SM Ubers An attempt at offense (peak 1400)

Deleted User [426440]

Banned deucer.
-= Introduction =-
Hey all, I'm someone who's not deeply involved in the competitive scene but recently got back into playing PS for fun. I found Ubers is one of the most fun formats for me so I took a shot at making a team. This is my first time building in a while & first time making HO in general, not even really sure if it counts as HO anymore as it's been through so many changes, but it's been working relatively well so far. This team has undergone many changes to the point where trying to document them all would probably be longer than the rest of the thread, so I've simplified it.

I started with M-Gengar because he's my favorite 'mon, and I've been told he fits in HO teams well. Probably not the best one to build an entire team off of (unless it's Hex variant), but I went with it

M-Gengar alone doesn't bring enough to the table be considered a win condition, so I added SD Ultra Necroz. This also gave me a better Xerneas check as M-Gengar can't outspeed it nor take any hits after a Geomancy.

I needed something that could check Marshadow since I had nothing else that could, so I went with Yveltal. At first I used an LO set, but I've recently started to experiment with scarf. The U-turn is handy and I didn't need Sucker Punch to deal with Marshadow.

I still didn't have an SR setter and didn't want to modify the DM set for it, so I added SD Pdon to set rocks while maintaining an offensive presence. It also gave me a check to Pogre, which my team was weak to.

I didn't have any way to counter Yveltal or any form of hazard removal, so I added scarfed Xerneas to take care of both. It also gave me an emergency cleric, although my team wasn't extremely vulnerable to status anyways.

This last slot (& Xerneas') have been played around with a lot. After adding Xerneas I realized my team was really weak to opposing Pdons. I've been playing around with Dragonceus and it's been working well so far. He doesn't have to fear opposing dragon types because of Xerneas or fairies because of Gengar + Necroz so he fit in nicely. Dragonceus also gave me a way to deal with Ferrothorn even though I don't see him much anymore which was a plus.

~~~
-= The Team =-

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
Standard offensive trapper set. Shadow Ball + Sludge Wave are strong STAB moves & Taunt is for stallbreak. Icy Wind is to catch M-Sale, Zyg-C, & Rayquaza off guard and to cripple Marshadow & Yveltal switch-ins. I originally used Substitute instead of Taunt but I found myself switching out too often for Substitute to be useful. I bring in M-Gengar against stall 'mons, ESpeed killers (e.g. SD Arceus), and to revenge kill anything that doesn't carry Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
Necroz is my win condition and main Xerneas counter. I don't go ultra with him until Xerneas (and Fairyceus, if needed) are dead. After they're gone and/or Necroz's counters are eliminated, I set up & sweep. Photon is for stab and a strong z-move after going ultra, Sunsteel is for fairies, and EQ is for coverage, mainly vs Pdon. Many times people will switch in Pdon to try and tank & precipice me in return, but I can outspeed them after ultra and OHKO with EQ.
252 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 392-464 (95.3 - 112.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 392-464 (95.3 - 112.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Arceus-Fairy: 306-360 (68.9 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 330-390 (81.8 - 96.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 432-510 (107.1 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
Yveltal's my answer to Marshadow and other ghost types that could prove to be troublesome. Foul Play is for Pdon, Dark Pulse for everything else (and the rare flinch), Oblivion Wing for recovery + stab and to win late-game Marshadow duels (if they're sashed), U-Turn to pivot. I used to use the standard LO set (Dark Pulse/Sucker Punch/Oblivion/Taunt) but swapped because I found U-Turn to be useful against switch-ins. If someone tries to wall me with Fairyceus or Xerneas I can respond with sending in M-Gengar or Necroz to counter them back.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 140 HP / 176 Atk / 56 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
I run slightly less HP & more Spe EVs than the standard SR+SD set so I can outspeed other Pdons running the same set. I chose Rock Tomb over Stone Edge because while the extra power is nice it doesn't let me punish switch-ins as much. Additionally, one problem I've encountered is that Pdon dies before he can get much done. I've been told this shouldn't be happening so I can post replays if needed to see what I'm doing wrong, or use a more defensive set and see where that gets me. For now he stays, though.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
Xerneas is my answer to opposing Yveltals & Marshadows in the event my Yveltal goes down. Thunder is used to kill off weakened Pogres & Defog is for hazard removal. I haven't been using Aromatherapy very often but it helps when someone gets crippled early on (e.g. vs Smeargle suicide leads) and there's not really anything else that I need to run. Focus Blast could be an option but I hate the accuracy of it so I forego it.

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Recover
- Defog
Dragonceus is my Pdon counter, counter to various dragon & steel types (including DM), and second defogger. It can be hard to Defog with Xerneas if there's an opposing M-Gengar or DM, which is where Dragonceus comes into play. Fire Blast also helps cover for Ferrothorn which I have no other way to really get rid of. I also don't need WoW since I'm not running Hex on M-Gengar & it's too passive for my tastes.

0 SpA Draco Plate Arceus-Dragon Judgment vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Groudon-Primal: 141-166 (41.3 - 48.6%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Arceus-Dragon Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 129-153 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Arceus-Dragon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 244-288 (69.3 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Draco Plate Arceus-Dragon Judgment vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega: 330-390 (96.4 - 114%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

~~~
-= Conclusion =-
I'm open to suggestions for improving this team. I didn't really mean to climb the ladder when I made it, it was mostly for fun, but now that I have it's kind of addicting haha. If anyone ends up using it let me know how it works for you or if you made any changes to it and how those ended up going. Thanks for reading.
~~~
-= Importable =-
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 140 HP / 176 Atk / 56 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy
- Defog

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Recover
- Defog

EDIT: Fixed Yveltal's nature (Modest -> Timid)
EDIT 2: Changed from HO -> offense​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)