a random fun team with Tyranitar and friends..

(i love this sprite)
Espeon @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
well the only thing i hate after being copycat roar riolu swept..ahem ahem..are entry hazards.
The role of espeon is simple switch into a hazard settler and set up any two screens according to the situation. Carrying hp fire is simple with popular usage of skarmory ,ferrothorn and foretress(dont mind spelling).

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover
- Ice Beam
Jellicent can play several roles in a team switching in stuff like scizor,and pokemon choiced into the wrong move.Forcing switches it can either burn something or recover depending on the situation.It also acts as a spinblocker if i really need my rocks up.I also prefer def Jelicent over sp def.Just my personal opinion.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
arguably the best revenge killer in the game imo, with screens up it can even take an earthquake and proceed to hit back with the only 2 moves it really needs CC and Stone Edge.
The reason as to why i carry aerial ace is because of threats like heracross and if latios is down against breloom .I can change it but sometimes this has saved me from losing.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
Ahh my little pony on verge of going ubers i cant get enough of this mon. The plan is simple find something slow to set up on and sweep. Not much to say more or less sub helps against the toxic politoed and toxic/wilow jelly and tenta.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SDef / 4 SAtk / 108 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
The most useful T-Tat set imo.This thing doesnt fear a scald or two and can reliably set up rocks also helps crippling other weather sweepers and weather users.Ice bean for OHKO ing gliscor which switches in thinking its safe also helps damaging dragons at least enough for revenge killing.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Surf
The only thing i was now missing on this team was a dragon(having one in OU is almost mandatory)
Since it is naturally fast i can deal with threats like haxorus and hydregion(correct me if im wrong).

Well this is my first RMT and im open to all suggestions!
Thanks.
Will be posting replays soon!
The final team

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Search Sprites on google. You might want to give Jellicent Cursed Body if you want to disable, though I don't really recommend that. Quite well done, but you might want to switch to Hydreigon instead of Latios.
Code:
Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
That's all for today.

Search Sprites on google. You might want to give Jellicent Cursed Body if you want to disable, though I don't really recommend that. Quite well done, but you might want to switch to Hydreigon instead of Latios.
Code:
Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
That's all for today.
Thank you for the rate i will definitely try Hydregion over Latios! But can you Please tell me the reason for such a change? Thanks!

I sense a weakness to Alakazam here - it beats every member of your team 1v1. With Psyshock, Focus Blast and Shadow Ball it hits everything for super-effective damage, and Terrakion fails to revenge kill it because of Magic Guard + Focus Sash. Three members of the team are straight-up OHKO'd and the other three are vulnerable to Pursuit trapping. The only way round this that I can see at the moment is to just get in Keldeo as quickly as possible and hope that you can keep up your Substitute, although even then, Alakazam still beats Keldeo 1v1 because Psyshock will bypass any Calm Mind boosts you have, and Alakazam's Focus Sash will allow it two attacks, one to break the Sub and one to KO.

The Tyranitar set looks most original - I have never seen Ice Beam Tyranitar before.

Copying SHAYURA on Cursed Body - if your wanting it to switch into Choiced mons especially, what better way of countering them than forcing them to Struggle? However, If you're worried about opposing Keldeo I can understand Water Absorb.

I sense a weakness to Alakazam here - it beats every member of your team 1v1. With Psyshock, Focus Blast and Shadow Ball it hits everything for super-effective damage, and Terrakion fails to revenge kill it because of Magic Guard + Focus Sash. Three members of the team are straight-up OHKO'd and the other three are vulnerable to Pursuit trapping. The only way round this that I can see at the moment is to just get in Keldeo as quickly as possible and hope that you can keep up your Substitute, although even then, Alakazam still beats Keldeo 1v1 because Psyshock will bypass any Calm Mind boosts you have, and Alakazam's Focus Sash will allow it two attacks, one to break the Sub and one to KO.

The Tyranitar set looks most original - I have never seen Ice Beam Tyranitar before.

Copying SHAYURA on Cursed Body - if your wanting it to switch into Choiced mons especially, what better way of countering them than forcing them to Struggle? However, If you're worried about opposing Keldeo I can understand Water Absorb.
Eh Thanks for the rate im a bit embarrassed i dint check of Alakazam nice catch! Now hydregion looks all the more appealing! Yeah switching into water attacks and checking keldeo is the only reason i use my trusted jelly.Thanks for the comment on The Tyranitar!(I use it cause well i got trolled by gliscor on my first day on PS.heh).
One of the reason i forgot to check off Alakazam is probably because i never see it much,Or i dont observe as much xD Hydregion still will take considerable damage from incoming Focus Blast any Ideas to Check off Alakazam?
Also if you are suggesting a new mon on the team,please tell me who i should replace for it!
Thanks!

To handle Alakazam more reliably without changing too much in the team, you could try replacing Jellicent with Sableye. Sableye has Sucker Punch, Foul Play etc which really hurts Alakzam, plus he is immune to Alakazam's two strongest attacks, Psyshock and Focus Blast, but otherwise he does the same things as Jellicent (Will-o-Wisp, Recover etc). And actuallly, it's probably a better Keldeo check too because your Jellicent set can't even break Keldeo's subs so Keldeo just sets up in its face. Priority Taunt stops all that nonsense.
Speaking of which, this team looks like it is built around your own Keldeo sweep, so another change you might want to make is Pursuit on Tyranitar, which can help you remove some of Keldeo's counters (Celebi, Jellicent, Latias etc).

EDIT: I'm an idiot, SubCM Keldeo can't lay a finger on Jellicent even given all the set-up in the world. CM + three attacks exists though.

Last edited:
To handle Alakazam more reliably without changing too much in the team, you could try replacing Jellicent with Sableye. Sableye has Sucker Punch, Foul Play etc which really hurts Alakzam, plus he is immune to Alakazam's two strongest attacks, Psyshock and Focus Blast, but otherwise he does the same things as Jellicent (Will-o-Wisp, Recover etc). You lose a Keldeo check but at least with priority Taunt Keldeo can't come in and start setting up, and on an offensive team it is difficult to fit in a hard Keldeo counter anyway.
Speaking of which, this team looks like it is built around your own Keldeo sweep, so another change you might want to make is Pursuit on Tyranitar, which can help you remove some of Keldeo's counters (Celebi, Jellicent, Latias etc).
Nice catch i could try that but ill lose the best Keldeo check which is atm one of the greatest threats in OU.
The Pursuit is very much expected on the tyranitar for trapping Celebi i presume since it kinda walls my keldeo but most good celebi carry baton pass also Crunch is stronger id like to keep that!^_^
Also by forcing switches i can set up rocks reliably.
Thanks for the suggestion noobcubed!
But for now i am looking for a better counter! :D

You probably have too many 'mons of the same type which makes your team very weak to certain threats, like Alakazam as mentioned, and Volcaronas carrying Giga Drain could sweep your team if they get a Quiver Dance up. Terrakion and Stealth Rock are good against Volcarona as long as you keep your scarf up, but there are still major typing weaknesses with the team. Namely 2 Rock-Types, 2 Fighting-Types and 2 Psychic-Types on the same team. Also most Dragons will be able to do big damage to your team as you have no Steel-Types.

With your huge Alakazam weakness and lack of Steel-Type, I would recommend using Choice Scarf Scizor over Terrakion. This will solve some of your teams main weaknesses and Bullet Punch will finish off any Alakazams that don't carry HP Fire. Scizor isn't as fast but with a Scarf he is still faster than Alakazam.

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Also, Hydreigon over Latios has already been suggested and I recommend that too.

On the Hydreigon suggestion from before why the IVs? Also using Hydreigon for Alakazam is just bad, since Alakazam can outspeed and OHKO next turn with Focus Miss, and if it misses just live with Sash and have a second chance.

On your Tyranitar, do the Attack EVs let you KO something specific, otherwise with the moves you have you should switch the Attack and SpAtk EVs.

On the Hydreigon suggestion from before why the IVs? Also using Hydreigon for Alakazam is just bad, since Alakazam can outspeed and OHKO next turn with Focus Miss, and if it misses just live with Sash and have a second chance.

On your Tyranitar, do the Attack EVs let you KO something specific, otherwise with the moves you have you should switch the Attack and SpAtk EVs.
yes my tyranitar lacked power and was failing to kill jellicent since i know that it can take at least 1 attack from jelecient and proceed to ko it back with crunch

I would actually suggest a scarf Jirachi over Terrakion, instead of a scizor or hydreigon or whatnot. It is a great counter to alakazam, and gives you a much-appreciated steel type.

jirachi@ Scarf
EVs:4 SpD/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly nature
-Iron head
-Ice punch
-U-turn
-Healing wish

Healing wish is really nice, as you can bring back, for example, a toxic'd Keldeo at 3% HP as the opponent lets their Jellicent die. It is really clutch with Iron head, as it can flinch tuff in a pinch. Ice Punch is for revenging dragons, and U-turn is nice for momentum. Good luck with the team!

Hola. I would reccomend replacing Espeon with Rotom-W due to the fact that you struggle against Jellicent and other bulky waters. Espeon doesn't really play a good role on your team because none of your teammates really take advantage of its screens to setup or anything. Hope I helped.

Kind of a late reply, but I was browsing random teams on the forum and came across this one.
My only suggestion would be to change Tyranitar to a physical set, maybe something like
Tyranitar@ choice scarf
252 ATT 252 HP 4 SPD
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
superpower
Crunch
Stone Edge
EQ
this is probably the best set around for him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)