Aizen-Sama's Anime Art Gallery

I am an Anime Lover so i wanted to share my Art with all of you.
I want to contribute to the Art Community and improve my Art even more.
I like to do Traditional Art but i occassionally do some Digital Art.
I would like you're feedback,thanks for droping by.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Given the looks of these drawings, you seem to know your way around a pen, since the lines aren't wobbly and you got the proportions down right. Tracing existing drawings by the use of references can be a good way to get started with art, but since you'll always be limited by the works of others, taking any step towards original drawings and understanding the basics of anatomy and objects in general will pay off in the long run. Full body shots of anything can definitely feel daunting though, but since you seem to like drawing people, looking up tutorials on how to draw faces and various expressions could be one point to branch out from.

Welcome to the forums!

Given the looks of these drawings, you seem to know your way around a pen, since the lines aren't wobbly and you got the proportions down right. Tracing existing drawings by the use of references can be a good way to get started with art, but since you'll always be limited by the works of others, taking any step towards original drawings and understanding the basics of anatomy and objects in general will pay off in the long run. Full body shots of anything can definitely feel daunting though, but since you seem to like drawing people, looking up tutorials on how to draw faces and various expressions could be one point to branch out from.

Welcome to the forums!
Thanks for having me here,and i will surely improve and be motivated to produce even better Arts in the future.

Welcome to Smeargle's! I think you have really good linework, with nice lineweight variations in a lot of these pieces as well ^^ My favorite must be the one that was did entirely in blue pen. You've managed to do great hatching and the shapes of the shadows versus light are spot on. I agree with Bummer here -- even if you decide to stick to fanart, I'd love to see more original pieces from you in the future, as that means you'll be able to share your own original ideas :) Keep up the good work!

Edit: I assumed based on Bummer's comment and your reply that these were referenced, if they weren't, then my apologies!

Last edited:

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not being much of anime/manga buff, I didn't really realize that these artworks aren't entirely original. But from what both Bummer and Neri have said, I imagine that they are. Nevertheless, even if they are traced/referenced, they look crisp and clean and altogether well-crafted. If they are traced, then I guess my recommendation would be to try your best to move away from that. Perhaps start trying to copy images without tracing them (i.e., using it as a reference/doing a study). Then moving on to more original artwork.

What tools do you use for your traditional art btw? I'm always curious to know, as we have very few traditional artists here in the studio, unfortunately (Neri, who posted above, brightobject, and myself, are among the very few).

Welcome to Smeargle's! I think you have really good linework, with nice lineweight variations in a lot of these pieces as well ^^ My favorite must be the one that was did entirely in blue pen. You've managed to do great hatching and the shapes of the shadows versus light are spot on. I agree with Bummer here -- even if you decide to stick to fanart, I'd love to see more original pieces from you in the future, as that means you'll be able to share your own original ideas :) Keep up the good work!

Edit: I assumed based on Bummer's comment and your reply that these were referenced, if they weren't, then my apologies!
Thanks,the one with the pen was hard to draw since i am not used to that artstyle and is diferent from what i usually draw.But then to i had fun drawing it.
And i will surely do some Original pieces in the future,but since you asked here are the one's that i already drawed.

Not being much of anime/manga buff, I didn't really realize that these artworks aren't entirely original. But from what both Bummer and Neri have said, I imagine that they are. Nevertheless, even if they are traced/referenced, they look crisp and clean and altogether well-crafted. If they are traced, then I guess my recommendation would be to try your best to move away from that. Perhaps start trying to copy images without tracing them (i.e., using it as a reference/doing a study). Then moving on to more original artwork.

What tools do you use for your traditional art btw? I'm always curious to know, as we have very few traditional artists here in the studio, unfortunately (Neri, who posted above, brightobject, and myself, are among the very few).
Thanks for the advice,but all the drawing's above are referenced and not traced,personally i never do tracing because it makes me feel guilty afterwards.
Also i use staedtler pigment liner for outlining and just normal water colours for coloring.

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the advice,but all the drawing's above are referenced and not traced,personally i never do tracing because it makes me feel guilty afterwards.
Also i use staedtler pigment liner for outlining and just normal water colours for coloring.
Ah! That's good to know. I'm sorry for assuming that you traced your artwork. I was basing my reply off of what Bummer had said previously. It's good to know that you're not doing so.

For traditional art, I personally work with watercolours (and gouache sometimes) as well, though I am woefully uninformed about other types of traditional media (I must admit I had never even heard of "staedtler pigment liner"). Do you use a particular brand of watercolour that you favour? Btw, I'm imporessed at how well it looks like you handle the watercolours. I always find watercolours to be a very fluid medium and so have trouble sticking to lineart, so my watercolours tend to be more painty than yours. How do you get that effect while still having such smooth flat washes?

As a misc. tip, I'd recommend editing your watercolours in ps or gimp to get the looking more like they actually would in person. I personally up contrast and brightness before using the colour adjusting tools available. Curve tools are particularly useful. It makes them much more presentable online!

So i did the following recently and hope it looks good since its scanned,also i like doing Manga Style inking referenced drawing,so any tips on it would help.
Also any tutorials on self drawing,like based on Manga and Anime anatomy would help me draw my own creations.

Ah! That's good to know. I'm sorry for assuming that you traced your artwork. I was basing my reply off of what Bummer had said previously. It's good to know that you're not doing so.

For traditional art, I personally work with watercolours (and gouache sometimes) as well, though I am woefully uninformed about other types of traditional media (I must admit I had never even heard of "staedtler pigment liner"). Do you use a particular brand of watercolour that you favour? Btw, I'm imporessed at how well it looks like you handle the watercolours. I always find watercolours to be a very fluid medium and so have trouble sticking to lineart, so my watercolours tend to be more painty than yours. How do you get that effect while still having such smooth flat washes?

As a misc. tip, I'd recommend editing your watercolours in ps or gimp to get the looking more like they actually would in person. I personally up contrast and brightness before using the colour adjusting tools available. Curve tools are particularly useful. It makes them much more presentable online!
Oh actually about the water colours i dont really know much either but i found my own way of coloring after trial and error and i use water colors which are like not even more than a dollar so they are cheap but pretty useful. Now about those smooth and flat washes to get that i use more water than the color itself and spread it evenly so that it gets into proper synchronization,dont know how to explain but its just the water that does the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a while since i last updated,i have been working on a project and when it is finished i will be sure to post it here.
Here's the drawing i did recently and i hope you like it.

Last edited:
I did this just a couple of days ago but forget to post it here.
I found the coloring part the most challenging of all but i enjoyed drawing it.
Hope you like it.

Last edited:
I did this sketch today.I really like Groudon so i drawed him and the sketch is not complete but i will be sure to post the colorized version soon.
Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)