SM OU An OU team that works (at least I've made it work, but I'm here for your input)

I made a team with mostly OU mons on it, but I threw in some of my favorite mons from S&M just to see how they work. Please do give me your input, advice, comments, and whatever you all feel would best improve the team. I'm sure there's room for improvement, so I'm all ears, or eyes cause I'm reading? Whatever the case, please do help me improve!

Frogger (Greninja-Ash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Maggie (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 24 HP / 128 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Scizziorz (Scizor-Mega) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Joey (Komala) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Wish
- U-turn

Leonidas (Turtonator) (M) @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Shell Smash
- Focus Blast

I've chosen to use these Pokémon for their stats, abilities, and what I believe is good synergy within each of the Pokémon. Please do keep in mind this just seemed to work kinda well in my mindset, so it might seem odd to others.

Greninja: Ash-Greninja gets that awesome battle bond boost, and it's fairly easy to use. The speed boost is great for just almost anything that isn't boosted by a move or like speed/beast boost. And I use water shuriken just for some self pleasure, but I know scald or hydro pump would be better, but the priority is nice to have.

Magearna: Magearna is really good for a lot things. I use her for of course, dragons. She does have volt switch for when she needs to get outta of the line of fire, and does help with chipping at some flying types. The extra speed was for when heatran has me in a corner and I don't have any other choice to switch out to Greninja, or komala. Dealing with heatran is a problem that I'm still trying to work on without going to a full OU team or a commonly used counter to heatran.

Tapu Bulu: For starters Bulu is my favorite out of the 4 guardians, and he hits like a truck. It's actually the scarf set that Pokeaim aka Joey had in his how to use video, and I think it's also the one he used in the showcase. Bulu can just go out, and whack a lot of things with wood hammer. Horn leech is there for when he can't use wood hammer cause it'll probably kill him with recoil, or when I need some health back/don't need to waste his HP to finish an opposing Pokémon. Stone edge and superpower is there for coverage.

Scizor: Pretty much self explanatory, Scizor comes through clutch, and when it's just easy to SD up and bullet punch anyone opposing. Roost to heal up if needed, to possibly continue SD-ing up, or to increase longevity. And U-Turn for stab, or for when it's just best switch out.

Komala: I really love being able to take most non-boosted special attacks. Wishing his health or another team member's health back is helpful, and increases longevity for whoever needs it respectively. Rapid spin to clear away hazards, and T-Spikes do nothing to komala. Earthquake is for coverage and some damage, tho its not always enough. U-turn is there for when he's got wish up, and just needs to get it to another team member.

Turtonator: Turtonator is there for ridding of anything that dies to a fire blast or possibly 2 focus blasts. Shell smash is to get his speed up, so that he out speeds even garchomp, and can drop a draco and OHKO garchomp, and a dragonite that doesn't have a multiscale or enough boosts to out speed. Focus blast is for coverage, and a good neutral attack. I've chosen fire blast because it has a greater damage output, but I always debate flamethrower for that guaranteed hit. Maybe heat wave would be a okay middle ground, but I worry about the opposing Pokémon just barely living a flamethrower or heat wave when fire blast would've fainted the opposing Pokémon instead.

In all I'm slowly finding my place in both smogon/showdown, and in Sun and Moon with friends that use the Smogon tiers. I've said it before, but please do help me improve my team, I won't really want to change out too many of my Pokémon, but I am open to hear your side and as with any suggestion, open to consideration.
Whether it's a simple item change to a full on redo of an EV spread or all the way to changing out a team member, I'm here for your advice, and suggestions! Thank You!

A very good team. I like it a lot, but I do have things to say, though.

Magernia: Be very Careful with this one. While you do have her as a wall, you need to be careful when you use Felur Cannon without the White herb. Since Magernia is a special attacker, too much use with Felur Cannon can result in Magernia being next to useless. I would recommend putting Dazzling Gleam on it if this does eventually become a problem since that move does not reduce SpAtk after use.

Scizor: Beware. Fire-types eat Scizor. For breakfast. Without milk. Even though Scizor has 100 SpDef, Aggron has 110 Def and still gets destroyed by Earthquake. Yes, Scizor has 75 Spd, but Charizard has 100 Spd and counters Scizor. While it may be good to have U-turn on it, 80% of the time Scizor will never outspeed fire types.

Turtonator: You are correct. Turtonator can OHKO Garchomp, but Garchomp can also do the same, and a very fast Garchomp can outspeed it no matter what. As for Dugtrio? Forget it. So be very careful against Earthquake users, as they eat him for a living.

Komala: I never really understood this thing. It has good SpDef, but bad Def...? I never really had a true understanding of it other than being a plain wall. If Def is a priority, put Protect on it. Other than that, your Komala is very close to Smogon's recommendation.

That's really all I have to say. I'm not a master nor do I intend to be one, but I do have potential. If you have questions, you know what to do.

I like your team(I feel like I say that a lot but if I don't like a team I won't rate it :P)
I have a few nit picks and rates for you.

You should change:

Komala --> Rock Setter Excadrill

Your Komala is primarily a spinner but also a special tank, I'll get to the special tank later but now, the spinner. You need a replacement spinner and also a rock setter (because you don't have one already) and I think Excadrill fills that role perfectly. It's Earthquakes aren't just coverage moves like on Komala (These will do sooo much more damage) and he can set Rocks and spin away hazards. Toxic is also used to chip away at bulky mons that your team has trouble with (if you don't have boosts).

Set:

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock or Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Turtonator --> Specially Defensive Heatran

Your team can really struggle against Stall (especially teams with Haze, that can stop all your sweepers momentum) and Heatran can do that. (If you want, you can give Stealth Rocks to Heatran and free up a moveslot on Excadrill to make it a more offensive spinner)
Heatran eats up non super effective special attacks with ease ("for breakfast with no milk") and can Trap with Magma Storm to KO troublesome Magearnas, Non Assault Vest Tangrowths (b/c those carry Eathquake) and other mons. It can also burn pesky physical attackers like a switching in Lando-T, M Medicham, Garchomp, M Garchomp, M and non M Ttar, among others.

Set:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt or Stealth Rocks
- Earth Power

You might also want to add in a threatlist so raters know specifically what to correct :P

I like your team(I feel like I say that a lot but if I don't like a team I won't rate it :P)

You should change:

Your Komala is primarily a spinner but also a special tank, I'll get to the special tank later but now, the spinner. You need a replacement spinner and also a rock setter (because you don't have one already) and I think Excadrill fills that role perfectly. It's Earthquakes aren't just coverage moves like on Komala (These will do sooo much more damage) and he can set Rocks and spin away hazards. Toxic is also used to chip away at bulky mons that your team has trouble with (if you don't have boosts).

Set:

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Your team can really struggle against Stall (especially teams with Haze, that can stop all your sweepers momentum) and Heatran can do that. (If you want, you can give Stealth Rocks to Heatran and free up a moveslot on Excadrill to make it a more offensive spinner)
Heatran eats up non super effective special attacks with ease ("for breakfast with no milk") and can Trap with Magma Storm to KO troublesome Magearnas, Non Assault Vest Tangrowths (b/c those carry Eathquake) and other mons. It can also burn pesky physical attackers like a switching in Lando-T, M Medicham, Garchomp, M Garchomp, M and non M Ttar, among others.

Set:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt or Stealth Rocks
- Earth Power

You might also want to add in a threatlist so raters know specifically what to correct :P
Agreed with the Heatran suggestion, but a better stat spread would be

Heatran @ Leftovers/Shed Shell (Avoid Dugtrio)
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 32 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic/Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Alternatively, running Shed Shell means running Taunt over Substitute, so you no longer have to fear Duggy.

You should change:

Set:

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Set:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt or Stealth Rocks
- Earth Power

Excadrill doesn't even get stone edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)