ambipom (king's rock) double STAB + u-turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, im new here, but i thought this to be an amazing ambipom set-up

ambipom(king's rock) ability: technician
hasty- 255 spe 255 atk

fake out
fling
covet
u-turn

you get a STAB 80 fakeout first turn causing flinch, then 80 power fling causing flinch and then either covet or u-turn to switch out if your not killing or covet to finish and/or steal and item. covet and fake out get STAB and fling gets plus 80 and can kill sweepers with ease.
possible UU update?

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
First of all, King's Rock is only 30 power (so 45 BP with Technician?). Secondly, this set is too situational - the opponent switches to a counter, and the flinches are irrelevant, and you do minimal damage. Furthermore, you're walled by Ghosts. That being said, I'm going to have to reject this set.

30+50(technician)= 80 and fling is dark and u-turn is bug so if your opponent switches to a ghost you can still fling flinch to u-turn them xd

What does this do better then standard Ambipom? Double flinch might sound fun, but you really aren't changing anything that the standard set beats. The King's Rock Fling is only 30 base power, even less then Fake Out. It's just not worth it overall to lose the coverage of Payback, Pursuit, Low Kick, a reliable STAB option in Return or Double Hit and to lose your item.

fyi Technician multiplies the base power of the move by 1.5x, so it would be 30 + 15 (+ 15 for STAB) = 60 base power move. Still very very weak with very few perks.

ah that makes sense(about technician), but you can always switch covet for one those moves. i run 3 ambipoms on my team, they each have this setup plus a different move in place of covet. Think of quadruple flinching an opponent or forcing a switch to a counter so you can quickly switch to your own. Its a great match starter in my opinion

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
30+50(technician)= 80 and fling is dark and u-turn is bug so if your opponent switches to a ghost you can still fling flinch to u-turn them xd
fyi Technician multiplies the base power of the move by 1.5x, so it would be 30 + 15 (+ 15 for STAB) = 60 base power move. Still very very weak with very few perks.
Fling is Dark, so no STAB (and if it had STAB it would be 30*1.5*1.5=67.7, rounds to 67). Eo's 45 base power is correct.

Edit:
i run 3 ambipoms on my team
Species clause?

I've been wanting to try a similar set in Doubles. Guaranteeing a Pokemon does nothing for two turns is to good to pass up. Pokemon such as Parasect, Dual-Booster Pokemon, etc should have a hayday.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
eric the espeon said:
WaNgO said:
i run 3 ambipoms on my team
Species clause?
The ladder enforces Species Clause; as such, you can't have tested this set in a legitimate medium.

The Rules said:
Note: You should not post a set that has already been rejected, or one that you have not already tested successfully. Such threads will be deleted, and the author may be subject to an infraction. If you are unsure whether a set you want to post is too similar to a rejected one contact a member of QC before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)