RMT A Mega Crucibelle + Tomohawk Balance

Edit: Updated the sets and descriptions for post-update.

Hello, Cap-pers! I present to you my first ever RMT! Most of you in the CAP room recognize me as a casual chatter who occasionally ladders. I've had some success with this team and even peaked #1 on the CAP ladder with it. But enough about me, let's get onto the team!

Tomohawk @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Nature Power
- Roost

Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Pyroak @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Nature's Madness

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Coil

This team's overall strategy is to get chip damage on the opponent's team and sweep with Mega Crucibelle or SubCoil Zygarde. However, most of the strategy is just walling stuff.

So I decided to build a balance core, since that's the playstyle I'm best at. I decided I wanted to build the team starting off with a strong offensive wallbreaker that was getting popular at the time: Life Orb Tomohawk.

Then from there I added Mega Crucibelle because it can threaten some of the counters to Tomohawk, such as Zapdos and Tornadus-Therian. Even if the opponent has counters/checks to Tomohawk that aren't named Zapdos/Torn-T, Mega Crucibelle can still apply pressure to these other counters. For ex: it can Head Smash a weakened Celesteela, or Wood Hammer a Rotom-Wash. I decided to make Mega-Crucibelle a U-Turn set to help my team grab momentum and get chip damage on the opposing team.

After my offensive core, I added my defensive core, starting with Celesteela. Celesteela was a great choice at the time, because it countered three popular sets: Flyinium-Z Landorus-Therian, opposing Life Orb Tomohawk, and Tapu Lele lacking Thunderbolt.

I noticed my team was weak to Electric Types and Mega-Mawile, so I added a complementary backbone to Celesteela in the form of Pyroak. His typing generally walls the threats mentioned above. He also provided me with a Stealth Rock setter.

My next pokemon was Tapu Fini, as it acts as a hazard remover, and a great counter to powerful water types, such as Choice Specs Greninja and Volkraken, and Heatran lacking Grassium-Z.

Lastly, as I looked back at the 5 pokemon I had so far, I realized it would've lost pretty badly to stall. To remedy this issue, I added SubToxic Coil Zygarde, which also serves as a Mega Crucibelle counter and something to beat Stratagem lacking HP Ice.​

Time to examine the roles more in depth.

Tomohawk @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast/Aura Sphere
- Nature Power
- Roost
Tomohawk serves as one of the two wallbreakers on my team and as my Colossoil check.
Hurricane is to hit Grass and Fighting types, and Colossoil, hard. Focus Blast is to serve as another hard hitting attack, dishing out large amounts of damage to Steel, Rock, and Electric types such as Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, and Rotom-W. Aura Sphere can be used for more reliable damage but comes at the cost of a reduced damage output. Nature Power is a priority move(because of Prankster, & Nature Power is initially a status move) used to revenge kill faster & weakened threats, and in some instances, as a last attack before it gets killed by a threatening pokemon. Sometimes a certain Terrain is on the field, and it turns Nature Power into the respective attack influenced by the Terrain. For example, if Misty Terrain is up, you can turn your Nature Power into Moonblast to kill that pesky Kyurem-B. Roost is generally for recovering health on the opponent's forced switches, as well as to not get worn down by Life Orb recoil or Colossoil's chip damage. It is a status move as well, which forms Tomohawk's notorious reputation for Prankster Roost.
Life Orb on Tomohawk is to put more power behind its attacks. With this standard offensive Tomohawk set, it can obliterate teams not prepared for it. I put 252 Special Attack EVs with a Modest Nature to hit as hard as possible, 184 Speed EVs to outspeed max speed Magearna (so I can 2HKO it on the switch), and the rest in HP to take less damage from resisted attacks.
Tip: Use Tomohawk to revenge kill faster, weakened, threatening Pokemon, and take advantage of easy switchins (like against Colossoil) and/or doubles to wallbreak the opposing team.

Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- Wood Hammer/Coil
- U-Turn
Mega-Crucibelle is my second wallbreaker of the team, and can easily clean once a path is opened. It counters certain Flying types that would otherwise wall Offensive Tomohawk, like Zapdos and Tornadus-Therian. Furthermore it can easily switch into fire type walls, like Mollux and Pyroak, and proceed to threaten them with a Head Smash. It is also another revenge killer; however in this case, it cannot revenge kill really fast threats unlike Tomohawk but it can provide a higher damage output when revenge killing.
Generally, this set would be used as a switch-in to the aforementioned pokemon above and start spamming Head Smash, as that is Mega-Crucibelle's strongest attack and really puts a dent on the opposing team (150 base power + STAB!). If there is a pokemon Head Smash can't get past, like Mega-Metagross, it can also use U-Turn to pivot out into safety. U-Turn also can give Tomohawk a safe switchin, who then proceeds to threaten ground types that may give Mega-Crucibelle trouble. Mega-Crucibelle also threatens special walls like Chansey for Tomohawk and Tomohawk kills physical walls. Therefore, these two offensive pokemon work fairly well together. Mega-Crucibelle's high offensive presence with its high-powered STABs and U-Turn can also turn it into a decent lead, threatening pokemon and grabbing momentum from the get-go. Gunk Shot is for bulky fairies and grass types such as Tapu Fini and Tangrowth, while Wood Hammer is to provide coverage on Ground types, which otherwise resist both of Mega-Crucibelle's STABs. Coil + U-Turn is also an option to provide momentum early game and sweep late game; also helps chip Ferrothorn faster. Thanks to Mega-Crucibelle's ability: Magic Guard, it won't take any recoil from Head Smash nor Wood Hammer.
Regenerator in Crucibelle (base form) is used to regain health if needed when pivoting, however it isn't generally used, as you want to mega evolve Crucibelle as soon as possible to boost its attack stat immediately. 252 Attack and 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly Nature are used to make Mega-Crucibelle as threatening and fast as possible.
Tip: Mega evolve Crucibelle as soon as you manage to get it onto the field, and start spamming Head Smash unless you see a Steel type that resists it, like the common Mega-Metagross. If you don't feel comfortable with the accuracy of the moves in tight situations, U-Turn out to safety.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Careful/Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake/Air Slash
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Celesteela counters many dangerous threats to my team, like Tapu Lele lacking Thunderbolt & Flyinium Landorus-Therian & opposing offensive Tomohawk. It's job is simple: switch in to things it walls with its great natural bulk and typing, and proceed to chip the opposing team with Leech Seed. Sometimes it even acts as 'somewhat' a stop to setup sweepers like Swords Dance Landorus-Therian. If you choose to run Air Slash over Earthquake, this tendency can extend to beating Dragon Dance Gyarados one on one.
Heavy Slam is used as Celesteela's primary attack and does a decent amount of damage to targets because of Celesteela's huge weight. It also is used to kill fairy types like Tapu Lele and Clefable, and rock types like Stratagem (which doesn't OHKO w/ Life Orb Fire Blast!). Earthquake is put on this Celesteela to lure common counters, and KO them, like Specially Defensive Mollux after Stealth Rocks, and Magnezone. If using Earthquake, use a Careful Nature to increase Celesteela's Special Defense and decrease its unneeded Special Attack (as there are no special moves if using the Earthquake set). However, you may find yourself wanting to kill Defensive Tomohawk rather than trying to pp stall it with Heavy Slam and Leech Seed, or wanting a more reliable way to beat Dragon Dance Gyarados. For this, you have Air Slash, in which you now should run a Sassy Nature (increases Special Defense, and decreases the only stat that reasonably should be decreased on this wall, speed). Leech Seed and Protect are what makes a Celesteela Celesteela-ish. It gets chip on switch-ins to Celesteela and let's it recover any health it may have lost, and Protect allows Celesteela to scout for moves, get Leech Seed + Lefties recovery safely, and perhaps punish the opponent's possible double, as well as stall out Trick Room and Tailwind turns.
Beast Boost, the only legal ability, allows this wall to increase its special defense by one stage after it kills a pokemon, making it even more difficult for the opponent to take it down. The EVs and nature chosen for this set just about equalize the damage taken from Choice Specs Tapu Lele's Psyshock and Psychic.
Tip: Wall stuff and leech seed and click attacks on things that aren't threatening.

Pyroak @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Stealth Rock
Wall #2: Pyroak. This pokemon provides a much-needed counter to electric types and a more reliable switch in to most steel types by the virtue of its natural bulk and typing. Furthermore, it is my Tapu Bulu counter, and my way to kill Ferrothorn as well. It also serves as a Stealth Rock setter, and get them up rather often in a lot of matches, since Mega-Metagross and Tapu Koko (both pokemon it walls) are fairly common, and give it opportunities to set rocks.
Lava Plume is to hit steel and grass types like Mega-Mawile and Tapu Bulu, and fish for a 30% burn chance. Giga Drain is to hit water types such as Krilowatt and Tapu Fini, and Colossoil for super-effective damage and to get some small recovery in the process. Synthesis is used for a more reliable way to regain health than Giga Drain and will probably often be used a lot in the duration of a match. Stealth Rocks ... well you know what it does, but in case you don't, it puts small chip damage every time the opponent switches out. However, in the CAP meta, it has somewhat of another function: to reveal what is an Aurumoth bluff if the opponent has one.
Battle Armor is used as the ability, because the alternative, Rock Head, is useless as I have no recoil moves on this set (no crits > useless ability imo). 248 HP EVs are used to maximize bulk across both Defense and Special Defense and so Pyroak can switch into Stealth Rocks four times. 100 Special Defense is used to better counter Krilowatt and Syclant. The rest of the EVs and nature are dumped into Defense so Pyroak can counter Mega-Metagross and Tapu Bulu more efficiently.
Tip: switch Pyroak into electric type attacks, mega metagross, tapu bulu, ferrothorn, and set up stealth rock if the opportunity presents itself (also keep an eye on synthesis PP).

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Nature's Madness/Protect
Tapu Fini is used as my hazard remover, water type counter, and my Syclant counter. It's role on this team is to basically switch into the pokemon mentioned above and start defogging troublesome hazards and/or weakening teams with Nature's Madness. It can also 'somewhat' ease the matchup against stall by preventing their pokemon from using status moves for a while.
Scald is my water stab, getting neutral damage on steel, poison, and fire types (types that resist Moonblast) like Celesteela and Volkraken. It can also fish for burns on non-grounded Pokemon and after Misty Terrain is over (mostly the former). Moonblast is to hit Dark, Fighting, and Dragon types like Battle Bond Greninja Tomohawk, and Dragonite. Defog is used so my team has a way of removing hazards. Nature's Madness is in the last moveslot to weaken switch-ins more efficiently than a non-invested Scald or Moonblast, and it can also get more chip damage on a pokemon that is neutral to these two STABs. Alternatively, you can run Protect, to be able to survive two +3 Earth Powers from Syclant after Stealth Rocks and Protect turns. Protect also can scout for the opponent's move if they are Choice Scarved, punish double switches, and safely rack up more Leftovers recovery. It also stalls out Trick Room and Tailwind turns. However, there are many counters to Tapu Fini in this meta, such as Mollux, that wouldn't be hurt at all if you used Protect, and you would be stalling out your own Misty Terrain too.
Misty Surge, Tapu Fini's only ability, allows 5 turns of rendering status moves ineffective for grounded pokemon, and as stated above, can 'somewhat' ease the matchup against stall. 252 HP EVs and 20 Special Defense EVs with a Calm Nature allow Tapu Fini to beat Tail Glow Syclant after switching in the turn the Syclant Tail Glows (this is extended to beating it even with rocks up if running Protect). The rest of the EVs are dumped into Defense to better take physical hits.
Tip: If using Nature's Madness, feel free to use its halving ability on full health mons. If using Protect, feel free to rack up Leftovers recovery and scout for Choice Scarved moves and/or doubles.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Coil
Zygarde is my main way to beat stall and opposing Mega Crucibelle. Without this pokemon, my team would practically autolose to Dugtrio Stall and opposing Coil Mega-Crucibelle. Zygarde is basically to tie up my team's loose ends, even if not faced with the matchups of vs Dugtrio Stall and Mega Crucibelle, it still does an excellent job of picking apart Balance teams, with this set.
Leftovers is used for passive recovery and so that I don't auto-kill my HP with Substitute. Aura Break is the only legal, non-banned ability Zygarde has, and unfortunately, it's rather useless in this meta (although the pokemon itself isn't).
Thousand Arrows is to basically hit every pokemon neutrally or super effectively except for Grass and Bug types. Toxic is used to pressure on Balance teams, even without multiple boosts, by Toxic-ing their walls and Thousand Arrows-resists, and it also is the primary way to beat Haze Tomohawk, otherwise a hard wall to this set. It can put sweepers on a timer, like Dragon Dance Gyarados. Substitute is used to avoid status moves, like Will-O-Wisp and opposing Toxic, and it is rarely broken in one shot by opposing walls due to Zygarde's great natural bulk and defensive EVs. In conjunction with Toxic, this is how Zygarde really puts pressure on Balance and Stall teams. Coil is to make Zygarde a late game sweeper and even more deadly; it also racks up Zygarde's defense, making it even harder for the opponent to kill Zygarde. It is generally used behind the safety of a Substitute, and is your way of beating Mega Sableye + Chansey.
252 HP EVs maximize Zygarde's bulk and allows Substitute to survive weak attacks and Chansey's Seismic Toss. 128 Defense EVs are added to ensure Zygarde lives a +2 Shadow Bone from Thick Club A-Marowak after Stealth Rocks, but if you aren't worried about this, you can put these EVs into Special Defense. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Special Defense to survive weak Special Attacks from walls.
Tip: Zygarde can be used both mid-game and end-game, and Toxic is a fun move to spam. Take advantage of opportunities to Substitute.
In conclusion, that basically sums up the roles of the pokemon and how to use this team! Thanks for reading through this (god-awful) long RMT, and hope you enjoy the team ^-^! Feel free to leave suggestions and point out any unnecessary calcs and stuff like that.

Revive CAP ladder imo

Proof of Peak (Omega Spam is my alt)

Tomohawk's Attacks
252+ SpA Life Orb Tomohawk Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-Black: 296-351 (75.7 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Nature Power in Misty Terrain)

Mega-Crucibelle's Attacks
252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 334-394 (47.4 - 55.9%) (does a lot to Chansey even if it relies on 80% accuracy)

Celesteela's Attacks
0 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mollux: 340-400 (86.2 - 101.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 260-308 (80.4 - 95.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Choice Specs Magnezone set, needs a little chip damage to KO)
0 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 256-304 (91.1 - 108.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Choice Scarf Magnezone set)
0 SpA Celesteela Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 85-102 (25.6 - 30.8%)
(this may seem like Celesteela can't stop Gyarados, but remember you have Leech Seed. Also it's better than if you ran Earthquake in this instance, as Gyarados would resist/be immune to both of your attacks).
0 SpA Celesteela Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tomohawk: 206-246 (49.7 - 59.4%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO as opposed to
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 102-120 (24.6 - 28.9%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO

Celesteela's Defenses
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Celesteela: 129-153 (32.4 - 38.4%) -- 98.4% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Celesteela: 130-153 (32.6 - 38.4%) -- 99.4% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Celesteela: 154-182 (38.6 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Celesteela: 153-180 (38.4 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
The calc doesn't display Psychic Surge as a factor, but it was factored in even if it doesn't say so.

252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Celesteela: 150-177 (37.6 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Celesteela: 300-354 (75.3 - 88.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Celesteela: 229-270 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Fly vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Celesteela: 154-182 (38.6 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Tomohawk Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Celesteela: 92-109 (23.1 - 27.3%) -- 2% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Celesteela: 169-199 (42.4 - 50%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Stratagem Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Celesteela: 231-273 (58 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Don't forget about Leech Seed + Protect when looking at these calcs.

Pyroak's Defenses
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Pyroak: 139-165 (31.3 - 37.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Krilowatt Surf vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Pyroak: 140-165 (31.6 - 37.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tapu Bulu Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Pyroak: 180-214 (40.6 - 48.3%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Pyroak: 362-426 (81.7 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Pyroak: 342-403 (77.2 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
244 SpA Life Orb Syclant Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Pyroak: 169-200 (38.1 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Syclant Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Pyroak: 328-387 (74 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunder vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Pyroak in Electric Terrain: 138-164 (31.1 - 37%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (Thunder because that's about the max Specially Offensive Tapu Koko can do to Pyroak, and that's the set used on Rain teams. The more common Thunderbolt does even less).

Tapu Fini's Defenses
+3 252 SpA Syclant Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 20+ SpD Tapu Fini: 159-188 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (it's a guaranteed 3HKO if you run protect).

Zygarde's Defenses
0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Zygarde: 76-91 (18 - 21.6%)
0 SpA Pyroak Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Zygarde: 66-78 (15.7 - 18.5%)
0 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Zygarde: 73-87 (17.3 - 20.7%)
0 SpA Celesteela Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Zygarde: 72-85 (17.1 - 20.2%)
Chansey Seismic Toss vs. 252 HP Zygarde: 100-100 (23.8 - 23.8%)
None of these break Substitute

+2 252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Zygarde: 204-241 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (always click Thousand Arrows against a Coiled Mega-Crucibelle).
+2 252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Zygarde: 334-394 (79.5 - 93.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Medicham - This fearsome balance breaker well ... annihilates my balance team. If this is paired with Tapu Koko, the best pivot in the game, then my team just starts falling down. You have to hope the opponent stays in with their Mega Medicham while you click Gunk Shot on Mega Crucibelle.

U-Turn Mega Crucibelle - Mega Crucibelle is a nightmare to balance teams, Head Smashing left and right. My only resist is Zygarde, which eventually will be worn down where Mega Crucibelle can just kill it with Wood Hammer.

Grassium-Z Fire Types - The common ones are Heatran and Volcanion, in which they both can deal with my fire resists. Heatran clicks Earth Power and Volcanion clicks Steam Eruption against my Mega-Crucibelle. Both use Bloom Doom for huge damage on my Tapu Fini. Most of my team takes a huge chunk from their STABs. I deal with Heatran by forcing it to waste it's Grassium-Z and then switching into Zygarde to wall it. For Volcanion, I have to usually sack something and then revenge kill it with my Mega-Crucibelle.

Cawmadore - I have no counters or checks to Belly Drum Cawmadore, and if it manages to get to +6, it can sweep my entire team. Luckily, Cawmadore isn't that common in higher level play, and if I do see it, I attack it the turn it Belly Drums. Once I do this, I can sack a mon and revenge kill it with Tomohawk's Nature Power.

Strong, Fast Special Attackers with Coverage - Stratagem is one of these and just dismantles my team with all its cool coverage options. Ancient Power/Paleo Wave for Pyroak, Earth Power for Mega Crucibelle, Fire Blast for Celesteela (on the switch-in), Energy Ball for Tapu Fini, and HP Ice for Zygarde. I just kinda have to scout it's movepool first before taking appropiate actions.

Cyclohm - My only safe switch ins to defensive BoltBeam are Mega Crucibelle and Pyroak, both of whom can't really do much back to Cyclohm. However, if I somehow manage to get Tapu Fini on the field, then I can start threatening it out with Moonblast.
However, offensive Cyclohm also threatens my team by outspeeding my Tomohawk and Tapu Fini if it runs max speed. Pyroak, which is my only Electric resist, can get bopped by Life Orb Draco Meteor. My way of dealing with offensive Cyclohm is usually forcing it to wear itself down with its Life Orb, then revenge killing it with Mega Crucibelle, and/or forcing it to use Draco Meteor and have its Special Attack halved.
Especially troublesome is the move Volt Switch it just recently got in the updates.

vs Heaven Jay. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-524611184
My coverage on Tomohawk put pressure during the endgame and ultimately got me the victory.

vs snake rattler's (old) Trick Room team. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-527863048
This replay showcases how Zygarde puts pressure, how Celesteela walls stuff after opposing Electric and Fire types are gone, and how this team has a pretty good matchup against Trick Room with the bulkyness of the defensive core & Protects.

Shoutouts to Snorlax in the way for being a gud fren w/ memes, @Reminescent, Sundar, and Airwind for also being good friends and showing me cool CAP ideas (necesito tener Airwind en mi lista :P), every1 in the CAP room for helping me test and grow in the meta and having a good attitude and fun nature, my mono friends Mateeus_1, aGroove, TheAveng92R, @Zgx, Oberyn the viper, stat1c, and my irl friend GAWWD (for being a great friendo). Sorry to every1 who I forgot to give a s/o to, I can't fit every1 in :(.

Edit: Updated the sets and descriptions for post-update.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)