: maimslap
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5.5, 10pm- 2am (weekdays) and weekends I'm available about any time. My schedule is very flexible and can be adjusted to my tutors.
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU (if ou is unavailable then oras uu please)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old engineering undergrad who wants to be good at OU and play in tournaments like SPL / OST. I specifically wish to learn teambuilding and getting integrated into the community. I enjoy reading books and am fairly decent at ping pong.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Requesting tutors with GMT or later timezones please but I can stay up all night if need be n_n

Last edited:
sername: Goyagma
PO/PS! Username: Goyagma
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 and I'm available after 6PM and basically the whole weekend
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm french, in high school and I love Pokemon. I really want to improve in teambuilding as it's rather troublesome for me and I also want to improve my knowledge in OU
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yep both work

Last edited:
Username:Miltankmilk
PO/PS! Username: Miltankmilk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST(GMT-6) and available most of the time
Tell us a little about yourself: Second year college student from the US, playing mons competitively since middle of XY so still relatively new. Big hockey and baseball fan with too much time on his hands. Looking to pick up another tier that I really enjoy and can succeed at.

Requesting Shiba as my tutor, he has agreed to this.

Posting for a mate who cant get online at this time. Sorry

Username: Mars Lowell
PO/PS! Username: Mars Lowell
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10, 3:30 pm to 12:00 am due to school hours
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to play games all night, willing to learn as much as I want

Eyan agreed to tutor me for this B101 Session

Hyssou

RoAPL Champion
Username: Hyssou

PO/PS! Username: Hyssou

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1

Tell us a little about yourself: I am 14 years old I am French I adore the soccer (Go Tottenham) and the Basketball (Go San Antonio) I am in the college I make of the pokemon strategy since 1 the years

Username: Elavion
PO/PS! Username: Elavion
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, mostly evenings (18-23). Monday-thursday generally always available, weekends sometimes
What tier do you want to learn?: OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: second year IT student, I love all types of games (both video and traditional), often like to tinker with rules, mods etc.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC is a roulette but generally no, Skype yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Meloettaaa
PO/PS! Username: Meloettaaa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, during weekends from 12am-12pm, weekdays depends, usually 6pm-9pm, sometimes 3pm-9pm
Tell us a little about yourself: hi, I'm Melo, a main Doubles OU player. I'm 16 years old, from the Netherlands, and I am interested in learning ORAS UU, because I feel like this is at the moment one of the more fun metagames. I feel like I possess some teambuilding skill already, considering I have been busy with the tier for a week. My hobbies are gaming and watching soccer and basketball, I like to contribute to a tier. I like Pokemon and am extremely motivated to participate in tournaments (hopefully the SPL next year). I can get a little nervous during important games, but if its a friendly I'm usually chill. I'm a fast learner, tryhard, play lots of League of Legends and I guess I can be an okay person at some times.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: I can use both, I'd rather not call though

Ace

ᴅ ᴇ ᴀ ᴅ
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Ace
PO/PS! Username: Ace
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0, available most days
Tell us a little about yourself: 19 y/o guy who wants to improve his pkmn skills

m00ns has agreed to tutor me~

Username: ninjacalibur
PO/PS! Username: ninjacalibur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -2, free around noon-8PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS LC (ORAS UU if i can't get LC)
Tell us a little about yourself: 20 y/o from Brazil, started mons in 2009, but left in 2012 and just came back in August last year
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes to both, IRC is preferred tho

Last edited:
Username: AuRo^
PO/PS! Username: lolbro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST -5 everyday past 3pm my time bar saturday, and all the time sunday
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS NU
Tell us a little about yourself: 14 y/o Student and NU main, I'm fairly confident in my playing abilities but I need help in both building and battling alike. I'm probably most known among my friends for being really goofy and having a lot of energy, almost all the time. My hobbies include reading, playing Bass Guitar , and playing video games(mainly mons!).
My favourite school subjects are probably French and English because languages are nice, and bilinguality is important
in Canada. I'm a very open learner but like to talk about things and walk through them.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes, and discord to!

Last edited:
Username: -The Penguin
PO/PS! Username: Il Pinguin0
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1. Not the evening over 8 pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a guy, 19 years old. I really like this game but I am struggling to break 1500 on the ladder for some reason. I need help in battling (preserving my win condition/right pokémons, try to think about a good win plan) and teambuilding since my team are always bad and I used only sample teams.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Of course, I prefer Skype tho.

Username: Dominatio
PO/PS! Username: Dominatio
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-8, weekdays after i get back from school and most weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: freshman that plays mons and tennis and has alot of spare time
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: skype preferably, able to use irc though

i'm Rapture's tutee (aka he agreed to tutor me :))

Username: Brad Conway
PO/PS! Username: bradas2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT available all evenings (5:00+) bar Wednesday and all day at the weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been competitive battling for 1 month and struggling to learn the ropes. Enjoying laddering. 21 Under Grad in the UK, been playing pokemon since I was 5 but competitive scene is new. Hoping to get into the community so a friendly enthusiastic tutor would be ideal!

Last edited:
Username: RemiRei
PO/PS! Username: RemiRei
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, MON-FRI 1-8 PM and probably after 10PM. SAT-SUN available all day, pretty much
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 21 year old who's relatively new to competitive battling and wish to better myself as a battler n_n
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yep ~
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep

Username:Golden Electivore
PO/PS! Username: Flipps
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: after 3:30 pm gmt
What tier do you want to learn?: oras ou
Tell us a little about yourself: im 14. I do karate 3 times a week. I have been doing competive for a year now and am struggling to get past 1500's even tho i have beaten many people above this point
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:yes

Last edited:

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username:r0ady
PO/PS! Username:r0ady
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:est from 8am to 10pm
What tier do you want to learn?:ou
Tell us a little about yourself:18 year old college freshman whose spent most of his time within the UU tier and would like to learn more about ou
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:yes both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Username: NaCl Lake City
PO/PS! Username: NaCl Lake City
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC-06:00. Most afternoons, no Sundays.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 20yo college student. I'm a novice battler and would like to improve.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes. Prefer Skype.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
PO/PS! Username: TWIX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, AFTER 6
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student and my mom thinks I'm cool
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes

Username: iasuru
PO/PS! Username: iasuru
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MON, TUE, THUR 8PM - 11PM PST, WED 12PM - 3PM, 8PM - 11PM, FRI, SAT, SUN - all day (subject to change).
Tell us a little about yourself: I like marshmallows
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Can use both

Username: obii
PS! Username: obii
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm gmt-5 (EST) and usually available from 3pm-2am and whenever on weekends
Which tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college freshman from NY that enjoys math/science and Pokémon
Are you able to use IRC or Skype?: both

Snowy. agreed to tutor me :D

Username: MyMom2302
PO/PS! Username: MyMom2303
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC+ 02:00 , usually from 9:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old boy who's been wanting to learn competitive pokemon for a long time, and now I feel that I have the time( I am quite busy irl) I love learning new languages and playing basketball whenever I get the chance. I have a quite strong desire to learn new things,and am pleased to do so.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes,both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)