Alolan Exeggutor Discussion

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Exeggutor
Grass/Dragon
Abilities: Frisk/Harvest
HP: 95
Atk: 105
Def: 85
SpAtk: 125
SpDef: 75
Spe: 45
Level Up

Start - Dragon Hammer
Start - Dragon Hammer
Start - Seed Bomb
Start - Barrage
Start - Hypnosis
Start - Confusion
L17 - Psyshock
L27 - Egg Bomb
L37 - Wood Hammer
L47 - Leaf Storm

TMs

TM03 - Psyshock
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solar Beam
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM29 - Psychic
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM59 - Brutal Swing
TM64 - Explosion
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM82 - Dragon Tail
TM83 - Infestation
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM92 - Trick Room
TM96 - Nature Power
TM100 - Confide

Egg moves

Egg - Synthesis
Egg - Moonlight
Egg - Ancient Power
Egg - Ingrain
Egg - Curse
Egg - Nature Power
Egg - Lucky Chant
Egg - Leaf Storm
Egg - Power Swap
Egg - Giga Drain
Egg - Skill Swap
Egg - Natural Gift
Egg - Block
Egg - Grassy Terrain

Tutor Moves

Draco Meteor

New Move

Dragon Hammer: The user uses its body like a hammer to attack the target and inflict damage.
Dragon/Physical/90 Power/100Acc/15PP

Last edited by a moderator:
It got +10 to Attack and Special Defense and -10 Speed it seems. Doesn't look like its going to make waves, but it seems alright.

Exeggutor is unfortunately slow, but has all the coverage it needs and decent typing.

Exeggutor-A@Life Orb
Mild; HP / Atk / SpA
Harvest

Giga Drain / Wood Hammer
Flamethrower
Dragon Hammer / Draco Meteor
Trick Room / Sleep Powder

Take your pick - physical or specially inclined with Flamethrower to round out coverage. Trick room turns the tables on the opponent but sleep powder can incapacitate a foe.

It got +10 to Attack and Special Defense and -10 Speed it seems. Doesn't look like its going to make waves, but it seems alright.
and the dragon move that every single dragon in the game would've appreciated. But no, still stuck with Dragon claw :/
I would've liked it if they simply switched around its phys. and special attack, since they showed it since the beginning to be physicallly oriented.

Mega Sceptile would kill for A-Eggy's special movepool... it made me want to give it a try.

I'd say some speed to outspeed base 60s would be nice even if using TR. On a special set I'd go as far as outspeeding uninvested Skarm. Don't want to waste that flamethrower.

Even being this slow, I belive it's viable. I love this thing. Harvest with Synthesis is not something to look down.

Just realized it got SD. Harvest can make a Pokemon extremely hard to kill easily which may buy it time to set up. Obviously you have to make sure there's no ice attackers left though like any dragon.

Harvest+Sitrus Berry

-Sword Dance
-Dragon Hammer
-Wood Hammer
-Synthesis/Trick Room/Filler Attack

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm rather disappointed that Dragon Hammer isn't literally a Dragon version of Wood Hammer. And that this thing somehow isn't physically oriented. But hey, it's still funny-looking, so that's something.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just realized it got SD. Harvest can make a Pokemon extremely hard to kill easily which may buy it time to set up. Obviously you have to make sure there's no ice attackers left though like any dragon.

Harvest+Sitrus Berry

-Sword Dance
-Dragon Hammer
-Wood Hammer
-Synthesis/Trick Room/Filler Attack
Harvest is still gimmicky because it's random and you'll never be at full health.

Flamethrower is cool? Not seeing this Pokémon being used outside of whatever tier Exeggutor is in now.

Last edited:
Exeggutor-A @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Best set I can think to run on this thing. With Dragon, Grass, and Fire, you hit everything except Mega Altaria for at least neutral damage.

Harvest is still gimmicky because it's random and you'll never be at full health.

Flamethrower is cool? Not seeing this Pokémon being used outside of whatever tier Exeggutor is in now.
Harvest is 100% chance in sunlight. Torkoal now has drought and resists this guy's ice weakness. Sun isn't hard to get up in theory. This guy has some fire moves too. It could happen

So it can go Physical with Swords Dance, Wood Hammer (or Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed), Dragon Hammer, Brick Break, Earthquake, and/or Explosion, or Special with Giga Drain/Leaf Storm, Draco Meteor, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb (suck it, Fairies!), and/or Psychic/Psyshock. I like this things power, coverage, and access to Leech Seed, Synthesis/Moonlight, TR (more for Doubles than anything), and Dual Screens.

I love this Mon. I just noticed this thread; I thought this topic was skimmed past.
I can see this in RU or maybe even BL2 since it's pretty slow yet has formidable offenses and coverage.
Pretty much any fully evolved Dragon besides Altaria is above NU.

LO 3 attacks + TR (or Synthesis instead) and Choice Specs look best atm I think. It also gets Sleep Powder and Stun Spore from Exeggcute, so there's potential to tweak it in various places if you want to. Frisk became a bit more useful with all the random Z-Move effects that are going to be going around too.

I don't see it being high tiered, but the lower tiers it's probably going to fun and fairly versatile, which is cool.

LO 3 attacks + TR (or Synthesis instead) and Choice Specs look best atm I think. It also gets Sleep Powder and Stun Spore from Exeggcute, so there's potential to tweak it in various places if you want to. Frisk became a bit more useful with all the random Z-Move effects that are going to be going around too.

I don't see it being high tiered, but the lower tiers it's probably going to fun and fairly versatile, which is cool.
I'm telling ya, I bet it'll be RU

One of the dopest designs ever. Love its derpy look. Choice specs Leaf storm and Draco Meteor are going to be OHKOing foes like crazy along with flamethower. Its also quite a versatile threat can go physical, set up TR etc.

It's still not registering in my head that this tree isn't Psychic-type anymore...maybe seeing it breathe fire in-game will help deal with this.

Fail design and modest 105 physical attack to abuse Dragon Hammer is not great. Slow as balls means it's getting revenge killed by a lot of stuff. A-Eggy's still bad defensive typing adds a compliment to that. It's not that good even on TR. NU at best.

I do appreciate Eggy getting Flamethrower and EQ though. Latio(a)s are jealous for the former.

Exeggutor-A @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef
Brave Nature
- Dragon Hammer
- Seed Bomb / Wood Hammer
- Flamethrower
- Synthesis
(Use in Sun)

Maybe not top tier, but something like this would be fun for a Sunny Day team. Sitrus Berry comes back 100% of the time in sun, and Synthesis heals more; invest a bit into defenses, leaning towards special where your more likely to be hurt from, and you'll be fairly survivable. Flamethrower can hit switching-in ice types, and is boosted by sun, so skip EVs there. Dragon Hammer feels like a must since it's his signature move, pair with Seed Bomb (or after trying it out, swap to Wood Hammer if you find you need more damage/have plenty of health), and put rest of EVs into Atk stat to give it that needed boost.

I think this will be OU. Not because it's good, but because everyone will use it. it'll be like that guy that really wanted Bibarel to go up in tiers.

The OP not having Exeggcute's Learnset limits what we know about what Alolan Exeggcutor can do, or am I incorrect by assuming this? I'm not sure of what reliable sources to double-check this, however from what I was able to find online, Exeggcute in Sun and Moon learns the following moves:

Start - Barrage
Start - Uproar
Start - Hypnosis
L7 - Reflect
L11 - Leech Seed
L17 - Bullet Seed
L19 - Stun Spore
L21 - Poison Powder
L23 - Sleep Powder
L27 - Confusion
L33 - Worry Seed
L37 - Natural Gift
L43 - Solar Beam
L47 - Extrasensory
L50 - Bestow

Can somebody who knows how to do so confirm if this is the case? I would but i don't know where to look to reference...

Edit: I found the Mine Resource thread and this is correct. Can the OP be updated with this information?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)