GPing these

add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
Rain Dance lasts 8 turns.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Any Pokemon that uses Rain Dance while holding a Damp Rock will have its duration boosted to eight turns instead of the regular five.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Regarding competitive usage, Damp Rock is both a good and bad item. It is outclassed by Politoed and Kyogre's Drizzle in OU and Ubers respectively, as they summon permanent rain, whereas a Damp Rock-boosted Rain Dance only lasts for eight turns. However, Drizzle cannot be used in the lower tiers, nor can it be used with any Pokemon that has Swift Swim in OU, meaning that it still has a niche in the standard metagame, as well as in the lower tiers.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Damp Rock can be found on Route 8.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises the power of a Dark-type move by 50%. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>A Pokemon holding a Dark Gem will have any Dark-type attack boosted by 50%, but it is only a one-time use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Dark Gem can be equipped to Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Weavile, which appreciate boosts to their Dark-type attacks, specifically Crunch, Night Slash, and Pursuit. As the Dark Gem is only a one-time use, however, it is outclassed by other boosting items, such as Life Orb, Choice Band, and Expert Belt, all of which are better over the course of a match.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>A Dark Gem can be found in a dustcloud in any of the following locations: Wellspring Cave, Chargestone Cave, Mistralton Cave, Twist Mountain, Challenger's Cave, Victory Road, or the Giant Chasm.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Part of the storyline in BW. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item, obtained from Lenora in Nacrene City, calls out Zekrom to come and assist you against N & Reshiram in N's Castle.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item has no competitive use. It is purely for in-game purposes.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Narcene City (from Lenora).</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Evolves Kirlia and Snorunt.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This is an evolution stone that evolves a male Kirlia into Gallade or a female Snorunt into Froslass.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>A Dawn Stone can be found on Route 10, or in a dustcloud in any of the following locations: Wellspring Cave, Chargestone Cave, Mistralton Cave, Twist Mountain, Challenger's Cave, Victory Road, or the Giant Chasm. It can also be purchased in Black City.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Doubles Clamperl's Special Defense. Evolves Clamperl into Gorebyss.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>When Clamperl is traded with this item, it will evolve into a Gorebyss, while if it holds it normally in battle, its Special Defense stat is doubled.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item can be used to help turn Clamperl into a respectable special wall in the lower tiers, not to mention in Little Cup, although its main use is for in-game purposes, since it is needed to obtain a Gorebyss.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 13.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Doubles Clamperl's Special Attack. Evolves Clamperl into Huntail.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>When Clamperl is traded with this item, it will evolve into a Huntail, while if it holds it normally in battle, its Special Attack stat is doubled.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item can be used to help turn Clamperl into a respectable special attacker in the lower tiers, although its main use is for in-game purposes, since it is needed to obtain a Huntail.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 13.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
If the user becomes infatuated, so does the enemy.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If the user becomes infatuated is used on the holder of this object, the effect will transfer over to the enemy, making them both become infatuated.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is a gimmick, as trying to infatuate a foe is an unreliable tactic.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Opelucid City.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Increases critical hit ratio by 1 level.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If this item is used on a Pokemon, its critical hit ratio will increase by 1 level.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item must be used on a Pokemon (a Pokemon cannot hold it) for it to be effective. As items cannot be "used" in competitive play, Dire Hit should never be seen in battle.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 9.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Increases critical hit ratio by 2 levels.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If this item is used on a Pokemon, its critical hit ratio will increase by 2 levels.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item must be used on a Pokemon (a Pokemon cannot hold it) for it to be effective. As items cannot be "used" in competitive play, Dire Hit 2 should never be seen in battle.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>It can only be used in Wonder Launcher battles, and it cannot be obtained elsewhere.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Increases critical hit ratio by 3 levels.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If this item is used on a Pokemon, its critical hit ratio will increase by 3 levels.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item must be used on a Pokemon (a Pokemon cannot hold it) for it to be effective. As items cannot be "used" in competitive play, Dire Hit 3 should never be seen in battle.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>It can only be used in Wonder Launcher battles, and it cannot be obtained elsewhere.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
A Ball used to catch Pokemon that is more effective in water terrain.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>A Ball with a normal catch rate of 1. If a Pokemon is found while surfing, fishing, or diving, the catch rate becomes 3.5.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Wellspring Cave, Cold Storage (with Dowsing Machine), Village Bridge. It can also be purchased in Undella Town.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be revived into Kabuto.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>When brought to the museum in Narcene City, it can be revived into a Kabuto.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item has no competitive use, although it is needed to obtain a Kabuto. Otherwise, it is purely for in-game purposes.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Twist Mountain.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Changes the type of Techno Blast to Water.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This ability causes the Techno Blast move to become Water-type. It does not change it in any other way, however, and has no effect on a Pokemon without this move.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Only two Pokemon in the game can use Techno Blast, and the only one who can actually make use of it is Genesect. However, you really shouldn't be using this item even on Genesect, for a number of reasons. For one thing, holding Douse Drive means that Genesect cannot then hold a boosting item, and will miss the kick from Life Orb or Choice Scarf dreadfully. Furthermore, Genesect has access to other coverage moves, such as Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Flamethrower, which also allow use of another boosting item. Like the other Drive items, you should never use Douse Drive competitively. It is just not worth it.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>P2 Laboratory (Show Genesect).</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can detect hidden items.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>A key item that when activated will guide the user to any nearby hidden items.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Narcene City (from Bianca).</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises power of Dragon-type moves 20%.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item boosts the power of Dragon-type moves by 20%, while making Arceus become a Dragon-type.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is useful primarily in Ubers, where it enables Arceus to become a Dragon-type. This means it can utilize a number of new strategies, including becoming a Calm Mind booster with a 100 Base Power special Dragon-type attack with no drawbacks. Draco Plate can also be used in OU on Pokemon such as Latios, as it can be used to fake a Choice item, while continuing to boost the power of the Dragon-type move of choice.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 13.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises power of Dragon-type moves 20%.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item boosts the power of Dragon-type moves by 20%.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Dragon Claw can be used in OU on Pokemon such as Latios, as it can be used to fake a Choice item, while continuing to boost the power of the Dragon-type move of choice.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Dragonspiral Tower.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises the power of a Dragon-type move by 50%. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>A Pokemon holding a Dragon Gem will have any Dragon-type attack boosted by 50%, but it is only a one-time use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Dragon Gem can be equipped to Pokemon such as Latios and Salamence, which appreciate boosts to their Dragon-type attacks, specifically Draco Meteor, Outrage, and Dragon Claw. As the Dragon Gem is only a one-time use, however, it is outclassed by other boosting items, such as Life Orb, Choice Band, and Expert Belt, all of which are better over the course of a match.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>A Dragon Gem can be found in a dustcloud in any of the following locations: Wellspring Cave, Chargestone Cave, Mistralton Cave, Twist Mountain, Challenger's Cave, Victory Road, or the Giant Chasm.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Evolves Seadra into Kingdra.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>When traded, a Seadra holding a Dragon Scale will evolve into a Kingdra.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is only needed for obtaining a Kingdra, and it has no other competitive use apart from that.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 13, Route 18.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Part of the storyline in BW. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item is part of a fossil that was taken by Team Plasma from Nacrene City. It should be taken from them in Pinwheel Forest.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Pinwheel Forest (after you defeat Team Plasma there).</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises power of Dark-type moves 20%.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item boosts the power of Dark-type moves by 20%, while making Arceus become a Dark-type.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is useful primarily in Ubers, where it enables Arceus to become a Dark-type. This means it can utilize a number of new strategies, including becoming a Calm Mind booster with a 100 Base Power special Dark-type attack with no drawbacks. Dark Plate can also be used in OU on Pokemon such as Hydreigon, as it can be used to fake a Choice item, while continuing to boost the power of the Dark-type move of choice. It is outclassed by other boosting items, though.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Abyssal Ruins.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
A Ball used to catch Pokemon in the Entralink forest.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This Ball can only be used in Entralink forest, to catch Pokemon that have Dream World abilities.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is useful only for catching Pokemon with Dream World abilities, such as Regenerator Slowbro or Multiscale Dragonite. Other than that, it is useless competitively.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Entralink Forest.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Evolves Porygon2 into Porygon-Z.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item boosts the power of Dragon-type moves by 20%, while making Arceus become a Dragon-type.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is useful primarily in Ubers, where it enables Arceus to become a Dragon-type. This means it can utilize a number of new strategies, including becoming a Calm Mind booster with a 100 Base Power special Dragon-type attack with no drawbacks. Draco Plate can also be used in OU on Pokemon such as Latios, as it can be used to fake a Choice item, while continuing to boost the power of the Dragon-type move of choice.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 13.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
No use. Unobtainable in BW.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This is a Berry that was used in the older generation games, but it now has no use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item cannot be used in BW.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Unobtainable.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
A Ball used to catch Pokemon that is more effective at night.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This Ball is useful, as it has an enormous catch rate of 3.5 when in a dark area (night-time or a cave). (period) It's catch rate is otherwise 1.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item has no competitive use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Striaton City, Castelia City. It can also be bought on Route 9, or in Driftveil City, Opelucid City, or the Pokemon League.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Evolves Misdreavus, Murkrow, and Lampent.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>An evolution stone used to evolve Misdreavus into Mismagius, Murkrow into Honchkrow, and Lampent into Chandelure.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is only needed to obtain the aforementioned Pokemon, and otherwise has no competitive use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>A Dusk Stone can be found on Route 10 and Mistralton Cave, or in a dustcloud in any of the following locations: Wellspring Cave, Chargestone Cave, Mistralton Cave, Twist Mountain, Challengers Cave, Victory Road, Giant Chasm.</p>

will do more later, stay tuned!

Dubious Disk needs to be redone btw

bmb feel free to upload any that I GP directly onsite and I or another SS will cache it
TheMantyke had gotten a few of these already, but I finished up this post and added a proper description for the Dubious Disk page. All of these can now be marked as done!

Uploaded everything in post #173 with the exception of Lax Incense.

I was originally going to just rewrite the Competitive Use section of Lax Incense, as it's disallowed in all Smogon metagames by Evasion Clause, but then I remembered it's probably legal in VGC so I left it alone. Just wanted to run it by bmb/Oglemi/whoever before I did anything to it.

(Also, sorry about the stretching with my first Metal Coat edit reason. That's one of my favorite old Smogon quotes, and I was expecting it to wrap around to a second line instead of stretching the screen lol... >_>)

ps other than Lax Incense, the items I didn't edit were already identical to what's in Oglemi's post

(Also, sorry about the stretching with my first Metal Coat edit reason. That's one of my favorite old Smogon quotes, and I was expecting it to wrap around to a second line instead of stretching the screen lol... >_>)
Don't worry, I got a good chuckle out of it.

I've uploaded all of the Arceus Plates and I am now about to upload all of the S moves in post #174

Edit: Alright, the S move stuff is done, with a few notices:

• The Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, and Stockpile's pages were left untouched. The current onsite versions had more content to them and the grammar looked solid.
  • The same goes for Stomp, although I removed mention of Fire / Ice / Thunder Fang like in the GP checked version.
  • The on site Stored Power went more in depth with it's long description and had the exact same competitive use so I kept those the same. However, I merged the two short descriptions.

Edit #2: Also took on the N moves in post #175 since that was so small. Nanab Berry, NeverMeltIce, and Nugget were the exact same as they were on site and were not uploaded. On site Normal Gem was far superior to the one here and was not uploaded.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK I have some stuff to do it seems but very quickly and before I forget I really need to say this before it becomes a problem

DO NOT EDIT THE DESCRIPTION SECTION FOR MOVES ON-SITE

In case people didn't know I spent a rather large chunk of my free time last year going through all the moves on-site and making sure they were all consistent in their descriptions so now simply overwriting them is a tad annoying

If you see a grammar mistake on-site then by all means correct it but DO NOT simply overwrite what is on-site as likely it is more up-to-date than what is in the thread

Note that this doesn't apply to Competitive Use and Related Move sections or indeed to Abilities or Items currently

Will edit this post with extra administrative stuff once I fix this

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base SpD stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Special Defense stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item really has no competitive use, besides allowing for quicker EV training to get cartridge Pokemon ready for battle.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>This item can be found at Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge by walking in the shaded circles that occasionally appear on the bridges. Found in both Black and White versions.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base SpA stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Special Attack stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item really has no competitive use, besides allowing for quicker EV training to get cartridge Pokemon ready for battle.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>This item can be found at Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge by walking in the shaded circles that occasionally appear on the bridges. Found in both Black and White versions.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base HP stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's HP stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base Atk stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Attack stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base Def stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Defense stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base Spe stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Speed stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base SpD stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Special Defense stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base SpA stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Special Attack stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base HP stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's HP stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base Atk stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Attack stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base Def stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Defense stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Slightly increases the base Spe stat of a single Pokemon. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the EVs for the Pokemon's Speed stat by 1. Also increases the Pokemon's happiness. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>

On these.

EDIT:

So, Oglemi knows exactly what changes I did. The short version is:

-Added all missing happiness mentions.
-Removed all CU sections.
-Added "One-time use." to all six.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
Stores Friend Codes.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Descrpition</h2>
<p>This item allows the player to register friends in-game. You can battle and trade over Wi-Fi with the friends registered in the Pal Pad. It has no competitive use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>The Pal Pad is given to the player by Amanita in Fennel's house after the player receives the Striaton Gym Badge and recovers the Dream Mist from the Dreamyard</p>

[SHORT DESC]

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item can be used to create items that improve Condition for Contests. It has no competitive use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>This item is not found in Black or White. (period)</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Cures paralysis.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item has no competitive use except in Wonder Launcher battles, where it costs 4 points to use. It has no effect in regular battles</p>
<p>Cures a Pokemon of paralysis.

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Cannot be used in link or Wi-Fi battles.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Found in all Poké Marts after obtaining one Badge.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Obtained by completing Entralink missions. Can be exchanged for Entralink powers.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item has no competitive use. It allows the player to use Entralink Pass Powers, which give bonuses such as raising Pokemon encounter rate or making Eggs hatch faster.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>This item is found in the Entralink. (period)</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Reduces damage from a super effective Water-type attack by 50%. Consumed after use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item reduces the damage from a super effective Water-type move used on the holder by 50%. It has no effect on a Pokemon that does not take super effective damage from Water-type moves. Natural Gift becomes a 60 Base Power Water-type attack when the user holds this Berry, but the Berry is consumed after use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Though many Pokemon are weak to Water, only a few can competitively use Passho Berry. This item works only once, which greatly reduces its usefulness. Offensive Fire, Rock, and Ground Pokemon should use this item to absorb a hit from a Water Pokemon and attack back or set up. Note that many Water weak Pokemon cannot break through many bulky Water-types well even with Passho Berry, therefore it sees very limited competitive use. The most common Pokemon to use Passho Berry is Heatran, who can use its offenses to possibly bust through a Water Pokemon that usually KOs it. Before using Passho Berry on a Pokemon, consider how much it values the added HP of Leftovers or the extra power from Life Orb (or a different type-resist Berry).</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Passho Berries can be found in the Pokemon Dream World. (period)</p>
<p>Held by wild Pansear (5%).

[SHORT DESC]
Reduces damage from a super effective Psychic-type attack by 50%. Consumed after use.

[LONG DESC]
<p>This Berry reduces the damage from a super effective Psychic-type move used on the holder by 50%. It has no effect on a Pokemon that does not take super effective damage from Psychic-type moves. Natural Gift becomes a 60 Base Power Psychic-type attack when the user holds this Berry, but the Berry is consumed after use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item, though it has a competitive function, sees no competitive use because Psychic is not a commonly used type and most Fighting- and Poison-type Pokemon cannot relinquish their item slot to use Payapa Berry.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>This item is found in the Pokemon Dream World.</p>
<p>Held by wild Mankey and Primeape (5%).

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold for 700 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item can be sold in a Poké Mart for 700 Poké Dollars. It has no competitive use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Pearl is found in a shop in Black City and can be found on wild Shellder and Cloyster</p>
<p>Route 1, Route 4 (With Dowsing Machine), Route 13, Route 18 (With Dowsing Machine), Undella Bay (With Dowsing Machine).</p>
<p>Held by wild Shellder and Cloyster (50%).</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold to maniac in Icirrus City for 25,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item can be sold to the Item Maniac in Icirrus City for 25,000 Poké Dollars. It has no competitive use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Hidden on Route 13.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Cures poison. One-time use.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>It removes poison, both the regular and Toxic kind, from a Pokemon one time in a battle. This item is not competitively viable as it is generally outclassed by Lum Berry. Natural Gift becomes a 60 Base Power Electric-type attack when the user holds this Berry, but the Berry is consumed after use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is not seen in any tier because Lum Berry can cure any status aliment while Pecha Berry can only cure one.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Given to you by various Trainers in Pinwheel Forest and Route 8, and by the Harlequin in Castelia City.</p>
<p> Held by wild Poochyena, Mightyena, Stunky, and Skuntank (5%).</p>
<p>Held by wildVenipede, Whirlipede, and Scolipede (50%).</p> can also carry this item.
<p>This Berry can also be grown in the Pokemon Dream World.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Cures confusion. One-time use.
[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item snaps the holder out of confusion one time. This works on self-inflicted confusion as well. Natural Gift becomes a 60 Base Power Ground-type attack when the user holds this Berry, but the Berry is consumed after use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is generally outclassed by Lum Berry because Lum can cure any status aliment, but it can be used on Dragons that make use of the move Outrage if you want to be sure that you will not be confused after using Outrage. However, Lum offers full status protection one time instead of just confusion protection, so it's generally more advantageous to use Lum over Persim.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Held by wild Girafarig and Kecleon (5%).</p>
<p>Held by wild Tympole, Palpitoad, and Seismitoad (50%).</p>
<p>Can be found in the Dream World area Windswept Sky.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises SpA by one stage when at 25% HP or less. Unobtainable in BW. One-time use.
[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>When a Pokemon holding this Berry reaches 25% HP or less this item activates and the Pokemon's Special Attack raises one stage. Natural Gift becomes a 80 Base Power Poison-type attack when the user holds this Berry, but the Berry is consumed after use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is competitively viable; sets like SubPetaya (where a Pokemon uses Substitute down to 25% HP and then consumes the Petaya Berry to attack opponents with boosted special moves) can be deadly on offensive specially offensive Pokemon such as Empoleon.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>At the moment, this item has no competitive use because it cannot be obtained in Pokemon Black or White.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Unobtainable in BW.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Creates Poffins.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Not obtainable in BW.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be revived into Archen.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If you take this item to the Nacrene Museum, it can be revived into Archen.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>A Backpacker in the first floor of the Relic Castle has this item and will give either the Plume or Cover Fossil to the the player.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises power of Poison-type moves 20%.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>When this item is held by a Pokemon, the power of its Poison-type moves will increase 20%.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This item is not seen often in competitive Pokemon because it offers a relatively small boost to only one type of move. Poison is barely seen as an attacking move in any tier, and Poison Barb is somewhat outclassed as an item by the Choice items, Life Orb, and Expert Belt. All three of those items offer an equal or higher damage boost, and Expert Belt also has no drawbacks. Before deciding to use Poison Barb, be sure to consider one of the aforementioned items first.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>This item is found on Route 8.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises the power of a Poison-type move by 50%. One-time use.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>When a Pokemon holding this item uses a Poison-type move, the move's power is increased by 50%, then the Poison Gem is consumed.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Poison Gem is barely used at all in competitive Pokemon, as it only works one time and Poison is almost never seen as an attacking type. Most Pokemon appreciate permanent boosts from Life Orb or a Choice item instead of a one-time boost to a rather poor offensive type.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>This item can only be obtained via dust clouds in the following locations: Wellspring Cave, Chargestone Cave, Mistralton Cave, Twist Mountain, Challenger's Cave, Victory Road, and Giant Chasm.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
A Ball used to catch Pokemon.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item can be thrown at a wild Pokemon in order to catch it. It has a catch rate of 1.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Every Poké Mart after getting the Pokédex.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Allows you to flee from wild Pokemon.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>When used in-game, this item guarantees that you can flee from a wild Pokemon regardless of level. After this item is used once, it is consumed.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Black City.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Allows you to flee from wild Pokemon.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item allows you to flee from any wild Pokemon regardless of level. After this item is used once, it is consumed.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 9 Department Store.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Reduces HP EVs by 10. Increases happiness.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Increases the Pokemon's happiness, but lowers the Pokemon's HP EVs by 10. This Berry has no competitive use, but is very useful in-game. When EV training a Pokemon that already has HP EVs and you wish to remove the HP EVs, you can feed this Berry to that Pokemon to lower the HP EVs. This Berry can also correct a mistake in EV training; if you accidentally added HP EVs to a Pokemon that you did not wish to add them to, you can use the Pomeg Berry to remove the EVs. Natural Gift becomes a 70 Base Power Ice-type attack when the user holds this Berry, but the Berry is consumed after use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>

uploaders be careful with these, I made a lot of changes to many of them.

Oglemi

Borf
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
10% chance to lower opponent's Special Defense by 1 stage.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage and has a 10% chance to lower the target's Special Defense by 1 stage.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Earth Power is a decent move for specially attacking Pokemon, as it is relatively powerful and has no drawbacks. It provides great additional coverage for Pokemon such as Heatran, or STAB for Pokemon such as Nidoking. However, many of the Pokemon with Earth Power have low Special Attack, such as Claydol, Gliscor, Tyranitar, Mamoswine, and more, or have better coverage options to use, such as Celebi and Shaymin. In addition, many of the Ground-types that receive this move prefer Earthquake, which is backed by a higher Attack stat. Therefore, only a few Pokemon are commonly seen with Earth Power. In any case, Pokemon with Air Balloon intact avoid this move, so be sure to use it with care.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Bug Buzz is a Bug-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Psychic is a Psychic-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Hits Pokemon using Dig with double Base Power.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move hits Pokemon using Dig for double the damage normally done. There are no other effects.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Earthquake is perhaps one of the best offensive moves around, as it has high Base Power, perfect accuracy, and no harmful side-effects. Furthermore, it hits many things hard: only Bug- and Grass-types resist it, and only Flying-types are immune. It complements Dragon-type moves, hitting Steel-types that solely resist the type super effectively. When paired with Stone Edge, it forms the EdgeQuake combo, which attains superb neutral coverage as well. It is not surprising that many Pokemon make use of this move in their arsenal, and most Ground-types that get it have high attack to back it. Not many Pokemon want to face a STAB Earthquake, and it is unwise to leave one's team susceptible to Ground-type moves. This move alone is probably the reason for the widespread use of Air Balloon, which gives a safety net against Earthquake's power, provides a free switch in, and possibly allows a Pokemon to set up while the ground shakes beneath them.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No other moves have a similar effect to Earthquake.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Power increases when used consecutively
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If any team member used this move earlier in the turn or on the previous turn, that power is stacked, to a maximum of 200 Base Power.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Echoed Voice has little competitive use for a few reasons. First, it starts at a paltry 40 Base Power, meaning even with STAB, it will not do much damage. Furthermore, Pokemon with access to this move would rather not use a Normal-type moves: Nidoking prefers elemental coverage moves, Slowbro hardly has a moveslot open, etc. It also requires that the user not switch out and survive whatever comes its way, which is not an easy thing to do in the current metagame.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No other move has the same effect as Echoed Voice.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
No additional effect.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move inflicts regular damage with no added effects.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Aside from Smeargle, five Pokemon get this move: Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Chansey, Blissey, and Mew. Exeggcute and Exeggutor generally don't attack with physical moves, Chansey and Blissey don't attack in general, and Mew has many better moves to use. Therefore, this move has little competitive value.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>There are many attacking moves with no added effect, each varying in accuracy and power.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Lowers target's Speed stat by 1 stage.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage and has a 100% chance to lower the target's Speed by one stage.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>The distribution of this move is very poor, and the only user of note is Galvantula. However, Galvantula is already very fast, prefers to use a more powerful Thunder, and hardly benefits from lowering the opponent's Speed by one stage. Thus, there is little reason to use this move.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>String Shot lowers the target's Speed by 1 stage but does not deal damage.</p>
<p>Low Sweep lowers the target's Speed by 1 stage and is both stronger and more accurate.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Item use is prevented for five turns.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>The target cannot use its held item for five turns. The effect ends if the target leaves the field. If a Pokemon under this effect uses Bug Bite or Pluck and obtains a Berry, the Berry is destroyed, but the effects are not given to the user of the move. If a Pokemon under this effect tries to use Fling, it will fail. This effect can be passed by Baton Pass.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Embargo may seem useful, but in reality it has little competitive bearing. First of all, the target can simply switch, nullifying its effect. Secondly, the user is required to give up a moveslot for this unreliable move, and often it cannot spare a filler move. Lastly, simply dishing out damage will incapacitate the target quicker than nullifying its item, and thus this move should not be used.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>There are no moves similar to Embargo.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
10% chance to burn.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>The move inflicts damage and has a 10% chance to burn the target.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Ember is a rather useless move competitively: it sits at 40 Base Power, which means there is no reason it use it over Flamethower or Fire Blast, both of which also have a 10% chance to burn the target and are more powerful. Most, if not all, Pokemon that get Ember also have Flamethrower or Fire Blast.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Fire Punch is a more powerful physical variant of this move.</p>
<p>Flamethrower is a more powerful variant of this move.</p>
<p>Fire Blast is a more powerful variant of this move but has lower accuracy.</p>
<p>Heat Wave is a more powerful variant of the move, but has lower accuracy.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Causes the target to repeat its last move for 3 turns.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If the user moves after the target, the target repeats the last move it used for 3 turns. If the user moves before the target, the target repeats the last move it used for 2 turns. The effect ends when the target switches out.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Encore is a great move since it can cripple an opponent for 3 turns. By locking it into a useless move, one of your own team members can set up safely or finish it off. Furthermore, Encore forces switches, so it is very useful for a stall team. One notable user is Whimsicott with Prankster, as the opponent will not be able to change moves once the cotton ball switches in. Another is Wobbuffet, since its Shadow Tag ability prevents the opponent from switching, even if it knows Encore is coming. Beware of sticking this move on any Pokemon; not every Pokemon can use Encore to its greatest effect.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No moves have a similar effect as Encore.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Lowers target's HP to the user's HP.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move inflicts damage to lower the target's HP to the user's HP. It fails if the target's HP is lower than the user's. Ghost-types are still immune, but resistances are not applied.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Endeavor is an interesting move, bordering gimmick and competitive. It is an unreliable way to deal damage, because in order for it to work effectively one must be at low HP. Since such a situation is generally unfavorable, many strategies around Endeavor have evolved. The most common is F.E.A.R., where a level 1 Pokemon is equipped with a Focus Sash. As the opponent attacks, the F.E.A.R. Pokemon uses Endeavor to bring the opponent down to 1 HP. The user then follows up with a priority move, dealing exactly one damage and KOing the opponent. However, this strategy is seriously weak to hazards, among other things. Other ways to use Endeavor are with Magic Guard Pokemon, which are not affected by hazards. Another is with Sturdy and Shell Bell: the damage dealt by Endeavor will restore Sturdy.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No other moves are similar to Endeavor.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
The user always survives with at least 1 HP.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move acts as a Focus Sash for the turn it is used, except the user can be at any HP and it will still function. It has a priority level of 4 and uses the same timer as Protect / Detect / Quick Guard / Wide Guard, so it can fail if used successively or with one of those moves. It will not be selected by Assist or Metronome.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>While Endure may seem interesting, it has little competitive bearing. After all, what can a Pokemon do at 1 HP? Most Pokemon with Endure do not have the Speed to guarantee an Endeavor will hit. Furthermore, the prevalence of sandstorm makes 1 HP essentially the same as 0 HP. One is better off dealing damage or setting up then using Endure.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No other moves have the same effect as Endure.</p>

Remember guys to not copy over the Description sections, only the CU and Related Moves sections.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage and has a 10% chance to lower the target's Special Defense by 1 stage.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Earth Power is a decent move for specially attacking Pokemon, as it is relatively powerful and has no drawbacks. It provides great additional coverage for Pokemon such as Heatran, or STAB for Pokemon such as Nidoking. However, many of the Pokemon with Earth Power have low Special Attack, such as Claydol, Gliscor, Tyranitar, Mamoswine, and more, or have better coverage options to use, such as Celebi and Shaymin. In addition, many of the Ground-types that receive this move prefer Earthquake, which is backed by a higher Attack stat. Therefore, only a few Pokemon are commonly seen with Earth Power. In any case, Pokemon with Air Balloon intact avoid this move, so be sure to use it with care.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Bug Buzz is a Bug-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Psychic is a Psychic-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Hits Pokemon using Dig with double Base Power.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move hits Pokemon using Dig for double the damage normally done. There are no other effects.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Earthquake is perhaps one of the best offensive moves around, as it has high Base Power, perfect accuracy, and no harmful side-effects. Furthermore, it hits many things hard: only Bug- and Grass-types resist it, and only Flying-types are immune. It complements Dragon-type moves, hitting Steel-types that solely resist the type super effectively. When paired with Stone Edge, it forms the EdgeQuake combo, which attains superb neutral coverage as well. It is not surprising that many Pokemon make use of this move in their arsenal, and most Ground-types that get it have high attack to back it. Not many Pokemon want to face a STAB Earthquake, and it is unwise to leave one's team susceptible to Ground-type moves. This move alone is probably the reason for the widespread use of Air Balloon, which gives a safety net against Earthquake's power, provides a free switch in, and possibly allows a Pokemon to set up while the ground shakes beneath them.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No other moves have a similar effect to Earthquake.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Power increases when used consecutively
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If any team member used this move earlier in the turn or on the previous turn, that power is stacked, to a maximum of 200 Base Power.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Echoed Voice has little competitive use for a few reasons. First, it starts at a paltry 40 Base Power, meaning even with STAB, it will not do much damage. Furthermore, Pokemon with access to this move would rather not use a Normal-type moves: Nidoking prefers elemental coverage moves, Slowbro hardly has a moveslot open, etc. It also requires that the user not switch out and survive whatever comes its way, which is not an easy thing to do in the current metagame.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No other move has the same effect as Echoed Voice.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
No additional effect.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move inflicts regular damage with no added effects.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Aside from Smeargle, five Pokemon get this move: Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Chansey, Blissey, and Mew. Exeggcute and Exeggutor generally don't attack with physical moves, Chansey and Blissey don't attack in general, and Mew has many better moves to use. Therefore, this move has little competitive value.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>There are many attacking moves with no added effect, each varying in accuracy and power.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Lowers target's Speed stat by 1 stage.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage and has a 100% chance to lower the target's Speed by one stage.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>The distribution of this move is very poor, and the only user of note is Galvantula. However, Galvantula is already very fast, prefers to use a more powerful Thunder, and hardly benefits from lowering the opponent's Speed by one stage. Thus, there is little reason to use this move.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>String Shot lowers the target's Speed by 1 stage but does not deal damage.</p>
<p>Low Sweep lowers the target's Speed by 1 stage and is both stronger and more accurate.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Item use is prevented for five turns.

[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>The target cannot use its held item for five turns. The effect ends if the target leaves the field. If a Pokemon under this effect uses Bug Bite or Pluck and obtains a Berry, the Berry is destroyed, but the effects are not given to the user of the move. If a Pokemon under this effect tries to use Fling, it will fail. This effect can be passed by Baton Pass.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Embargo may seem useful, but in reality it has little competitive bearing. First of all, the target can simply switch, nullifying its effect. Secondly, the user is required to give up a moveslot for this unreliable move, and often it cannot spare a filler move. Lastly, simply dishing out damage will incapacitate the target quicker than nullifying its item, and thus this move should not be used.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>There are no moves similar to Embargo.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
10% chance to burn.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>The move inflicts damage and has a 10% chance to burn the target.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Ember is a rather useless move competitively: it sits at 40 Base Power, which means there is no reason it use it over Flamethower or Fire Blast, both of which also have a 10% chance to burn the target and are more powerful. Most, if not all, Pokemon that get Ember also have Flamethrower or Fire Blast.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Fire Punch is a more powerful physical variant of this move.</p>
<p>Flamethrower is a more powerful variant of this move.</p>
<p>Fire Blast is a more powerful variant of this move but has lower accuracy.</p>
<p>Heat Wave is a more powerful variant of the move, but has lower accuracy.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Causes the target to repeat its last move for 3 turns.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If the user moves after the target, the target repeats the last move it used for 3 turns. If the user moves before the target, the target repeats the last move it used for 2 turns. The effect ends when the target switches out.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Encore is a great move since it can cripple an opponent for 3 turns. By locking it into a useless move, one of your own team members can set up safely or finish it off. Furthermore, Encore forces switches, so it is very useful for a stall team. One notable user is Whimsicott with Prankster, as the opponent will not be able to change moves once the cotton ball switches in. Another is Wobbuffet, since its Shadow Tag ability prevents the opponent from switching, even if it knows Encore is coming. Beware of sticking this move on any Pokemon; not every Pokemon can use Encore to its greatest effect.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No moves have a similar effect as Encore.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Lowers target's HP to the user's HP.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move inflicts damage to lower the target's HP to the user's HP. It fails if the target's HP is lower than the user's. Ghost-types are still immune, but resistances are not applied.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Endeavor is an interesting move, bordering gimmick and competitive. It is an unreliable way to deal damage, because in order for it to work effectively one must be at low HP. Since such a situation is generally unfavorable, many strategies around Endeavor have evolved. The most common is F.E.A.R., where a level 1 Pokemon is equipped with a Focus Sash. As the opponent attacks, the F.E.A.R. Pokemon uses Endeavor to bring the opponent down to 1 HP. The user then follows up with a priority move, dealing exactly one damage and KOing the opponent. However, this strategy is seriously weak to hazards, among other things. Other ways to use Endeavor are with Magic Guard Pokemon, which are not affected by hazards. Another is with Sturdy and Shell Bell: the damage dealt by Endeavor will restore Sturdy.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No other moves are similar to Endeavor.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
The user always survives with at least 1 HP.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move acts as a Focus Sash for the turn it is used, except the user can be at any HP and it will still function. It has a priority level of 4 and uses the same timer as Protect / Detect / Quick Guard / Wide Guard, so it can fail if used successively or with one of those moves. It will not be selected by Assist or Metronome.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>While Endure may seem interesting, it has little competitive bearing. After all, what can a Pokemon do at 1 HP? Most Pokemon with Endure do not have the Speed to guarantee an Endeavor will hit. Furthermore, the prevalence of sandstorm makes 1 HP essentially the same as 0 HP. One is better off dealing damage or setting up then using Endure.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No other moves have the same effect as Endure.</p>

Remember guys to not copy over the Description sections, only the CU and Related Moves sections.
Got these.

EDIT:

Done. Nothing to note really, just changed the CU and Related Moves sections accordingly.

Oglemi

Borf
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
Reduces Defense EVs by 10. Increases happiness.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item will increase the happiness of a Pokemon but decrease their Defense EVs by 10. Natural Gift becomes a 70 Base Power Poison-type attack when the user holds this Berry, but the Berry is consumed after use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
A Ball used to catch Pokemon that is more effective when used early in the battle.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This Ball has a capture rate of 4 if thrown at a wild Pokemon within the first five turns of the battle. After every five turns, the capture rate decreases by 1, to a minimum of 1 (which is equivalent to a normal Pokeball).</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Castelia City.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Gives the user a 20% chance to go first.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item gives the holder a 20% chance to go first, assuming that both Pokemon are using moves with the same priority. Quick Claw's activation ignores the effects of Trick Room.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>The best users of Quick Claw would be Pokemon who have a very low base Speed, such as Snorlax, Reuniclus, and Escavalier. For these Pokemon, Quick Claw is a much better option over Choice Scarf, as they are so slow that Choice Scarf will not help them out much. However, many players use Trick Room to abuse these Pokemon's low Speed. Thus, on Trick Room teams, these Pokemon do not need to use Quick Claw. In addition, Quick Claw only has a 20% chance of working, making it unreliable in most situations.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Skyarrow Bridge.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Doubles Ditto's Speed.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Doubles Ditto's Speed. If Ditto uses Transform, then the boost is lost.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>At first, being able to Transform into the foe first is vital for Ditto, since its miserable defenses cannot withstand even the slightest of attacks. However, since this boost is lost once Ditto transforms, Quick Powder is rather useless. Ditto should plan on using items such as Metal Powder or Focus Sash.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Found on wild Ditto (50% chance).</p>

[SHORT DESC]

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>No use. Unobtainable in BW.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>This item cannot be obtained in Pokemon Black/White.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Removes all status effects from one Pokemon. Awakens Zen Mode Darmanitan in Desert Resort.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Removes all status effects from one Pokemon. Awakens Zen Mode Darmanitan in Desert Resort.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Desert Resort (from Professor Juniper), Icirrus City (winter), and Castelia City (Royal Unova Gift).</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold for 5,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Can be sold for 5,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Wild Dwebble and Crustle (1% chance).</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises a Pokemon's level by one.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Raises a Pokemon's level by one.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 2, Route 13, Route 16, Nimbasa City, Mistralton Cave, Chargestone Cave, Icirrus City (winter), Anvil Town, Victory Road, Abundant Shrine, Lostlorn Forest, N's Castle, Castelia City (Royal Unova).</p>

<p>Found in the following places with a Dowsing Machine: Route 3, Pinwheel Forest, Desert Region, Twist Mountain.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Cures burn. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Cures burn. One-time use. Natural Gift becomes a 60 Base Power Grass-type attack when the user holds this Berry, but the Berry is consumed after use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>The Rawst Berry isn't that great an item. Burn is a nasty status and can grind a sweeper to a halt with ease, but if your Pokemon happens to be paralyzed or poisoned, then this item goes to waste. Typically Lum Berry is favored as it enables the Pokemon to recover from any status once, not just burn, which is more beneficial to those susceptible to it.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Castelia City and Desert Resort.</p>
<p>Wild Vulpix, Ninetales, Growlithe, Arcanine, Numel, and Camerupt (100%).</p>
<p>Wild Darumaka and Darmanitan (50%).</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Raises critical hit rate one stage. Evolves Sneasel into Weavile.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Raises critical hit ratio of the holder by one stage. Evolves Sneasel into Weavile.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>The only Pokemon who may find Razor Claw (and other similar items useful) are those with the Super Luck ability. With a Razor Claw equipped, these Pokemon effectively have a two-stage critical hit ratio. Pokemon with the Sniper ability, such as Kingdra or Octillery, may also find Razor Claw useful because any critical hits from those two will deal three times the normal amount of damage instead of two. However, all of these Pokemon may find other items more useful.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Gear Station.</p>
<p>Route 13 and the Battle Subway.</p>

[SHORT DESC]

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>No use. Unobtainable in BW.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>This item cannot be obtained in Pokemon Black/White.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Evolves Dusclops into Dusknoir.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Evolves Dusclops into Dusknoir if held during a trade.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 13 and Route 14.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
The opponent is forced out immediately if they attack the holder. One-time use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>The opponent is forced out immediately if they attack the holder. The holder of this item will still take damage from the attack. One-use.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Because it is a one-use item, Red Card is not very useful in a competitive battle. However, it can still be marginally useful as a last-resort method on stall teams. Being able to phaze out the opponent without using a move not only racks up entry hazard damage on the foe, it can also be a life saver by forcing dangerous sweepers and wallbreakers out, allowing the stall player to gain some momentum. Red Card is also a nice item for Pokemon with the Sturdy ability, such as Skarmory and Forretress. At full health, these two Pokemon will never be KOed by an attack, and can proceed to set up Spikes or Stealth Rock while simultaneously phazing away the foe within one turn. However, most of the Pokemon mentioned would prefer to use Leftovers instead of Red Card, since Leftovers allow them to gain health over time.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Gear station.</p>
<p>Battle Subway.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Cures infatuation. Does not disappear after use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Cures infatuation. This item has an unlimited amount of uses.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 13.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
No use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This item has no function whatsoever in Pokemon Black/White.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Black City.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold to maniac in Undella Town for 100,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Can be sold to a maniac in Undella Town for 100,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Abyssal Ruins.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold to maniac in Undella Town for 2,500 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Can be sold to a maniac in Undella Town for 2,500 Poké Dollars. No other use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Abyssal Ruins.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold to maniac in Undella Town for 300,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Can be sold to a maniac in Undella Town for 300,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Abyssal Ruins.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold to maniac in Undella Town for 10,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Can be sold to a maniac in Undella Town for 10,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Abyssal Ruins.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold to maniac in Undella Town for 5,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Can be sold to a maniac in Undella Town for 5,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Abyssal Ruins.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold to maniac in Undella Town for 200,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Can be sold to a maniac in Undella Town for 200,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Abyssal Ruins.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Can be sold to maniac in Undella Town for 5,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Can be sold to a maniac in Undella Town for 5,000 Poké Dollars. No other use.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Abyssal Ruins.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
A Ball used to catch Pokemon that is more effective against Pokemon already in the Pokédex.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This Ball will have a capture rate of 3 against a Pokemon already listed in the Pokedex. If Repeat Ball is used on a Pokemon that is not listed, then it will have a capture rate of 1 instead.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Driftveil City.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Prevents you from encountering weaker wild Pokemon for 100 steps.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Prevents wild Pokemon will a level lower than the first Pokemon in your party from challenging you. Repel's effect will wear away after 100 step.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 3, Dreamyard, Mistralton City (with Dowsing Machine).</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Immune to Trick.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>The holder of this item is immune to Trick. This item has a stationary design and allows you to send messages to other players.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Mail items such as this one are appreciated by Pokemon who heavily rely on their items. Chansey and Blissey are a good example, as they are a prime target for TrickScarf Pokemon. However, most of these Pokemon desperately need Leftovers or Eviolite due to the recovery of health and increase in Defense and Special Defense, respectively.</p>

<h2>Location</h2>
<p>Route 9, Accumula Town, Striaton City, Nacrene City, Castelia City, Driftveil City, Opelucid City, Lacunosa Town, Undella Town, Black City, White Forest.</p>

^ k ganna start uploading these now

Edit: done with one note:

Relic Vase: the [SHORT DESC] said 50,000 and the [LONG DESC] said 5,000 lol. Every outside source I found said 50,000 so that's what I went with!

Also, I'd like to bring up Lax Incense's CU section again since it hasn't been edited and I wasn't very specific in describing the problem in my previous post. For reference, the CU currently onsite is:

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Lax Incense is outclassed by BrightPowder. It may be used in tiers where BrightPowder is banned, but the extra 5% evasion is not worth it.</p>
The problem is that, to my knowledge, there isn't a tier where one is banned but the other isn't. They're both banned in singles and they're both legal in VGC. I think this needs a rewrite, and I'm currently thinking something like:

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Lax Incense cannot be used in singles competitive play due to Evasion Clause. It is legal in VGC but outclassed by BrightPowder, which gives a 10% boost to evasion.</p>

Thoughts?

Oglemi

Borf
I'm basically rewriting these, so uploaders, please re-read over them before putting them onsite.

Also remember to not edit the move descriptions.

[SHORT DESC]
Boosts user’s Special Attack by 2 stages.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move boosts the user’s Special Attack by 2 stages. No other effect. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Nasty Plot is one of the best moves for a set up special attacking sweeper. Despite not being a TM it still has reasonably distribution, thus is a commonly seen move in most competitive matches, from Ubers to NU, there is always a good abuser. In Ubers Darkrai is the most common thanks to its incredibly high Special Attack, Speed, typing, and movepool, not to mention its access to Dark Void. In OU Lucario is a prominent user thanks to its fantastic typing, Speed, and movepool, as well as the surprise factor that comes with it as Swords Dance Lucario is more common. The lower tiers have many abusers of Nasty Plot, including Azelf, Mismagius, Togekiss, and Houndoom for UU; Slowking, Cofagrigus, and Jynx for RU; and Raichu, Beheeyem, and Simipour in NU. It's a move that most special attackers would die for.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Tail Glow boosts the user's Special Attack 3 stages instead of 2.</p>
<p>Sword Dance is a Normal-type equivalent but raises Attack instead.</p>
<p>Calm Mind boosts the user's Special Attack and Special Defense by 1 stage each.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>There isn't much reason to use Natural Gift competitively. It has bad distribution, and the fact that the use of the move consumes the held Berry after usage and the relatively low Base Power of the created move are enough to condemn it to disuse. Not to mention that most times the extra coverage move provided by Natural Gift can be provided by the appropriate Hidden Power type. There are better, more well-distributed options that let your Pokemon keep their held item, and those should be the first choices in a competitive environment.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>A unique and very interesting move, Natural Power has a ton of potential in Wi-Fi battles and in the simulators, complimenting the movepool of several Pokemon that enjoy an Earthquake clone in their arsenal (and don't have access to the real one obviously). Unfortunately, the poor distribution shatters the dreams of many. A shame, indeed. That said, the only common Pokemon that can really make use of Natural Power are Shiftry and Sawsbuck, who enjoy the complimenting coverage that a powerful Ground-type move provides alongside their STAB Grass-type options. Most other Pokemon with access to this move either also have access to Earthquake or have no reason whatsoever to use this attack.</p>

<p>An interesting quirk to note about the move is that it bypasses the effect of Sucker Punch, which can make late-game sweeping with the aforementioned Pokemon easier if that's your opponents last form of priority.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
30% chance to flinch the opponent.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage, with a 30% chance to flinch the opponent. No other effect. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>There is almost no reason to use Needle Arm competitively, as it's outclassed by more powerful Grass-type moves, and despite a decent chance to flinch the opponent, this alone is not enough reason to use it instead of another more powerful options like Seed Bomb or Leaf Blade. So there is no recommend situation for using this move.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Bite is a Dark-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Force Palm is a Fighting-type equivalent that also has a 30% chance to induce paralysis.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
40% chance to lower opponent’s accuracy by 1 stage.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage and has a 40% chance to lower opponent’s accuracy. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Night Daze is an exclusive move to the Zoroark line. It's a decent STAB choice with reasonable Base Power and good (albeit not perfect) accuracy. Its added effect to lower the opponent's accuracy is just icing on the cake. When added with a Fighting-type attack such as Focus Blast it gives Zoroark almost perfect neutral coverage on the whole UU tier. However, should the imperfect accuracy be seen as a detriment, Dark Pulse is usually chosen as the safer option, especially if the slightly higher Base Power is not needed.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Dark Pulse is a similar move with perfect accuracy, slightly lower Base Power, and a 20% chance to flinch.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Does damage to the opponent’s HP equal to the user’s level.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move does fixed damage. The amount dealt is equal to the user’s level.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>At first it looks like Night Shade just doesn't hit hard enough, considering most competitive matches are played at level 100. However, a closer look shows that it has a specific niche, the fact that it does fixed damage means that it will bypass any defensive boost that the opponent may have garnered and will hit for the same amount of damage regardless of resistances (it won't bypass immunities, though). All of these are great news for most walls since they usually don't have the necessary power to break through defensive cores. The 100 fix damage also means that they will break the majority of the Substitutes, thus those walls will not become an invitation for set-up sweepers or Taunt users that are looking for a free turn. With all that in mind the most prominent users are Dusclops, Chansey, and Deoxys-D as they have pitiful offenses and can't make use of any other offensive move option to deal damage.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Seismic Toss is a Fighting-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Has a high critical hit rate.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage with a increased chance to land a critical hit.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Night Slash is a good move with perfect accuracy, decent Base Power, and good distribution. It's just unfortunately outclassed by Crunch, which has a higher Base Power and comes with the added chance to lower the foe's Defense, which is great for a physical move. Nevertheless, Night Slash is still a great STAB option for those Pokemon incapable of learning Crunch or non-Dark-types that need a reliable Dark-type move for coverage. When paired with a Fighting-type move such as Close Combat or Superpower the user will have near perfect neutral coverage, the combo being only resisted by Heracross and Toxicroak. The most common users of Night Slash are Absol, Bisharp, and Weavile, which use Night Slash as their main STAB move.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Crunch is a slightly more powerful option that also reduces the foe's Defense.</p>
<p>Cross Poison is a Poison-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Psycho Cut is a Psychic-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Shadow Claw is a Ghost-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Slash is a Normal-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Does 1/4 of the target’s max HP per turn to a sleeping target.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move does 1/4 of the target’s max HP per turn. However, it only works if the foe is asleep. Magic Guard users are immune to it. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Nightmare is not a common sight in competitive matches for several reasons. Firstly, it has poor distribution with no real abusers, and secondly, it only works if the foe is asleep, with the effect wearing off if the opponent switches out. Sleep is such a powerful status condition that instead of reserving an entire moveslot for it you're better off using the free turns that the sleep provides trying to set up a sweep or outright attacking.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
The user always attacks first.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move does damage with a increased +1 priority.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Unfortunately for Vacuum Wave, it's one of the least used priority moves because it's a special based Fighting-type attack instead of a physical based attack. This means that the majority of Pokemon that get STAB on the move normally have a much higher base Attack stat than a Special Attack stat, and would thusly prefer Mach Punch to Vacuum Wave. However, there are a couple of users of the move in OU that make good use it, namely Toxicroak and Lucario. However the special attacking variants of these Pokemon are still rarely seen, with both also having access to Swords Dance, and the latter also having Mach Punch. Swords Dance more complements their other attacks than Nasty Plot and Vacuum Wave do, relegating Vacuum Wave to relative obscurity.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Aqua Jet is a Water-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Bullet Punch is a Steel-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Ice shard is an Ice-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Mach Punch is a Fighting-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Shadow Sneak is a Ghost-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Quick Attack is a Normal-type equivalent. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Lowers user’s Defense, Special Defense and Speed by 1 stage.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move does damage and it lowers the user’s Defense, Special Defense and Speed by 1 stage after usage. It also damage allies in the user’s side of double or triple battles.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>The literal V of victory. After the 14th movie event that couldn't be more true. V-create is a 180 Base Power attack, being the most powerful Fire-type move in the entire game. The attack will lower the user's stats, but honestly the damage output is more than enough to compensate. Victini is the sole user and his place in the UU tier shows how good the move really is; he was once overshadowed by other more powerful options and this move alone changed everything. Now the little rodent has a move that leaves even Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire with envy. This attack is so obscenely powerful that even if you don't invest EVs to the Attack stat it still hits incredible hard thanks to the impressive Base Power and Victini's 100 base stats across the board. When facing Victini, always expect the big V of victory to show up sooner or later and be prepared, because one small mistake and it can open holes in an entire team, often deciding the match.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Power doubles if the target is poisoned.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move does damage. If the opponent is poisoned it’s power will double.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Venoshock is an extremely situational move; it only has a reasonable Base Power as long as the opponent is poisoned. The problem is you need to make a team around it, meaning it's typically not the best of the ideas. In order to make it work Toxic Spikes needs to be on the opposing side of the field in order to reliably poison a majority of the opposing team's Pokemon. Too much work, too little results. If you are looking for a STAB Poison move to abuse there are better options.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Hex is a Ghost-type equivalent that doubles power with any status ailment.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
No additional effect.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move does damage. No other effect.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>No. Just no. Use Return instead for a physical Normal-type attack.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Ignores accuracy modifiers.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move does damage, it will always work without failing ignoring evasion and accuracy modifiers.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Vital Throw would be a decent move that would be see some use if it Smogon didn't apply the Evasion Clause. Since moves that raise evasion are forbidden in this competitive scene this attack has no reason to be used. Theoretically, if you are concerned about Sand Veil or Snow Cloak abusers this move could come in handy, but even then moves with greater Base Power are more reliable options.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Aerial Ace is a Flying-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Faint Attack is a Dark-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Magical Leaf is a Grass-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Magnet Bomb is a Steel-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Shadow Punch is a Ghost-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Shock Wave is a Electric-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Swift is a Normal-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Attacks, then switches. Does not switch if the move is used on a Ground-type.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move does damage. After it successfully hits it will force the user out, unless the opponent is a Ground-type or has an ability that makes it immune to Electric moves. If the user is faster and after using this move the opponent uses Pursuit at the same turn, Pursuit will do double damage. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Volt Switch is part of a unique category of moves; after it does damage it will force the user out. Thus it shouldn't be used as a main STAB option, thanks to the added effect its not a sweeping move. However, it serves an entirely different purpose: to gain you and your team offensive or defensive momentum in a battle. A large degree of prediction needs to be employed for this move to work at the fullest extent. If used at the same time that the opponent switches it will only work after the opponent's Pokemon is already out, so the user can act accordingly and bring a more favorable match-up. It's also worth noting that a Pokemon brought out by the Volt Switch will enter the battle unscathed should your opponent switch on the turn its used, or if the user of Volt Switch moves after your opponent.</p>

<p>Choice-wielding Pokemon are some of the prominent users of Volt Switch, since they need to predict correctly a lot by nature, and so having an easy way out to a more appropriate teammate can help the team astronomically. Volt Switch is one of the main reasons why Rotom-W is one of the most dangerous Pokemon in the OU metagame and one of the most used Pokemon. It receives STAB on the move, and doesn't have to worry too much about Ground-types switching in to absorb the move due to its STAB Hydro Pump. With Volt Switch Rotom-W is constantly able to stay one step ahead of your opponent.</p>

<p>Volt Switch, together with U-turn, have become such a force on the metagame that whole teams are based around the moves, going by the term VoltTurn teams. The basic premise behind the teams is to have every member know one of the moves, which gives them a way to always have a safe switch out of the opponent in order to gain momentum. The whole time that the team spends switching, damage slowly but surely begins to build on the opponent, which can be increased ten-fold with the addition of entry hazards and sandstorm or hail damage.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>U-turn is a Bug-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
10% chance to paralyze opponent. Has 1/3 recoil.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage, and the user receives recoil damage equal to 1/3 of the damage dealt, rounded down. It also has a 10% chance to paralyze. In doubles or triples battles it may affect any adjacent Pokemon. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Volt Tackle is an exclusive move of the Raichu line. It's one of the most powerful Electric moves available. However, most of the users have miserably Attack so you won't see it much in competitive matches. Nevertheless, Pikachu can somewhat make use of the move when combined with Light Ball, as it gives Pikachu an incredibly strong physical STAB option to use alongside a possible SubPunch set. However, even then it's rarely seen as Pikachu would more commonly make use of Encore, Substitute, and Nasty Plot in order to deal damage. The insane recoil also makes the move unappealing on a Pokemon with such low HP.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Brave Bird is a Flying-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Double-Edge is a Normal-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Flare Blitz is a Fire-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Wood Hammer is a Grass-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Head Charge is a Normal-type variant that deals less recoil damage to the user.</p>

I'm basically rewriting these, so uploaders, please re-read over them before putting them onsite.

Also remember to not edit the move descriptions.

Stuff
I'll take these ones on!

Edit: Done. Wow, that was actually really easy; none of the moves listed had competitive use sections at all. No concerns this time around.

Edit #2: Okay, I suppose I'm up for the V-moves as well. Particularly enjoyed Vicegrip's description.

Edit #3: Done with those and the two M moves below too.

Oglemi

Borf
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
Boosts user's evasion by 2 stages.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>The move raises the user's evasion by two stages. Stomp and Steamroller will have double power.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Since the Evasion Clause exists in competitive play, Minimize has no use. However, without any clauses, this move practically ensures that your Pokemon is not hit and is considered broken.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Double Team raises the user's evasion by 1 stage.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Nullifies evasion. Allows user's Psychic-type moves to hit Dark-types.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>The target's evasion modifier is reset to stage 0 and prevents further boosting. A Dark-type Pokemon will take normal damage from Psychic-type moves. This move cannot miss.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Since moves that raise the user's evasion are banned, this move has little use. Offensive Psychic-types generally have a Fighting-type move for coverage, so Dark-types are not a problem to the point to where the Psychic-type absolutely needs to hit the Dark-type with its STAB Psychic-type moves. Defensive Psychic-types are too weak anyway to make use of this move and are better off just switching out.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Lock On ensures the next move used by the user will hit.</p>
<p>Foresight ensures that Normal-type attacks can hit Ghost-types.</p>
<p>Odor Sleuth ensures that Normal-type attacks can hit Ghost-types.</p>

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[SHORT DESC]
Nullifies the foe's ability.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move will nullify the target's ability as long as it hits. However, it will have no effect on Arceus. It will not negate abilities that take effect before the start of the turn, such as Drizzle, Sand Stream, or Intimidate; they will activate before the attack can be used. If it hits a Pokemon using the Illusion ability the illusion will immediately fade away. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Gastro Acid is not a common sight in competitive matches, even though the effect can be really useful to keep in check Pokemon that depend solely on their abilities to be threats. If you need a way to negate the foe's ability, Mold Breaker is typically superior despite less distribution as it does not require both a slot and a turn to work.</p>

<p>Theoretically, in doubles or triples battles if you pair it with a Pokemon that the only neutering thing is his own ability (such as Truant for Slaking), then it would be a decent strategy. On the other hand, it's one-time-use and requires the surprise factor to work.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No related moves. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Hits two times in one turn.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move hits two times on the same turn with no other effect. As for contact abilities, every hit has an individual chance to active it, and each hit also has the chance to be a critical hit. The first hit will activate the foe's Focus Sash, Focus Band or Sturdy, and the subsequent hit may KO the target.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Klinklang is the sole user of this move, and as it is the only physical STAB option for it to use, all of its physical sets should use it. It can be useful to break Substitutes or bypass the protecting effects of Focus Sash and Sturdy. However, a superior movepool for Klinklang would render this move useless.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Double Hit is a similar Normal-type move.</p>
<p>Double Kick is a similar Fighting-type move.</p>
<p>Dual Chop is a similar Dragon-type move.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Leeches 50% of the damage dealt.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Adds 50% of the damage dealt to the user's HP, rounded down. This move has no other effect. If this move breaks a Substitute, no HP will be restored. If the target has the ability Liquid Ooze, no HP will be restored and the user will take damage instead.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Giga Drain got a power boost this Generation and now has a usable 75 Base Power; for that reason it became more well known on lots of Grass-types that enjoy the massive recovery that it can now provide. From defensive Pokemon to offensive sets, this move became a staple thanks to the additional survivability it gives. A honorable mention goes to Celebi; thanks to great natural bulk and expansive movepool, the forest pixie makes good use of this move regardless of whether it's running an offensive or defensive set.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Drain Punch is a physical Fighting-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Horn Leech is a physical Grass-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Lowers target's Speed by one stage.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage and always lowers target's Speed by one stage.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This is the signature move of Kyurem, but the frozen dragon probably hoped for something better. It's weak enough for the side effect to be almost neglected by the majority of competitive players. Finally, remember that the last piece of the Tao trio can make better use of his brilliant offensive stats using the much more powerful Ice Beam or Blizzard. </p>

<p>However, if you want to employ the surprise factor (and your predictions skills are accurate) this move can be useful. The idea is to use Kyurem as a bait to their counters; use Glaciate on an obvious switch and proceed to make use of Kyurem's adequate coverage options while the opponent has reduced Speed.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Icy Wind is a weaker variant. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Paralyzes the target.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move will paralyze the target. It won't work if the target has the Limber ability. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Glare is a move that will reliably paralyze almost any Pokemon. It also got an accuracy boost in BW, making it even more reliable. However, thanks to the poor distribution it still won't be seen much. Dunsparce can now use it to reliably paralyze his targets as an option instead of Thunder Wave, hitting Ground-types as a bonus. Druddigon can somewhat use this too, crippling faster threats so it won't have to rely on Trick Room to outspeed its counters. Apart from these rare cases, it will not be seen regularly in the competitive environment.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Thunder Wave is an Electric-type equivalent, but Ground-types and Pokemon immune to Electric moves are unaffected.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Deals damage based on the foe's weight.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage where the Base Power varies with the target’s weight.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Grass Knot was once a staple on most Grass-types in OU thanks to common heavy weights that shared a Grass-type weakness such as Tyranitar, Suicune, and many others. The variable power often presented problems, so more reliable options were still used. Today, the move is less common due to the ubiquitous Ferrothorn (who has a 4x resistance to Grass-type attacks) and Rotom-W, the most common Water-type, taking negligible damage from it. For those reasons, Energy Ball and Giga Drain are favored due to their consistency in normal situations. Nevertheless, it's still a good option while sandstorm is in play to hit Tyranitar and Terrakion through the Special Defense boost.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Low Kick is a physical Fighting-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Puts the target to sleep.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move will put the target to sleep if it hits, unless the target has the Vital Spirit or Insomnia abilities.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>GrassWhistle is unreliable due to poor distribution and accuracy. Most prominent users also have access to the much more reliable Sleep Powder, anyways. All things considered it's clear that Grasswhistle is completely outclassed.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Sing is a Normal-type clone. </p>
<p>Sleep Powder and Lovely Kiss are variants but with 75% accuracy each.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
For 5 turns, prevents flying or jumping; also disables Ground immunities.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move will summon intense gravity for 5 turns, counting the turn it was used as the first one. While in effect, it will cancel and prevent the use of all moves that make the user or the target float or are airbone by any reason. These moves are: Bounce, Fly, Splash, Sky Drop, Jump Kick, Hi Jump Kick, Magnet Rise, and Telekinesis. </p>

<p>It will also nullify any Ground-type immunity obtained through the Flying-type, Levitate ability or if it's holding an Air-Balloon. For these reasons, said Pokemon become susceptible to Spikes, Toxic-Spikes and the Arena Trap ability as well.</p>

<p>Finally, it will decrease the Evasion of all Pokemon in the field. In other words, the accuracy of all moves is multiplied by 1.67 while Gravity is in effect. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Gravity is a pretty interesting move that brings lots of different effects for players to abuse. Making a team around Gravity is a legitimate strategy that focuses on either abusing the high powered moves that were once inaccurate or making full use of entry hazards which now damage every single type of Pokemon bar Magic Guard users. Unlike teams centered around Trick Room, Gravity-based teams have the benefit of not changing Pokemon to much; most abusers have the same EV spread and moveslots. This field effect just makes their attacks much more reliable to use. Thus, is more likely that those Pokemon still function well even if Gravity is not in effect.</p>

<p>Since Gravity nullifies Ground immunities, most Pokemon that abuse said moves or gain STAB on it become even more threatening. Take Excadrill as an example; in normal conditions, Pokemon such as Skarmory and Bronzong would be relatively safe to switch in thanks to their immunities. However, in Gravity, both will lose to a now-super effective Earthquake. While Gravity is in effect, Dugtrio can hypothetically trap every Pokemon in the game and also KO with Earthquake if they are weakened enough. Moves that were once inaccurate can also be used as if they had perfect accuracy; a Starmie with Hydro Pump, Blizzard and Thunder is a common sight on Gravity teams.</p>

<p>This strategy is not without its weaknesses; for starters, unlike Light Screen or Reflect, nothing prolongs this field effect. After using Gravity, there are only four turns to abuse it; this situation becomes even worse if you need to switch to another Pokemon, meaning it only gets three turns to make full use of the added effects. Finally, as it is a field effect, your opponents can also benefits from the raised accuracy.</p>

<p>Smogon has an article about this.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>No related moves.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Lowers target’s Attack by one stage.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move will lowers the target's Attack by one stage. No other effect.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Growl is never used competitively, as it requires a moveslot and an attacking turn to take effect which can be troublesome to find. If you theoretically find a free turn, note that the stat is not lowered fast enough to actually be worth using. If for some reason you need to lower opponents attack, there are more reliable moves that do the same job. Alternatively, you can also use a Pokemon with the Intimidate ability.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Charm and FeatherDance are similar, but will lower Attack by 2 stages in a single turn.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Boosts user's Attack and Special Attack by 1 stage.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move boosts the user's Attack and Special Attack by 1 stage. In sunlight, it will boost them by 2 stages each. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Growth became well known thanks to the added effect it received in BW along with Ninetales, the new Drought user. It has become one of the best set up moves for sun abusers, as a single turn allows one to sharply boost the two attacking stats. To put it in perspective, it's the boosts from Sword Dance and Nasty Plot paired together in a single turn. It transforms any Chlorophyll user that has access to this into a wreaking machine capable of overpowering entire teams as long as the sun is shining brightly. Venusaur, Shiftry, and Tangrowth are just a few of the Pokemon that become brilliant mixed sweepers as long these conditions are fulfilled.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Work Up is an identical move in normal weather conditions. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
If the user faints, the foe's attack loses all of its PP.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If the user faints before the user makes a different move, the foe that KOed the user will lose all the PP of the move that was used. If the damage occurs in the end of the turn by hail, sandstorm, Leech Seed, status, Doom Desire, or Future Sight, Grudge will not remove the foe's PP.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Grudge is unheard of competitively as sacrificing a Pokemon merely to drain the opponent's PP is simply not worth it.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Destiny Bond also involves the user fainting to an opponent’s attack, but it will force a KO.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Averages Defense and Special Defense stats of the user with the target.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move averages Defense and Special Defense stats of the user with the target but will not consider any currently held boosts or drops when calculating the average.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>The fact that Guard Split ignores the stats changes of both the user and the target makes it an inferior Guard Swap.</p>

<p>Theoretically, it's supposed to be used by a frail Pokemon on a bulky one. Averaging the Defense and Special Defense would mean boosting the user's own defenses while lowering the opponent’s once bulky stats, making an impassable wall easier to kill. However, most users already sport great defenses regardless (the exceptions are Smeargle and Alakazam), so using this move would be entirely counterproductive.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Power split works identically; however, it averages the Attack and Special Attack stats.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Swaps user's Defense and Special Defense boosts and drops with the opponent.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p> This move swaps Defense and Special Defense stats of the user with the target. No other effect. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Swapping defensive boosts is relatively silly in a metagame where defensive boosting is so uncommon. Even if one hypothetically stole those boosts, the necessary power to break through defensive cores would still be needed.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Power Swap is similar; however, it works with Attack and Special Attack.</p>
<p>Heart Swap is similar; however it works with any stat of the target.</p>
<p>Skill Swap is similar; however, it works with abilities. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Will OHKO the target.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move will OHKO the target. This move bypasses Focus Sashes but not Sturdy.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>None. OHKO moves are banned due to the OHKO clause applied generically to all Smogon battles. It can be used on Random Wifi matches, but note that the poor accuracy can cause a serious problem.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Horn Drill is a clone. </p>
<p>Fissure is a Ground-type equivalent</p>
<p>Sheer Cold is an Ice-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
30% chance to poison opponent.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage and has a 30% chance to poison the target. No other effect.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Not a very used move. Poison isn’t prominent as an offensive type due to having poor super effective coverage; although powerful, this move also has only 70% accuracy. For these reasons Gunk Shot is exceedingly rare. Pokemon such as Arbok or Muk may sport it, as they need any extra power they can get. If in need of a Poison move to abuse, there are more reliable options across the board. </p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Blizzard is a special Ice-type equivalent, and it may induce a freeze.</p>
<p>Fire Blast is a special Fire-type equivalent with higher accuracy, and it may induce a burn.</p>
<p>Focus Blast is a special Fighting-type equivalent, and it may lower the target's Special Defense.</p>
<p>Hydro Pump is a special Water-type equivalent with higher accuracy.</p>
<p>Hurricane is a special Flying-type equivalent, and it may induce confusion.</p>
<p>Thunder is a special Electric-type equivalent, and it may induce paralysis.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Hits Pokemon using Bounce or Fly for double Base Power.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move deals damage. It will hit a Pokemon using Bounce or Fly while in their "invulnerable" turn for double the normal power.</p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Gust is the weakest of all the Flying-type moves. Furthermore, Bounce or Fly aren't common enough to justify its use, and even if they were, it would still be too weak. Thus, it should never be considered as a option for any competitive battle.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Acid is a Poison-type equivalent with a chance to lower Special Defense</p>
<p>Ember is a Fire-type equivalent with a chance to burn.</p>
<p>Mega Drain is a Grass-type equivalent that heals the user.</p>
<p>Powder Snow is an Ice-type equivalent with a chance to freeze. </p>
<p>Thundershock is an Electric-type equivalent with a chance to paralyze.</p>
<p>Twister is a Dragon-type equivalent with a chance to flinch.</p>
<p>Water Gun is a Water-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Does damage based on the foe's Speed and the user's Speed.
[LONG DESC]

<h2>Description</h2>
<p>This move does damage based on user's and foe's Speed stat. The slow the user is compared to the target, the higher the base power. It will rise to a maximum of 150, given by the following formula: 25 * Target's Speed / User's Speed. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Gyro Ball is one of a kind, and is the only move that will deal more damage based on the how big is the difference between the user and the target Speed stat. Thus, it is a clear anti-metagame move that favor slow Pokemon. Unfortunately, the move is Steel-type, giving little in the way of offensive coverage. Pokemon such as Forretress, Bronzong, and Ferrothorn are the best users.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Electro Ball is a somewhat similar move; however, its Base Power is higher if the user's Speed is much higher than the target's, making it the opposite of Gyro Ball.</p>
All done w/ GP and rewriting, ready for uploading I guess

All done w/ GP and rewriting, ready for uploading I guess
I'll get these uploaded

Edit: Done. Concerns below:

• Giga Drain and Growth's on site descriptions were overridden for the one listed here. The one here went into much greater detail than the onsite ones and left out a few tidbits of key information.
  • Giga Impact was not included in the above cluster of moves and is still lacking a competitive uses section.
  • Gust's related moves section was enormous and listed a ton of moves unrelated to gust. I shortened it down to just Twister since it bears the most similarities.
  • Gyro Ball was looking a little shoddy so I did a quick little revamp of a portion of it. #grammar chewed it over for a few minutes and spruced it up a bit before uploading.

Oglemi

Borf
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
10% chance to lower Special Defense by 1 stage.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Flash Cannon has a 10% chance to lower the target's Special Defense by one stage. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Powerful, accurate and reliable, Flash Cannon is the only special Steel-type move that most Pokemon have access to. That being said, Steel is a subpar attacking type, and should only be used as a coverage move on Steel-types. Even then Flash Cannon is an extremely rare sight, with Magnezone and Magneton being possibly the most common users of the move. Usually though these Pokemon prefer to use the slot for a move with wider coverage or for a utility move such as Volt Switch.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Shadow Ball is a Ghost-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Energy Ball is a Grass-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Confuses the target. Boosts the target's Special Attack by 1 stage.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Flatter raises the target's Special Attack by two stages, then confuses it. If the target has the ability Own Tempo, it will not be confused, but its Special Attack will still be boosted. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Flatter should not be used competitively. Its counterpart, Swagger, is a high risk, high reward move that takes advantage of the confusion by boosting the target's Attack. As confusion damage is not calculated using the Special Attack stat, Flatter is effectively useless. </p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Swagger is a Normal-type equivalent with lower accuracy that boosts the target's Attack stat. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Throws the user's hold item at the foe. Power and effect depend on the item.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Fling throws the user's current hold item at the target. The base power and effect of the move is determined by the hold item. Almost every item can be used, but the most effective are listed below:

If the user is holding a Toxic Orb, Fling has 30 base power and causes Toxic poisoning.

If the user is holding an Iron Ball, Fling has 130 base power.

Fling will fail if the user does not have a hold item, if the user has the ability Klutz, or if the user is under the effects of Embargo. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Fling is most famously seen on Gliscor. Holding a Toxic Orb, Gliscor can activate its Poison Heal ability, then Fling away the Orb, potentially inflicting Toxic poison on a target. Once Gliscor is no longer holding an item, the base power of its STAB Acrobatics will double.</p>

<p>Flinging an Iron Ball generates a 130 Base Power Dark-type attack, but will halve the user's Speed until flung. Yet, this is still an option for Pokemon that are desperate to get rid of Psychic- or Ghost-type threats and have no other move with which to break through them. An example is Hitmonlee in RU, where Flinging an Iron Ball at Cofagrigus will put the Ghost into KO range of Stone Edge, where before Hitmonlee would face getting burned by Will-O-Wisp before being able to KO it.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>

[SHORT DESC]

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Focus Blast has a 10% chance to lower the target's Special Defense by one stage. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Focus Blast is the most powerful special Fighting-type move in the game. It is also the least accurate. The move is essential for providing coverage on many special attackers, and its high Base Power makes it a superior choice against bulky special walls such as Tyranitar and Ferrothorn. A prime example is Alakazam, where the coverage that Focus Blast provides alongside its powerful STAB Psychic attacks lets it blow through a large portion of the metagame. However, like Stone Edge, Focus Blast is widely considered one of the worst moves in the game solely because of its awful accuracy. Despite this, Focus Blast sees a lot of use because of the amazing coverage it provides, and many players are willing to take the risk in order to have the chance to achieve important KOs. If the low accuracy of the move is undesirable, Aura Sphere is a excellent substitute on the handful of Pokemon that learn it.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Aura Sphere is a weaker, more accurate option. </p>

<p>Thunder is an Electric-type equivalent. </p>
<p>Hurricane is a Flying-type equivalent. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Boosts critical hit rate by two stages.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Focus energy boosts the user's critical hit ratio by two stages. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Focus Energy should not be used competitively. Aiming for critical hits is an ineffective strategy, as the critical hit ratio will still be quite low, and the boosts cannot be stacked. Furthermore, your Pokemon may struggle to find a free moveslot for Focus Energy.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Fails if the user takes damage before it hits.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Focus Punch will "charge" at the beginning of the turn, and execute with decreased priority (-3). If the user is hit by a damaging move before Focus Punch executes, it will fail. If the user is behind a Substitute, Focus Punch will not be interrupted. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Focus Punch is extremely powerful and highly accurate. The free turn required to use the move is best gained by the use of a Substitute, which will shield the user from attacks that may interrupt the move. The strategy is called SubPunch, and one of the most common users is Breloom. With its combination of Spore, Substitute, and Focus Punch, Breloom is able to almost always set up a Substitute and fire off its incredibly powerful STAB Focus Punches. Other notable SubPunch users include Golurk in UU and RU, and Kangaskhan in NU. Focus Punch is powerful, but otherwise impractical without the protection of a Substitute, so other powerful Fighting-type moves, such as Close Combat or Hi Jump Kick, are better choices for general use.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
All moves target the user.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Follow Me is an increased priority move (+3). Once executed, all targeted attacks used by the opposing side will hit the user, regardless of the chosen target. If an ally of the user has the ability Lightningrod or Storm Drain, Follow Me will still draw in any Electric- or Water-type moves, respectively. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Follow Me is useless in singles. In doubles however, it is extremely useful for giving one Pokemon a free turn, where they cannot be targeted by any of the opposing side's attacks. This allows strategies such as Trick Room to be more easily employed, as well as possibly saving a sweeping teammate from an otherwise fatal attack. Common users of the move include Togekiss and Clefable, both of which sport fantastic bulk, as well as wide movepools.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Rage Powder is a Bug-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
30% chance to paralyze opponent.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Force Palm has a 30% chance to paralyze the target. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Force Palm's Base Power is too low to merit competitive use. However, the Technician ability will boost this move to 90 Base Power, making it powerful on top of the paralysis chance. As it stands, the only Pokemon that commonly makes use of the move is Hariyama, as it is Hariyama's most reliable attack without the harmful side effects of lowered defenses that comes with Close Combat, and the low accuracy of Cross Chop. Hariyama is also able to effectively capitalize on the paralysis and spread it around on the opposing team. Beyond this example, there are very few other Pokemon that are able to really make use of the move and would rather use a more powerful move such as Close Combat or Hi Jump Kick.Breloom is the only Pokemon that currently has access to this combination, but Force Palm is usually outclassed by Low Sweep, which offers a consistent method of lowering the target's Speed.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Needle Arm is a Grass-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Blocks evasion modifiers. Allows user's Fighting- and Normal-type moves to hit Ghosts.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Foresight will reset the target's Evasion modifier to 0. If the target is a Ghost-type, its immunity to Normal- and Fighting-type moves will be removed. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Foresight's only use is preventing spinblocking. Outside this, the move is not very useful. </p>
<p>Foresight serves a possibly gamebreaking role of ensuring that a spinner is able to use Rapid Spin against a Ghost-type, getting entry hazards off of the user's side of a field so that a teammate can enter the battlefield safely. However, the strategy is more commonly seen in the lower tiers, particularly in UU and RU. In UU, Blastoise and Hitmontop are common users of the strategy, while in RU Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are often seen using the strategy.</p>

<p>The combination of Rapid Spin and Foresight is such a force in the lower tiers that teams will often employ a "double Ghost" strategy, where the team will use two Ghost-types on the team to ensure that entry hazards will stay on the opponent's side of the field since the effect of Foresight disappears once the target is switched out. This allows double Ghost teams to constantly switch between the two Ghosts to never allow the opponent to get a Rapid Spin off.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Odor Sleuth is an exact equivalent. </p>
<p>Miracle eye is a Psychic-type equivalent that instead removes the immunity of Dark-type Pokemon.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Uses the target's Attack stat in damage calculation.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Foul Play calculates damages with the target's Attack stat instead of the user's. Abilities that modify the target's Attack stat, such as Pure Power, are taken into account, whereas those that modify damage output or attack base power, such as Technician and Analytic, are not. The user's status conditions or hold items are also taken into account, while the target's are not. STAB is discerned by the user's typing. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This move is quite useful for weaker defensive Pokemon, as it will hit much harder than their other moves if used on a target with a high Attack stat. The main example of this is Sableye, who needs to focus on its defenses and can't spare any EVs into Attack. In order to then deal damage, Sableye will use the base Attack stat of its opponents against them with Foul Play, effectively giving Sableye a powerful attack without having to invest any EVs into Attack.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Always results in a critical hit.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Frost Breath has a 100% critical hit rate. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>While slightly weaker and less accurate than Ice Beam, Frost Breath is an acceptable alternative. It is useful for countering defensive stat boosters, as the critical hits ignore the boosts. However, defensive stat boosters are few and far between in the current metagame, lowering the need for Frost Breath.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Storm Throw is a physical Fighting-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
No additional effect.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Frustration's base power is determined by the user's happiness rating; A low happiness rating will increase the base power to a maximum of 102, while a high rating will decrease it. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Frustration is useless on cartridge trained Pokemon, as it is nearly impossible to raise them to high levels while maintaining a low happiness rating. Return should be used in these cases, as trained Pokemon can easily reach and maintain maximum happiness. On a battle simulator, however, one can easily set the user's happiness to 0, making Frustration an acceptable alternative.</p>

<p>As it stands, Frustration serves the same purpose as Return as the staple STAB attack of physical Normal-type attackers. A 102 Base Power STAB attack with no drawbacks is a huge blessing to physical Normal-type sweepers, including Sawsbuck, Tauros, Ambipom, Staraptor, and many others. Though outside of Normal-types, Frustration is rarely seen due to its otherwise poor coverage and lack of secondary effect. Unfortunately for the said Normal-types, Steel-types are almost ubiquitous in today's OU metagame, and the last thing any team wants to do is give them any more safe switch ins than they already get, relegating Normal-types and Return/Frustration to the lower tiers. In the lower tiers, RU and NU in particular, there are few viable Steel- and Ghost-types, meaning a STAB-boosted Frustration has much greater viability and relative power to blow through teams.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Return is an inverse equivalent.</p>

Slowly working through NoBlue's post, I also skipped through entries that didn't need to be edited or anything.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
10% chance to lower Special Defense by 1 stage.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Flash Cannon has a 10% chance to lower the target's Special Defense by one stage. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Powerful, accurate and reliable, Flash Cannon is the only special Steel-type move that most Pokemon have access to. That being said, Steel is a subpar attacking type, and should only be used as a coverage move on Steel-types. Even then Flash Cannon is an extremely rare sight, with Magnezone and Magneton being possibly the most common users of the move. Usually though these Pokemon prefer to use the slot for a move with wider coverage or for a utility move such as Volt Switch.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Shadow Ball is a Ghost-type equivalent.</p>
<p>Energy Ball is a Grass-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Confuses the target. Boosts the target's Special Attack by 1 stage.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Flatter raises the target's Special Attack by two stages, then confuses it. If the target has the ability Own Tempo, it will not be confused, but its Special Attack will still be boosted. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Flatter should not be used competitively. Its counterpart, Swagger, is a high risk, high reward move that takes advantage of the confusion by boosting the target's Attack. As confusion damage is not calculated using the Special Attack stat, Flatter is effectively useless. </p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Swagger is a Normal-type equivalent with lower accuracy that boosts the target's Attack stat. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Throws the user's hold item at the foe. Power and effect depend on the item.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Fling throws the user's current hold item at the target. The base power and effect of the move is determined by the hold item. Almost every item can be used, but the most effective are listed below:

If the user is holding a Toxic Orb, Fling has 30 base power and causes Toxic poisoning.

If the user is holding an Iron Ball, Fling has 130 base power.

Fling will fail if the user does not have a hold item, if the user has the ability Klutz, or if the user is under the effects of Embargo. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Fling is most famously seen on Gliscor. Holding a Toxic Orb, Gliscor can activate its Poison Heal ability, then Fling away the Orb, potentially inflicting Toxic poison on a target. Once Gliscor is no longer holding an item, the base power of its STAB Acrobatics will double.</p>

<p>Flinging an Iron Ball generates a 130 Base Power Dark-type attack, but will halve the user's Speed until flung. Yet, this is still an option for Pokemon that are desperate to get rid of Psychic- or Ghost-type threats and have no other move with which to break through them. An example is Hitmonlee in RU, where Flinging an Iron Ball at Cofagrigus will put the Ghost into KO range of Stone Edge, where before Hitmonlee would face getting burned by Will-O-Wisp before being able to KO it.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>

[SHORT DESC]

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Focus Blast has a 10% chance to lower the target's Special Defense by one stage. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Focus Blast is the most powerful special Fighting-type move in the game. It is also the least accurate. The move is essential for providing coverage on many special attackers, and its high Base Power makes it a superior choice against bulky special walls such as Tyranitar and Ferrothorn. A prime example is Alakazam, where the coverage that Focus Blast provides alongside its powerful STAB Psychic attacks lets it blow through a large portion of the metagame. However, like Stone Edge, Focus Blast is widely considered one of the worst moves in the game solely because of its awful accuracy. Despite this, Focus Blast sees a lot of use because of the amazing coverage it provides, and many players are willing to take the risk in order to have the chance to achieve important KOs. If the low accuracy of the move is undesirable, Aura Sphere is a excellent substitute on the handful of Pokemon that learn it.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Aura Sphere is a weaker, more accurate option. </p>

<p>Thunder is an Electric-type equivalent. </p>
<p>Hurricane is a Flying-type equivalent. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Boosts critical hit rate by two stages.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Focus energy boosts the user's critical hit ratio by two stages. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Focus Energy should not be used competitively. Aiming for critical hits is an ineffective strategy, as the critical hit ratio will still be quite low, and the boosts cannot be stacked. Furthermore, your Pokemon may struggle to find a free moveslot for Focus Energy.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Fails if the user takes damage before it hits.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Focus Punch will "charge" at the beginning of the turn, and execute with decreased priority (-3). If the user is hit by a damaging move before Focus Punch executes, it will fail. If the user is behind a Substitute, Focus Punch will not be interrupted. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Focus Punch is extremely powerful and highly accurate. The free turn required to use the move is best gained by the use of a Substitute, which will shield the user from attacks that may interrupt the move. The strategy is called SubPunch, and one of the most common users is Breloom. With its combination of Spore, Substitute, and Focus Punch, Breloom is able to almost always set up a Substitute and fire off its incredibly powerful STAB Focus Punches. Other notable SubPunch users include Golurk in UU and RU, and Kangaskhan in NU. Focus Punch is powerful, but otherwise impractical without the protection of a Substitute, so other powerful Fighting-type moves, such as Close Combat or Hi Jump Kick, are better choices for general use.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
All moves target the user.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Follow Me is an increased priority move (+3). Once executed, all targeted attacks used by the opposing side will hit the user, regardless of the chosen target. If an ally of the user has the ability Lightningrod or Storm Drain, Follow Me will still draw in any Electric- or Water-type moves, respectively. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Follow Me is useless in singles. In doubles however, it is extremely useful for giving one Pokemon a free turn, where they cannot be targeted by any of the opposing side's attacks. This allows strategies such as Trick Room to be more easily employed, as well as possibly saving a sweeping teammate from an otherwise fatal attack. Common users of the move include Togekiss and Clefable, both of which sport fantastic bulk, as well as wide movepools.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Rage Powder is a Bug-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
30% chance to paralyze opponent.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Force Palm has a 30% chance to paralyze the target. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Force Palm's Base Power is too low to merit competitive use. However, the Technician ability will boost this move to 90 Base Power, making it powerful on top of the paralysis chance. As it stands, the only Pokemon that commonly makes use of the move is Hariyama, as it is Hariyama's most reliable attack without the harmful side effects of lowered defenses that comes with Close Combat, and the low accuracy of Cross Chop. Hariyama is also able to effectively capitalize on the paralysis and spread it around on the opposing team. Beyond this example, there are very few other Pokemon that are able to really make use of the move and would rather use a more powerful move such as Close Combat or Hi Jump Kick.Breloom is the only Pokemon that currently has access to this combination, but Force Palm is usually outclassed by Low Sweep, which offers a consistent method of lowering the target's Speed.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Needle Arm is a Grass-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Blocks evasion modifiers. Allows user's Fighting- and Normal-type moves to hit Ghosts.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Foresight will reset the target's Evasion modifier to 0. If the target is a Ghost-type, its immunity to Normal- and Fighting-type moves will be removed. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Foresight's only use is preventing spinblocking. Outside this, the move is not very useful. </p>
<p>Foresight serves a possibly gamebreaking role of ensuring that a spinner is able to use Rapid Spin against a Ghost-type, getting entry hazards off of the user's side of a field so that a teammate can enter the battlefield safely. However, the strategy is more commonly seen in the lower tiers, particularly in UU and RU. In UU, Blastoise and Hitmontop are common users of the strategy, while in RU Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are often seen using the strategy.</p>

<p>The combination of Rapid Spin and Foresight is such a force in the lower tiers that teams will often employ a "double Ghost" strategy, where the team will use two Ghost-types on the team to ensure that entry hazards will stay on the opponent's side of the field since the effect of Foresight disappears once the target is switched out. This allows double Ghost teams to constantly switch between the two Ghosts to never allow the opponent to get a Rapid Spin off.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Odor Sleuth is an exact equivalent. </p>
<p>Miracle eye is a Psychic-type equivalent that instead removes the immunity of Dark-type Pokemon.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
Uses the target's Attack stat in damage calculation.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Foul Play calculates damages with the target's Attack stat instead of the user's. Abilities that modify the target's Attack stat, such as Pure Power, are taken into account, whereas those that modify damage output or attack base power, such as Technician and Analytic, are not. The user's status conditions or hold items are also taken into account, while the target's are not. STAB is discerned by the user's typing. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>This move is quite useful for weaker defensive Pokemon, as it will hit much harder than their other moves if used on a target with a high Attack stat. The main example of this is Sableye, who needs to focus on its defenses and can't spare any EVs into Attack. In order to then deal damage, Sableye will use the base Attack stat of its opponents against them with Foul Play, effectively giving Sableye a powerful attack without having to invest any EVs into Attack.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>

[SHORT DESC]
Always results in a critical hit.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Frost Breath has a 100% critical hit rate. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>While slightly weaker and less accurate than Ice Beam, Frost Breath is an acceptable alternative. It is useful for countering defensive stat boosters, as the critical hits ignore the boosts. However, defensive stat boosters are few and far between in the current metagame, lowering the need for Frost Breath.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Storm Throw is a physical Fighting-type equivalent.</p>

[SHORT DESC]
No additional effect.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Frustration's base power is determined by the user's happiness rating; A low happiness rating will increase the base power to a maximum of 102, while a high rating will decrease it. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Frustration is useless on cartridge trained Pokemon, as it is nearly impossible to raise them to high levels while maintaining a low happiness rating. Return should be used in these cases, as trained Pokemon can easily reach and maintain maximum happiness. On a battle simulator, however, one can easily set the user's happiness to 0, making Frustration an acceptable alternative.</p>

<p>As it stands, Frustration serves the same purpose as Return as the staple STAB attack of physical Normal-type attackers. A 102 Base Power STAB attack with no drawbacks is a huge blessing to physical Normal-type sweepers, including Sawsbuck, Tauros, Ambipom, Staraptor, and many others. Though outside of Normal-types, Frustration is rarely seen due to its otherwise poor coverage and lack of secondary effect. Unfortunately for the said Normal-types, Steel-types are almost ubiquitous in today's OU metagame, and the last thing any team wants to do is give them any more safe switch ins than they already get, relegating Normal-types and Return/Frustration to the lower tiers. In the lower tiers, RU and NU in particular, there are few viable Steel- and Ghost-types, meaning a STAB-boosted Frustration has much greater viability and relative power to blow through teams.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Return is an inverse equivalent.</p>

Slowly working through NoBlue's post, I also skipped through entries that didn't need to be edited or anything.
On these.

EDIT:

Things to note:

-In Focus Blast's "Related Moves" section, Hidden Power Fighting is listed on-site but not in these entries; I left it alone for now, however.
-In Frost Breath's "Related Moves" section, Blizzard and Ice Beam are listed on-site but not in these entries; I left them alone for now, however.
-In Frustration's "Related Moves" section, Double-Edge is listed on-site but not in these entries; I left it alone for now, however.

Oglemi

Borf
add
remove
comments

[SHORT DESC]
Power doubles if used after Fusion Flare.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Fusion Bolt's base power will double if it is executed after the user has been hit by the target's Fusion Flare. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Fusion Bolt is powerful and accurate. Only two Pokemon—Victini and Zekrom—learn this move, and it is an excellent choice on both. While Fusion Bolt is weaker than Bolt Strike for Zekrom, it's still extremely powerful when backed by Zekrom's incredible base 150 Attack. Fusion Bolt makes a nice option for the last slot on a Choice set as it offers perfect accuracy, and Bolt Strike may run out of PP later in the match due to the amount of Pokemon with Pressure in Ubers. Fusion Bolt has more utility on Victini, where it is the pixie's best option to remove the bulky Water-types that run rampant in UU, particularly Slowbro and Milotic. When Fusion Bolt is used together with Victini's insanely powerful V-create, almost nothing can stand in the way of its Choice set.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Wild Charge is a weaker equivalent that deals recoil damage.</p>

<p>Fusion Flare is a special Fire-type equivalent. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Power doubles if used after Fusion Bolt.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Fusion Flare's base power will double if it is executed after the user has been hit by the target's Fusion Bolt. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Fusion Flare is an acceptable substitute for Flamethrower. It is slightly stronger, but does not carry the 10% burn chance. Reshiram is the only Pokemon with access to this move, and it will rarely, if ever, use it. This is due to Reshiram also having access to the more powerful Blue Flare. However, it can be used as a substitute to Blue Flare or Flamethrower on Choice sets, though Flamethrower's higher PP is usually more desired in Ubers where many Pokemon have Pressure as an ability.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Fusion Bolt is a physical Electric-type equivalent. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
Cures status on the user's team.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>Heal Bell will cure the user's team of status. In Generation V, Heal Bell will cure Pokemon with the Soundproof ability. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Heal Bell is an excellent supporting move. It can restore otherwise useless Pokemon, such as a paralyzed Alakazam, to top condition, and is worth the moveslot is almost all cases. Heal Bell is one of the best supporting moves in the entire game. Being able to cure the whole team of debilitating status can give a team new hopes of setting up another sweep or outstall a certain threat. The term used to describe a user of Heal Bell is cleric, and they are an important part of nearly every successful stall team. Clerics are almost the sole reason why a stall team cannot be easily defeated by the opponent throwing around Toxic. Clerics also serve an important role on balanced teams by ensuring that the team's sweeper or wallbreaker won't be crippled by a burn or paralysis. In BW clerics serve another interesting role as a sleep-remover as well, curing the sleep of BW Rest users or those inflicted by an opponent's Spore or Sleep Powder, thus rejuvenating an otherwise useless team member.</p>

<p>The only real downside to Heal Bell is its limited distribution, with only a few usable Pokemon having access to the move. These Pokemon also limit the types of teams a cleric can be used on, making them predictable. And to top it all off, making room for Heal Bell on a moveset limits the offensive options that the Pokemon could have used instead to decrease the amount they are affected by Taunt or enemy set up sweepers.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Aromatherapy is a Grass-type equivalent. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Heavy Slam has little to no competitive use. Unless used by exceptionally heavy Pokemon on extremely light targets, the move will often be outdamaged by more reliable choices, such as Iron Head or Meteor Mash. The exception to this is Choice Band Aggron in RU, where Heavy Slam gets a stronger hit on many of the Pokemon that threaten Aggron more than Iron Head.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Heat Crash is a Fire-type equivalent. </p>

[SHORT DESC]
If it misses, user loses HP equal to 1/2 the user's max HP.

[LONG DESC]
<h2>Description</h2>
<p>If Hi Jump Kick misses, is used on a Ghost-type Pokemon, or is blocked by Protect or Detect, the user receives recoil damage equal to half of its maximum HP, rounded down. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>Hi Jump Kick is absurdly powerful and highly accurate., and a However, it is a potent double edged sword. The move has extreme power and few drawbacks, but must be used carefully. If you suspect that the target will use Protect, or a Ghost will switch in, you must preempt accordingly. </p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>
<p>Jump Kick is a weaker, more accurate equivalent. </p>

<h2>Competitive Use</h2>
<p>As Hidden Power can be any type, (bar Normal) it is a fundamental move for special attackers, providing a decently powered coverage move of a type that the user may otherwise lack. Almost every Pokemon in the game has access to this move, and it's everywhere. Latios, for example, does not learn any Fire-type moves to cover the Steel-type Pokemon that wall its STAB, so uses Hidden Power Fire to patch up this problem. The potential for this move is nearly endless, and can be a nasty surprise for otherwise solid counters. Some general rules of thumb are: most Dragon-types will carry Hidden Power Fire, Water-types will have Hidden Power Grass, Grass- and Electric-types will have Hidden Power Ice, and Ghost-types will have Hidden Power Fighting. Always expect the unexpected, and just remember that the presence of Hidden Power is largely a case-by-case basis.</p>

<h2>Related Moves</h2>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)