[AMA] Fuzznip

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: Fuzznip

Areas of Expertise: Contributions & Corrections (member of OU Quality Control + Grammar-Prose teams), Overused

Background: Despite my join date being in the year 2009, I actually started off my Smogon career in 2008 under the account name "Poopazing," which was later changed to "Syprus," as some people might actually remember me as. I was heavily interested in the Create-A-Pokemon and Contributions & Corrections forums, so I spent the majority of my time contributing to them, despite receiving infractions left and right when I started off (I was an atrocious user, just search up Syprus and take a gander through my post history). I don't exactly remember the reason, but I believe I took a few months break and decided to come back to Smogon in 2009 under the new name "Fuzznip" for some reason. I continued to contribute in the aforementioned forums for the majority of my time, also being a Battling 101 tutor and article writer for The Smog, receiving badges for both. My work in the CAP forum also resulted in me getting moderator status in the forum in 2010; however, this is also the year where I decided to stop all of my duties and retire from Smogon. Although, despite my ~2 years of absence, I decided to return in 2013 when I heard about X/Y leaks and wanted to experience the B/W metagame with all of the new Pokemon and mechanics. When I discovered that Bloo and tab were still around, and with Plus literally coming back at the same time as me (Colocorp represent!), I knew I made a good decision and I don't regret it. Low and behold, Fuzznip has returned!

Smogon aside, I'm a 19 year old student at the University of Calgary in the engineering program. I'm currently in my second year and decided to pursue civil engineering. I was born in Mississauga, Ontario, and spent the majority of my life there. My family moved to Calgary in 2010 because my brother, who moved and lived there a couple years before us, told us that we should open up a coffee shop here. Fast forward to now and my family owns a popular and successful coffee shop called "Euphoria Cafe," which has been nothing but a blessing.

Hobbies: I don't really have any hobbies because I never actually have the time to pursue any. Between my non-stop studying on a daily basis and Smogon work, it's hard to find the time to do anything outside of those things. Usually on my days off I help out at the cafe, but I often like to stay home just to give myself a break from life's constant bombardments.

Favorite Pokemon: Arcanine

Good Questions to Ask Me: Anything you want really. If you have questions relating to Smogon, try to keep them in my areas of expertise I suppose, otherwise all is good! I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
how did you learn to be so cute
do you still build model cars and airplanes in your free time
do you like engineering
!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
  • Tell us about your past experiences on the CAP Server!!
  • Opinions on current tournament culture and playing in the Smogon Grand Slam?
  • What have been the most significant changes between current Smogon culture now and from 09-10?
  • Favorite CAP and why?
  • When you start earning six figures will you buy a plane ticket and visit me and cyber in NYC? :(

can you write me a short poem on tigers coz theyre like the most beautiful animals ever

for karaoke i expect you to sing eye of the tiger, whenever that theme comes up

do you know the program "Lion Man"? craig basically has a show that shows him taking care of lions and tigers at a resort in new zealand, its amazing

sorry, i just watched a documentary on a pair of siberian tigers being released into the south african wilderness and being taught how to hunt (they were terrified of the ostriches though :() so tigers are the only thing on my mind atm :D

do you have a bromance with plus?

how did you learn to be so cute
do you still build model cars and airplanes in your free time
do you like engineering
!
  • I don't know it just comes naturally I guess. I'm lucky to be born with such cute qualities.
  • No way. I didn't even finish the first model car my mom got me because it was such a plastic piece of crap that didn't deserve my attention.
  • Mixed feelings really. I love the concepts because I'm a total math/science nerd, but the workload turns me off. I think it's human cruelty to be honest.
  • Tell us about your past experiences on the CAP Server!!
  • Opinions on current tournament culture and playing in the Smogon Grand Slam?
  • What have been the most significant changes between current Smogon culture now and from 09-10?
  • Favorite CAP and why?
  • When you start earning six figures will you buy a plane ticket and visit me and cyber in NYC? :(
  • Doug's Create-A-Pokemon server was a magical experience. I remember getting super excited when I see the name DougJustDoug on the user list and trying to figure out ways to get him to like me. I also wanted to be acknowledged by you, Magmortified, and Beej; you guys were awesome and inspirational. I remember that team PMS topping the ladder, lol. When I got driver status and mods, I felt like I accomplished something and it was a great feeling.
  • Generally speaking, it kind of disgusts me. There's little respect and understanding between players and there is always so much drama going on. People breaking up friendships because of a haxy game is appalling; this selfishness in many tournaments is disappointing me. It's also pretty lame that people tend to use other people's teams because they're too lazy to build one on their own or whatever. I carried little knowledge about tiers such as Ubers and RU, but I still took the time to learn the metagames by building my own teams. I would probably say this is one of the reasons why I did rather well in Grand Slam to my surprise, even winning the UU open. Playing in the Grand Slam has been an exhilarating experience and here's hoping the finals is Bloo vs Fuzznip, with me taking the victory of course! :p
  • I feel like Smogon had a much more intimidating forum back then compared to now. If you broke a rule, you'd get infracted on the spot. I know from experience, lol. I was always super scared to post something in fear of being ridiculed or with my post being deleted and getting another infraction. I think Smogon is a little more laid-back now and more welcoming to new users. I definitely feel like it's easier to contribute to the forum and get badges in the process.
  • Colossoil without a doubt. Not only does it have the coolest concept art and name, it has a sexy movepool designed by yours truly. It definitely had a good effect on the metagame with its Rebound ability and huge offensive presence. Best of all, you were the Topic Leader for it!
  • I've never been to the US, so when I do earn dem munnies, consider it a done deal. You will show me the American way, but hopefully you can bare with my Canadian background in the process!
can you write me a short poem on tigers coz theyre like the most beautiful animals ever

for karaoke i expect you to sing eye of the tiger, whenever that theme comes up

do you know the program "Lion Man"? craig basically has a show that shows him taking care of lions and tigers at a resort in new zealand, its amazing

sorry, i just watched a documentary on a pair of siberian tigers being released into the south african wilderness and being taught how to hunt (they were terrified of the ostriches though :() so tigers are the only thing on my mind atm :D

do you have a bromance with plus?
The Tiger

Look at the tiger, such a majestic creature
Its fur shines like silk, an appealing feature
Eyes filled with desire, always alert and ready
Give it a chance to pounce and it will eat you like spaghetti

-Fuzznip
  • I can't sing for the life of me, unfortunately. But if the time comes, I might do it just for you!
  • I haven't heard of that program, but that sounds really great! New Zealand is such a beautiful country and I would actually love paying it a visit in the future. Tigers and lions are so underrated. They're definitely the coolest animals in my opinion, and their babies are downright adorable. I want one as a pet. :3
  • Plus is probably my best Smogon friend and I've known him the longest. Whether he's building teams with me, rap battling, or being a really mean bully, he will always be my wittle Plusbus. <3

Hi, so i see you like tigers too :D (hifive)

oh yes, er questions...
Do you consider arcanine or raikou to be tiger pokemon (personally i don't)
and one more
Can you think of anything more amazing than a flying white tiger with horns of a bull ? (honestly that thing can be the size of a butterfly and i would run away with wet trousers and my tail between my legs)

Hi, fellow Engineering major and Arcanine lover! Just one topic for you: Have you thought about the possibility of a Mega-Arcanine? What would you want Mega-Arcanine to look like?

Hi, so i see you like tigers too :D (hifive)

oh yes, er questions...
Do you consider arcanine or raikou to be tiger pokemon (personally i don't)
and one more
Can you think of anything more amazing than a flying white tiger with horns of a bull ? (honestly that thing can be the size of a butterfly and i would run away with wet trousers and my tail between my legs)
^5 tiger friend!

Arcanine is a tiger + lion + dog of course. That legendary mane flowing with perfection under the sun and fur softer than cotton and shinier than diamond. Raikou is clearly a sabertooth tiger, which is pretty awesome too, but not as awesome as Arcanine.

Flying tigers... Epic.

Why is your favorite Pokemon not Raikou?

Favorite metagame thus far and why?
Raikou is too intricate for me I think. I mean, it looks cool and is more of a tiger than Arcanine ever will, but I can't grow any attachment to it. Arcanine has been there since day 1 and has always been my favourite when it comes to Pokemon cards, anime, and simple looks.

I really enjoy XY OU this time around. There's an absurd amount of versatility now when it comes to teambuilding with the new Pokemon, moves, items, and the release of some previously banned Pokemon. I don't see Excadrill and Manaphy and friends being broken now. It's also nice to see previously unused Pokemon shine in OU, such as Mandibuzz and Scolipede. It's a really fun and balanced metagame!

Hi, fellow Engineering major and Arcanine lover! Just one topic for you: Have you thought about the possibility of a Mega-Arcanine? What would you want Mega-Arcanine to look like?
Mega Arcanine would be absolutely amazing if it existed. I'll want its typing to be Fire/Fighting to reduce Stealth Rock damage and get a STAB Close Combat. Its Attack and Speed will be 160 and 115, respectively, and above average defenses with base 110 HP. Flare Blitz, Close Combat, and Extreme Speed off of that is sex. As for its ability, I would be thrilled with either Hustle or Moxie. It will obviously remain on all four legs, but it will get like brass knuckles or something on its front paws and a really cool looking head band with an even more luscious mane. Bigger teeth, perhaps like Raikou's two fangs as well, darker red fur, and the black stripes remain.

Make it happen Game Freak.

Hey i know that you are greatly involved in the Create a Pokemon project, and i would also like to get involved but i don't want to be that new guy that comes in an doesn't know anything and generally builds a bad name for himsellf so could you maybe help me get started because i haven't the slightest clue of where or how to get involved

Hey i know that you are greatly involved in the Create a Pokemon project, and i would also like to get involved but i don't want to be that new guy that comes in an doesn't know anything and generally builds a bad name for himsellf so could you maybe help me get started because i haven't the slightest clue of where or how to get involved
I'm not as involved this time around as before, I've become more devoted to C&C.

If you want to get involved with CAP, the best thing you can do is to lurk before you begin to contribute. This will allow you to familiarize yourself with the process, understand the rules that need to be followed, and (hopefully) be able to post intellectual arguments. If you think you're ready enough, ease yourself into it and don't feel forced to post every couple of hours or in every thread even. Take it easy, you'll do great. :)

Have fun!

what is your opinion on talking to people randomly without any past association

what did you think when tab/funk told you i said hi the first time

what about the second time

why did your comment about your cheesy smile make me smile

why did you make a cheesy smile

why were you very interested in art back in 2009

what is your opinion on user ium

do you want to be taken to nintendo world in the future

why cant plus be as cute as you

why does plus like to bully both of us

when will you win at isketch without plus and me accidentally exiting the page O_O

will you draw with me sometime and post it in your very old art thread

:D !

Last edited:
what is your opinion on talking to people randomly without any past association
It's a little strange and random at first, but isn't that how new friends are made? :o

what did you think when tab/funk told you i said hi the first time
I didn't really think of much other than maybe having that confused look on someone's face when someone thinks they know you but you don't and you're just like "uhh hi..???", you know?

what about the second time
"Who is this guy?"

why did your comment about your cheesy smile make me smile
Cheesy smiles are contagious.

why did you make a cheesy smile
Memories from years back flooded my brain and I felt kind of euphoric for some reason so I smiled. :)

why were you very interested in art back in 2009
I was extremely envious of all of these amazing artists, and at the time I was contributing to CAP, so I wanted one of my drawings to be picked as the concept art. I was terrible, though, but I didn't think I was?

what is your opinion on user ium
is cute

do you want to be taken to nintendo world in the future
Yes!

why cant plus be as cute as you
I think it comes naturally. Plus struggles with that.

why does plus like to bully both of us
Because Plus is a bully? Duh.

when will you win at isketch without plus and me accidentally exiting the page O_O
I will win someday... Not sure when, but I will.

will you draw with me sometime and post it in your very old art thread
No time to draw anymore. x_x

Reactions: ium

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Please answer these honestly.

In the past 24 hours, how many times have you passed gas?
What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
Why do you think this thread is less popular than Plus's?
Are you a climate change denier?
Did any of the previous questions make you feel uncomfortable? If so, why?
What is the question number of this question?
Will you ever play an isketch game that isn't purely pokemon related so people like me have a chance?

Please answer these honestly.

In the past 24 hours, how many times have you passed gas?
What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
Why do you think this thread is less popular than Plus's?
Are you a climate change denier?
Did any of the previous questions make you feel uncomfortable? If so, why?
What is the question number of this question?
Will you ever play an isketch game that isn't purely pokemon related so people like me have a chance?
I don't particularly like passing gas outside of the bathroom. It makes me feel rather nasty and could potentially stain underwears as seen in my past; however, that could just because I wasn't wiping my ass properly. In the past 24 hours, I've probably passed gas approximately 15 times give or take a couple gas bubbles. You could probably double that if I was going to consider stomach farts.

I don't eat many strange things because I only like to eat ordinary food a typical child would have, so my food palette is really weak compared to some people. Like I honestly don't know what I would consider to be the strangest thing I've ever eaten because I'm so absurdly picky. Chinese food, maybe?

It's not just this thread is less popular, it's essentially all threads. This is because Plus is the master of Smogon's people, as he so claims himself. These peasants look up to him as their role model. In due time, Plus will be ruling Smogon with his army of hundreds of so called "noobs."

I am not.

Not in particular. I haven't been asked these kinds of questions before, so it was a nice experience reflecting deeply within to provide you with legitimate answers.

If you're talking about total questions asked, as in the number of question marks, I would believe that is question 7. However, if you're talking about question number as in a test/exam situation, it should be number 6. Am I correct?

If I play an iSketch game that isn't Pokemon related, then my only hopes at winning a game will greatly diminish. I was literally two points away from legitimately winning my first iSketch game, but Plus cheated so I lost. I would be open to playing a game that doesn't involve Pokemon if that means you'll play, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)