ORAS Ubers Absolute Control (Epic Sun Balance)

Absolute Control

I decided to showcase the best team I made this generation so far according to many. It's the team I used in Ubers Premier League 3 Finals tie breaker vs ZoroarkForever. I decided to showcase this build mainly because of some players using it in PSPL, on ladder and also users constantly pming me on server to give them a Pastebin of the team.

Team Building Process:

Mega Sableye + Arceus Water, a great core to start with. They both check / counter various offensive threats like Extreme Killer / Swords Dance Arceus Ground / Stealth Rock Primal Groudon / Rock Polish Primal Groudon / etc and they keep hazards consistently off the field.

With strong hazard control provided by the previous two Pokemon, I decided to add Ho-oh for stall breaking, checking Calm Mind Arceus formes and being a beast overall.

A Swords Dance Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence check / counter is a must. Choosing Lugia was an obvious choice.

I needed a Xerneas + Primal Kyogre check, a Stealth Rock supplier, and a Pokemon strong versus stall. Obviously Primal Groudon.

I needed a Darkrai counter, a Lati@s check, a Mewtwo check, an Yveltal check and a good Pokemon for overall support and in emergencies. So I chose Klefki.

Team At A Glance:

Team Discussion:

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Mega Sableye keeps rocks off the field against a lot of Pokemon like Deoxys Forms, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, and Blissey. It also walls them hard in return. It even obliges Stealth Rock Primal Groudon to play conservative with Stealth Rock since Mega Sableye can switch in at any moment. This Pokemon also counters Extreme Killer and can annoy many other physical attackers like Mega Lucario, Deo-A, and Mewtwo-X. It's also great versus stall and status spam in general and it makes opponent's Darkrai's life a bit difficult when paired with Klefki. The move-pool is pretty much classic. Fake Out to make sure I always evolve whenever I want to.

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Judgment
- Defog
- Toxic
- Recover

The best Defog Pokemon in Oras Ubers in my opinion. It's also extremely physically bulky. It checks Ho-oh, counters Swords Dance Arceus Ground, counters Rock Polish Primal Groudon and Mixed Primal Groudon. This set has Judgment instead of Ice Beam to make it less passive and thus good versus Mega Gengar and many other things too. 16 EVs in speed to just out speed neutral base 90 Pokemon.

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 SAtk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Roost
With the great hazard control provided by the 2 previous Pokemon, using anything but Bird would be sub optimal. 3 moves Life Orb variant to greatly annoy stall. Also max speed is obligatory on this team because it makes this team less weak to any form of Primal Kyogre since it can revenge kill it. It also can 2 shot Specially Bulky / Offensive Primal Groudon variants before they can do anything as well as checking Calm Mind Arceus formes.

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Safeguard/Spikes

This Pokemon's typing is just awesome, It counters Darkrai and Checks Yveltal, Xerneas, Lati@s, etc... The set is pretty much classic. Only safeguard is unusual lets say. It's great vs stall and status spam teams because It makes Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon come in easier to cause extremely heavy damage. It's also good for Arceus Water since Klefki baits in Primal Groudon so you could use Safeguard on the turn it switches in and switch out to Arceus Water without fear of Thunder Wave. Spikes is also great specially if you playing against offense.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Physically defensive Lugia to Check / Counter Mega Salamence, Rayquaza, and Swords Groudon and almost any physically offensive Pokemon with it's awesome ability, bulk and speed. It also serves as a check to Xerneas and Kyogre with it's very high Special Defense. The speed creep is enough to out speed Adamant Rayquaza and kill it. The move-pool is pretty much classic.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rest

The Kyogre check and Stealth Rock user this team absolutely needs. With Rest and max Special Defense, It checks Primal Kyogre even better and greatly annoys stall teams. Stone Edge is used to hit Ho-Oh very hard and it's checks in general like Lati@s and Giratina-O for some damage.
Threats List:

I believe this team has almost no threats except a couple of specific sets on some Pokemon:

: Offensive set with Heat Wave can cause problems but its not used much.
: Swords Dance Arceus Ghost: Water Arceus is really bulky and can handle it. Mega Sableye can take a +2 Shadow Force and revenge kill.
: Taunt Variants can trap Lugia and other variants can trap Klefki too but at the cost of tons of Spikes on the other side. So Mega Gengar is really manageable specially that Arceus Water has Judgement and not Ice Beam.

Team's Importable:

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Spikes

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Judgment
- Defog
- Toxic
- Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rest

General Thoughts:
This is the only possible Mega Sableye + Ho oh team that is extremely solid defensively, not weak to ORAS Mega Gengar and not passive. It also has a good Match-up vs all archetypes from Stall to HO.

Shout Outs:
My UPL 3 teammates and manager Hack: you're all great players and amazing friends. WreckDra Safes Honor Tomahawk Kebabe Nayrz Myzozoa D4RR3N Astounded Transcendent God Champion

My PSPL teammates and manager Sweep : Chill Friends and amazing to work with. Glad this tour made us close and is still making use closer. Haruno SparksBlade Facts Lasagne absdaddy Mr.378 Fireburn Aurora

My PO Clan mates and PO players I used to like: I love u all n_n HaxED Chill Shadow karki tho zben Hassin627 Jlo and many many others who don't have forum accounts. I didn't forget anybody its just that you don't have accounts here to tag you.
------------------
My HC friends: GOATChris ChainyTCMK Sweetshare Knots GoldenAltaria njnp Tokyo Tom Dark Future Amir

Ubers Friends: Dilwar DracoMaster Dab magsyy Aquasition PoMMan Slurmz orch Level 56 ZoroarkForever kingmidas StarmeiTheGod Thugly Duckling Monsters of Men benbe user php Krauersaut Disaster Area Lady Gaga Antacool steelphoenix Ghost2Hunt Unwanted Malley Seirle DoubleOD Asmodean Polonium209 Shitegotreal thelinearcurve tenefix Blim -Leon-

French Buds: Exiline manu 11 Didoy75 Skyrio hyw lucaq Uber Alex Walls

German Buds: av Kakuna karla Schnikov Marshmallon It's just Lacus TFantasyy Lord Qwilfish Substitution

Friends: Miltank 2.1 DracoMaster Pain sasha the master Bossness Dragon God Red Just Do It Draciel RC James Jimmy Yagura UnB0lievable DuncajuwonPelipperrThetwinmasters AMoonGust Fille

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, this has already happened more than once within an hour or two of this thread's creation. Please don't post random jokes and dumb one-liners that do nothing to further this thread; such posts will be deleted. Thank you.

mags

Banned deucer.
Yo cm+3 attacks eleceus+shaymin healing wish=gg
You have 3 mons weak to electric and 2 others get hit by earth power and the last one is 2hkod by stab. I think this team is actually very good and I think almost everyone has a similar build to this now but im wondering why this isnt a sample team yet lol.

gj m8 nice rmt and thx for shoutout

Hi Outrage, this team is among the best ORAS Ubers teams ever made. If it doesn't end up in archive I think you should stab someone.

I still think pogre poses the biggest threat to the team, but it's definitely manageable from my experience. Don't think your threatlist is that accurate, Kyurem-W is a very easy for the team to handle due to Ho-oh+Klefki+Waterceus.

As for suggestions I don't really have much to add really, light screen somewhere on Klefki could make Kyogre easier to handle but it's pretty much impossible to fit so...

Good job!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)